Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th November 2023, 19:33   #1606
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by NagarjunaB View Post
...although its probably better to get engine oil change at 8k(or even less) too, better to be safe than than sorry, it doesnt cost much either.

I too intend to get cvt fluid changed after 30k km(or even earlier if car didn't travel much).
I agree 100%. I am going to get my engine oil change (along with oil filter, air filter) done during my 10k km service (which I will get earlier at 8000km as you suggested. I also have half a mind to get the CVT fluid replaced during this first service only, because the break in period would have resulted in a lot of metal particles in the CVT fluid, which I want to flush as soon as possible.

With CVTs (especially JATCO CVTs) are notoriously sensitive to dirty CVT Fluid.

There's a thread by fellow BHPian on his Baleno CVT (which is the same JATCO unit as our Magnites) facing issues at 32k on the odo.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...way-ahead.html (CVT automatic transmission overheats on my Maruti-Suzuki Baleno - The way ahead?)

This is why I've decided to get ATF fluid replaced at my first service itself. I'm willing to pay for it to prevent headaches in the future.

We have to get CVT Fluid replaced, the filter and the strainer assembly filter (which is inside the gearbox). I'm not sure how competent the service staff is going to be. I'm willing to apply for a leave and supervise this at the workshop myself for a peace of mind.

When I was purchasing the vehicle, I asked the service advisor how much would the cost of CVT Fluid replacement be, he mentioned something in the ballpark of 8k to 10k (which is quite a lot IMHO, but it's worth taking to prevent lakhs of expense later on).
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 11:45   #1607
BHPian

Hi everyone - I am planning to book a magnite XE as a 2nd car for my wife.Just wanted to check if I should go for the Nissan touch screen system setup for 28k which includes 4 speakers and rear camera. Is it good and reliable? Or I am better off getting an after market setup for around 28k?
Old 6th December 2023, 12:04   #1608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddevilgautam View Post
Hi everyone - I am planning to book a magnite XE as a 2nd car for my wife.Just wanted to check if I should go for the Nissan touch screen system setup for 28k which includes 4 speakers and rear camera. Is it good and reliable? Or I am better off getting an after market setup for around 28k?
It is worth it; it works smoothly, and a rear camera would be helpful too. Doing an aftermarket setup will always be sluggish; it can never match up with the setup from Nissan itself, and there will be a warranty too.

If you are keen on an aftermarket setup but considering extended warranty and Gold Care AMC, then it is wise to go with the Nissan touchscreen which will be from Crosslink. Not the same model from higher variant which is fine, android system is way better than that.

However, be aware that the warranty will not be covered for the car if you choose an aftermarket setup.
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2023, 15:24   #1609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
Hi All,

I've had the misfortune of receiving a dent and a few scratches to my beloved car today.

Below is the dashcam footage
https://Youtu.be/Hvk3NLJkIxM

I'm thoroughly disappointed and sad about scratches to my car! I keep thinking if there was a way I could have avoided this. Perhaps I should have pilot braked before actual braking. I didn't think my braking was so sudden as to be considered as an emergency halt!

Should I claim insurance for these scratches? What would the cost be!

I know I should expect scratches and dents to cars in the city but this is heart-breaking!

I asked the motorist if he was ok and then asked him why he didn't brake! He said blandly that he braked but the vehicle didn't stop. I can however see in my own dashcam footage he was in fact accelerating while my vehicle was slowing down. He should have seen my brake lights come on!
Rub the area using colgate white tooth paste along with water. Most of the black thing will vanish. Only thing remaining will be dents but they are also very small and not that prominent. That is another plus of having white car.
The area where underground metal/plastic is visible, that can be concealed with white correction pen.
Dr.Abhi is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th December 2023, 23:02   #1610

How are things supposed to go after a crash, can someone explain me? I recently got into a crash with an Auto driver. He sideswiped me, causing me to crash into 3 other parked 2 wheelers, and fled away saying "Jo karna hai karle, mai kuch nahi Dene wala" plus some slurs . Me being a non native maharashtrian, did not got involve any further because I've seen how things go with us.
After talking with the owners of the 3 scooters, they recommended to to lodge a police report and claim insurance. (Which I did, after waiting for almost 2hrs, while being injured on my leg, which they knew! All because the police man was busy enjoying some tales of a businessman -_-)

But my doubt is, shouldn't the party that causes the accident be liable? How are things supposed to go? Do you call the police on the spot? Please enlighten me!
Old 5th January 2024, 17:32   #1611
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Yes, I reached out to the dealership, and they informed me that I won't be getting the same infotainment system. Instead, they mentioned a company called "Crosslink," but I'm not sure if it's worth considering. They didn't provide a demo, so I'm uncertain about the potential lag or performance.
Hi Raptor,

I am looking at the Magnite XL as a replacement for my 2017 Tiago. Did you get the Crosslink system fixed and if yes, how does it perform? Is it well integrated with the car? Thanks in advance.

Ram
marsbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 13:25   #1612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
Hi Raptor,

I am looking at the Magnite XL as a replacement for my 2017 Tiago. Did you get the Crosslink system fixed and if yes, how does it perform? Is it well integrated with the car? Thanks in advance.

Ram
Hi Ram,

Yes, I have fixed the cross-link system, and it was working well until last week. Suddenly, the WiFi is getting automatically disabled. I have reached the service center, and they provided me with the cross-link customer care. However, whenever they reach out to me, I am not in the car to troubleshoot. Most probably, they will ask me to perform a hard reset to check if the issue is fixed or not. I am yet to do it. Due to this, I am unable to use CarPlay or connect to the internet, but the Bluetooth connection is working fine for songs. Apart from this minor issue, it worked well for me.

It integrated well with CarPlay and the touchscreen, and it was smooth. I never used the actual system software; I always used CarPlay.
Old 8th January 2024, 13:32   #1613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor_diwan View Post
Yes, I have fixed the cross-link system, and it was working well until last week. Suddenly, the WiFi is getting automatically disabled.
Thanks for the information . Hope your issue gets resolved soon. Guess I will also go for it as it seems to be functioning well other than this glitch with Apple Carplay.

Cheers
Ram
marsbhp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2024, 14:08   #1614
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsbhp View Post
Thanks for the information . Hope your issue gets resolved soon. Guess I will also go for it as it seems to be functioning well other than this glitch with Apple Carplay.

Cheers
Ram
Hey Ram,

It's all sorted now. They gave me a PIN "7890" for a hard reset, did that, and problem solved. Also, updated the OS, and it's working like a charm now.
Old 10th January 2024, 13:08   #1615

Hi BHPians,

My magnite vehicle (XV Premium Turbo Manual) is equipped with stock LED projector headlights. The thing is recently I've noticed my left headlight to be hitting bottom end of the road not farther. When checked the bulb/projector unit of left headlight seems to be misaligned and it seems like it's fell down out of the holder a little.

I've opened the engine bay and found out at the back of headlight there is adjustment screw and i twisted it .. then that headlight bulb came back into place.. And the light also looked correctly aligned.

But when I hit the road, if there is any small bump the car hits, again the bulb seems to fall down from the holder and the light is again hitting bottom of the road.

When asked service guy, they say they've no idea about how this happened and he says we need to replace it with new one which costs 21000 rupees.

Does anyone face the same issue which I am facing?
Old 17th January 2024, 20:26   #1616
BHPian

I've XV Premium CVT and LED headlights, I didn't face this issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rssah77 View Post
When asked service guy, they say they've no idea about how this happened and he says we need to replace it with new one which costs 21000 rupees.
Also, did I read this right? He quoted Rs. 21,000 (21 Thousand) For headlight replacement?

That's grossly expensive! What are they making the headlight out of? Gold?
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2024, 20:20   #1617

Hello Everyone!

I purchased a Nissan Magnite CVT (Auto) towards the end of May 2023. As of today(19 Jan '24) it has clocked 6700 kms on the odo.

I went to the nearest official Nissan service centre for wheel alignment and balancing on the advice of a friend who suggested that its good have this done every 5000 kms since the roads in Bangalore roads are in bad condition. Turns out it was not necessary.

During the visual inspection, I was informed by the service agent today that the brake pads are worn out and need replacement. He also mentioned that if the pads are not replaced immediately, the discs will also wear out and will need replacement.

I was shocked that the brake pads of Magnite need to be replaced so early. When I expressed my dissatisfaction to the advisor, he mentioned two things:
1. The brake pads of the CVT do wear out faster than the manual.
2. Perhaps I was braking a lot.

For #1, I would request other Magnite CVT owners if they have had to replace their brake pads within 7K which still seems very early

For#2, my counter will be this: I have owned a Maruti Alto, Maruti Baleno and Ford Fiesta earlier. I have never had to replace the pads so early. The minimum I have clocked for a replacement has been 20,000 kms.

I escalated this matter to the Nissan customer care. I wanted to check if they can replace the pads free of charge since its a reflection of the poor quality - at least in my view. I was told that the brake pads are not covered under extended warranty and I will need to pay from my pocket. I'm OK to pay as long as it is justified. Hypothetically, If I use this car for approximately 1,00,000 kms, I will be spending close to 60,000 INR just for replacing brake pads. Then the additional threat of replacing the discs. Not to mention the time and effort I will be spending.

Would my fellow BhPians have any suggestions / advice for me? I'm thinking of approaching the consumer court.
Old 21st January 2024, 02:10   #1618
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimystic01 View Post
I'm thinking of approaching the consumer court.
I think it would just be easier to replace the pads with aftermarket ones from Bosch or TVS Apache. I've read somewhere that they are better quality. They also reduce the noise from the brakes during cold starts. I too have a CVT and yes the brakes on automatic cars do wear out faster because the brakes are always in use at low speed traffic. We're essentially slowing the car down through brakes and not through reducing input power like we do in manual cars. Plus little to no engine braking as compared to manual cars.

It's a known fact that the OEM pads are not of good quality. So we'd just be better off with after market brake pads.
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2024, 11:30   #1619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
Enjoying my Nissan Magnite CVT turbo. Already crossed 10K.

I am looking for a comprehencive post regarding upgrading stock speakers. EVen though the speakers are from infinity, they are not really very high quality and definitely not at audiophile level. I request someone to create a detailed post on how to change stock speakers.
Why no post so far on speaker upgrade in Nissan Magnite?
Old 22nd January 2024, 13:25   #1620
BHPian

My brother in law is looking to buy the Magnite XY premium (o) cvt
His budget is 10 to 13 and he's looking for a csuv.
He td'd a lot of cars himself (i was unaware that he's looking to buy a car that point) and he liked the Magnite the most, biggest reason being my23 single white car avability.

I test drove the car yesterday and it seemed decent to me. I am not well versed with this segment and i have mostly driven manuals so i won't comment on the car/drive nuances.

Things i am not liking:
There is only 1 car of my23 available (coincidentally in white which my BIL wants)
Onroad is 13.64 and they are offering a discount of 95k bringing it down to 12.69. Is this a good offer?

Biggest red flag for me right now is; Car is may 23 *billed* as per the SA. Why will a May billed car still be available till Jan? Is it normal for Nissan?
During discussion they stated warranty starts from May23 as the car is already billed to them(so we loose almost 8 months of warranty) and they are offering+3 extended warranty but that will also be till May.
I queried as per my knowledge, the warranty should start when i purchase it and not when it was billed to you. His answered that the discount we're offered is being given in the first place since it's already a billed car. Today he messages my BIL and says that the car is unbilled one and warranty starts from when we buy it.
Utter confusion or we are being played.

Should we go ahead with the car, push for more discounts? I read almost the entire thread yesterday and it seems to me to forgo the 95k discount and go for my24 car. But my BIL is impatient types. He like the nexon too but can't wait 3 months for a car.
My 15 days old niece will be using this car to travel so i wanted max safety, but unfortunately kushaq and the likes are not fitting in his budget. And he's not giving me time to seach for a good used car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks