Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 19:29   #46
BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite Review

I am not very impressed. Looks like a low quality offering. It better be priced something special... but I would never consider a car with this kind of build and interior quality.
chieftain is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 19:49   #47
BHPian

Here is a video review/Walkaround by Faisal Khan
Aafaq is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 19:52   #48
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCi'd View Post
That was fast! Looks loaded to the brim with features. And WIRELESS Auto and CarPlay? That's a segment first!!! Hopefully they market this product properly and maybe this could be the product that turns the tide for Nissan in India.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-sonet-38.html (A Close Look : Kia Sonet)
It has been confirmed in this Kia-Sonet thread that it does have wireless Android-Auto and Carplay projection features. So not really a segment-first I guess. But has a good feature list. May be the 360 degree camera is a segment first feature. Seltos has it, but not sure if Sonet does.
Old 21st October 2020, 20:31   #49
BHPian

This is Nissan's desperate attempt to stay afloat in India. Going by the images, chances look slim.

Decent Exteriors but the interiors are a big NO. IMHO,Lacks the head turning or attention grabing elements in the already overcrowded segment.

Expecting the model to be substantially undercut it's rivals.
Old 21st October 2020, 20:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napalm View Post
May be the 360 degree camera is a segment first feature. Seltos has it, but not sure if Sonet does.
Yes, 360 degree surround view monitor is segment first feature. Kicks and Seltos have this feature but they are in the north of 15 lakh on road bracket.
Deadpool is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 21:08   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

I liked how it looked outside, let alone for the skinny short tyre profile they have offered.

The interior somehow gave me a Brezza feel to it. Bland, uninspiring and boring!

I hope they price it sensibly.
Old 21st October 2020, 21:21   #52
BHPian

For the price they are going to launch, it is exceptional VFM product.
Yes interior looks bland, but there is nothing like it cannot be jazzed up with aftermarket accessories.

Coming to build quality, my point is even crash worthiness of Venue and Sonet is not proved yet.
So it might not be built solidly but neither does Venue or Sonet feels solid unless proven.

For the price and for the features it offers Magnite makes a great city car, definitely not for the highway drives.

I as a previous Nissan customer, definitely want to give Nissan a second chance.
RaceHorse is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 21:35   #53
BHPian

More first impression reviews.

Deadpool is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 22:37   #54
BHPian

The number of times they mention technology-this technology-that in the press release! And the MD's message seemed to directly respond to my post earlier in September on the first Magnite thread
Quote:
"... It is the ideal aspirational upgrade for hatchback customers in India who are weighing their options and looking to own a world-class SUV, from a globally renowned brand that has a strong SUV heritage,” said Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India.
And my earlier post from here: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post4893325 (The Nissan Magnite subcompact SUV)
Quote:
I feel that having some aspirational brand value here in India can help Nissan ... the general populace doesn't even know/care about that kind of automotive pedigree. BUT, imagine a 370Z, X-Trail or Patrol in every major dealership can easily get them more footfalls! A Micra buyer might look up and aspire to buy say a Qashqai later in his life.
hortons15 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 22:38   #55
BHPian

Why the heck do they keep skipping India's most loved feature? The sunroof!.

It has now almost reached a stage where a sunroof is taken for granted on new launches, just like a touchscreen infotainment.

They missed it on the Kicks and now again .
Nalin1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 00:31   #56
Senior - BHPian

What a great looking car. Finally a proper effort from Nissan. I really hope this does for Nissan what Duster did for renault.

However, its a super crowded segment. So pricing is going to be the key along with good A.S.S. A sub10L turbo petrol cvt would be awesome. Never the less, full marks to the design team for churning out a proportionate looking sub4m Crossover. Has sufficient features for the segment and best of all what I like is the CVT(usually smooth, reliable and frugal compared to AMTs/DCTs) mated to a 100PS turbo petrol. This is what I was looking for around 1.5 years ago. But alas

Sunroof ofcourse would be missed in our market where honestly I fail to understand the need but then people want what they want

Source:Powerdrift

Last edited by SoumenD : 22nd October 2020 at 00:56.
SoumenD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 01:21   #57
BHPian

Any news about pricing I feel the manual NA petrol should be priced 5.99 Lakhs Ex-showroom and top end Turbo CVT at 9.99 Lakhs. Any thoughts ?
Godzilla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 01:47   #58
BHPian

The new Nissan Almera in Malaysia comes with the 1.0 litre turbo petrol engine which produces 100PS and 152NM of torque.

Found these two first ride videos (English) of the car paired with the CVT gearbox.

ATRONIX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 07:23   #59
BHPian

Am I missing something? For the price bracket the car is supposed to be in, both interiors and exteriors look smashing and it is so feature loaded that many cars a few lakhs above is rumoured price range don't have these.

All in all a good effort from Nissan, now their anaemic sales outlets need to deliver
Stribog is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2020, 07:27   #60
Senior - BHPian

Looks like Nissan is going to price Magnite very aggressively. Why?? Two things - it is based on the same architecture as the Triber and the interior, even though well equipped, looks low rent.

But what I am not sure is the premium they are going to charge for that Turbo CVT. That's the highlight - the main USP in a segment flooded with lame petrol engines and AMT transmissions.

But Nissan shouldn't get carried away do what Renault did with the re-refreshed Duster. On that one, all variants are priced well except for the Turbo CVT.

Everyone here is on the Hyundai/ Kia bandwagon and it looks like nothing can stop them - even severe reliability/ safety issues are being brushed off.

I have said this before. In this country, certain brands and vehicles can get away with anything. So, Nissan will have to offer quite a lot MORE while charging quite a lot LESS.

It still won't be enough to make any dent on the Korean cousins et al but they can bring very respectable volumes each month and build on that if they play this card well.
deetjohn is offline   (17) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks