Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th June 2021, 23:12   #1186

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Yes, that's the bulk of my feeling too. I would have preferred to go for a good quality android auto of my choice. Only thing making me even consider this is the long waiting time. I have been waiting from December beginning. I can even wait till mid August, which is the current ETA. But if they extend it any further I'll lose interest.
Old 19th June 2021, 13:54   #1187
Distinguished - BHPian

One question to Magnite owners - how is the rear leg room and seating posture? How easy is it for older folks to get in and out of? I am considering getting a Magnite or Renault Triber or Kiger for my mother. She and her sister go for city runs (shopping/visiting relatives etc. ) and have had a used Punto for the last 5 years. They are always chauffer-driven through the "dial-a-driver" service - so driving excitement or effort does not matter in this decision.

They are increasingly finding it hard to get into the Punto, since the seating is low and leg room is very limited. Theya re reasonably tall ladies and find it much more comfortable to get into small/mid-size SUVs as well as MPVs. The first option that sprung to mind to replace the Punto is a used Ertiga, but 5 year old Ertigas are selling for almost 7 lakhs in Chennai

Then the thought of getting a Triber or a Magnite/Kiger came up. These cars are very attractively priced for the base variants and these have basic safety features covered. The Kiger even has a 4-star crash test rating! Plus they seem spacious and relatively reliable. The higher seating position should help my mom and aunt to get in and out more easily. For less than the price of a 5 year old Ertiga, they could get a brand new car, which should hopefully run trouble-free for many years to come.

Views from current owners much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu0504 View Post
Yes, that's the bulk of my feeling too. I would have preferred to go for a good quality android auto of my choice. Only thing making me even consider this is the long waiting time. I have been waiting from December beginning. I can even wait till mid August, which is the current ETA. But if they extend it any further I'll lose interest.
Are you getting the price initially promised for 2020 bookings (4.99 lakhs ex-showroom)? If so, it is a steal as prices have already increased by 50K. So even assuming you are losing 10-15 on account of the true value of the music system being less than what you are charged, you still stand to gain substantially as compared to someone buying the car this year.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 19th June 2021 at 14:11.
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2021, 15:47   #1188
BHPian

guys anyone know the current waiting time in Delhi for a XV Premium Turbo Manual ? I'm being told by a few advisors that if I pay 100% cash and go for a XV Premium (and above) model..the waiting time is 2 months.

is that correct ?
Old 19th June 2021, 17:54   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurgaon_lyon View Post
Feature list looks rich, but but Thin sheet, just two airbags. And made for India car (read safety not the top priority) It is Not the car I would want to be caught in accident.
The thin sheet metal body panels that are prone to flex at the press of a thumb should not do well if hit/brushed by bicycles, bikes etc.
Old 21st June 2021, 11:49   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
The thin sheet metal body panels that are prone to flex at the press of a thumb should not do well if hit/brushed by bicycles, bikes etc.
Flexing is okay - as long as it returns to its original shape without any deformation, it's actually good that the metal is soft enough to absorb and spread out the impact of a collision rather than pass it forward into the cabin!

Just heard from Surya Nissan that all deliveries have been pushed by 2 months due to the 2-month long lockdown. Apparently, there are no CVT deliveries scheduled for July!

I'm caught in two minds now. A great vehicle, but I somehow get the feeling that Nissan is producing way fewer vehicles than someone who wants to survive in the market should be. The wait times are killing the brand and the vehicle!
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 13:34   #1191
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Then the thought of getting a Triber or a Magnite/Kiger came up. These cars are very attractively priced for the base variants and these have basic safety features covered. The Kiger even has a 4-star crash test rating! Plus they seem spacious and relatively reliable.

Views from current owners much appreciated!
The Kiger doesn't have a GNCAP rating yet - it's the Triber that has a 4 star rating. That said the Kiger should do well in the test when it happens hopefully.
As an owner I can say that the rear seating is spacious and comfortable for average sized adults, with ample leg room - and reasonably easy to get in and out. I think both the Magnite and Kiger (and the Triber - I've test driven it a couple of times) are very decent VFM options for your requirement. Perhaps the Triber might suit your need best.
wilful is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2021, 16:16   #1192
BHPian

Brilliant offroading (and offroading followup videos) on Magnite at Kailash-Mansarover

TL;DR - magnite is awesome. This was with a non-turbo XL variant vehicle (no alloys). Very very impressive.

Last edited by silverbyte : 21st June 2021 at 16:18.
Old 21st June 2021, 22:58   #1193
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan India begins export of the Magnite to Nepal, Indonesia, and South Africa.

Nissan Magnite Review-leftrearthreequarter2.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-leftrearthreequarter3.jpeg

The Nissan Magnite has received more than 760 bookings within 30 days of its launch in Nepal.

Quote:
Speaking on the occasion, Sinan Ozkok, President, Nissan Motor India, said, “Following a successful global launch, the all-new Nissan Magnite has been very well received by the Indian consumers. Having already made a mark in the Indian market with its impeccable design and the latest technology, the all-new Nissan Magnite is driving excitement among customers on a global scale. Built on the philosophy of ‘Make in India, Make for the World’, the all-new Nissan Magnite will explore more export markets after the overwhelming customer response it has received in the Nepal market. We are confident that the game changer SUV will strengthen the exports as part of the Nissan Next transformation plan for our sustainable growth.”
Source
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:48   #1194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Flexing is okay - as long as it returns to its original shape without any deformation, it's actually good that the metal is soft enough to absorb and spread out the impact of a collision rather than pass it forward into the cabin!
It may not return to its original shape, I fear.

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 22nd June 2021 at 08:06.
Old 24th June 2021, 11:26   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manu0504 View Post
Hi guys,

My sales guy called today and said there is a car (XE-model that I booked) available.
=======
Should I go for this car or wait another two months (my due date is 15th of August) for my scheduled delivery?
You should wait for your turn and get a branded music system installed in your car when your car arrives to your satisfaction or if possible take the offered car minus the already installed music system. The price appears to be on the higher side.
Fastdriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 13:13   #1196

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastdriver View Post
You should wait for your turn and get a branded music system installed in your car when your car arrives to your satisfaction or if possible take the offered car minus the already installed music system. The price appears to be on the higher side.
Yes you're right on both parts. Agent was just trying to add another margin for himself taking advantage of people's frustration with the delay. He was quoting double the market price. Have passed on the offer, will wait for another month.
manu0504 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th June 2021, 23:38   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
guys anyone know the current waiting time in Delhi for a XV Premium Turbo Manual ? I'm being told by a few advisors that if I pay 100% cash and go for a XV Premium (and above) model..the waiting time is 2 months.

is that correct ?
I wouldn't pay the entire amount if I were you. Speaking from experience, once the money is paid (whatever the amount), they make you wait even after arriving close to the delivery date with random excuses. In my case, I eventually realized that Nissan simply couldn't keep up with the demand for the Magnite, and the SA assigned to me was brilliant at making excuses such as, "you can take delivery next week", which carried on for several weeks and then later said that someone else's booking has been cancelled and they would alot that car to me. This eventually made me cancel my booking after waiting for a long time, and I ended up opting for another car instead.
Ankit998 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 09:10   #1198
BHPian

There's no guarantee that you'll get the car even if you've paid more than others. There just aren't enough vehicles moving out from the Nissan plant to meet the demand. This was the answer I got from the SA when I enquired about my booking. Plus, the monthly numbers from Jan to June have consistently indicated that Nissan sells fewer units than even the Kiger - which can be the case only if they are producing fewer units in the first place.
Hold on to your money. The last thing you want is to have lakhs tied up with a dealer who'll have a ton of excuses (starting from start-stop lockdowns) to keep you at bay.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2021, 18:40   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
There's no guarantee that you'll get the car even if you've paid more than others. There just aren't enough vehicles moving out from the Nissan plant to meet the demand. This was the answer I got from the SA when I enquired about my booking. Plus, the monthly numbers from Jan to June have consistently indicated that Nissan sells fewer units than even the Kiger - which can be the case only if they are producing fewer units in the first place.
I think the production capacity is being heavily skewed towards Kiger. My 4 month old booking of Magnite CVT is now showing an expected delivery date of December (5 more months). While I call up Renault and they say the Kiger CVT can be delivered in a month if I book now!
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2021, 22:17   #1200
BHPian

Interesting to see the Magnite among the global product line-ups and the chief design director.

Nissan Magnite Review-1624009336477.jpg

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks