Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th February 2020, 18:53   #946
BHPian

Re: Tata Harrier : Official Review

As far as I know Delhi is on BS6 fuel from October 2019. Is that not the case?
Garth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st February 2020, 09:23   #947
Senior - BHPian

Someone on my street (in Bangalore) had picked up the Black edition, and I caught up with him yesterday. He is totally satisfied with its performance, and it does look like the production models are free from niggles of late. The shiny black really stands out, but my favourite remains white. Mileage is around 10, he proffered, but this segment buyers don't give that much weight-age I gather. It's more of comfort, and on that he rates it 10 out of 10. Engine noise too appeared well under controlled, which had annoyed me during its launch. I'm positive for the BS6 batches, fingers crossed.
Sebring is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2020, 00:26   #948
Distinguished - BHPian

The top hat of the Harrier:

Tata Harrier : Official Review-1.jpg

Tata Harrier : Official Review-2.jpg

Credits - Downtowner
RavenAvi is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 22:49   #949
Senior - BHPian

So I got the pricelist for the BsVI today. Is "Handling charges" now being mentioned to as "logistic charges" here? Or did such a thing exist before this?
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Harrier : Official Review-img20200224wa0000.jpg  

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 24th February 2020 at 22:50.
Nithesh_M is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2020, 23:12   #950
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
So I got the pricelist for the BsVI today. Is "Handling charges" now being mentioned to as "logistic charges" here? Or did such a thing exist before this?
Yes, handling and logistics charges are one and the same.

Thanks for the sharing the pricelist.
JithinR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 15:46   #951
BHPian

I have a question on the Electronic Stability Program (ESP) button in my Harrier HZ. While I understand that ESP kicks in to provide better stability and control in wet or slippery roads, in what situation does one turn off the ESP ? Since there is a switch to turn it off manually (since ESP is "On" as standard), I was wondering as to what conditions would a driver be forced to switch it off. Responses from the learned and experienced T-Bhp members would be much appreciated.
madhukriss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 16:08   #952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madhukriss View Post
Since there is a switch to turn it off manually (since ESP is "On" as standard), I was wondering as to what conditions would a driver be forced to switch it off. Responses from the learned and experienced T-Bhp members would be much appreciated.
Most cars nowadays do not have a button to turn off the ESP which is especially true in case of sedans,hatchbacks,MPVs etc. This is because the need to turn the ESP off arises only when you are either stuck or driving through snow,mud,sand etc. Almost all the aforementioned cars rarely see such activity during their lifetime.

While it's a different case with SUVs which are supposed to do some mud plugging. In such SUVs if you are stuck in snow or mud and do not have the ability to turn off the ESP then the torque being sent to the driving wheels will be cut by the ESP system and you won't be able to get out of those sticky situations. This is because the ESP mainly reads the rotational speed of the wheels and acts accordingly to help the driver gain control. The ESP cannot distinguish whether the wheels are spinning because they are stuck in mud or if you have lost control of your car while taking a turn for example.

That's why modern premium offroaders give you the option to manually select ESP setting for different offroad driving conditions. For example the Terrain Response system in LandRover SUVs and a similar setup in the Endeavour.

And turning off the ESP is even essential if you want to drift or launch your car at those traffic signal drag races where having the ESP enabled will bog you down and won't allow some essential wheel spin for a strong start or it will spoil your donuts
ram87pune is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 16:21   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
While it's a different case with SUVs which are supposed to do some mud plugging.
=====
and won't allow some essential wheel spin for a strong start or it will spoil your donuts
Thanks ram87pune, this is useful information indeed ! Now, I know how to get out of a "sticky/slushy" situation, albeit restricted to the time I am driving my vehicle in off-road conditions.
madhukriss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 17:48   #954
BHPian

As per autocar India Tata is planning to launch Harrier and upcoming Gravitas with a 1.5 litre 4 cylinder turbo petrol mill.
The engine might produce 150-160 bhp. The main question is they will be already behind the 2.0 litre unit of Mahindra which will produce 190 bhp.
Don't know if it is a good move from Tata, however big SUV and petrol engines has never worked in Indian market.
PraNeel is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2020, 18:19   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraNeel View Post
Don't know if it is a good move from Tata, however big SUV and petrol engines has never worked in Indian market.
I'm sure they've done their own market research on this. It seems over 20% of MG Hector sales are petrol variants. Add to that, the fact that BS6 has made people transition to petrol means that its viable for TATA to have a petrol variant in the Harrier.

Another plus for them IMO is that they are known for aggressive pricing.
Old 6th March 2020, 23:11   #956
Senior - BHPian

How does this even happen on a non sunroof equipped car? Its a BSIV XM variant.

Last edited by Nithesh_M : 6th March 2020 at 23:14.
Nithesh_M is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 00:55   #957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nithesh_M View Post
How does this even happen on a non sunroof equipped car? Its a BSIV XM variant.
One more issue with Harrier !
As if the existing ones were not enough. Sometimes it makes us wonder, does the process called 'Quality Check' really exists in TATA motors?

Have huge respect for TATA for providing good built and safe cars like Nexon and Altroz.
I myself have suggested my friends to look into Nexon during their car hunt.
But for Harrier, I am afraid to suggest it to someone.

Meanwhile, feel sorry for the owner.
Firstly, thought the leakage may be due to antenna, but, then it flashed to me that the Harrier comes with regular or shark finn antenna. Both mounted at the rear.
So in this scenario seems like the culprit is either the windshield beading or some crack in roof edge.
May be this is causing the water to enter roof light assembly.

Hope some experts can through some light on this.

The Harrier already has good looks, engine, built quality.
Hopefully TATA has addressed the niggles with BS6 model. Fingers crossed.
DLC5005 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th March 2020, 12:11   #958
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC5005 View Post
One more issue with Harrier !
As if the existing ones were not enough. Sometimes it makes us wonder, does the process called 'Quality Check' really exists in TATA motors?

The Harrier already has good looks, engine, built quality.
Hopefully TATA has addressed the niggles with BS6 model. Fingers crossed.
This is not a niggle/problem that we have come across before. So, might be too premature to attribute it to TML's "quality check" standards.

As for addressing niggles reported in the T-BHP review and by other members, many of them have been taken care of in the BS6 version that is out. You should read the "Harrier BS6" thread to get member's views about their TD of the new crop of Harriers.
madhukriss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2020, 15:45   #959
BHPian

Any one here registered for Harrier Service Gold Club membership. If so can let me know the process?
Old 13th March 2020, 13:54   #960
BHPian

Here is a link to the latest video of the Calypso Red Color. People interested in the sunroof can get a good glimpse of the sunroof opening and closing at 11:25 into the video. The rest of the video is mostly generic shots and most that we already saw in the marketing so far.
teja484 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks