Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2021, 16:04   #286
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
...The car which I have booked and yet not received will be a "perceived obsolete" version in another 6 months or so...
It would be a miracle if Maruti gets the "Strong Hybrid" version to India next year. If you know what you want, it really doesn't matter what else is available and perception is relative.

I know a lot of folks who wait for a new launch to buy the old one as they have an opportunity to get it for a lot less. A lot of people buy in the last quarter of the calendar year owing to festivals and year end discounts. I never saw the resale value go down because on paper the car appears a year older (when you discard the month).

Hope you get what you want and get it early too.
UPS_Guru is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 16:37   #287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
It would be a miracle if Maruti gets the "Strong Hybrid" version to India next year. If you know what you want, it really doesn't matter what else is available and perception is relative.

Hope you get what you want and get it early too.
Well, if I had gotten the car a week back as it was promised, I would have jumped in here to crib about how the new facelift looks not so good, instead. Since that didn't happen, I think guess I also am taking it as a hint that the 'Universe' wants me to move on.

I certainly am not going to wait for the newer version. Like I mentioned, I do need 'a' new car (preferably a CSUV, the floods in my area are making me wary of anything with low GC) at this point, which leaves me with very, very little options.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 09:58   #288
BHPian

Hi all,
After changing the tires on my car to Michelin P4ST, the NVH levels have definitely stayed down.
However, the ride quality is now back to bumpy levels and has even worsened; a far cry from how it was just a year back when the car was new. I feel every bump on the road, rumble strips will eventually shake out my fillings, and expansion joints are wreaking havoc on my lumbar joints. Multiple visits to the Maruti service center (recently to replace a recalled alternator) have been fruitless in this regard, with the service technicians claiming everything is fine, and that this is just due to the bad roads of Mumbai/Pune and the badly built Mum-Pune expressway.
The car only has 14000 kilometers on it.
Saw an older S-Cross thread that talks about this issue, and was wondering if any of the owners of the petrol model are also seeing the ride quality of their vehicles deteriorate like this.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Mustang Sammy : 29th November 2021 at 10:12. Reason: Added mileage
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 13:19   #289
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
Saw an older S-Cross thread that talks about this issue, and was wondering if any of the owners of the petrol model are also seeing the ride quality of their vehicles deteriorate like this.
Thanks in advance.
Adding a link to the thread below. Mods, pls feel free to merge with above post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...pension-3.html (Suzuki S-Cross: Bouncy rear suspension)
Old 5th December 2021, 08:20   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Oh, did I mention the dealer sent out a delay notice with additional 4 weeks waiting period with no commit on timelines?
Back to square one.
I am in a similar position with my booking of Sonet, from delivery in Dec to delivery in Feb and now Delivery in April, its a gruelling wait.

And now I am searching for other cars and ironically S-Cross is what many BHPians have recommended.

Why did you finalise on S-cross and what other contenders you had in mind?
anirudhbb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2021, 13:26   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anirudhbb View Post
I am in a similar position with my booking of Sonet, from delivery in Dec to delivery in Feb and now Delivery in April, its a gruelling wait.

And now I am searching for other cars and ironically S-Cross is what many BHPians have recommended.

Why did you finalise on S-cross and what other contenders you had in mind?
Looks like delivery delays are the common theme across all makes and models these days.

From my limited TD experience and extensive review of posts here, S-Cross is a very nice car if one needs (very) comfortable space for 5 people and most of their luggage while being not too worried about lack of some features. There has been enough said about why S-Cross is a good car in many posts in this thread, but it IS an aged model. The next gen is already unveiled but no idea when it will come in to India or how the variants will be.

I had booked and cancelled Creta SXO IVT. Then I looked at Honda City, Seltos, MG Hector, Harrier and then zeroed in on S-Cross. Unfortunately, that also went down the same path of delays.

However, I do have an update. My S-Cross booking stands cancelled as of last evening since I was able to get a Taigun 1.0L Topline AT just couple of days ago. Situations had changed and I really needed 'a' car. It just so happened someone couldn't take their allotment and I happened to go asking at the same time. Test drive, then information on one fresh vehicle available, negotiation, payment, registration - all of that happened in a span of few days.

To the members on the forum who have shared their valuable inputs on so many different topics - my sincere thanks.
asmr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 10:42   #292
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

A query on behalf of a friend who is buying S-Cross Zeta, let's start first with the "Basic Accessories" offered by the dealer:

Name:  Scross Basic Accessories.jpg
Views: 837
Size:  42.0 KB

He is considering only the following, so do let me know if they're worth:
1. PVC Designer mats - will it better to go for 3D, etc type mats ? Any recommendation for this ?

2. Mud Flap (I guess this will be a MGP/A ?)

3. Mobile Fast Charger (I guess this will be a MGP/A ?). Any alternatives ?

4. Leather Steering Grip - not sure if this a MGA. Any alternatives recommended ? Is it a good idea to get this done from outside on a car with driver side airbag ? concern is about opening the steering pad cover and meddling with airbag connector.

Last edited by NPV : 6th December 2021 at 10:44.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 12:36   #293
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
He is considering only the following, so do let me know if they're worth:
1. PVC Designer mats - will it better to go for 3D, etc type mats ? Any recommendation for this ?

2. Mud Flap (I guess this will be a MGP/A ?)

3. Mobile Fast Charger (I guess this will be a MGP/A ?). Any alternatives ?

4. Leather Steering Grip.
1. Mats: They are a person choice. What’s absolutely essential is that they should be tailored for S-Cross. Some Nexa dealers install Baleno mats in S-Cross citing same dimensions but its not true. Happened with me and I went for Coozo 7D mats for S-Cross at an accessories shop for 3k. Remember to get the mat cut beneath the pedals though.

2. Mud flaps: MGA mud flaps are the best. And they don’t require any drilling too.

3. Mobile fast charger: You can go for MGA one or any other good charger from amazon, flipkart. I am using a Belkin micro charger since long and to be honest, I charge my phone using the inbuilt USB port.

4. Leather steering cover: A good accessory shop can install OEM look leather cover for 1-2k depending upon material used, without removing the steering wheel. Others remove the steering but airbag module is not touched at all regardless of the method of installation. I don’t (personally) like the leather covers that are visible at the site of spokes so I am still using my Zeta without any leather cover. The accessory shop in Chandigarh installs OEM cover after removing the steering wheel which I want to avoid. The shops in Delhi install it without remiving the wheel. Check this link. The leather steering cover is properly tucked in at the site of spokes giving a proper OEM finish.

PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 13:16   #294
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks @PaddleShifter.

Now, onto the second part of queries related to other accessories for the S Cross Zeta.
Here is the list shared by the dealer and what my friend is considering buying, need feedback on these as well:

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-scross-accessories.jpg

1. PU Leather Seat cover - the NEXA branded ones go from 7490 to 12990. Are these good, or better to get them done outside ? Any recommendations for Bangalore (have heard the accessories shop Galaxy HSR Layout does a good job) ?

2. Door Moulding set (Chrome) - I'm not a fan of chrome so advised him against this, but he seems to be sold on this

3. Door Visor set

4. Door Sill guard - he wants the one without illumination

5. Extreme Vision Bulb (set of 2)

6. Reverse Parking Camera for Multimedia - I thought Zeta comes with factory fitted reverse camera with infotainment unit integration, so what am I missing ?

7. Rear trunk lid spoiler - this is not his choice, but mine since I feel it enhances the looks of the S Cross

Edit:For Leather steering cover/grip, any recommendations to get it done outside the Car dealership at an accessories shop (Bangalore) ?

Last edited by NPV : 6th December 2021 at 13:20.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 21:06   #295
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1. PU Leather Seat cover - the NEXA branded ones go from 7490 to 12990. Are these good, or better to get them done outside ? Any recommendations for Bangalore (have heard the accessories shop Galaxy HSR Layout does a good job) ?

2. Door Moulding set (Chrome) - I'm not a fan of chrome so advised him against this, but he seems to be sold on this

3. Door Visor set

4. Door Sill guard - he wants the one without illumination

5. Extreme Vision Bulb (set of 2)

6. Reverse Parking Camera for Multimedia - I thought Zeta comes with factory fitted reverse camera with infotainment unit integration, so what am I missing ?

7. Rear trunk lid spoiler - this is not his choice, but mine since I feel it enhances the looks of the S Cross

Edit:For Leather steering cover/grip, any recommendations to get it done outside the Car dealership at an accessories shop (Bangalore) ?
I am from North India and I prefer fabric seat covers because of the harsh summers. I am not the right person for this recommendation. Also, you should seek recommendation from a Bangalore BHPian regarding suitable shop in your area.

I also have MGA door visor and I find it iseful in rains and winters.

I have a set of non illuminated door sills on all four doors.

I am using stock lighting and I am satisfied with it. I dont have any other bulbs or fogs.

Reverse camera is already present.

I am not a fan of extra chrome too but the only MGA chrome I can consider is the side chrome moulding to protect against door dinges from adjacent cars. But as per feedback, they dont always protect so I didnt go for it.
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2021, 23:24   #296
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the S Cross get tinted glasses ? I don't think it's get the UV cut glass like Baleno right ?

Since sun films are banned, wondering if the factory fitted glass has some tint and has anyone got front windshield film installed or feel it is necessary ?
Old 7th December 2021, 11:21   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Does the S Cross get tinted glasses ? I don't think it's get the UV cut glass like Baleno right ?

Since sun films are banned, wondering if the factory fitted glass has some tint and has anyone got front windshield film installed or feel it is necessary ?
Hi,
From my knowledge, Scross doesn't come with UV cut tints. My 2019 model didn't have it too.
I have installed 3M CR70 films on all glasses and all doors have a sun shade too. Mine is the Alpha variant and when parked in open Sun, entire Interior trims would heat up. It wasn't manageable as the Leather seats would heat up and holding the steering was a pain. These films are a massive savior in Mumbai heat.
The dark interiors and sunshade combo masks the film easily in Scross.
DieselAnna is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th December 2021, 18:49   #298
Senior - BHPian

I have experienced two basic quirks in S-Cross 1.5.

1. The washer jet for the rear glass is located on the driver side while the rear wiper starts cleaning from the left to right direction making it impossible to collect water on the wiper blade before it starts sweeping. Such poor design by some engineer.

2. On the auto climate control system (Auto AC), there is a dedicated front and rear defogger switch. Pressing the front defogger makes the air exit from the defog vents BUT:

2.1 The AC temperature doesn’t switch to “Hi”.
2.2 The fan speed doesn’t turn to max.

Both these actions need to be carried out manually for effective defogging. Its the same in case of Brezza as well and I assume it applies to other Maruti Suzuki cars as well.

Engineering fail.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 7th December 2021 at 18:50. Reason: Typo
PaddleShifter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2021, 22:20   #299
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recommendations for VFM mats with good quality and fit for the S Cross from owners? I searched the 3D mats thread and found the prices to be too too high at almost 10k!
Old 10th December 2021, 23:21   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Any recommendations for VFM mats with good quality and fit for the S Cross from owners? I searched the 3D mats thread and found the prices to be too too high at almost 10k!
What you pay is what you get. I thought 10 times before spending 5 times more on th 3D mats, but they are worth the money. Also, pick grey over black. You can see my detailed review in the 3D mats thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
...2. Mud flaps: MGA mud flaps are the best. And they don’t require any drilling too.
Each rear mud flap will require drilling for two screws, but most dealers will only drill one hole (the one where the white background is visible in the picture) to fix it. The mud flaps don't fit flush, but with up to 3mm gap. However, they match well and are functional (with significant reduction in dirt getting splashed on the doors).
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-img_20211210_232920.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 12th December 2021 at 05:11. Reason: Back to back posts merged
UPS_Guru is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks