Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2023, 07:11   #1576
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Nissan Magnite is the official car of the ICC men’s cricket world cup 2023.

As part of the partnership with ICC for the World Cup 2023, Nissan has introduced a special ‘Kuro’ edition of the Magnite.

The Magnite’s special edition will also be showcased during the trophy tour, and customers can stand a chance to win match tickets by taking selfies with the Magnite.

Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot-20230914-070823.png

Link
volkman10 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2023, 13:00   #1577

Initial ownership review of the Nissan Magnite after 30 days.

Hello BHPians,

This is technically my first official post 😍

So, I got my hands on the New Nissan Magnite on 09/08/2023 and here's the opinion that I have formed in 30 days of driving it.

N.B. -

Model - Magnite XV turbo MT
Colour - vivid blue and storm white
Location - Kolkata
Average daily drive - 20 kms. (Mostly congested)

* My views are mostly based on my previous driving experience of driving Tatas and Mahindras for the last 15 years (and Marutis and Hyundais prior to that).

Buying Experience: I 'd been driving a Tata Bolt XM revotron since 2015 and was considering a change and an upgrade for sometime. Come July 2023 and I made up my mind to finally execute the plan. Being a Tata loyalist my first choice was the Nexon (petrol) followed by the Nissan Magnite and the Maruti fronx.

Tata Nexon - The tata showroom was my first visit and I was almost 50% inclined towards the Nexon. My budget allowed me the XM (S) version and I was kind of okay with compromising on the frills. However there were two dissuading factors for not proceeding with the Nexon. One, a very close friend already had the new Nexon (xz plus, BS6 ) and was utterly dissapointed with a mileage of 8.5 km/l even after owning it for over a year with 10k on the odo (I can vouch for the poor mileage of petrol Tata Cars having had two petrol Tata cars previously).
Second, the exchange deal on my existing Tata Bolt was not worth a second negotiation, thus, ending my dream of owning the Nexon.

Maruti Fronx - This was the third option on my list. And to be honest I am no fan of MSIL. Saying so, I must say that the Fronx is pretty. It's quite the looker and I was seriously considering the Fronx at this point. However my pocket was only deep enough to get hold of the Delta Plus 1.2 L model. It drove well, nice interiors, fairly well loaded with features however, what irks me is that MSIL cuts corners by not adding bare essentials like a rear parking camera or rear wiper on a car that has an ex showroom tag of 9 lakhs. However, I was willing to overlook these minor gripes. The only reason that prevented me from buying the Fronx after 2 test drives was the pick up of the car. May I dare say it was sluggish.

Nissan Magnite - The second option on my list. 3 showroom visits, 2 test drives later the Magnite seemed the perfect fit for my requirements. My family (especially, mum) loved the looks of the car. It was a turbo charged petrol engine (which I was used to in the Tata Bolt), had adequate frills, sun/moon roof was never a criteria. Yes, I have a weakness for the turbo charged petrol motor.
The showroom experience was okish. They were a little pushy, unwilling to negotiate at first. However, owing to a connection at Nissan India, I was able to pull a few strings and garner a fair discount on the car and also, the underbody anti rust rubber coating. After completing the loan formalities (seamlessly), I was finally called for delivery on 09/08/2023. The delivery experience was a 7.5 out of 10.

** I had sold my Tata bolt via OLX (advert not OLX auto) in the meanwhile.

The Pros:

1. IMO the car looks quite nice to be honest.
2. Adequate gadgets and frills.
3. Peppy engine (has enough grunt when needed).
4. Personally I love the diamond cut alloy wheels on the magnite.
5. The android auto and apple car play works seamlessly.
6. The sound of the engine is pleasing to the ears.
7. The 6 speaker sound system is quite good (although the harman kardon on my bolt was better).
8. The ground clearance in commendable, have recently
Waded through the water logged streets of Elgin Road effortlessly (the ones who stay in South Kolkata know what I mean)
9. Quite spacious.
10. Service centers seem quite responsive for now.
11. Ac is good
12. Comfortable seats

The Cons:

1. Headlamps - The halogen headlamps are not upto the mark. Need to learn from the Tatas and Mahindras.
2. Suspension - Hard suspension. You can feel the thud over large potholes which are aplenty in Kolkata. Again Tatas and Mahindras are brilliant when it comes to suspension for the Indian terrains.
3. I am not a big fan of steel sheet fuel lids (they start rusing eventually)
4. Clutch has a pretty deep play.
5. Long gear throws.
6. Ac or blower vents missing for the rear passengers.

Now most importantly, the mileage;
To be honest I have only been following the MID on my car. And After having driven about 900 odd kms I am getting a mileage of 9.2km/l (my regular drive is generally on a very congested stretch), however I firmly believe this will get better post the first couple of service.

Unfortunately, I haven't had the opportunity to take it out on a proper long drive on the highway to ascertain its highway mileage or engine capabilities. I do intend to do so soon.

Opinions and comments are welcome.

Drive safe and keep your seat belts on.

Signing off.
NS
NS13 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 21:53   #1578
BHPian

Welcome to the Magnite. I own the XV Premium Turbo CVT. This a peppy, serious value-for-money car that punches above its weight. The car does feel like it is built to a budget, but it delivers on practicality and performance. I have had it for one year now (11K kms) and I haven't had a single problem with it. Good in the city and great on the highway. I wonder why more people don't buy the Magnite-Kiger twins.
kovilkalai is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2023, 22:50   #1579
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Nissan Magnite is the official car of the ICC men’s cricket world cup 2023.

As part of the partnership with ICC for the World Cup 2023, Nissan has introduced a special ‘Kuro’ edition of the Magnite.
Someone needs to wake up the Nissan leadership from their deep sleep. Don't know for how many years are they going to use the same car for ICC events. They have the perfect opportunity to market and launch their new flagship model X-Trail but looks like the launch of that car is still a few years away. By that time they will stop production of Magnite and then X-Trail will be their sole product.
Highh5 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 08:12   #1580

Nissan has been banking on the Magnite for way too long without having done much on updating the car except for minor 'edition updates'. Given that the car is still selling 2000+ units in India every month despite being the only model with limited engine options shows that the car has somewhat garnered renewed hope in the Nissan brand (in India) therefore, this ICC event is it's best chance to get couple of new cars in the market including an EV and perhaps a proper SUV. I feel Nissan India is missing a trick here.

If at some point Nissan decides to kill the Magnite to bring along new launches I believe that could prove fatal for them.

Nissan should really learn a trick or two from Tata, Mahindra and MSIL in the way in which they are capturing the automotive market by having a product for everyone and then having an extra niche product. Having seen Nissan in the European market I wonder why Nissan is unable to launch newer better cars in India. Sad :(

Last edited by NS13 : 17th September 2023 at 08:29.
NS13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 14:31   #1581
BHPian

Re: Initial ownership review of the Nissan Magnite after 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NS13 View Post
Model - Magnite XV turbo MT
Colour - vivid blue and storm white
Location - Kolkata
Average daily drive - 20 kms. (Mostly congested)
Strange that in Google feed the article heading was showing me CVT. 🤔 Is it a bug or something?
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot_20230922142733.jpg  

Joe367 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 15:09   #1582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
Strange that in Google feed the article heading was showing me CVT. 🤔 Is it a bug or something?
Could possibly be a bug or perhaps the heading may have overlapped with another magnite review Hope the review was helpful.
NS13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2023, 12:49   #1583
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe367 View Post
Strange that in Google feed the article heading was showing me CVT. �� Is it a bug or something?
Its showing image of my car. Its from the ownership thread -
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-...ip-review.html (Story of White Beauty | My Nissan Magnite Turbo XL | Ownership Review)
swiftvxi06 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2023, 01:27   #1584
BHPian

I’m considering buying the Magnite. Can owners of the vehicle based in Pune share their experiences on servicing in Pune?

The product is excellent - I only need to confirm service experience in Pune before I proceed. Thank you!

Last edited by McLaren_P1 : 29th September 2023 at 01:28.
McLaren_P1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2023, 17:16   #1585
BHPian

Nissan Magnite Review-final_4.jpeg
20 Years of Memories: Our Wagon R's Endearing Journey
Our trusty old Wagon R began to show its age after faithfully serving us for the past 20 years. It was a special car for our family as it was the very first brand new car my parents ever owned. It was in this car that both my brother and I learned to drive, and it witnessed countless memorable journeys with friends and family. In fact, back in 2003, it proudly became the first facelifted Wagon R in our town.
I bid farewell to the Wagon R in 2006 after my graduation, as I moved to different cities in search of job opportunities, eventually settling in Bangalore. I purchased my own car in 2012, a gen2 Swift ZDI. In 2017, I moved to the USA and asked my parents if they were interested in selling the Wagon R and keeping the Swift. However, given their comfort with the Wagon R's tallboy design, ease of ingress and egress, and low maintenance, they chose to keep it and let go of the Swift.
Years passed, and the Wagon R underwent its 15-year RTO testing, approaching its 20th year milestone in October 2023, having covered about 100,000 kilometers during its remarkable 20-year journey.
Meanwhile, our family had grown, and our new car requirements had evolved. The primary need was for my brother's wifeys daily hospital commute for job and occasional travel for my elderly parents. Thus, an automatic transmission was essential, reducing our dependency on drivers. We also needed a car that offered easy ingress and egress for our parents and was user-friendly for city driving. Since we already had a Seltos for long journeys, we didn't require a large car. Our search for a new car began in July, and I was particularly drawn to the Magnite due to its availability with a CVT transmission. In the small car segment, automatic gearboxes often consist of AMTs, but after testing a few, we decided against them. We expect covering approximately 40 km in our daily usage. A slightly larger car was our preference, and the Kiger and Magnite emerged as our top two choices. We began our search in July while I was in my hometown for a vacation.

Other contenders in our search included:

1. Citroen C3- The Citroen C3 was the sole vehicle on my radar when it came to finding a replacement. Ever since I learned about the Citroen Magic Carpet technology, I've held the hope that it would indeed become the perfect successor to the wagoner.Automatic transmission wasn't a consideration at that time.Eventually, automatic transmission became a necessary requirement, and the absence of updates on this front from Citroen was a key factor in our decision to reconsider the choice. Additionally, the absence of a Citroen sales and service center in my town played a significant role in my decision-making process. While I wasn't overly concerned about resale value or minor issues with the C3, it would have unquestionably been my top choice if it had an automatic transmission option.

2. Maruti Fronx - my brother expressed interest in this car. However, the lower height of the back seat made me think it somewhat challenging for our parents to get in and out. Despite attempts to arrange a test drive, the Nexa dealership displayed a lackadaisical attitude, and the lower exchange value for our Wagon R (considering the same brand) was a concern. We wanted to test it at home to see if our parents could comfortably enter and exit. My reservations included the high cost of the top variant automatic, which was around 15 lakhs on-road. I was hesitant to pay such a premium for a car with an unknown safety rating. Despite its attractive design and a trusted service network, we decided to explore other brands.

3. Tata Nexon - While I initially had a keen interest in the Nexon, the buzz about an upcoming facelift made me reconsider. Furthermore, concerns about the AMT gearbox and some less-than-favorable reviews regarding Tata's service quality were additional factors in my decision to rule it out.

4. We didn't give serious consideration to Hyundai and Kia options, as we already had one of their cars in our family.

5. Kiger - Regarding the Kiger, I didn't delve into the details extensively. This was primarily due to its comparatively lower sales numbers than the Magnite. Many reviews pointed out slightly cramped rear seating, and for some reason, I found the Magnite's design more appealing than the Kiger's.

6. My brother expressed interest in the Baleno or Glanza, but we realized that these models wouldn't align with our parents' specific needs and preferences.

So, we ultimately settled on the Magnite as our choice. Selected XV Premium CVT Turbo variant with 5 years extended warranty package. I had knowledge about the vibration problems and a few rattling issues based on the reviews on Team-BHP. The next stage of our journey was to secure a favorable deal. I began by checking prices in Thiruvananthapuram city, where I was residing at the time, while my brother obtained a price list from a different dealer in our hometown. We had two choices to consider, and we opted for the top variant, with our preferred color being black. Initially, we received a higher quote from Pinnacle Nissan in Kollam, my hometown. However, I managed to secure a better deal in Thiruvananthapuram and initiated negotiations with the other dealer. Eventually, we obtained a competitive exchange price, which included all corporate and exchange bonuses for our Wagon R.

When we presented this offer to Pinnacle, they identified some discrepancies in the other quote. Upon closer inspection, it turned out that the disparities were indeed valid. As a result, we decided to go with Pinnacle in Kollam. My brother had a test drive from their showroom, and they even brought the test drive vehicle to our home to see if it suited our parents. They generously allowed an extensive test drive for my brother and his wife, left us impressed with the car. We placed the advance booking amount on the same day, and they initiated the sale procedures. Moreover, they graciously permitted us to continue using the Wagon R for a few more days.

Some farewell pics of the WagonR.
Nissan Magnite Review-5fa3be7163d44ff7bd1d8e694ed04ea4.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-e7e2498d8f244f259fade2e50d8540ad.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-85844ec8c10a4c929d6542790c185999.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-003fc26989dd49b385c018cdf8c4d16d.jpeg

Then, we received news of a price change from Nissan, which initially came from the Thiruvananthapuram dealer. The sales executive forwarded me a screenshot of an email from their higher-ups, advising SEs to finalize the deal before the price increase took effect. We received a similar message from Pinnacle as well, and this all unfolded around the end of July.

In response, we decided to contribute 40% of the total cost from our end and planned to finance the remaining amount through a loan. We promptly had the loan approved and transferred the money, along with handing over a cheque based on the current price. We also requested an email confirmation ensuring that the price change would not impact our agreement. The following day, we received confirmation that the car had been allocated and dispatched from the factory.

Upon returning to the USA after my vacation, I found that the car had arrived at the dealership's lot on August 6th. I entrusted my brother and a close friend with the task of conducting a Pre-Delivery Inspection. One disappointing aspect we encountered was that the car had 24 kilometers on the odometer. When we questioned the Sales Executive about it, they attempted to justify it by stating that the vehicle had undergone testing at the factory on a test track . Interestingly, we also noticed another CVT turbo model with only 5 kilometers on the odometer, but there was no clear explanation provided when we inquired about this discrepancy. It's apparent that the car may have been utilized for test drives or perhaps for employee transportation, given the mileage on the odometer. Rather than engaging in a prolonged argument, we decided to move forward with the next steps.

Some pictures from the Pre-Delivery Inspection.
Nissan Magnite Review-pdi1.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-pdi2.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-pdi3.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-pdi4.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-pdi5.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-pdi6.jpeg

Speaking of my friend, his passion for automobiles is truly remarkable. He serves as a regional sales manager, which entails extensive travel throughout the state. Notably, he is an avid car enthusiast, boasting a collection of multiple vehicles and even engaging in a joint venture related to car resale. Among all the cars he owns, his absolute favorite is the VW Vento Highline, which he acquired back in 2012. As of my writing this, it has covered an impressive 280,000 kilometers. What's truly remarkable is that he hasn't had to replace the clutch yet, a testament to both his exceptional driving skills and deep knowledge of the subject matter. This car is still going strong, a testament to its durability and his impeccable care. I suggested him consider getting Karlsson leather seats based on reviews from TeamBHP. And I'm pleased to report that the seats are still performing exceptionally well. Some pics of the Vento

Nissan Magnite Review-vento1.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-vento2.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-vento3.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-vento4.jpeg

Completed all the necessary paperwork on next day and provided them with the green light to proceed with registration process.
We secure an auspicious delivery date of 8/25. Furthermore, it worked out perfectly since my brother had a break from work during that particular week. Fortunately, the dealership was accommodating and agreed to store the car in their parking lot until we could pick it up. To keep us updated, the Sales Executive sent a screenshot of the mileage displayed on the odometer after completing registration

Nissan Magnite Review-before_delivery1.jpeg

On the much-anticipated D-Day of 8/25, everything seemed aligned with the auspicious time as per the astrological calendar. However, what we hadn't anticipated was the unforeseen road construction activity that significantly dampened our delivery experience. The PWD initiated a substantial excavation right in front of the showroom, precisely where the post-delivery exit ramp had been placed. This unexpected development added a layer of complexity to our delivery plans. According to the SE, this excavation had occurred just the day before, and they claimed to be completely unaware of the situation. However, this explanation seemed highly improbable since construction work is typically not carried out during night time hours. To our surprise, we had received no prior updates or notifications from the dealership about this, and we only became aware of it when we arrived for the scheduled delivery. Due to the unexpected excavation, we were left with no choice but to have the car delivered on the side of the road adjacent to the excavation site. It was a less than ideal situation, but we had to adapt to the circumstances. We proceeded and received the keys on schedule, although it was a far cry from the so-called Nissan delivery experience we had hoped for. Our sincere gratitude goes out to the Kerala PWD for their unexpected contribution to this unique delivery story!

Nissan Magnite Review-pwd1.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-pwd3.jpeg

Putting that aside, the car proved to be the perfect replacement for our family's requirements. It has served as both a self-driven vehicle and an occasionally chauffeur-driven one. While the initial mileage figures didn't quite match some of the reviews, we are optimistic that it will improve as we become more accustomed to the CVT usage. We plan to keep this car until our next upgrade to an electric model , and hope for a trouble-free experience throughout.

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite1.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-magnite2.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-magnite4.jpeg

Some photos from the 3M treatment. After reading reviews on Team-BHP regarding rusting issues with Dusters and exhaust pipe rusting problems with Magnites, we've made the decision to opt for underbody treatment and exhaust pipe anti-rust coating after taking delivery.

Nissan Magnite Review-3m1.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-3m2.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-3m3.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-3m4.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-underbody_coating.jpeg

Few more pics
Nissan Magnite Review-final_2.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-final_3.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-final_5.jpeg
Nissan Magnite Review-final_6.jpeg
devil_klm is offline   (36) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 10:13   #1586
BHPian

Magnite is a looker compared to the Kiger which looks like a blown up Kwid. Especially this black looks really good.
venukrithish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 12:06   #1587
BHPian

Congratulations on your new car and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Wishing you many happy miles.
TheFonz is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 12:47   #1588

Congratulations on your new wheels!
The black Magnite is a looker! Excellent choice.

Citroen is loosing out on customers just because of no automatics, lose to them, gain for Nissan

Wow! And your friend’s Vento, impeccably maintained from the looks of it. Doesn’t show the age at all.
Dreamlifter.07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 16:59   #1589
BHPian

The Magnite looks so incredibly striking in black.

Enjoy your purchase and wish you many happy miles!
McLaren_P1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 17:04   #1590
BHPian

Congratulations from a fellow Magnite Turbo owner from Kolkata. Wish you loads of happy kms with your new car.
swiftvxi06 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks