Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2021, 12:43   #271

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.5L Petrol : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPS_Guru View Post
Strange. From booking to vehicle in stockyard, it took only 3 weeks in Bengaluru. This is for a S-Cross Zeta AT.
For what it's worth, my booking was also for S-Cross Zeta AT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asmr View Post
Finally, 'a' decision was taken. Well, good luck to you on the next search. And good luck to me too, to duke it out with the dealership on my booking which is supposedly due in 10 days.
Thanks, feeling a bit relieved now although I have nothing to show for a 9-week wait. From the experience of @UPS_Guru, looks like there's a chance you may fare better than I. Good luck to you.
esc2break is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 13:42   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esc2break View Post
For what it's worth, my booking was also for S-Cross Zeta AT.

Thanks, feeling a bit relieved now although I have nothing to show for a 9-week wait. From the experience of @UPS_Guru, looks like there's a chance you may fare better than I. Good luck to you.
Oh well. I was supposed to get an update from the dealer last Monday. Just the update itself is now slipped to today evening. Not sure what that update will be.

I am of three minds. If delivery is going to slip, should I just let it be and get the car whenever it is delivered? Or should I put it in suspension and get a 2022 manufactured one?

Last option is that I could just junk the entire process for now and go with getting a good motorcycle (I currently have an Activa which is exquisitely unsuited for traveling 40kms in a day for me) and restart the car buying process like 8 months later, with the hope that the situation might be a bit better then.

Never thought this simple act of getting a car would be so... complicated.
Old 15th November 2021, 18:10   #273
BHPian

Hi Guys,
I am thinking of getting the 2021 S cross zeta automatic for my father. It would be great help if someone can answer my list of questions -
1. How it the 4 speed autobox to drive ? Is it lethargic ?
2. Real life fuel economy for the automatic.
3. Any discount going on ?
4. How much is Alpha worth over Zeta ?
Thanks in advance.
Old 15th November 2021, 19:01   #274
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SShandilya View Post
Hi Guys,
I am thinking of getting the 2021 S cross zeta automatic for my father. It would be great help if someone can answer my list of questions -
Thanks in advance.
My 2 cents.

- it is lethargic but if you know how to drive ATs it is manageable. It certainly doesn’t offer the driving pleasure of the newer 6+ speed units, but I have had no issues overtaking and getting out of tight spots/sticky situations. The engine is responsive enough.

14-16 kmpl for 80% highway driving.

No idea

Not what Maruti is charging. LED DRLs, leather interior and auto leveling headlamps are not worth the 1.5L premium IMHO.
Mustang Sammy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 19:10   #275
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Sammy View Post
My 2 cents.

- it is lethargic but if you know how to drive ATs it is manageable. It certainly doesn’t offer the driving pleasure of the newer 6+ speed units, but I have had no issues overtaking and getting out of tight spots/sticky situations. The engine is responsive enough.

14-16 kmpl for 80% highway driving.

No idea

Not what Maruti is charging. LED DRLs, leather interior and auto leveling headlamps are not worth the 1.5L premium IMHO.
Thanks bud for the reply.

The car will be driven at max 4 times a week and will be used only for city drives and both my fathers driving style and mine are we drive fast but not rash so how is the cruising capability of the autobox ? We don’t smash the pedal but we accelerate in a linear manner. So for the city could that translate to lower average ?
Old 15th November 2021, 20:21   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bud for the reply.

The car will be driven at max 4 times a week and will be used only for city drives and both my fathers driving style and mine are we drive fast but not rash so how is the cruising capability of the autobox ? We don’t smash the pedal but we accelerate in a linear manner. So for the city could that translate to lower average ?
The car can easily cruise at 100-120kmph.

In city traffic I estimate 4-6 kmpl lower mileage. Of course that depends on whether the city is Nagpur or Bangalore
Mustang Sammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 08:38   #277
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If you are residing in New Delhi, consider a fuel economy of 10-12kmpl in 100% city conditions with moderate traffic and AC running. This is what even 1200cc cars such as i10 offer.

Your driving pattern is 100% city use and 4 times per week running so a BS6 diesel is not recommended anyway (owing to DPF issues reported after such usage).

I have no experience of driving the S-Cross AT so cant comment on its drivability in city traffic.
Old 16th November 2021, 08:45   #278
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
If you are residing in New Delhi, consider a fuel economy of 10-12kmpl in 100% city conditions with moderate traffic and AC running. This is what even 1200cc cars such as i10 offer.

Your driving pattern is 100% city use and 4 times per week running so a BS6 diesel is not recommended anyway (owing to DPF issues reported after such usage).

I have no experience of driving the S-Cross AT so cant comment on its drivability in city traffic.
I do reside in Delhi. Our garage for past few years have been dominated by diesels but now with my father’s running reducing and the DPF issues we don’t see diesel a viable option for us. However it’s really hard to swallow the kind of fuel average petrol motor gives but I guess thats because we were spoilt by our diesels !
Old 16th November 2021, 09:21   #279
KPR
BANNED

Quote:
However it’s really hard to swallow the kind of fuel average petrol motor gives but I guess thats because we were spoilt by our diesels !
Yes that's one of the reason I had refrained from selling off my diesel MJD to S Cross petrol which otherwise a good package. There's nothing wrong in trying out manual diesel of Aura or Venue as a two year stop gap measure and look for new SCross if it comes in diesel.
KPR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 13:38   #280

Quote:
Oh well. I was supposed to get an update from the dealer last Monday. Just the update itself is now slipped to today evening. Not sure what that update will be.

I am of three minds. If delivery is going to slip, should I just let it be and get the car whenever it is delivered? Or should I put it in suspension and get a 2022 manufactured one?

Last option is that I could just junk the entire process for now and go with getting a good motorcycle (I currently have an Activa which is exquisitely unsuited for traveling 40kms in a day for me) and restart the car buying process like 8 months later, with the hope that the situation might be a bit better then.
Hopefully you got good news from the dealer. My 2 paise worth on your dilemma... I personally can't take daily commute of 40 km/day in a two-wheeler. Hence, if I were in your shoes I would just hold my breath until the darned delivery happens.

Quote:
Thanks in advance.
I thought Alpha is not worth the premium over Zeta - however there are current S-Cross owners who have opined otherwise. There is a whole thread (Maruti S-Cross AT | Should I buy the Alpha or Zeta variant?) that you can check-out.
Old 16th November 2021, 14:00   #281
BHPian

Quote:
Hopefully you got good news from the dealer. My 2 paise worth on your dilemma... I personally can't take daily commute of 40 km/day in a two-wheeler. Hence, if I were in your shoes I would just hold my breath until the darned delivery happens.
Unfortunately, no. Nothing at all, actually. The response was "Sir, it will be delivered by 20th surely" about a week back.

Now, it is "Sir, we will try to get it to you by November end".

This is about as clueless they can be, I think.
asmr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th November 2021, 14:20   #282

Quote:
Unfortunately, no. Nothing at all, actually. The response was "Sir, it will be delivered by 20th surely" about a week back.

Now, it is "Sir, we will try to get it to you by November end".

This is about as clueless they can be, I think.
Ouch. That sounds similar to the "dialogue" I got from my dealer. Guess we don't have the same luck as @UPS_Guru. May be being in Bengaluru helps??

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelBallack View Post
Hello guys,
Booked Zeta variant today for 11.05 lakhs on road.
@MichaelBallack, believe you booked first week of October. Did you get your delivery?
Old 16th November 2021, 14:51   #283
BHPian

Quote:
Ouch. That sounds similar to the "dialogue" I got from my dealer. Guess we don't have the same luck as @UPS_Guru. May be being in Bengaluru helps??

@MichaelBallack, believe you booked first week of October. Did you get your delivery?
Interestingly between the previous response and this, I had a call from the dealer's CRM team asking if I have been getting regular updates!

So I asked them what update should I be getting except when the vehicle is coming in. They said they will surely keep me updated as soon as the vehicle is dispatched. This got me laughing and I told them that was not the update I was looking for and they simply need to get me the vehicle as committed.

Pretty much clear that it is not happening.
Old 21st November 2021, 12:10   #284

Bought the Zeta AT this May.

For the utility you are looking for, the AT gear will easily serve the purpose. 6 speed AT would have been ideal but u will have to wait for it.

City driveability of AT is very good and not bad on highways either. I drove from vadodara to bangalore and back. No problems experienced. Got a mileage of 17 kmpl. The gear box is smooth and linear .

No regrets so far except a few things are missing like 6 speed AT offered by other car makers , rear vent and dual USB.

Otherwise it's a VFM car with loads of space and comfort.

Dont go for Alfa variant unless u are really keen on leather seats and LED DRLs.
nkkaimal79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2021, 15:45   #285
BHPian

Just saw the pics and videos of 2022 S-Cross.

Not helping at all in my situation!

The car which I have booked and yet not received will be a "perceived obsolete" version in another 6 months or so. Oh, did I mention the dealer sent out a delay notice with additional 4 weeks waiting period with no commit on timelines?

And with offices opening up, I really need 'a' car at this point.

Back to square one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks