Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2020, 15:55   #31
BHPian

re: Nissan Magnite Review

Comparing of the features needs be done keeping in mind of the product Price.
SunRoof or 6 Air Bags may not be customer's choice of certain segment of people.
I have seen a 12L cars in this segments does not provide the Rear Wiper or some others Basic feature but has SunRoof.

May be we can think what is the good thing in these car provide at what price point.

Last edited by arin_12 : 21st October 2020 at 15:57.
arin_12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 16:24   #32
BHPian

Wow! The website looks slick. Well done NISSAN.

https://www.nissan.in/vehicles/new/m...MSAnnouncement

The tech pack comes with JBL speakers

Full brochure here
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 20102572_Nissan-Magnite_Mobile-Brochure.pdf (8.06 MB, 1456 views)
Godzilla is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:01   #33
BHPian

Great effort by Nissan even though I might be nit-picking here but the interiors do not have that wow factor.

From the odd placement of the start-stop button to the large borders around the infotainment system and the overall look does not provide that feeling of premiumness which is associated with products like Sonet in which the quality is comparable to a segment above.

Nissan Magnite Review-1.jpg

So, even though as an overall product its good but at the same time the cost-cutting is evident from the sheet metal thickness, lack of extra airbags and the interior plastics and other bits

But at the price they are targeting its going to be one of the best offerings.

Last edited by sv97 : 21st October 2020 at 17:09.
sv97 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:13   #34
BHPian

Seems Nissan is leaving no stone unturned with this do or die product. Nissan Next strategy - is it the silver lining of brand Nissan in India? Time will tell.

Pros -

1. This will be in top 3 in terms of exterior looks amongst the C-SUVs available in market today.

2. 360 deg camera under 10 lakh car.

3. Turbo+CVT combination at the price point(rumored top end will go 7.5 lakh ex-showrrom).

4. 7 inch funky MID. Essence of famous Japanese animation?

5. Wireless apple car play and android auto.

6. Interior looks ergonomically sorted unlike Kicks.

7. ABS, EBD, TC, VDC, Hill Start Assist.

8. 205 mm GC.

9. Rear space seems to have adequate legroom and head room.

Cons -

1. 2 Air bags only. I was expecting Nissan will give at least 4 in top end trim.

2. 195 profile rubber will look bit thin with muscular body. Nissan could have given at least 205.

3. Build quality is a concern also panel gaps are prominent in few pictures.
Deadpool is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:22   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

The exteriors of the Magnite are certainly impressive, but the interior somehow did not turn out as great as expected. The interior looks quite plasticky and lacks finesse. The infotainment system and MID also looks toylike and gimmicky. I hope that they do improve on these areas by the time they start delivering. The engine and CVT combo should be interesting and good value. The car looks to be built to a cost and they must be targeting a sub 9 lacs price for the highest variant with CVT gearbox. I expect it to start from 6 lacs and go till 9 lacs.
The car does look to offer a lot of space and should be quite spacious in the rear legroom.

Last edited by Behemoth : 21st October 2020 at 17:23.
Behemoth is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:27   #36
BHPian

Such a striking looking car. This has to be launched at an attractive price like the Triber to be successful.

They should have given some funky color treatments to the interior to avoid the claustrophobic feel of all black interiors. Similar to what we get in Tiago ?

Few things like white roof and ORVM, aircraft like switches, WIRELESS charging & Carplay, 60:40 split seat etc has left an instant impression on me.

And yes, that chunky steering unit is love at first sight.

Last edited by kamilharis : 21st October 2020 at 17:28.
kamilharis is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:32   #37
BHPian

The design looks more balanced and dare I say polished than some of the quirky sub 4m CSUVs we have on the roads. Whether this makes it more crossover'ish' rather than SUV'ish' can be determined in the real flesh only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sv97 View Post
So, even though as an overall product its good but at the same time the cost-cutting is evident from the sheet metal thickness, lack of extra airbags and [b]the interior plastics and other bits
I agree to your viewpoint of cost cutting, which is their strategy behind Kicks as well. For its sheet metal quality, couple of video reviews observe the heft while closing the bonnet of car, and the door closure thuds sound assuring.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla View Post
Looks really promising. They have fixed many things from the Kicks such as dead pedal, proper steering mounted controls, led lamps, modern looking digital console, 40:60 split seats, cup holders, automatic gearbox. .
The dead pedal picture is from the CVT trim. Does the manual transmission trim also have a deal pedal?

And How did you miss the key Godzilla? Our key fob is so spartan! Atleast in their top trim (and hoping for lower trims too), its way better than Kicks

Pic Source : Youtube reviews
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-nissan.jpg  

Diesel_Drives is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 17:48   #38
BHPian

So the media unveil happened a long time ago with embargoes in place. Nice. A TBHP first look is always more assuring than the others out there. It is interesting they call it a BSUV and not a CSUV in the official release. Let me know what I'm missing. Coming to the car, it looks decent and I always liked Nissans feature selection and distribution. Best thing? It comes in Black! But like one of the reviewers said, there is no USP in this car since its driveability is unknown. Price is the only trick they have and IMO it will be priced on par with B segment hatches a la Ignis. Whats needed to be seen is how it stacks up against Tata HBX and the Renault Kiger. It seems decent but is it enough? Both these rivals wont be far behind but going by history Tata most surely wont launch the turbo petrol or automatic on launch. Also I'm not sure if the Kiger would be equipped with an AMT or CVT, and even if that will be available on launch, as this engine is yet to make its way into the Triber which as of now comes with an AMT. Its also interesting to note that other manufacturers are yet to announce a rival in this segment. Anyway it would be interesting to see how the market reacts to these BSUVs. However i have a few queries for the mods who saw this car.

- The armrest shape was funny with the wider section towards the passenger. Was the armrest useful for the driver?

- Any idea on which platform this car is based the CMF-A or Nissan V on which the Datsun cross was supposed to be based?

- Any idea on the safety aspect? Considering other Datsuns were horrible on that front.

Thanks.

Last edited by 400notout : 21st October 2020 at 17:56. Reason: added line
Old 21st October 2020, 17:52   #39
BANNED

[quote=400notout;4913684
- Any idea on which platform this car is based the CMF-A or Nissan V on which the Datsun cross was supposed to be based?

- Any idea on the safety aspect? Considering other Datsuns were horrible on that front.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

This is based on the same platform that the Renault Triber is based on, so expect the safety to be similar as well.
turbo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 18:29   #40
BHPian

Interior shots from the website and color options. Nissan has nailed the exterior, looks absolutely gorgeous
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-ff4f958459ab4d4f8088cd46435bd708.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-38ff601c0f8e4beab4d4845b9d3ab810.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-f84c6cca829a4fb79d1c4307e8cb0080.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-189701908be74882bb2946f4c91f32b0.png  

Nissan Magnite Review-b2c71f25a5c84fc994c2d4997926c3f5.jpeg  

Nissan Magnite Review-458e536baa26415d891d8c02c00c718c.jpeg  

Nissan Magnite Review-56690a49eadc4feb8599c6ffd6654d00.jpeg  

Nissan Magnite Review-9038ccdf23ab4aada72ec588d3b809b0.jpeg  

Nissan Magnite Review-7e1617742ecd4184a9f88aa3c1b0b691.jpeg  

Nissan Magnite Review-0f70e601e111423385363f1dc64f13a9.jpeg  

Nissan Magnite Review-3100e95cb8924fc9b52aa66e624d0d7e.jpeg  

Nissan Magnite Review-461184cbe9f94e03973b4aa796fc432b.jpeg  

Godzilla is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 19:09   #41
BHPian

Magnite looks good from almost all the angle but that's the end of the story.
•Interiors quality looks bad atleast in pictures Beige treatment would have been better.
•Nissan's aftersales and service is a mess in India.
•Then there are its rivals. Venue and Sonet base models are priced at 6.7lac ex showroom and Nexon at 6.99lac ex showroom so Magnite has to be priced at a very affordable price which should be on par with the likes of premium hatchbacks. •Nissan should focus more on the base variants and should provide maximum features in its base and mid variants so that customers are attracted towards the product.
Sahilrai166 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 19:11   #42
BHPian

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel that it looks somewhat like last gen Creta, which is a good thing actually
MaanSingh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 19:15   #43
BHPian

The pricing will make or break this car.

If they can go the Tata or recently Rapid's approach of pricing reasonably, they have good chances to fight.

The rapid for example offers great build and a powerful engine ~9 lakh on road for the base model. I dont see much reasons so far to price this car higher than a rapid base vs base model looking at the material they have used and the build generally.

Around 8lakh on road for base manual variant should be an attractive proposition.
Arjun Bharadwaj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 19:21   #44
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Nissan will hit it out of the park at rumored prices of 7.5L. That should translate to around 8.5-8.75L OTR in Pune.

For reference Sonet top end petrol DCT costs 15.2L OTR Pune.
Spend a lakh more than what you would do for a Sonet top end model and get two Magnites!

PS- I know Sonet is a bit premium offering, but the difference in pricing could be stellar!
07CR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 21st October 2020, 19:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I may be wrong here, but purely judging on the basis of pictures, I think the car feels spartan. And those hexagonal AC vents look totally out of place. Maybe it is the choice of material which is a sea of black/gray all round, juxtapositioned with the bright blue paint-but it somehow did not come across as elegant or contemporary or even futuristic on the inside- rather looked like a souped up Datsun Redigo to me.
If this is the cabin look of a fully loaded car, then I wonder how the base variants would come across. They could have made beige/greige colours or even something funky.
Exactly my thoughts. The AC vents are completely off. While the exteriors look promising, the interiors are a dampener. But it could also be priced very competitively which will attract good bookings.
Raghu M is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks