Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2023, 17:58   #1531
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Hi All,

I wanted to know how you had performed the break-in for your new car. Should we get the engine oil changed at 2000km (the first free inspection)? I understand that during the break-in period, the engine cylinder walls and pistons undergo some wearing off and these metal particles end up in the engine oil. So, shouldn't an engine oil change be performed at 2000km just as a precaution? Considering Nissan's general after-sales, I'd like to be safer in the long run by spending a little upfront. Manufacturer recommended oil change is at 10000km intervals, I intend to get it performed at every 8000km because I don't really trust Nissan's recommendations (considering the fact that they don't even recommend a CVT ATF fluid change in the first 60000km! I intend to get the CVT fluid replaced at 30000km intervals just to have a peace of mind for Nissan's CVTs).

Please let me know if anyone's gotten their fresh factory engine oil changed at 2000km in their first free inspection and if it is really necessary or if I'm being paranoid.
Old 10th July 2023, 19:08   #1532
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
Please let me know if anyone's gotten their fresh factory engine oil changed at 2000km in their first free inspection and if it is really necessary or if I'm being paranoid.
Modern Engines like the one in the Maginte do not require an oil change at 2000 kms. This first oil change was required back in the day when there was less precision engineering in the engine. Now a days, they are so well engineered and machine to such precision that there is no initial wear and tear as the piston and cylinders "seat".
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th July 2023, 13:51   #1533
BHPian

Don't know if this question has been answered here, but have to ask because wifey is curious about it. In the XV and XV premium trims, is there any alternative to the engine start/stop button if it gets faulty and the car is stuck? Complete reliance on electronic controls might put one in trouble at times.
Old 13th July 2023, 14:10   #1534
BHPian

Hi, I require a suggestion. My Nissan car is the XL variant, which does not come with an infotainment system. Now, I would like to add one, and the service center quoted a price of 30k for it. I'm wondering if it's worth getting it installed at the Nissan service center. Will it be an official accessory that is integrated like in the higher variants, or will they add a local display?

If I choose to have it installed, will I receive the exact Nissan system that is found in the higher variants? Is it worth paying 30k for it?
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2023, 20:18   #1535

Hi Team-BHPians,
I am in the market for my first car. After test driving almost all automatic cars in 8-12L range and reading their reviews, I've finally booked the Magnite XV Turbo CVT in Red colour.

Need our forum members help to decide on the below.
  1. Heart says Red, head says White. Is Red colour difficult to maintain? Dust visibility, fading over time, colour matching in case of part repaint,etc.
  2. Is the 5 year Gold AMC at Rs. 23k worth it as service cost seems only around Rs. 3k per year as per few youtubers.
  3. I like the feel of the OEM breathable fabric seats. Can I use it as it is without covers? Is it easy to clean in case of dust and spills?
  4. Are the OEM accessory PVC/3D floor mats good or should I go for something from Amazon,etc?
Thanks in advance
Old 14th July 2023, 07:01   #1536
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Hi, I require a suggestion. My Nissan car is the XL variant, which does not come with an infotainment system. Now, I would like to add one, and the service center quoted a price of 30k for it. I'm wondering if it's worth getting it installed at the Nissan service center. Will it be an official accessory that is integrated like in the higher variants, or will they add a local display?

If I choose to have it installed, will I receive the exact Nissan system that is found in the higher variants? Is it worth paying 30k for it?
I highly doubt it will be the same infotainment system, if it is, it would have been mentioned in their official accessories list, but 30k pricing makes me feel otherwise, best option would be to confirm with the dealership itself.
bijims is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2023, 10:34   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijims View Post
I highly doubt it will be the same infotainment system, if it is, it would have been mentioned in their official accessories list, but 30k pricing makes me feel otherwise, best option would be to confirm with the dealership itself.
Yes, I reached out to the dealership, and they informed me that I won't be getting the same infotainment system. Instead, they mentioned a company called "Crosslink," but I'm not sure if it's worth considering. They didn't provide a demo, so I'm uncertain about the potential lag or performance.

For a cost of 30k, I'm undecided between Crosslink and exploring other options. I requested a demo to get a better understanding, but they asked me to wait for confirmation. In the meantime, I have also sent an email to Nissan customer care inquiring about the availability of the original infotainment system.
Old 17th July 2023, 16:51   #1538
BHPian

Hi Bumblebee. I own a Magnite Turbo XV MT and have clocked 15,000+ km on it. Congratulations on booking the Magnite!

1) I really wanted the Red with the Black roof, but my dealer said that the Dual Tone no longer was available for the Red and it had to be painted at the dealer level, so I simply just decided to go with Blade Silver. While I'm happy with the way it looks in Silver, the Red looks smashing. I would suggest to forget the maintenance part and go with a colour you like!

2) I did not opt for the Gold AMC. My 10k service costed me Rs.2800. Please note that the CVT gearbox does require more maintenance and over time it may end up costing more to service than the MT.

3) I love the fabric seats on the Magnite. Very supportive and feels airy. I usually just vacuum the seats once a month and it's good as new and wipe it down with Savlon wipes once in a while too. But, as the car ages, I am planning to get a seat cover installed. It would be easier to maintain.

4) I changed the OEM mats at 13,000 km to GFX mats. Now, its easier to clean the car and the carpets get less dirty as everything accumulates within the GFX mats. I would recommend going for it.

Hope this helps!
rishil.ghurki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 22:04   #1539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee View Post
Hi Team-BHPians,
I am in the market for my first car. After test driving almost all automatic cars in 8-12L range and reading their reviews, I've finally booked the Magnite XV Turbo CVT in Red colour.

Need our forum members help to decide on the below.
  1. Heart says Red, head says White. Is Red colour difficult to maintain? Dust visibility, fading over time, colour matching in case of part repaint,etc.
  2. Is the 5 year Gold AMC at Rs. 23k worth it as service cost seems only around Rs. 3k per year as per few Youtubers.
  3. I like the feel of the OEM breathable fabric seats. Can I use it as it is without covers? Is it easy to clean in case of dust and spills?
  4. Are the OEM accessory PVC/3D floor mats good or should I go for something from Amazon,etc?
Thanks in advance
I was in the same dilemma as you. But I went with White because it had 3 advantages
1. Better visibility at night (safety) (darker colors are harder to see at night)
2. Keeps the insides cooler by at least 10 to 15 degrees compared to other colors when parked in direct sun (less load on AC)
3. Easier to match colors in the event of any touch ups as you mentioned.

The red really does look amazing! I almost got the red, but my logical mind prevailed and I went with white (which looks good too IMHO).

And I got full floor matting done from outside at 3k. And on top, I just laid down OEM 3d mats. This combo is very easy to maintain.

Take the full 5 year Gold AMC. It's a negligible amount in the overall cost of ownership. The prices of air filters, oil filters, engine oil, gaskets etc will eventually rise and you'll probably end up paying almost the same amount or more.
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 23:17   #1540

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bumblebee;5584609

Need our forum members help to decide on the below.[LIST=1
[*]Heart says Red, head says White. Is Red colour difficult to maintain? Dust visibility, fading over time, colour matching in case of part repaint,etc.[*]Is the 5 year Gold AMC at Rs. 23k worth it as service cost seems only around Rs. 3k per year as per few Youtubers.[*]I like the feel of the OEM breathable fabric seats. Can I use it as it is without covers? Is it easy to clean in case of dust and spills?[*]Are the OEM accessory PVC/3D floor mats good or should I go for something from Amazon,etc?[/list]Thanks in advance
Hi, I own a Magnite Turbo XV Premium CVT in Black shade. It is just crossed 73000km and have done all the services at an interval of 10000 kms. I did opt for Gold plan and 5 year extended warranty during the purchase itself. It is very useful and please go ahead.
Magnite's seat fabrics are very comfortable. It is better to avoid seat covers as it will be a pain to buckle your seatbelt.
I have OEM 3 D floor mats. It is not that great. I'm planning to get a 7D mat done from some accessory shop soon.
madmax_rak is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 08:15   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax_rak View Post
Hi, I own a Magnite Turbo XV Premium CVT in Black shade. It is just crossed 73000km and have done all the services at an interval of 10000 kms. I did opt for Gold plan and 5 year extended warranty during the purchase itself. It is very useful and please go ahead.
Magnite's seat fabrics are very comfortable. It is better to avoid seat covers as it will be a pain to buckle your seatbelt.
I have OEM 3 D floor mats. It is not that great. I'm planning to get a 7D mat done from some accessory shop soon.
It seems that you have been a CVT owner for a considerable period, whereas I am currently looking to purchase one. I've come across a few forum comments suggesting that the maintenance costs for CVTs tend to increase over time. I'm interested to know about your personal experience. Have you encountered any complaints or faced any expensive repairs related to your CVT thus far?
devil_klm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 10:29   #1542

Quote:
Originally Posted by devil_klm View Post
It seems that you have been a CVT owner for a considerable period, whereas I am currently looking to purchase one. I've come across a few forum comments suggesting that the maintenance costs for CVTs tend to increase over time. I'm interested to know about your personal experience. Have you encountered any complaints or faced any expensive repairs related to your CVT thus far?
Hi

I did not face any technical issues so far. All expenses were related to consumable items like brake pad. Apart from those, once they had to replace the sensor assembly which cost around 12000. But that was covered under warranty and replaced on free of charge.
I will be posting detailed ownership review this week.
madmax_rak is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th July 2023, 19:22   #1543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax_rak View Post
Hi

I did not face any technical issues so far.

I will be posting detailed ownership review this week.
During the regular servicing, did the service center recommend any CVT transmission fluid changes? You've covered 73000km so far, did you face any error codes in transmission? Could you please cover the service experience as well in detail.
Old 19th July 2023, 19:59   #1544

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
During the regular servicing, did the service center recommend any CVT transmission fluid changes? You've covered 73000km so far, did you face any error codes in transmission? Could you please cover the service experience as well in detail.
They did not recommend refilling of CVT fluid yet. I did ask them about this during PMS of 60000 km. Service advisor was saying usually CVT refilling may not be required and It would easily last lakhs of kilometres.

I will be covering entire service history till date.
madmax_rak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2023, 01:10   #1545
BHPian

I hit a pothole on the left a little hard recently (left rear suspension bottomed out) and so while I feel nothing wrong with the car during driving, I still took a closer look into the mechanical bits near the tyres after a day.

I didn't find anything in the wheel of interest, I found some oil (like) marks in both the front wheel assemblies - on what I believe are the vertical linkages of the anti-roll bar (please correct me if I am mistaken) and the steering rod boots.

Is this normal?

Front right wheel:

Nissan Magnite Review-img_20230717_114315_edit.jpg

Front left wheel:

Nissan Magnite Review-img_20230717_114350_edit.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks