Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th January 2023, 14:20   #1426
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crank View Post
I have left my car for Inspection service (2k service) today. They accepted that the brake noise problem and said will try to fix it. If it doesn't go off they will change the brake parts under warranty to fix the issue. Meanwhile they were suggesting to go for Under-body Ceramic coating by 3M for 4.6K. Is that worth it?
What is underbody ceramic coating? (Usually cermaic coating is done to protect paint) I have only heard of underbody anti-rust coating.

Not needed, but helpful if you live in costal place. If at all you want to do it, do from 3M store directly.
SideView is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 14:40   #1427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SideView View Post
What is underbody ceramic coating? (Usually cermaic coating is done to protect paint) I have only heard of underbody anti-rust coating.

Not needed, but helpful if you live in costal place. If at all you want to do it, do from 3M store directly.
It's anti-rust coating. Probably uses ceramic base and hence the label says ceramic coating for under-body protection.
Old 7th January 2023, 01:38   #1428
BHPian

I have a couple of questions about the light setup of the Magnite - now that it increasingly looks like I'm going to buy it:

1. What is the rsocket-type and rating (wattage) of the fog lights (single bulb)?
2. If the LED bi-projector (main headlight) what is the socket + wattage of the replacement bulb?

Any info on these matters would be most appreciated - as well as any links/pointers to lighting upgrades on the LED-projector variants of the Magnite.
Old 7th January 2023, 11:48   #1429
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josetom89 View Post
Hi guys,

Any review on JBL speaker upgrade for Magnite. Is it worth it?
Yes, there is significant change. Now they have come with an updated set of JBLs.
ram_hyundai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 18:39   #1430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram_hyundai View Post
Yes, there is significant change. Now they have come with an updated set of JBLs.
I got mine delivered last day. The vocals are good but the bass is almost nil. Don't know what went wrong there? Stock system had better bass output. Could it be something to do with the setting in the cross over? I am not an expert in Car audio. They have installed JBL CS790 CHi components at front and 621f coaxials at rear.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-img_20230107_184137.jpg  

Last edited by josetom89 : 7th January 2023 at 18:41.
josetom89 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 00:27   #1431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
I have a couple of questions about the light setup of the Magnite - now that it increasingly looks like I'm going to buy it:

1. What is the socket-type and rating (wattage) of the fog lights (single bulb)?
2. If the LED bi-projector (main headlight) what is the socket + wattage of the replacement bulb?

Any info on these matters would be most appreciated - as well as any links/pointers to lighting upgrades on the LED-projector variants of the Magnite.
Adding one more qn to this list:

Can TPMS be added to the spare tyre?
Old 11th January 2023, 08:52   #1432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post

1. What is the rsocket-type and rating (wattage) of the fog lights (single bulb)?
Both the fog lamps as well as the headlamps are sealed headlight units. The LED lighting is based off of a led chip(s) inside that emits the light. There are no bulbs inside. And hence you cannot upgrade the lighting.

If your headlight conks off for any reason, the whole unit will have to be changed.

All OEM headlight units are sealed units. They do not use crappy LED bulbs that you get in the market.
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 14:47   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drhoneycake View Post
Both the fog lamps as well as the headlamps are sealed headlight units. The LED lighting is based off of a led chip(s) inside that emits the light. There are no bulbs inside. And hence you cannot upgrade the lighting.

If your headlight conks off for any reason, the whole unit will have to be changed.

All OEM headlight units are sealed units. They do not use crappy LED bulbs that you get in the market.
Thank you!

While I found that the headlights are pretty decent in my test drive, I'd like a little more focus and brightness. So maybe I can just swap out the LED units for the halogen one and then install better projectors with user-replaceable bulbs in the halogen units. Thinking...
Old 15th January 2023, 19:32   #1434
BHPian

Hi there. I have a Magnite Turbo MT and have completed 8600km. The brake grinding noise isn't exclusive to the CVT models. I too experience it occasionally. It happens particularly upon using the car, after being stationary for a few days.
It persists on slightly hard braking for a km or two and then completely goes away.

I really do not expect too much quality from this car, so I don't have a problem with this. I feel it could just be coz of that layer of rust formed on the discs. Just thought I'd share my experience. Hope it helps
rishil.ghurki is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th January 2023, 19:39   #1435
BHPian

Hi there. In short, I don't think TPMS can be added to the spare, as it's not a full-size spare wheel. It is a downsized 15" steel rimmed wheel.

Also, with my experience of TPMS, albeit limited (GLA220d, Creta, Cousin's Magnite XV Prem.), I've noticed that it's never accurate.

For reference: I too own a Magnite, the Turbo with XV trim, so no TPMS on mine.
I'm the kind of person that checks and fills up air everytime I refuel, which is usually twice a month and before long-drives, so it's never made a difference to me
rishil.ghurki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2023, 14:53   #1436

I too am experiencing the grinding noise when releasing the brake slowly, during very slow speeds(when starting the car.). But, people who drove my car said this happens during initial usage, will go away after sometime and first few services.

I experienced engine overheating also (bonnet gets too hot to touch), but later I realized this happens only during very slow speeds, which made sense as the radiator might not have gotten enough air. Still, I expected the radiator fan to have gotten activated early (sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. I guess the fan-temp curve used by system is to blame). I always let the engine idle for a few minutes during car start and off too. I spoke with service center people, they said it is expected (kind of made it sound like this is something of an inherent problem with all Magnites, or at least Magnite CVTs)

Fellow CVT owners, how much city mileage are you getting? I am getting about 6-11 kmpl (odometer), full tank method indicated same. I think its very low, but I guess I have to wait until few kms and services (mine did roughly 300kms only).
A fellow BHPian mentioned he got very low mileage initially, but it got better over time, but would be nice to get inputs from fellow CVT owners too.

Mine is CVT XV Turbo.
Old 17th January 2023, 13:58   #1437
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishil.ghurki View Post
Hi there. In short, I don't think TPMS can be added to the spare, as it's not a full-size spare wheel. It is a downsized 15" steel rimmed wheel.

Also, with my experience of TPMS, albeit limited (GLA220d, Creta, Cousin's Magnite XV Prem.), I've noticed that it's never accurate.

For reference: I too own a Magnite, the Turbo with XV trim, so no TPMS on mine.
I'm the kind of person that checks and fills up air everytime I refuel, which is usually twice a month and before long-drives, so it's never made a difference to me
I have had a couple of poor experiences with a partially clogged valve on a front right tyre recently and that's what made me wake up to the utility of a good TPMS.

I am even willing to upgrade the 15inch spare tyre to 16 inches - so I was wondering if the ICE unit supports a fifth TPMS. Looks like the answer is no/unlikely so far. :(
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 22:54   #1438
BHPian

I personally haven't experienced any overheating issues so far (touchwood)!
But, I can share something about the FE figures.

In all honesty, when I got my car back in March 2022, it took me quite a while to learn how it likes to be driven. I noticed that until around 3000-3500 km, the avg. fuel economy was quite poor, in both city and highway conditions, more or less around the same figures you've mentioned.

Now, with 8500km+ on the odometer and I having learnt more about my car, I'm comfortably getting 12-15kmpl in the city (with AC on) and 18-20kmpl on the cruising highway runs.

For reference: I use tank to tank method (although the display is quite accurate with +/- 1kmpl) and I only fill XP95 Petrol.
rishil.ghurki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 22:57   #1439
BHPian

I believe there are a few good aftermarket options for TMPS, reliable ones too.
Perhaps the ones which have sensors right in the valve caps, so it can be fitted to your spare as well, should suit your needs.
Old 19th January 2023, 12:27   #1440

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishil.ghurki View Post
I personally haven't experienced any overheating issues so far (touchwood)!
But, I can share something about the FE figures.

In all honesty, when I got my car back in March 2022, it took me quite a while to learn how it likes to be driven... .
Thank you, but, if possible, could you expand a bit more on "how it likes to be driven"? Do you mean being lite on the accelerator? Or, getting into high gears quickly? (I am bit of a novice when it comes to auto mobiles)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks