Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2022, 16:39   #1306
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
My dad is looking for an automatic car and he will be running it mostly in city. Need feedback from existing Magnite owners on the below:

1. What is the city fuel efficiency of the Turbo CVT Variant (we stay in bangalore) -
Getting approx 10 in moderate traffic and ~18 on highways
Quote:
2. How is the refinement level of the 3 pot engine
- Vibrations can be felt in the cabin
Quote:
3. Is the ride quality very stiff? (asking as bangalore has tons of speed breakers)
- much stiffer than most cars I have driven over the past decade

Mod Note : Please do NOT reply to posts using text within a quoted post, as it leads to visual discomfort for readers. Additionally, it's inconvenient to quote & reply to such a post.

For the correct way to quote, please see this thread.

Thanks!

Last edited by Sheel : 25th April 2022 at 14:03. Reason: Mod note attached.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st April 2022, 16:59   #1307
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Check my response within the quoted message
Thanks @akg for the inputs. How has the service experience been?
Old 21st April 2022, 17:18   #1308
BHPian

Service experience has been below expectations and nothing to write home about. Buy a maruti is what I tell my friends !
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2022, 23:26   #1309
BHPian

I booked a CVT top end today. Promised delivery in 2 months approx. As regards ride quality, I did not feel the stiffness in the TD car. Has Nissan done any change to the suspension set up post launch of the car? At 2 pm today, when I was taking the test drive, the AC felt little inadequate. Had there any problem in the car or the AC is weaker in Magnite?

Also dash board & front door had rattling sound. The TD car had done just 10k on odo. Is rattling a problem in the car?

I could not test the headlights. From reviews I understand, it is sufficient. What's the feedback of owners from night driving?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolrahul View Post
Thanks abhi_krao...

I have also checked using the full tank method for the 2 road trips and it was between 13-14 both times.

I have another trip planned next weekend... will keep the forum updated..
The FE of 13-14 on highways mostly seems to be quite low. What was the driving pattern & load in the car?

Last edited by Aditya : 24th April 2022 at 05:04. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2022, 17:46   #1310
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
At 2 pm today, when I was taking the test drive, the AC felt little inadequate. Had there any problem in the car or the AC is weaker in Magnite?
Magnite CVT + ACC = headaches.

AC turn offs on its own in crawling traffic. Nissan service centres have no clue why this happens and no fix.

Do go to the service area and talk to an existing owner.
naru80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th April 2022, 10:34   #1311

Quote:
I booked a CVT top end today. Promised delivery in 2 months approx. As regards ride quality, I did not feel the stiffness in the TD car. Has Nissan done any change to the suspension set up post launch of the car? At 2 pm today, when I was taking the test drive, the AC felt little inadequate. Had there any problem in the car or the AC is weaker in Magnite?

Also dash board & front door had rattling sound. The TD car had done just 10k on odo. Is rattling a problem in the car?

I could not test the headlights. From reviews I understand, it is sufficient. What's the feedback of owners from night driving?

Thanks

The FE of 13-14 on highways mostly seems to be quite low. What was the driving pattern & load in the car?
I haven't observed this with the AC on my Magnite (CVT-Turbo-Pre), AC seems to work quite well, I also keep it at around 22-26 deg C most of the time in Mumbai. I guess in the month May, when summer peaks will be the real test of the ACC.
devregister is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2022, 23:06   #1312
BHPian

Quote:
I booked a CVT top end today. Promised delivery in 2 months approx.
I too booked the xv prem cvt on 8th april and was promised delivery by 5th may ( my parents 50th anniversary) by autorelli nissan kolkata.

Yesterday when i called them to check on status i was subjected to a shock. We had asked for the brown colour and there was no news on its dispatch from factory.
On the top of that the dealer claims that the on road cost of the car has been increased by Rs40k effective 27th april. the ex shiwroom now crosses over 10lac and on road 11.5L . Is there same issues being faced in other cities too? Or is this some game by the autorelli dealer in kolkata need to check.
With 3 stupid features getting added shark fin antenna , dual horn and a AC filter? I didnt know ACs come with out filter?
Still cant believe it and seriously considering cancelling the booking. Kiger seems to be a better option now.

I thought nissan is banking on magnite but a 4% increase in cost in a month doesnt seem they are serious. Such stupid actions makes me reconsider the future serviceability from the company since i will be holding on to this car for more than 10 years.

Requesting fellow bhpians to guide me with your wisdom on how should i approach this problem. Should i consider kiger? My budget is 11lac max on road and no AMTs
saugdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 07:46   #1313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saugdas View Post
On the top of that the dealer claims that the on road cost of the car has been increased by Rs40k effective 27th april. the ex shiwroom now crosses over 10lac and on road 11.5L . Is there same issues being faced in other cities too? Or is this some game by the autorelli dealer in kolkata need to check.
Yes it's true. The new ex-showroom for XV CVT Pre is 10,20,000.

We had booked magnite on last Friday and were delighted that we were getting the color/variant (XV CVT) by next thursday. However the price hike was a bummer, with the price hike, this variant has come close to HTK+ iMT Sonet. Don't know what to do
TSEA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 12:35   #1314
BHPian

Quote:
Kiger seems to be a better option now.
Requesting fellow bhpians to guide me with your wisdom on how should i approach this problem. Should i consider kiger? My budget is 11lac max on road and no AMTs
I just called my dealer & got to know that ex-showroom of CVT Prem is now 10.20 lacs, up from earlier 9.99 lacs. He said this is 2nd price hike in April-22. I have decided to cancel the booking.

I had test driven Kiger turbo manual before booking Magnite. I did not like the look of the car. Also the NVH of Kiger was inferior to Magnite. CVT TD of Kiger is not available. Is the top end ex-showroom of Kiger below 10 lacs? If you have test driven Kiger CVT, please share your experience.

Thanks
Chitta Pradhan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2022, 17:16   #1315
BHPian

Quote:
However the price hike was a bummer, with the price hike, this variant has come close to HTK+ iMT Sonet. Don't know what to do
I had never considered Sonet thinking it is beyond my budget. If you are saying Magnite cvt now close to iMT i think i need to dig into details. Do you have any handy e broch and price list for Sonet?
Old 28th April 2022, 17:37   #1316
BHPian

Quote:
He said this is 2nd price hike in April-22. I have decided to cancel the booking
Thanks
Yes it is 2nd hike in a month and that shows the mad mind. I was very skeptical on brand Nissan and the only reason i got driven towards it was value for money in cvt prem. Now that its gone why not look at others? This is the only model success they have got and if the usp is gone i dont want to take a long term risk in this brand.

Quote:
I had test driven Kiger turbo manual before booking Magnite. I did not like the look of the car. Also the NVH of Kiger was inferior to Magnite. CVT TD of Kiger is not available. Is the top end ex-showroom of Kiger below 10 lacs? If you have test driven Kiger CVT, please share your experience.

Thanks
I have asked for Kiger TD. Probably today evening or tomorrow it will come. Understand the magnite engine is originally Renault. So guess the magnite smooth cvt exp will remain in kiger if not better. Let me also check the features and feel aspects of Kiger.
After magnite price increase , Kiger RXZ turbo cvt is cheaper by 5k exshowroom and 10k+ cheaper on road on same comparison.
But servicability of renault is better than nissan i hear.

I dont see a dedicated thread on kiger in teambhp. Will surely appreciate more inputs if similiar dilema faced by others on kiger vs magnite
saugdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 09:37   #1317
BHPian

Quote:
I had never considered Sonet thinking it is beyond my budget. If you are saying Magnite cvt now close to iMT i think i need to dig into details. Do you have any handy e broch and price list for Sonet?
I am not able to upload attachments. Sonet G1.0T iMT HTK Plus ex-showroom is 9,99,000
Old 30th April 2022, 00:06   #1318
BANNED

Quote:
Yes it is 2nd hike in a month and that shows the mad mind. I was very skeptical on brand Nissan and the only reason i got driven towards it was value for money in cvt prem. Now that its gone why not look at others? This is the only model success they have got and if the usp is gone i dont want to take a long term risk in this brand.

I have asked for Kiger TD. Probably today evening or tomorrow it will come. Understand the magnite engine is originally Renault. So guess the magnite smooth cvt exp will remain in kiger if not better. Let me also check the features and feel aspects of Kiger.
After magnite price increase , Kiger RXZ turbo cvt is cheaper by 5k exshowroom and 10k+ cheaper on road on same comparison.
But servicability of renault is better than nissan i hear.

I dont see a dedicated thread on kiger in teambhp. Will surely appreciate more inputs if similiar dilema faced by others on kiger vs magnite
How would you drive an automatic which does not have hill hold.. I heard Kiger does not have hill hold and ESP
Old 30th April 2022, 10:12   #1319

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
How would you drive an automatic which does not have hill hold.. I heard Kiger does not have hill hold and ESP
You would have use your handbrake and lower gear ratios (L), to ensure you have enough power when starting up a hill.
devregister is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 12:31   #1320
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by devregister View Post
You would have use your handbrake and lower gear ratios (L), to ensure you have enough power when starting up a hill.
Hmm..like AMT.. this is why I avoided nexon and kiger.. Can't do this when someone is just inches behind you in incline

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks