Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2021, 16:14   #1066
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Finally got the car delivered on 19th Feb around 7.30 PM, after 99 days of waiting.
Congratulations Dudevarkey, this Red and Black DT is in my opinion one of the best colour options for the car and it makes it look strikingly beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
I was following a Black Magnite and Black Sonet (both top trims) driving side by side. I repeat, any day I will choose Magnite over Sonet.
The biggest difference is the design of rear in general. The Magnite's rear look is almost proportionate with the front whereas the Sonet looks like it's been squished to make it <4m. This may not be a popular opinion but I personally do not like the design of the Sonet just because of the backside. It does not garner that 2nd look once you see it go.
Shiftlock is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 16:53   #1067

Quote:
Finally got the car delivered on 19th Feb around 7.30 PM, after 99 days of waiting.
Congratulations Varkey!!!! Looks absolutely stunning in Red!!

Do you plan to get the standard Antenna replaced with a Shark fin?

Last edited by vb-saan : 24th February 2021 at 20:05. Reason: Maximum 2 smileys per post please. Thank you!
KrishnaKoka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 19:04   #1068
BHPian

Quote:
Congrats dudevarkey. Wishing you a wonderful driving and ownership experience with your new car.
alexpaul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 21:34   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Interesting interview of Biju Balendran, Managing Director, Renault Nissan Automotive India Private Limited, explaining the challenges of launching a new car in COVID times.

tj123 is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 24th February 2021, 23:01   #1070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishnaKoka View Post
Do you plan to get the standard Antenna replaced with a Shark fin?
Thanks.

Not now, heard some people saying installing shark fin antenna affects the radio reception, so will wait.
Old 25th February 2021, 18:46   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Took test drive of Magnite CVT today. Just wow! I went with much apprehension as I am not a fan of 3-cylinders and turbos. But, I was pleasantly surprised. No 3-pot shake. And, surprisingly, no turbo lag. And, CVT was just wow. Smooth linear pick-up with no peaks and valleys. Didn't go beyond 90 kph due to traffic. Overall, quite liked it. Pondering whether to book. If I do, it would be dual tone onyx red. Killer looks with excellent paint shine.
pgsagar is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 25th February 2021, 22:49   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftlock View Post
Congratulations Dudevarkey, this Red and Black DT is in my opinion one of the best colour options for the car and it makes it look strikingly beautiful.

The biggest difference is the design of rear in general. The Magnite's rear look is almost proportionate with the front whereas the Sonet looks like it's been squished to make it <4m. This may not be a popular opinion but I personally do not like the design of the Sonet just because of the backside. It does not garner that 2nd look once you see it go.
I agree with you on the rear looks. Even the Venue looks bad at the rear.
Old 25th February 2021, 23:27   #1073

Magnite XV vs RXT comparison from V3cars

Didn't realize 4 airbags were being provided from Kiger RXT trim, thought this was only in RXZ. Missed in the comparison earlier but Magnite still edges out slightly.
Old 26th February 2021, 08:33   #1074
BHPian

Booked the XV CVT a couple of days ago. They made me sign an undertaking that I understand the waiting period could be around 18 to 20 weeks.
The white color looks so much better in person than in the images. In fact, parked side by side, the white looked bigger than the dual tone blue-white variant. The SA told us he has been asked if dual tone vehicles are smaller than the single tone ones!
ChevyTeddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 12:33   #1075
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite wins Compact SUV of the Year 2021 by TopGear India. Rakesh Srivastava received the award on behalf of Nissan Family.

Nissan Magnite Review-20210226_123301.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-20210226_122946.jpg

Link
Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 17:11   #1076
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
The white color looks so much better in person than in the images. In fact, parked side by side, the white looked bigger than the dual tone blue-white variant.
I second your opinion. White Magnite looks bigger and better on road than in the images. I don't know if it is only me, I find most of the UVs bigger and better in white
Emvi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th February 2021, 18:54   #1077
BHPian

I knows it's been said before, but Magnite on the road looks absolutely fantastic! I've seen almost all the colours and all of them made me look in the rear view mirrors after the car passed me, to appreciate it.

In a sea of Venue's, Sonet's and Nexon's on the road, the Magnite manages to stand out surprisingly well, even the non DRL variants as well. The rear seems to be the most well proportioned of the C-SUV's. Only if Magnite had Kiger's interiors and better NVH (as per reports, NVH is average), it would've been the default choice in the segment.
Doonite is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 16:55   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Booked the XV CVT a couple of days ago. They made me sign an undertaking that I understand the waiting period could be around 18 to 20 weeks.
The white color looks so much better in person than in the images. In fact, parked side by side, the white looked bigger than the dual tone blue-white variant. The SA told us he has been asked if dual tone vehicles are smaller than the single tone ones!
The single tone white shade of the Magnite indeed looks beautiful. I would anyday prefer that over the Dual tone Pearl white shade which has a Yellowish hue to it.

Is there a possibility to get a black roof done at Nissan for the single tone white shade? That will looks classy IMHO.
Old 28th February 2021, 17:03   #1079

First post in Team-BHP!

Off the bat, a big Thanks to the admins for approving my membership request.
I have been following the portal for a little while only. Basically, its a one stop shop for all automotive stuff and what not for amateurs like me.
The expert reviews, opinions, knowledge sharing, etc. truly make this an unique place to be in for anyone interested in cars.

Coming to my story with the All New Nissan Magnite, I booked the beauty on Dec 10th, 2020 as soon as it was released. This is the XV Premium Turbo MT dual tone option(Blue with white roof). However, test drive was possible only 10 days later due to delays in TC registration of the vehicle, etc. Everyone in the family loved the design, space and features. For me also, it was a no-brainer

Now comes the fun part. Even when I booked the vehicle on Dec 10th directly from the dealer, I was promised vehicle would be delivered asap(No firm dates or timelines). Being a new vehicle and due to increased bookings at the local dealer(Marikkar Trivandrum, Kerala) who told they got around 600 bookings at their place alone in one week, I decided to wait. The Dealer did confirm to be my January Mid that I will be allocated my vehicle In Feb 2021(give or take 2 weeks). But the booking form had no firm date.

Funnily enough and being so naive at this point as to trust the words of the Dealer, I decided to sell off my old car(Renault Pulse RXZ Diesel 2012) as I live at my wife's place and my dad-in-law has a VW Vento in case I need to use in case of any emergency.

Came to know from other sources that the actual order with the company was placed only on Dec 19th(So a delay of 9 days from the original booking done from my end.)

After that begins the daily calls with Sales executive, escalation to AGM, Escalation to CRM, etc and all the hubris.

Even after all this and as the date of writing this(Feb 28th), there is still no firm date from the Dealer. Nissan is also involved but I am not at all positive about any concrete help from them.

My first car during my first job in Abu Dhabi, UAE was the Nissan Tiida. It was a fantastic car and I loved everything about it. Turned a Nissan fan for life. Based on these positive vibes, I decided to go ahead with the Magnite, even though it was a new product and Nissan India would have kicked the bucket if this turned out to be a failure.

I am having second thoughts in my mind about the Magnite now. Its a beautiful car with all the modern gizmos and features, but having no positive update about the allocation is making me very very uneasy.

Ooo..that new Altroz Turbo petrol in Harbor blue does look delicious and tempting.

On another note, when all this was happening, I had a chance to do a TD of the new Renault Kiger RXZ trim.

Below are some of the cons I felt on the Kiger when compared to the Magnite. These are my observations and may or may not differ from the others in the forum:

1. The Kiger feels a tad bit bigger when compared to the Magnite from the driver's seat. I am talking about the handling perspective. Magnite feels a lot more compact even though based on the same platform.
2. I felt the interior plastic quality was not as good as the ones on the Magnite. Especially, the top RXZ trim is all hard plastic including on the inner driver side handle rest area. The Magnite has a fabric finish in the XV Premium option.
3. The top trims of the RXZ comes with 4 airbags and ABS+EBD as standard. However this pales in comparison to what the Magnite offers: ABS+EBD, HSA, Traction Control, Vehicle Stability Control,TPMS and more. The cherry on the cake is the 5 star rating from ASEAN NCAP.
4. This is purely a personal choice, But I love the design of the Magnite over the Kiger anyday.

So there is my story in a nutshell..Once again a big Thanks to the admins, mods, reviewers, SME and all the members for making this site the best.

Happy motoring!!
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-magnite.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 28th February 2021 at 17:58. Reason: Smileys = 2 per post. Please go through the rules of the forum. Welcome aboard and congratulations on the booking. :)
ashka83 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 21:05   #1080
BHPian

does anyone know what kind of no-dep insurance policy do Nissan dealers force you to take ?

I'm planning a XV Premium Turbo Manual and i got some idea that the no-dep policy is a 3 years for 42K.

The quotes for policybazaar are like 28k for the same one. Any ideas here ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks