Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 12:25   #4171

Re: Mahindra Thar : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by asingh1977 View Post
Saw a white Thar today in the wild. It looks out of place, way too white and nothing to break the lines. Weird.
Singh bhai. Colour and quality of the plastics, grills and lights around are not at the level of Jeep. I am sure with modifications, it will look decent. I checked my vehicle in the dealer yard. White paint quality and colour looks satisfactory.

Mahindra Thar : Official Review-img20230311wa0011.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 14th March 2023 at 05:36. Reason: Edited for better readability.
jumper_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 12:43   #4172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udy View Post
And the Blazing Bronze color too has been launched in 4x4.
It has indeed been introduced, but this image is misleading. It doesn't have the 4x4 badging, so its a 4x2 in the pic.
Old 13th March 2023, 13:55   #4173
udy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torque_Curve View Post
It has indeed been introduced, but this image is misleading. It doesn't have the 4x4 badging, so its a 4x2 in the pic.
This was sent to me by a dealer here. Guess Mahindra are yet to send them official pictures. The 2 new colors are not available to book online yet by the way.
Old 13th March 2023, 14:18   #4174
BHPian

Quote:
This was sent to me by a dealer here. Guess Mahindra are yet to send them official pictures. The 2 new colors are not available to book online yet by the way.
I just spoke to my dealer and he confirmed that bookings at dealerships for the new colours have begun today. I guess other dealers should receive this update by tonight.
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 16:29   #4175
udy
BHPian

Quote:
I just spoke to my dealer and he confirmed that bookings at dealerships for the new colours have begun today. I guess other dealers should receive this update by tonight.
Meant to say it can only be booked at a dealer, but not able to book online on the website as of now as these 2 colors don't show up.

The above image I posted was sent to me by my dealer mentioning these 2 colors were open for booking with them.
Old 13th March 2023, 21:40   #4176
BHPian

Quote:
You'll see 4x4 badge only at right profile of Thar. You can refer to original review thread for pictures. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4909265 (Mahindra Thar : Official Review)
snallagatla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:45   #4177
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
You'll see 4x4 badge only at right profile of Thar. You can refer to original review thread for pictures. https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4909265 (Mahindra Thar : Official Review)
I stand corrected. What you have mentioned is right.
Torque_Curve is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 21:45   #4178
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Quote:
Originally Posted by snallagatla View Post
Yes. Thar gets the 4x4 badge only on the right side rear flank. As can be seen in this photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-4a0dc033ffc449409388f99f447154f7.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 22:50   #4179
udy
BHPian

Quote:
I stand corrected. What you have mentioned is right.
But you are right in a way as it is indeed the RWD model that is pictured. The 4x4 version will have the engine badging ( MStallion or MHawk) on the left profile which is missing in the model pictured.
Old 17th March 2023, 10:47   #4180
udy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indian21r View Post
The Flying Bonnet.
For now I will indefinitely postpone the delivery of my Thar.

This video clearly explains the possibility of why bonnet is flying.

• Bonnet has been opened from Inside. No visible changes near the bonnet.
  • There is no secondary release like in all the cars. The external latches are the holding the bonnet in place when it is unlocked. Externally it looks like the bonnet is locked
  • When one touches speeds > 80kmph, the bonnet starts lifting and the latches fail
  • Voila you have the flying bonnet
Now this is a recipe for disaster as people won't even realize the car bonnet has been opened from the inside.

Now I feel in all these cases, the one closing the boot would not even realize that the boot did not lock properly. There is no tampering per se. It is a serious design flaw that needs to be addressed.
Not sure if this has been addressed before, but the newer Thars seems to have a sensor installed for the Bonnet Open warning. Speaking about this from experience as my local car wash guy had pulled the bonnet open lever, but did not open the latches or open the bonnet as I told him not to pressure wash the engine compartment.

When I started the car after the wash, the door open warning was flashing and I had not known the guy had pulled the lever. So double checked all the doors including the bonnet and everything seemed to be properly locked/latched but the warning did not stop. So just as a precaution, pulled the bonnet lever again, opened and closed the bonnet and the warning stopped. Want to mention here that when I manually checked initially, the bonnet seemed to be tightly latched.

So if this has not already been spoken before, I guess this is another silently added feature onto the Thar.

(Wrote this as I did not find this being addressed earlier and was a known niggle in the first batch of the new Thars before the latch mechanism was fixed).
udy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 11:05   #4181
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Not sure if this has been addressed before, but the newer Thars seems to have a sensor installed for the Bonnet Open warning.

This is a very interesting development.

The reason for the absence of a theft alarm in the Thar was that it didn't come with a bonnet-open sensor. Now that it's present in your vehicle, can you lock the vehicle with your remote and open the door with the flip key - see if the alarm sounds?

Last edited by Aditya : 17th March 2023 at 20:06. Reason: Typo
ph03n!x is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 15:03   #4182
udy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This is a very interesting developement.

The reason for the absence of a theft alarm in the Thar was that it didn't come with a bonnet-open sensor. Now that it's present in your vehicle, can you lock the vehicle with your remote, and open the door with the flip key - see if the alarm sounds?
Tried this but unfortunately the alarm does not sound. I will later try to lock the Thar using the remote and open the door manually from inside to see if alarm not sounding issue has been addressed.
udy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 16:54   #4183
BHPian

Quote:
So if this has not already been spoken before, I guess this is another silently added feature onto the Thar.

(Wrote this as I did not find this being addressed earlier and was a known niggle in the first batch of the new Thars before the latch mechanism was fixed).
Oh nice to see it added. Mine is 2021 May Batch Thar. I have done close to 24000kms but the bonnet issue never croppped up. One time the side latches were unlatched. But luckily bonnet did not fly

From then I tend to keep an eye on the latches. People seems to play with them.
indian21r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 22:24   #4184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph03n!x View Post
This is a very interesting development.

The reason for the absence of a theft alarm in the Thar was that it didn't come with a bonnet-open sensor. Now that it's present in your vehicle, can you lock the vehicle with your remote and open the door with the flip key - see if the alarm sounds?
Mine is Feb 2022 Thar and it has bonnet open alarm, when the bonnet latch is pulled the parking lights turn on and when the Thar is driven then the chime comes up. I have also opened the car with second key but no alarm sound.
yadavsid21 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th March 2023, 07:02   #4185
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I was driving back late last night after an office function at a mid town deluxe hotel, in the darkness and the rain, one simply cannot see the potholes and pitfalls and other obstacles amidst the sheets of water and muck and mad indisciplined perpetually hurried traffic on the poorly drained badly maintained and ill lit roads of Bangalore.

I had elected to take my Thar to work yesterday abd thankfully I did that because, there is NOTHING quite like my Thar to give me that feeling of supremely elevated confidence and invincibility in these typically challenging Indian conditions.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra Thar : Official Review-64a0776a62c64bebbae2eb0d963ee434.jpeg  

Last edited by shankar.balan : 18th March 2023 at 07:04.
shankar.balan is offline   (8) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks