Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2023, 14:32   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
Is that a value for money deal or should I keep looking? Also since the car has been discontinued does it make sense to consider it? Please advise.
Depends upon the city/state of registration. The Zeta manual was a sub 10 lacs exshowroom product with discounts running upto Rs40,000/- or so. The price seems fair for states with high RTO charges such as Karnataka/Bengalore etc.

Regarding this being a discontinued model, do not worry as this is a Maruti Suzuki car and one can get spares for eternity for this K15B engine and related parts. There are even parts distributor network where you can buy any part over the counter including body panels.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2023, 17:56   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
Depends upon the city/state of registration. The Zeta manual was a sub 10 lacs exshowroom product with discounts running upto Rs40,000/- or so. The price seems fair for states with high RTO charges such as Karnataka/Bengalore etc
This has Bangalore registration. Does anyone know what the on road price of the car was brand new? I think the asking price is a bit much for a 2 year old car done 16k km. Between 9-10 lakhs should make sense, no?

Last edited by 2StrokeJunkie : 10th June 2023 at 17:57.
Old 10th June 2023, 18:35   #408
Senior - BHPian

As per v3cars, the on road price in Begalore for the Zeta manual was around Rs 12.4 lacs (reduced TCS from the price). You may reduce around 20% for a 2021 model car (based on higher resale these days). Works to be around Rs 2.5 lacs dep, putting the final price close to ten lacs. I am no expert in used car market though so shall wait for others to contribute.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_4207.png
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 01:48   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapzero View Post
I need some help on my Feb 2022 Scross from the experts here on my car battery woes.
I use the car very sparingly and my battery got completely discharged on 1st April. I got it fully charged by Maruti workshop. Made a few long distance trips since then.
Today I found the battery completely discharged again after the car was unused for just 9 days. Is it normal for a battery with less than 18 months to fully discharge so quickly?
I never faced such issues with my previous cars (Santro, Figo) which were as sparingly used if not less.
Could this be a faulty battery? Its an Exide Conservo OEM battery.
BTW, I have a safecam front and rear dashcam and a AAWireless dongle that probably drains the battery to some extent.

On a side note, My Figo had a nifty diagnostic mode that allowed me to check battery status and other parameters. Is there anything similar available in SCross? I could not find anything on the internet. Below is the Figo diagnostic example: https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=Izre1ICszPg
I have been driving an S-Cross Zeta - Manual, Petrol, since April 2022.
I too don't drive my car very frequently - sometimes there would be seven, or even ten days that he would be sitting idle, without a single warmup ignition. Although, when he does get to make a trip, it is usually a 200-200 Kms trip to & fro the city, at least once a month.

Even then, when I do start it, I have not faces a single miss till date (touch wood!).

My car is just two months junior to yours. No complaints with either of the batteries, so far.
I am not an authority on this, but my understanding is that the electronic items you mentioned, do not require a huge amount of power to function.

So, yes - I would say something is definitely amis, with your situation.
Yes, it can always be a faulty battery - but it can just as easily be a faulty wiring. A short in the wiring would drain a battery - however new it maybe - very rapidly!

Any chance of rodent mischief, in your locality/ surroundings? In our geographical region, they are everywhere, you know?!

Last edited by graaja : 13th June 2023 at 06:58. Reason: As requested
Aaditto is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2023, 06:42   #410

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2StrokeJunkie View Post
This has Bangalore registration. Does anyone know what the on road price of the car was brand new? I think the asking price is a bit much for a 2 year old car done 16k km. Between 9-10 lakhs should make sense, no?
Hi, For reference, the price in Bengaluru for Zeta Manual on 6-Jun-22 was 12.34 Lakhs. So in that case , you are getting a flat discount of 2L approx.
However, the price quoted depends on :
1. Vehicle history and condition.
2. Selling person ( True Value, Spinny, etc.)
3. Whether the entity will do the RC transfer to you.

If the above three conditions are favourable, then I think you can safely pay, else negotiate with the person to bring it to about 10L ( which was the EX-showroom price).
crossoverhead1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 18:37   #411
BHPian

Alright, I intend to go check out the car this week. While I have not been inside an S-Cross before I do believe it to be a better VFM product than a Brezza in terms of space and comfort. Can the S Cross be compared to the Grand Vitara in terms of space? For the Brezza it would work out to 14-15 lakhs for 1 level below top-end trim and for the Vitara Grand it works out to 17 lakhs for the Middle-level version I think alloy wheels would be another 40k.

So in my mind the pre-owned 2021 S-Cross Zeta does seem like better value for money.

However my better half is not convinced and other than the worry about the condition, vehicle history, and availability of spares, I was also wondering if the resale value of the car would drop drastically in a few years since it has been discontinued.

Does it make sense to look for a pre-owned discontinued car that we intend to keep atleast for the next 5 years or should we be looking for a model that is still in production?
2StrokeJunkie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 18:51   #412

I would say GV has modern day creature comforts , whereas S-cross has strictly necessary comforts.

Also, both are based on Global C-platform of Suzuki. So , space if not same , will be similar. I did however find GV to be a tad bit constrained at the rear than S-cross ( personal view )

For parts, as other members have mentioned , won’t be a problem ever ( Ciaz is also running on K15B and recently launched Jimny as well will be on the same engine) .

As for depreciation and fall off in value , if you intend to keep your car for long > 7 years) that won’t be an issue in either case. GV will trump in this case as the tech and comforts will be more.

Suggestion : take better half along with you for the test drive of both cars. Otherwise , the concerns which she has mentioned will not go away.
crossoverhead1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th June 2023, 19:06   #413
Senior - BHPian

My post is based on comparison between S-Cross and Vitara Brezza (not the current Brezza).

1. Space: S-Cross > Vitara Brezza

2. Interiors: Grand Vitara > Brezza > S-Cross > Vitara Brezza

3. Boot space: Vitara Brezza boot is more useable because of small spare wheel (205) compared to S-Cross (215 spare wheel). Also, the boot floor in SCross is flush with the bumper top while that in Vitara Brezza is a bit lower than the bumper top. Hence, chances of stuff falling out upon opening the boot is higher in SCross. You can sleep much better in SCross though as its a full sized bed for a 6 footer after folding the rear seats.

4. Features: Brezza and S-Cross score much higher than S-Cross or Vitara Brezza. But they cost more as well. Around 5 lacs for Brezza and 7 lacs for Grand Vitara as per your post.

5. Design: Grand Vitara >> S-Cross > Vitara Brezza > Brezza (because of that flat front grille and headlamp design). Still, both Brezza and Grand Vitara are fresh products.

6. Spares: I dont think any Maruti owner should ever worry about spares, unless one is buying a Kizashi or something.

The resale value consideration is a different aspect. Who knows how the market shifts after 5 years as we approach the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) commitments. I do believe that S-Cross will suffer higher resale depreciation than the Grand Vitara. But since you save almost 7 lacs upfront, the different will be compensated to a reasonable extent.

My POV:

Do not consider its discontinued status while deciding on what you want. Buy S-Cross only if you are comfortable with it. Anyone who buys S-Cross admits that its a very high VFM package at that price and its not a typical Maruti lightweight either. Its built on the global C2 platform and weighs around 1180kg or something in its petrol avatar. All four disc brakes etc are present as well. Dashboard has a soft touch material on the front surface. Its also a thorough European crossover design that was jointly built with FIAT.

The major cons, however, are total lack of SUV looks, average interior design that is uninspiring, presence of all must have features but total lack of good to have features. When you sit and check out the S-Cross with a 2023 Grand Vitara, you heart will always tilt towards the Grand Vitara whoch looks like a proper SUV.
PaddleShifter is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th June 2023, 22:52   #414
BHPian

Hello.
I am looking to buy a pre owned s cross from cars 24.
I have a Ritz VXI ABS 2011 model for which they are offering me 2.7L

The s cross is an alpha AT 2020 model with 25k on the ODO and in pretty decent condition. Small chip on the windscreen and a few scratches around.

Cars24 is offering it for 11.24L.

Any ideas on the price? Should I be checking anything specific?
Old 19th June 2023, 10:24   #415
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
Hello.

The s cross is an alpha AT 2020 model with 25k on the ODO and in pretty decent condition. Small chip on the windscreen and a few scratches around.

Hello
I am also currently looking City/Yaris/Ecosport in used car market.
So far not had a good experience with cars 24. I tried an Ecosport and Jazz with them. The scratches and dents in the car were far more than what they mentioned.
Do a thorough check with a mechanic before deciding.
Price is higher like any cars in these portal. And Bangalore used car market is really bad that the Maruti/Honda cars doesn't have any depreciation
anoopvk268 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 14:33   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Hello.

The price seem to be on a higher side, but, that's how the second hand market is these days specially for Maruti, Hyundai and Honda cars. Negotiate a bit and if all is well with the car - mechanically and engine, go for it. You'll enjoy the subtle ride and comfort of this machine. Do check the service record for any major repair works, accidental claim etc.
Beingtraveler is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 14:36   #417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

The S-Cross AT is a rare piece in the market today. Combine that with the way these guys do business, and you are going to see higher quotes. Check the OTR price for that model & depreciation + damages like the chip on the windscreen + service history check, and try to negotiate.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 15:32   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
The S-Cross AT is a rare piece in the market today. Combine that with the way these guys do business, and you are going to see higher quotes. Check the OTR price for that model & depreciation + damages like the chip on the windscreen + service history check, and try to negotiate.
The OTR price in 2020 in bangalore was about 15L. Thats about 4L depreciation which is not a lot considering its a discontinued product.
Cars24 is also offering me 2.6L for a 2011 Ritz VXI ABS with 64K on the odometer.

I am just worried about lemons and wondering if there is anything wrong with the car that I cant diagnose.
Also not sure about how quickly i can get the RC and if cars24 is reliable with this.

Also the RC says registered to Mandovi Motors. Now I am wondering if this is a test driver car. If thats the case I am not sure what to make of the 25K odo number.

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 19th June 2023 at 15:54.
Old 19th June 2023, 16:06   #419
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thats about 4L depreciation which is not a lot considering its a discontinued product.

I am just worried about lemons and wondering if there is anything wrong with the car that I cant diagnose.

Also the RC says registered to Mandovi Motors. Now I am wondering if this is a test driver car. .
Go Mandovi Motors and get a paid service history report. That will also tell you if the car was a TD car. The 4L you mention can be seen against their margin, which will add up to the price and kind of "reduce" the depreciation.
condor is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 16:28   #420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Go Mandovi Motors and get a paid service history report. That will also tell you if the car was a TD car. The 4L you mention can be seen against their margin, which will add up to the price and kind of "reduce" the depreciation.
this is the service report from Cars24:
Name:  Screenshot from 20230619 162639.png
Views: 391
Size:  76.5 KB

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks