Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2024, 15:41   #1636

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick07 View Post
Hi, 7000 kms seems to be too early for brake pads to wear out in normal conditions. I recently changed brake pads on my Fortuner for the first time at 74000 kms. Definitely something is not right either with the pads or at the dealership. If i remember correctly brake pads lasted 72000 kms on my Skoda Octavia as well. Coming to CVTs first brake pad change was done on my wife's Baleno CVT at 35000 kms.
Thanks Maverick for your response. I have a follow up post. It turns out that the service advisor misdiagnosed the need to replace the break pads - quoting my follow up post below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimystic01 View Post
Update: (23-Jan-'24). I went to the Nissan service centre to get the brake pads changed. However, my regular service advisor was on leave. Hence, another advisor assessed the brake pads and told me that the pads can go on for another 20,000 kms at the least. He even measured and showed me the depth of the pads which was around 13+mm. Therefore, there is no need to change the pads now.

My regular advisor just did a visual inspection the other day and told me that the pads have worn out. I'm not technically well versed so I believed his words. The Manager proactively told me that they are seeking explanation as to why the advisor suggested me to replace the pads when it was not needed.

Anyway, I'm glad that I don't need to replace the pads every 6000 kms.
optimystic01 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 16:30   #1637
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hridy911 View Post

2. The power windows don’t work unless the engine is on. This is annoying sometimes. Is there any fix to this? Am i doing something wrong?

3. I drive between Bangalore and Kochi at least once every month and that makes up most of my driving. Is there any good neck-rest that you recommend specifically for the car?
Seems this is the default behaviour of Renault and Nisan cars with button start stop. Try this: start the engine, lower the window. Stop the engine, and without opening any door, try to roll the window up. In my Triber it used to work until one of the doors was opened.
Irritating, but it is what it is!

As for the neck rest bit, I would suggest consulting an orthopaedic doctor before getting the neck rest. From what I have experienced first hand, it creates more issues than solutions. I have cervical spondylitis and neck rest are a big no for me.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2024, 16:53   #1638
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Our neighbour, also a close friend, is bothered by the unreliability of his non-turbo Magnite. Registered in February 2023, the car lit up its dashboard lights like a Christmas tree, the first time in August 2023, and again in early January. The first time around, the Nissan service centre (Youwe Nissan at Okhla, New Delhi) returned the car after resetting the error, and no other action. In January, they cleaned the injectors, reset the error and returned the car, without pinpointing why the problem happened.

The friend travel outstation as well as drives long distances for work, and he is now terrified that the car will give up on him without notice.

I can see madmax_rak suffered a similar issue below...

Consistency, Reliability and Durability are the key attributes when it comes to products like Car. Hence established Brands charge the price premium. While this doesn't mean that their products will not have any field issues, but response would be usually faster since they have relative large population of vehicles on road from where they draw the experience and trained manpower at the dealership.

The MID pics posted by you show the malfunctioning to multiple systems. This is very unlikely in a short span of time. Suggest
(1) Ask the dealership to check the functioning of Engine Control Unit (ECU) which is a main interface with other systems. If you are comfortable for DIY check the same yourself as well with OBD.
(2) Get the full software scan done at the Dealership
(3) Show the Car to some other Nissan dealership
(4) Write to the Company on its Social media handle if none of the above works.

Last edited by 007maverick : 19th February 2024 at 17:06.
007maverick is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2024, 22:06   #1639

I can empathize with you. The bigger challange is that the service center guys have no clue. And frankly, Nissan does not seem to care.

The solution I would suggest is to sell it off and go to a more reliable brand.

I sold off my Magnite in one year time. Here was my post.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...14-months.html (Fed up of problems & bad after-sales | Sold my Nissan Magnite CVT in 14 months)
Old 12th April 2024, 15:51   #1640
RMG

I have an update from Nissan India regarding every Magnite XE and XL variant car produced till December 2023.

They are conducting a voluntary recall to retrofit something called "Front door handle sensors". While the specific details of the enhancement aren't explicitly mentioned in the communication, from what I have been told, it is something related to the auto door unlock in case of a crash. As per the communication, it will take 40 minutes to install and will be free of cost.

Official notice given on the website has been attached with this post.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-recall.jpg  

RMG is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st April 2024, 15:00   #1641

I have a 1 month old Nissan Magnite turbo CVT which has clocked somewhere around 2000km. I found 2 things I wanted to share in this forum just to see if anyone else is facing a similar issue.
  1. The brakes were weak during the PDI. I asked the service center to make it right before I take delivery and when I went for taking delivery, the brakes seemed fine. However, during the time I was using it for the past 2k Km, hard brakings are not confidence inspiring. The car when braked hard, would slow down, but the final stopping has a slight 1-2 second delay, when the brakes don't bite and after 1 second, it stops fine. It's slightly unnerving as you miss your estimate of where your car would stop. I have a Swift as my other car and the brakes work perfectly there.
  2. The headlights have a dark bar in the light beam. I don't know if it is due to the LED Biprojector beams being misaligned. Have attached a video of it.

Does anyone else have these problems?
Old 22nd April 2024, 01:15   #1642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineqq View Post
  1. The car when braked hard, would slow down, but the final stopping has a slight 1-2 second delay, when the brakes don't bite and after 1 second, it stops fine. It's slightly unnerving as you miss your estimate of where your car would stop. I have a Swift as my other car and the brakes work perfectly there.
  2. The headlights have a dark bar in the light beam. I don't know if it is due to the LED Biprojector beams being misaligned. Have attached a video of it.

Does anyone else have these problems?

I am not sure about your brake issue - I haven't noticed such behaviour as far as I am aware, though I haven't done a controlled hard braking to be sure.

Does your swift have ABS?

What you are saying sounds quite a bit like what the ABS system would do when you are about to lock up the tyres and slip/slide? You may also hear the metallic grinding/rubbing (not squeaking like a a gate or metal joint without oil, but a deeper metallic sound, like a heavy metal table/almirah is being pulled/pushed on a concrete/cemented floor.) sound if that is happening.

As for the second issue about the headlight - its there in my car too. I have checked it quite closely - including aligning the beams myself - and to the best of my knowledge its because of the design and not something you can fix.

The high-beam LED isn't aligned to overlap with the low-beam led and thats what appears as the black bar that you are talking about. The issue is more visible because the lens/reflector combo has a tight spread and so keep to their alignments without "spreading" the light to allow for the overlap.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2024, 20:28   #1643

Yes, probably it was the ABS only as I can't see this issue when I am not braking hard.
As for the headlight issue, Nissan should have corrected this at source. A black bar across headlight beam is a distraction.
But thanks for confirming.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks