Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th March 2021, 09:51   #1111
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

I have seen the Magnite once before on road, and it had nice presence, even though the compact dimensions. Today, I had the opportunity to drive behind one.

Nice presence from the front and the rear - side three quarters.

But somehow gave a Kwid vibe from the rear.
Nissan Magnite Review-img_20210312_0910346932.jpg

A comparo with the bigger Mahindra XUV500
Nissan Magnite Review-img_20210312_0914001642.jpg

Personally, love this view of the Magnite
Nissan Magnite Review-img_20210312_0914071412.jpg

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 12th March 2021 at 09:52.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 12th March 2021, 09:56   #1112
BHPian

Hi guys. My update to get my refund after my experience with Mumbai dealer is still status quo. The Mumbai dealer is a joke. Please stay away from this product unless Nissan doesn't open a competing dealership. I assure you, the level of customer service will be completely different. Guys let's understand their 'business'. They're solitary dealers in Mumbai. We have to be crazy to think, they'll offer us good customer service, if we are standing in a queue outside their showrooms with our money to buy their cars. They're too regressive to realise that tipping points move very quickly when a customer is spending a million rupees. It's not a 15000 rupee phone. The sales rep calls me, asks for more details. I provide them. She hangs up. I just don't understand how to solve this for all of us. I feel like actually writing to Rakesh Shrivastava ji. I saw his interview with some auto YouTube channels. And Nissan came across as a customer centric company from what he spoke. But he just spoke about the products.
Really bad. 😞
Old 12th March 2021, 12:25   #1113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bismaya View Post
Can anyone tell me what's the height of the driver seat on the base model (XE/XL)? I have booked the XE variant and there isn't a TD unit available. I have test ridden the XV Turbo and NA which has adjustable seat height. I am curious if anyone can shed some light about the base model. Would be a lot helpful.

What is the seat height of the XE variant in comparision to the adjustable seat of the XV/XV (P). Is at the top most height or at the bottom in adjustment terms?
This was one of my concerns when I had recently taken a TD of the CVT top model. The sales guy told me that in the XE variant, the sitting position is 3-4 levels down from the highest position. That means seat will be almost almost at the mid level, little biased towards low.

However, Magnite is best enjoyed with seat height set to low. You sit "in" the car, as opposed to other cars like Brezza, etc. A higher sitting made me uncomfortable in Magnite. As it turned out, I did not like the driver sitting position too much in an otherwise great car. This was the deal breaker in the end.

Last edited by BhaskarG : 12th March 2021 at 12:54. Reason: Refined the language.
Old 13th March 2021, 00:02   #1114
BHPian

The Magnite does look really nice and very well proportioned when you see it from the perspective of a beefed up hatchback. Not so much of an SUV. The sheer value for money offered by the product is such a relief in this era of overpriced and highly taxed vehicles.

All it needs are wider and larger tires.

Honestly, the term SUV has been abused to the 'T' by marketing teams of most of the auto manufactures SUV or not it's so much of a car for the money it asks.
Old 13th March 2021, 01:14   #1115

Nissan customer service is definitely lacking. Had booked in end of December and till date dont have a delivery date or any even a simple communication from either dealer or Nissan. getting a booking ID itself was a hassle from the dealer. Have emailed Nissan customer care after patiently waiting for 2 months. Been almost a week still dont have a proper response from Nissan customer service other than that they have reached out to their dealer.

Anyone else in similar situation?
Old 13th March 2021, 07:33   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
But somehow gave a Kwid vibe from the rear.
Then wait till you see the Kiger from Renault, I had hard time distinguishing it from the latest Kwid.
Latheesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 09:04   #1117
BHPian

With the plant being shared between Nissan and Renault (and, koff, koff, Datsun), I'm guessing the maximum Magnites they can churn out would be less than half than if they had the facility for themselves.
Add to it the fact that Kiger production started well in advance of the launch, and you pretty much have a production capacity of (I'm guessing) 3 to 5k Magnites a month. Given that the Magnite registered nearly 30k bookings in December itself (and a month's production limit in just the first week), it's no wonder even December bookings are yet to be delivered in March.
With shortages in semiconductor and steel, I'm not sure the plant can scale up production beyond a point even if they wanted to. So for clearing 40k bookings, it will take Nissan the better part of a year - no matter what the CEO says.
On a different note, Renault played it smart with the Kiger. They waited to see the demand for the Magnite, tested the waters and then started producing cars way before the launch so that they can pull some of the traffic from Nissan with shorter delivery schedules. Nissan might have been counting on the excess capacity that Renault would have freed up if the Kiger hadn't gone into mass-scale production this early!
ChevyTeddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 09:06   #1118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrishnaKoka View Post
Nissan customer service is definitely lacking. Had booked in end of December and till date dont have a delivery date or any even a simple communication from either dealer or Nissan. getting a booking ID itself was a hassle from the dealer. Have emailed Nissan customer care after patiently waiting for 2 months. Been almost a week still dont have a proper response from Nissan customer service other than that they have reached out to their dealer.

Anyone else in similar situation?
I had booked in mid Feb and have not got any proper communication on the booking ID or delivery date estimate. I mailed the customer service and got a prompt but canned response that they would look into it.
Don't expect much looking at the other experiences on this thread. In comparison, I had also considered sonet and booked it just before switching to magnite and kia's communication had been clear and quick. Even the cancellation was done smoothly.
nma83 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 09:12   #1119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
I had booked in mid Feb and have not got any proper communication on the booking ID or delivery date estimate.
Did you check your email (spam folder too)? I was expecting an SMS with the booking ID, but it came in an email a week after I'd made the booking. Not that it will help you with the delivery estimates because there is no way to check it up until closer to the actual delivery date
Old 13th March 2021, 11:21   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BhaskarGoswami View Post
This was one of my concerns when I had recently taken a TD of the CVT top model. The sales guy told me that in the XE variant, the sitting position is 3-4 levels down from the highest position. That means seat will be almost almost at the mid level, little biased towards low.

However, Magnite is best enjoyed with seat height set to low. You sit "in" the car, as opposed to other cars like Brezza, etc. A higher sitting made me uncomfortable in Magnite. As it turned out, I did not like the driver sitting position too much in an otherwise great car. This was the deal breaker in the end.
What is your height? I agree the rest of everything you said.
Bismaya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2021, 14:54   #1121
BHPian

I don't know what's wrong with Nissan India and why they are unable to control their dealers such as Neo Nissan ( Surprised that Neo was the first NHPC in India )

It was near impossible to get the RC for my vehicle - the dealership staff upon being told that the committed dates are on email told me "apna email apne pass rakh" and "nahin karunga tumhari car register. Jo karna hai kar lo"

I had asked them to refund the amount as well as "agent charges" if they are unable to get the car registered so I can get it done on my own. Finally after a lot of heated argument vehicle was registered and RC has come ~5 days back.

I have been chasing for a refund for two months as I no longer wanted to get the tech pack after looking at the speaker model and the wait just gets longer. Even the NCB endorsement on my insurance policy which should have been a routine matter has turned into reminders and follow ups with no response whatsoever except "we will check and get back to you"

Guys, unsolicited advice, stay away from Neo Nissan. Choose any other dealer except these guys. It doesn't matter how polite, patient or silent you are - these guys will awaken the monster inside you and make you lose a part of your soul just so that you are able to atleast bear the nonsense they throw at you.

I have finally escalated my issues to Nissan ASM today who has promised to look into them next week.

IMO, if this is how Nissan dealers behave, no matter how good the vehicles are, word of mouth will ensure that people avoid Nissan.
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th March 2021, 12:01   #1122
BHPian

I felt the Kiger's and Magnite's rear middle seat unusable for anything other than short journeys, as the armrest when folded back, does protrude outwards more than the comfort threshold. It is hard and too straight as well to the spine.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-renaultkigerrearseat.jpeg  

Last edited by Singer_Shower : 14th March 2021 at 12:22. Reason: Corrected grammar.
Old 16th March 2021, 11:00   #1123
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India has announced 100 winners in the first round of its special valentines program.

Sourabh Bhattacharya from Ghaziabad, YouWe Nissan dealership has won a 100 percent cashback on his Magnite. Additionally, eight customers have won a complimentary upgrade by one variant. The rest of the winners are listed on the Nissan India website Winners List

Quote:
Speaking on the occasion, Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India, said, “The all-new Nissan Magnite has received an overwhelming response and customers are eagerly waiting to drive the big, bold, beautiful, and charismatic SUV. Congratulations to all the 100 winners of the Valentine's program, which makes their wait worthwhile.”
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 16th March 2021 at 11:02.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 14:27   #1124
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Nissan India has announced 100 winners in the first round of its special valentines program.
Surprised, Chennai (base ground) is filled with unlucky buyers I hope. Not even a single winner.
Out of 100 winners from 77 cities, Hyderabad bags 7 followed by 6 from Delhi.
Mr.Boss is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th March 2021, 15:39   #1125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Surprised, Chennai (base ground) is filled with unlucky buyers I hope. Not even a single winner.
Out of 100 winners from 77 cities, Hyderabad bags 7 followed by 6 from Delhi.
Gambling and lottery is banned in Tamilnadu. Hence you do not see any winner from Tamilnadu. Same reason why Dream11 is not available in Tamilnadu.
arunramaswamy is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks