Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2021, 21:59   #166
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
My opinion about 3D boot mat for S Cross, they are of decent fit, but I noticed two issues:

1. It renders the side small partitions useless. Also those partitions don't allow the mat to sit flush.

2. If you need to lift the boot tray to access spare wheel or tools, handling the 3D mat is a bit cumbersome.

Attachment 2136207

Attachment 2136208

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks I ruled out the 3D mat.

Also the designer mat are of different types. The default one provided my dealer seemed ugly to me. Have asked thim to procure a specific mat.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 23:26   #167
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhpfaninblr View Post
Thanks I ruled out the 3D mat.

Also the designer mat are of different types. The default one provided my dealer seemed ugly to me. Have asked thim to procure a specific mat.
This is the mat we got on delivery day:

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201214_195328.jpg

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20201214_210923.jpg

The only thing I wanted was rubber type mat and not carpet one which I bought for my XL6(it is a pain to maintain).
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2021, 23:54   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Here is the list of accessories I am leaning towards:
Found the following to be a waste of money
dicky mat 3d 1890
Avoid 3D boot mat and opt for the thing I myself went for.

Just visit any car seat cover accessory shop and tell them to cut an art leather seat cover material to the size of the S-Cross boot. It is very practical, very thin and has zero weight. Very easy to fold and keep anywhere in case you are trying to access spare wheel well area. I dont have any photo in my phone right now. Can share a pic tomorrow if you want.
PaddleShifter is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 00:05   #169
BHPian

Quote:
This is the mat we got on delivery day:

Attachment 2136281

Attachment 2136282

The only thing I wanted was rubber type mat and not carpet one which I bought for my XL6(it is a pain to maintain).
Yes, this is the default mat offered to me as well.

Side beading and Rear garnish are in the eyes of the beholder. Problem with side beading and window beading is that they either fall off OR if any one breaks, we have to replace full set.

Hence also considering having their vacuum cleaner instead of side beading
Old 24th March 2021, 01:56   #170
BHPian

Quote:

For more info about type of Maruti workshops
I stand corrected, thank you Shashi.

Quote:
Looking forward to the petrol mill with low end grunt
Congratulations! The car is made for the highways, you will love it.
sinharishi is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2021, 16:08   #171
Senior - BHPian

Update- This is what I have done regarding boot mat. Art leather seat cover material is good enough for my kind of usage.

The spare piece left in the boot is being used as cushion in the floor of most storage spaces.

Cost of entire stuff: Rs400/- so economical too.

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-89b5144b5eb0463ead26f47cae7997ee.jpeg

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 24th March 2021 at 16:10.
PaddleShifter is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 29th March 2021, 18:58   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinharishi View Post

Congratulations! The car is made for the highways, you will love it.
Thanks. The Zeta Manual 1.5 Petrol Nexa Blue S-cross got delivered on Friday. Absolutely loving the low-end torque of the car.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 12:54   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. The Zeta Manual 1.5 Petrol Nexa Blue S-cross got delivered on Friday. Absolutely loving the low-end torque of the car.

Was about to ask about the car and then found your comment. Congratulations once again.

Since this car is on my radar, what has been your experience and how do you find the ride and stability at highway speeds. The scross is a hoot to drive. No doubt but how are you enjoying your new vehicle. Would love to hear. And please post a few pics of the beauty too.

Thanks.
Old 30th March 2021, 18:42   #174
BHPian

Here are some photos

The beauty

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326161657_1.jpg

Nexa Blue - great color

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326161657.jpg

Favorite color on S-cross

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326160405.jpg

The illuminated sill guard looks good when we open the door

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326190752.jpg

JK UX Royale Tyres

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326173743_3.jpg

Rear Garnish of Chrome

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326161657_2.jpg

SHVS Feature - Love this. No need to manually turn off engines in signals

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326173743_2.jpg

Garmin Dashcam

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326173743_1.jpg

Door Sill Guard

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326173743.jpg

Metallic Edge Guard

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210326173742.jpg

Varna Suraksha installed for rat protection
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210328131342_1.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-photo20210328131342.jpg  

Last edited by bhpfaninblr : 30th March 2021 at 18:46.
bhpfaninblr is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 30th March 2021, 22:35   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Nexa Blue - great colour.
Favorite color on S-cross

Attachment 2138827

No doubt this colour looks the best. Even I admired this one. And the best part is that in this colour the chrome bits, headlights and grill look distinct and really stand apart. Considering the real estate this car offers it is indeed great VFM at this price point. Loved the illumination of the sill guards. Ticked that on my wish list too.

Would love to hear your experience with this one.
Thanks and congratulations once again.
knrn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 21:33   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knrn View Post
No doubt this colour looks the best. Even I admired this one. And the best part is that in this colour the chrome bits, headlights and grill look distinct and really stand apart. Considering the real estate this car offers it is indeed great VFM at this price point. Loved the illumination of the sill guards. Ticked that on my wish list too.

Would love to hear your experience with this one.
Thanks and congratulations once again.
The car is great to drive. Engine is sprightly and has a low end torque that is diesel like. There is sufficient power and feels powerful as well. Planning a long drive in the next couple of weeks in the ghats.

Overall been very impressed with the car
bhpfaninblr is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th April 2021, 10:20   #177

Hello BHPians,

I had been looking for a practical, safe, VFM car for last one year which got fulfilled recently so thought of penning down my experience.

I booked a Nexon XZ+ facelift last year during lockdown but had to cancel it due to delays. Dealer offered me a 3 months old white Nexon as it had arrived in stock before lockdown but I decided to skip it as the car had been kept in open stockyard. Meanwhile, due to Covid scenario, I switched job locations and moved closer to my hometown. So the Nexon booking ended up getting cancelled.

After waiting for 6 months for conditions to stabilize, I booked an EcoSport in February mainly due to recent cost cuts and ESP getting added to Titanium variant. I was very happy with the deal but that too got cancelled due to false commitments by dealer regarding delivery timelines, refusal to give booking ID etc.

I was so smitten by EcoSport build and dynamics that I tried booking it again in my hometown. We had purchased one aspire and Ecosport from this dealer in my extended family. So, he was truthful with us that he had only been allotted 3 EcoSport against demand of 55 vehicles. Hearing this , I lost my hope in getting EcoSport as I was looking to get the vehicle within max 2 months.

Meanwhile, someone in my vicinity purchased S Cross and it looked good (to us) in Nexa Blue colour. Started reading up about this car in Team BHP reviews and watched some youtube videos. My main concern was build quality as Maruti has been infamous for it but found mostly positive reviews due to the platform developed by Suzuki-Fiat collaboration. Then, I contacted nearby Nexa showroom and they promptly arranged for a TD. The car fit most of our requirements and I was okay with powertrain as well because I don't generally drive my car above 100 even on highways. Driving dynamics were good and it had all practical features. The best thing was they had ready stock for white and blue S cross. I requested a stockyard visit which they refused initially but got ready later after talking to top management. The RM visited my home to take me to the stockyard in TD vehicle of S cross which and I enjoyed driving the vehicle all 44 KMs to stockyard and back.

In stockyard we did PDI of a 15 days old manufactured vehicle and finalized it on the spot after paying booking amount. Since, there was no loans involved, all processes were sped up and after 3 days the car was delivered with the HSRP number plates and 20 Kms on odometer.
Delivery experience was nothing special and everything was delivered with proper invoice. Took her to 3M for waxing the next day as the washing done by Nexa showroom didn't seem adequate. Managed to drive 150 Kms till now before my state imposed lockdown so didn't capture enough pictures. This is technically my first car as it has my name on RC and I am just in love with my blue Pegasus
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20210415_143959.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20210417_125259.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20210417_130653.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review-20210417_201516.jpg  

Centodieci is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 18th May 2021, 14:22   #178

Curiously, Scross is featured again in Maruti’s website for cars based on heartect platform

https://www.marutisuzuki.com/corpora...ology/heartect

There was a discussion happening in latest video of Mr. Gagan Modi (youtube channel - MyCarHelpline) where he mentioned that he has personally enquired and got confirmation from Maruti’s top management about Scross based on heartect and not global c.

As an owner now, this news worries me.
Centodieci is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 17:54   #179

I think its too early for a comprehensive review about my recently purchased Scross Automatic in May 2021. However, I will share my knowledge and experience so far for the people who are still speculating. I wanted to try an automatic transmission just for a change and so that I could encourage my lady love to drive if I am away on tour.

Firstly, this car was never on my Wishlist with the likes of Sonet and other compact SUV in the market. I started off surveying the big players like harrier and creta and then narrowed it down to Sonet, Venue, ecosport and Nexon considering i was tight on budget and didn't want to shell out 15 lakhs for a car at this stage. Didn't test drive any vehicle to be frank.

Sat in the Venue while vacationing in Bangalore in Dec 2020 and immediately my wife felt that she is all cramped up in the rear. She is fairly tall so Venue was struck off the list since the lady has to approve. So there was no point discussing Hyundai reliability and support network when she isn't seated comfortable.

Nexon just didn't win me over with its toy'ish' looks so i wont comment much about its drivability and other aspects since none of us liked the way it looked. I know the build quality is supreme but AMT as the only option in automatic also was a turnoff.

Ecosport was my favourite in the list with its six speed torque convertor unit, excellent build quality and driving dynamics. All reviews were positive. However, the dealership experience wasn't good and the wait time for an Automatic variant was 75 days which I wanted to avoid.

Someone suggested Scross and I found the car to have an automatic variant. So this was the car I had the chance to look up closely since my neighbour had one (manual). The car is very spacious unlike what it looks from outside. There is ample leg space in the rear compared to Sonet and Venue and the front grill won my heart.

I knew the 4 speed torque convertor wont be the best of transmission nits out there but i risked it and decided to book one for the fairly decent price and the package that came along at that price tag.

Have driven just 600 kms and that too mostly in the city. A few things I noticed and experienced is:

1. The drivability in city is excellent and the gear box is perfectly tuned for city driving.

2. Power is adequate when u need it and there i negligible lag during push down.

3. Steering feedback is decent and the driver's view is good.

4. Cabin is airy and very premium quality materials.

5. Touchscreen infotainment is nice and big and has android auto and apple car play.

6. Rear AC vent is missing

For a car that cost me 11 lakhs on road, I am satisfied with what I got. The cheapest automatic variant of creta costs 4 lakhs more.

I am driving down from Vadodara to Kerala next week and the experience on highway will be posted after that. In short, for someone looking for a bigger new car (mine was wagon R) for a decent price, Scross perfectly fits the bill.

The automatic transmission is too good for city and one will enjoy the relaxed driving with the left leg on the dead pedal and lesser gear shifts. Someone mentioned to me that I am not a driving enthusiast since i didnt buy a manual transmission. Its true, at my age, I like to take it easy. For those who like to rev a lot, go for the manual. Its cheaper also!!

Compared to Brezza, this car feels and rides better and there is no doubt that Scross is the best in Nexa brand. Wait for the Highway drive experience review.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 12th June 2021 at 21:14. Reason: Clubbing sentences to paragraphs for better readability. Please capitalise wherever necessary. Thanks.
nkkaimal79 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 12th June 2021, 21:01   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkkaimal79 View Post
The car is very spacious unlike what it looks from outside. The automatic transmission is too good for city and one will enjoy the relaxed driving with the left leg on the dead pedal and lesser gear shifts. In short, for someone looking for a bigger new car (mine was wagon R) for a decent price, Scross perfectly fits the bill. For a car that cost me 11 lakhs on road, I am satisfied with what I got. The cheapest automatic variant of creta costs 4 lakhs more.
Indeed the SCross is one nice package at around the 10L bracket - spacious, well-built, good interiors, decent power, good ride etc.
BTW, what variant is your SCross ? Alpha ?

If only the SHVS was given as an option (& not compulsorily bundled in), the price would have been down by a lakh odd, making it a real value proposition.
I love the SCross, but hate that SHVS thing being forced on me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkkaimal79 View Post
Someone mentioned to me that I am not a driving enthusiast since i didnt buy a manual transmission.
If that were the definition of an driving enthusiast, most folks in USA won't qualify. One can enjoy driving, be it manual or automatic.
We have an AStar automatic with a puny 1litre engine, but I have had fun ripping the car.

Last edited by supremeBaleno : 12th June 2021 at 21:02.
supremeBaleno is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks