BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Hi,
I bought the s-cross.
Odo 10k
Reg Nov 2021
Silver Zeta AT
Single owner and will maintained.
1 dent fixed on left panel and windshield replaced due to a crack from a stone.
11L vs 14.3(OTR)

Initial impressions:
1. Ride is sublime and handles amazing
2. 4AT is very convenient in the city. Yet to test on Highway.
3. Lots and lots of space. Coming from a Ritz
4. Smartplay studio works fine. Wired AA but no issues so far.
5. Boot is small but convenient due to no loading lip.
6. MID is monotone but all important info is available
7. Getting 10 to 11kmpl in Bangalore traffic
8. Performance is linear and responsive

Few issues:
1. Existing OEM mats are of poor quality. Velcro has come off and need to be replaced
2. Turning radius takes getting used to.
3. Rear camera lacks adaptive guidelines but has adequate clarity
4. NVH is audible when pushed.
5. Gearbox is slow to shift in lower gears compared to the new 6AT

Overall I am extremely happy with the car. It drives like a dream and the experience can't be captured on a spec sheet.

I have a few questions:

1. Will grand vitara mats fit the s-cross?
2. Should I get extended warranty?
3. Any other accessory suggestions.

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 2nd August 2023 at 20:12.
Shrek8421 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 23:22   #437

Congratulations on your SCross.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrek8421 View Post
3. Any other accessory suggestions.
Two I can recommend:
  • Wireless Android Auto: It is such a convenience. No more fiddling around with usb cables.
  • Internal TPMS. I would recommend Treel from JK. I got the same. Happy with their after sales service and warranty. One of the sensors stopped working after ~ 1.5 years and they promptly couriered me the replacement.
swapzero is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 09:09   #438
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapzero View Post
Congratulations on your SCross.

Two I can recommend:
  • Wireless Android Auto: It is such a convenience. No more fiddling around with usb cables.
  • Internal TPMS. I would recommend Treel from JK. I got the same. Happy with their after sales service and warranty. One of the sensors stopped working after ~ 1.5 years and they promptly couriered me the replacement.

Thanks a lot for the suggestions.
1. Which wireless AA did you get? There seems to be lack of options in India.
2. I was hoping to get an external one because of the complicated fitment. But I will check JK out.
Is it accurate?
Does it work only on solar or does it need charging?
Old 7th August 2023, 10:10   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
2. I was hoping to get an external one because of the complicated fitment. But I will check JK out.
Is it accurate?
I am using external TPMS (many options available on amazon). I have never had the need to charge it and the battery is always charged through solar. I have driven for extended hours during night time as well. Display based TPMS are better than app based ones which consume some phone battery for sure to transmit data via bluetooth. Also, there is no need for pairing and you can remove and refit the sensors in any car (if required). The only con is that you need to remove them if you wish to fill air in the tyres. I need to do this once in two months on an average. A special tool is provided as an anti theft measure so you need to keep that with you at all times as well. I have kept it along with my car documents.

I will share photos of my dash in the evening.
PaddleShifter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 10:35   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
I am using external TPMS (many options available on amazon). I have never had the need to charge it and the battery is always charged through solar. I have driven for extended hours during night time as well. Display based TPMS are better than app based ones which consume some phone battery for sure to transmit data via bluetooth. Also, there is no need for pairing and you can remove and refit the sensors in any car (if required). The only con is that you need to remove them if you wish to fill air in the tyres. I need to do this once in two months on an average. A special tool is provided as an anti theft measure so you need to keep that with you at all times as well. I have kept it along with my car documents.

I will share photos of my dash in the evening.
Thanks for the input. I too feel that external tpms will be less of hassle and completely DIY not dependent on anyone else. Also it will need to be paired with a tire inflator for seamless air filling.
Shrek8421 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 13:37   #441

Quote:
I got the AAWireless (https://www.aawireless.io/)

Quote:
2. I was hoping to get an external one because of the complicated fitment. But
I will check JK out.
Is it accurate?
Yes, pretty accurate. They claim battery life of 5 years. I opted for internal as the car is also used by my mother and wife. So did not want the hassle with external TPMS. Their app is supported on Android Auto so you can get the display on the centre console.
swapzero is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 11:25   #442
BHPian

I may be biased but this car is gorgeous.
Especially after a wax

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-pxl_20230812_1222597463.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-pxl_20230812_1223150052.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-pxl_20230812_1222484243.jpg
Shrek8421 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 12:50   #443
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am looking for suggestions for a new set of tyres for my S-cross 1.5 Zeta AT.

I recently completed a trip to Gwalior from Faridabad. A day before I had 2 small punctures in my rear right tyre which I got repaired, thanks to early indication from the Treel TPMS. They are good and highly recommended.
Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230811-16.16.33.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230816-12.00.50-1.jpeg
A pic during the drive to Gwalior near Nurabad Bridge.

On the way, the TPMS did show lower tyre pressure again in the same tyre and on checking, We found 4 more punctures on the same tyre of which 3 were really small.
Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230816-12.00.47-1.jpeg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230816-12.00.47.jpeg
As you can see that the tyres are worn out and have mostly lived their life at an odometer count of 43600. Do you guys think that my tyres degraded too early? Please suggest what to do enhance tyre life. I did not rotate the Spare tyre.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-whatsapp-image-20230816-12.00.48.jpeg
The stock tyres were JK UX royale 215/60R16 95V. I have had few punctures initially but afterwards and recently I had had none. The trye had a lot of Road noise so I am looking for something more silent now.

I am now Looking at MRF Perfinza 215/60 R16, after reading across the forum. Should I go for this or something else, as I will want to do a Ladhak trip in my next set of tyres. Should i go for AT tyres? If yes then which one. Should I upsize? Currently my understanding is not to upsize.

I would like to go for something which is silent, has great handling and breaking.

Also Suggest some good tyre shop in Faridabad/Gurgaon.

Thanks for your help.

P.S. I hope to write a travelogue some day for this and a lot many other trips I had on these wheels.

Last edited by RaviCar : 16th August 2023 at 13:02. Reason: added pointers
RaviCar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 13:56   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviCar View Post
I am now Looking at MRF Perfinza 215/60 R16, after reading across the forum. Should I go for this or something else, as I will want to do a Ladhak trip in my next set of tyres. Should i go for AT tyres? If yes then which one. Should I upsize? Currently my understanding is not to upsize.

I would like to go for something which is silent, has great handling and breaking.
In a WhatsApp group, those who are using MRF Perfinza are highly satisfied. Budget conscious ones are even using and recommending Ceat SecuraDrive. But I was under the impression that Perfinza is only available in 205R16 (pre facelfit) and not 215/60R16 (facelift). Are you sure that you are getting 215/60R16 Perfinza? 215/60R16 is appropriate size for S-Cross. Wont recommend upsizing.

You need tyres that are silent, good handlers (grip) and braking. I strongly recommend Continental UC6. They are the best tyres below Michelin that are a bit too soft.
PaddleShifter is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 16:00   #445
BHPian

Quote:
In a WhatsApp group, those who are using MRF Perfinza are highly satisfied. Budget conscious ones are even using and recommending Ceat SecuraDrive. But I was under the impression that Perfinza is only available in 205R16 (pre facelfit) and not 215/60R16 (facelift). Are you sure that you are getting 215/60R16 Perfinza? 215/60R16 is appropriate size for S-Cross. Wont recommend upsizing.

You need tyres that are silent, good handlers (grip) and braking. I strongly recommend Continental UC6. They are the best tyres below Michelin that are a bit too soft.
I second the UC6. Havent used them myself but they come highly recommended. 40K is a lttle less for the JKs but there are lot of factors for tyres degrading. If you have the cash and are facing lots of puncture issues I recommend the upgrade.
Shrek8421 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2023, 22:04   #446
BHPian

Quote:
But I was under the impression that Perfinza is only available in 205R16 (pre facelfit) and not 215/60R16 (facelift). Are you sure that you are getting 215/60R16 Perfinza?
Quote:
I second the UC6..

Thanks for suggestion. I will check UC6.
I just searched online and found Perfinza 215/60R16 don't know if its available offline.

I hear that you should prefer brick and mortars over web when buying tyres.
Online prices are -
CONTINENTAL 215/60 R16 ULTRACONTACT UC6 95V TUBELESS TYRE is ₹9,149
MRF Perfinza CLX1 215/60 R16 is ₹8,751
Michelin Primacy 4 ST 215/60 R16 99V is ₹9,699

All are quite costly. I will go out on Saturday and explore shops and availbilty locally.

Thanks.
Old 16th August 2023, 22:16   #447
BHPian

Hi,

Got couple of queries :-

1) Is the front skid plate available as a separate part? If so, can someone share the part number and/or price

2) How does one go about setting up a dashcam (single or dual), considering that the 12V socket is inside the front arm rest and no rear charging socket?
Old 16th August 2023, 22:35   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Hi,

Got couple of queries :-

1) Is the front skid plate available as a separate part? If so, can someone share the part number and/or price

2) How does one go about setting up a dashcam (single or dual), considering that the 12V socket is inside the front arm rest and no rear charging socket?
A1: you can check boodmo but maruti should have it

A2: you can get an extender. Mga has one and there are multiple ones available online. Note that the armrest closes fine even though a wire sticks out. car charger extension

Also there is a rear 12v socket in the boot

Last edited by Shrek8421 : 16th August 2023 at 22:36.
Old 16th August 2023, 22:37   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaviCar View Post
Thanks for suggestion. I will check UC6.
I just searched online and found Perfinza 215/60R16 don't know if its available offline.

I hear that you should prefer brick and mortars over web when buying tyres.
Online prices are -
CONTINENTAL 215/60 R16 ULTRACONTACT UC6 95V TUBELESS TYRE is ₹9,149
MRF Perfinza CLX1 215/60 R16 is ₹8,751
Michelin Primacy 4 ST 215/60 R16 99V is ₹9,699

All are quite costly. I will go out on Saturday and explore shops and availbilty locally.

Thanks.
UC6s offline in Bangalore are at 8.8k and online at 8.5k
I think the prices are reasonable.
Old 16th August 2023, 23:19   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormania View Post
Hi,

Got couple of queries:-

1. Skid plate is available on boodmo. This pic was recently shared in a Whatsapp group.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-643d637db17a4333bcfe75d23666ae59.jpeg

2. Incidentally, the locking mechanism in my S-Cross’ front arm rest was broken by the service personnel so I could use the gap to insert the cable inside the arm rest.
PaddleShifter is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks