Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th August 2023, 07:26   #451
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
1. Skid plate is available on boodmo. This pic was recently shared in a Whatsapp group
How does one join these WhatsApp groups?
Old 17th August 2023, 07:31   #452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
How does one join these WhatsApp groups?
Mine is a small group of known contacts. There are telegram groups as well that you can search but all quality information and support from fellow BHPians is available here on the forum (already) so you are not missing out on anything. Participation in the forum also ensures that posts generated with help fellow enthusiasts and owners. So I hope we all continue these discussions using the forum.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2023, 00:09   #453
BHPian

I finally got new set of tyres.

I was getting

CONTINENTAL 215/60 R16 ULTRACONTACT UC6 95V TUBELESS TYRE is ₹8200
MRF Perfinza CLX1 215/60 R16 is ₹7900
Michelin Primacy 4 ST 215/60 R16 99V is ₹10, 850
Bridgestone Turanza for ₹8450

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20230820_170954.jpg
The old ones went for ₹100 each

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20230821_183941.jpg
The MRF dealer gave a further ₹100 Discount. All were 2023 make.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20230821_194557.jpg
These sets feel a lot firmer than UX Royale. I Will update when I have driven a bit more.

Also these are my alignment Values. Are they ok?

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20230822_000720.jpg
RaviCar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 15:13   #454
BHPian

According to the door sticker:

Attachment 2511578

I usually keep the pressure at 33 psi on all tires in the city. But I will soon be making a road trip with full load to pondy from Bangalore.

Has anyone tried the 36/41 pressures?
Did it affect ride comfort and grip?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-scross-tyre-pressure.jpg  

Old 8th October 2023, 15:37   #455
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapzero View Post
I got the AAWireless (https://www.aawireless.io/)
I am facing connectivity issues on wired AA from day one, where the screen freezes on Maps and unit needs to be restarted to get in working again. Service centers say it is software issue and not hardware issue, so need to wait for software update from Google. Have you faced similar issue when using this device, given that it is just an extension accessory?

Also, if you can tell, how much you paid in total to get it delivered in India?

Quote:
Has anyone tried the 36/41 pressures?
Did it affect ride comfort and grip?
I mostly drive with 1-2 passengers but feel the steering wheel is a little harder on 33 psi, so I always keep 36 psi on all 4 wheels at all times. Steering wheel is lighter and car is easier to drive.
Old 10th October 2023, 10:36   #456
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheway View Post
I am facing connectivity issues on wired AA from day one, where the screen freezes on Maps and unit needs to be restarted to get in working again. Service centers say it is software issue and not hardware issue, so need to wait for software update from Google.
I've faced this many times and it requires car to be turned off completely for couple of minutes and then restarting it solves. It is so irritating!! I found one solution which works sometimes, when the infotainment system hangs, double tap on the power button and it is back to work. This works most of the time. Lately, I had reset my infotainment and after that it didn't hang. It's been 2 to 3 months now.

Also, the software issue isn't from Google, the software needs to be updated by the service centre. Google only owns Android Auto, which keeps getting updated every month. Check the version of your software in the infotainment system.
Beingtraveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 12:06   #457
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beingtraveler View Post
I've faced this many times and it requires car to be turned off completely for couple of minutes and then restarting it solves. It is so irritating!! I found one solution which works sometimes, when the infotainment system hangs, double tap on the power button and it is back to work. This works most of the time. Lately, I had reset my infotainment and after that it didn't hang. It's been 2 to 3 months now.

Also, the software issue isn't from Google, the software needs to be updated by the service centre. Google only owns Android Auto, which keeps getting updated every month. Check the version of your software in the infotainment system.
Software reset and a good quality tight cable worked for me.
Shrek8421 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2023, 11:55   #458
BHPian

Quote:
Software reset and a good quality tight cable worked for me.
How do you do the Software reset? Can I do it myself, or is the Service Centre supposed to do it?

I have faced this issue a number of times too! It is so frustrating!!!

When I asked the Service Centre about updation of the software, they seemed totally puzzled. Finally, one agent came up with an 'answer' - "It will update automatically", he said. But that did not seem like an informed response to me!

Yes, having a good quality USB cable, which fits well, does help... But that too is not fool-proof - I have had the issue with one cable today - and then resolved the issue by bringing back that same cabe, a few days later!
Old 11th October 2023, 21:41   #459
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaditto View Post
How do you do the Software reset? Can I do it myself, or is the Service Centre supposed to do it?
Software reset, also known as “reset to factory settings” can be done by us at our home and it does not need a service center visit.

Click on the Head unit settings icon on the right side of the display, then scroll to the bottom and click on “Reset to factory settings”. Thats all.

I just found a small video on Youtube for your quick reference.

PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2023, 16:31   #460
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaditto View Post

I have faced this issue a number of times too! It is so frustrating!!!

When I asked the Service Centre about updation of the software, they seemed totally puzzled. Finally, one agent came up with an 'answer' - "It will update automatically", he said. But that did not seem like an informed response to me!

Yes, having a good quality USB cable, which fits well, does help... But that too is not fool-proof - I have had the issue with one cable today - and then resolved the issue by bringing back that same cabe, a few days later!
This should help for AA issues:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5642801 (2022 Maruti XL6 Facelift Review)
Old 13th October 2023, 11:41   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I usually keep the pressure at 33 psi on all tires in the city. But I will soon be making a road trip with full load to pondy from Bangalore.

Has anyone tried the 36/41 pressures? Did it affect ride comfort and grip?
Apologies for late reply. I also maintain 34 PSI in all tyres but I did a 350km road trip with 5 people onboard last year. The car had zero pick up and I had a terrible experience as a driver, cursing myself for getting this Maruti 1.5 K15B motor.

Three weeks later, all 5 of us again went to a 30Km road trip where I inflated the tyres to 36/41 as per recommendation. The return journey with higher pressure was normal.

36/41 is not an option. This the pressure that is needed when the car is being driven with full load.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2023, 11:55   #462
BHPian

Quote:
Apologies for late reply. I also maintain 34 PSI in all tyres but I did a 350km road trip with 5 people onboard last year. The car had zero pick up and I had a terrible experience as a driver, cursing myself for getting this Maruti 1.5 K15B motor.

Three weeks later, all 5 of us again went to a 30Km road trip where I inflated the tyres to 36/41 as per recommendation. The return journey with higher pressure was normal.

36/41 is not an option. This the pressure that is needed when the car is being driven with full load.
This is really helpful thanks. I was worried about tyre bursting at 41 psi.
Old 17th October 2023, 22:50   #463
BHPian

Quote:

Thanks again. Drive on 36/41 psi and had no issues. Car felt planted on speeds of 100 kmph. Got mileage of 18kmpl. Ride quality was good with no fatigue after an 8 hour journey.
Old 3rd November 2023, 16:15   #464
BHPian

Hi Team,

What are your opinions on Extended warranty?
I am getting it for about 26K.
Bought a 2021 used s-cross zeta AT and warranty expires this week. Using the car since august and no issues so far
Old 4th November 2023, 18:10   #465
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Team,

What are your opinions on Extended warranty?
I am getting it for about 26K.
Bought a 2021 used s-cross zeta AT and warranty expires this week. Using the car since august and no issues so far
It's like insurance, you never know when you need it. 26k although seems high as I got it for about 15k in 2021 October at the time of delivery. Given I've never faced any issues with engine or any electrical parts with my car so far and with previous Swift as well, if I were in your shoes, I would not spend 26k, but if it is offered around 15k, it's not a bad deal.
Beingtraveler is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks