Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th December 2020, 10:59   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

That is quite some waiting period! In my opinion it is high enough to turn away some buyers (not that Nissan will really care - they have their plate full for the moment!). But well done Nissan, your last shot at the Indian market is indeed a blockbuster hit. Lets hope they ramp up production somehow & manage to bring down the waiting period
Old 29th December 2020, 11:12   #857
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
[b]base XE variant waiting period is now more than 8 months.
Booked XV Premium CVT DT (Flare Garnet Red & Onyx Black) on 13th Nov, and no idea about delivery date. The dealer is getting their first shipment in the first week of Jan and deliveries start from 9th Jan - Only Silver colour in XV Pre CVT. They are saying in the second shipment also Red is not there.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 11:22   #858
Senior - BHPian

Attached is the quick reference guide for Nissan Magnite , it worth going through it once for Magnite customers.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Quick-reference-Guide-MAGNITE.pdf (1.64 MB, 1591 views)
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 12:16   #859
BHPian

Magnite Owners Manual
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nissan-Magnite-Owners-Manual-.pdf (9.03 MB, 4030 views)

Last edited by dudevarkey : 29th December 2020 at 12:17.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 13:09   #860
BHPian

Finally I took the test drive of both MT and CVT variants of Magnite. I have booked the CVT XL variant prior to this to keep the price locked (as promised by Nissan).

Here are my observations :

+ves :
1. Stunning looks. Very balanced and most proportionate 4 meter CSUV in its class. It may not be as tall or wide as some of its competitors but it makes up with a great design overall.
2. Space management is pretty sorted. Front seat space is good. Rear seat has got adequate knee room and headroom. The width wont allow three people to seat comfortably though. A kid can fit in. Floor is flat for better comfort. Boot space is again reasonable and wont be thing to complain about.
3. 1.0 Turbo has got meat. It is pretty responsive and can give you brisk acceleration with four people on board. Midrange is strong and that matters a lot.
4. CVT is smooth in terms of power delivery. The acceleration is very linear and thanks to the torque on offer, the rubber band effect is not prominent. Just like the Manual version the CVT can be a brisk performer as well.
5. The ride felt sorted. I think the car can handle bad roads with decent authority. It is not a smooth and sophisticated setup to keep the outside noise away but the body feels reasonably solid on bad roads. High speed stability should be good well.
6. LED headlamp setup looked good in the dusk. Spread should be nice and thick.

-ves :
1. Vibrations ! The 3 cylinder thrum is considerable. CVT in particular felt very noisy at idle and at slow speeds. The whine of CVT transmission makes it not so impressive. MT is little better in this regard and more acceptable. I wonder how the car will age with time. Hopefully the noise and vibes don't increase over time. Don't expect 4 cylinder Honda/Hyundai kind of silence. Diesel lovers would feel at home though
2. The clutch in the MT is heavy. It is heavier than the Dzire DDIS which I own. Very aggressive while releasing and it can be little annoying in the traffic.
3. 360 Degree Camera has got embarrassingly poor resolution. Instead of such gimmicky they can simply have a single back camera with good resolution.
4. Steering calibration isnt perfect. It has got unnecessary weight at low speeds and the feedback isnt very direct.

Neutral points :
1. Interior doesnt look too cheap or bad. It is pretty reasonable. Doors feel adequate and not Maruti light while closing. There are some fit and finish issues but not terribly bad anywhere.
2. Digital console looks funky and the display quality is good. It takes some getting used to though. The Tachometer reading is little difficult to understand while driving.
3. Infotainment system is fine. Not great not bad or laggy as some competitors either.
4. The 6 speaker non JBL system sounds fine. Nothing much to complain here.

Nissan Magnite. Its stance when compared with Creta and Kicks.

Nissan Magnite Review-nissan-magnite.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-white-color.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-nissan-creta-side.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-nissan-creta.jpeg

Dashboard layout. Neat ! The speedo console and good looking steering wheel improve the ambience.
Nissan Magnite Review-dashboard.jpeg

Poor quality of 360 Degree camera.
Nissan Magnite Review-360-degree.jpeg

ACC Controls and Switches.
Nissan Magnite Review-acc-controls.jpeg

Boot space is adequate.
Nissan Magnite Review-boot-space.jpeg

All the textures used in the cabin is visible here.
Nissan Magnite Review-different-textures.jpeg

Door panels have gap. Though it is uniform.
Nissan Magnite Review-door-panel-gap.jpeg

Door Lock/Unlock hinges are well made unlike what some reviews had to say.
Nissan Magnite Review-door-unlock.jpeg

Front doors.
Nissan Magnite Review-front-door.jpeg

Gear lever has got slightly long throws.
Nissan Magnite Review-gearbox.jpeg

Glovebox alignment looked fine. Depth is nice.
Nissan Magnite Review-glovebox.jpeg

Some misfit parts.
Nissan Magnite Review-msifit-plastics.jpeg

Rear doors. The Denim like materials on door pad would last well. Will be easy to clean too.
Nissan Magnite Review-rear-door.jpeg

Rubber beadings look bad here.
Nissan Magnite Review-rubber-beading.jpeg

Steering is well made.
Nissan Magnite Review-steering-leather.jpeg

Wheel cladding is bit too big but would protect the panels well.
Nissan Magnite Review-wheelcladding.jpeg

Last edited by Turbokick : 29th December 2020 at 13:16.
Turbokick is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 03:25   #861
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
Poor quality of 360 Degree camera.
And poor typography too. But spelling error shouldn't impede safe maneuvering.
k_kumar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 09:44   #862
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_kumar View Post
I'm no language master, but why don't you recheck Google says Nissan is correct.
xjosephjacob is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 10:40   #863
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_kumar View Post
You are correct - Maneuvering (US). Your computer will show this as correct spelling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xjosephjacob View Post
I'm no language master, but why don't you recheck Google says Nissan is correct.
Nissan is also correct and since in India we follow British English (really?), Nissan is more accurate - Manoeuvring (UK)

And this is the third post for a spelling confusion.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 30th December 2020 at 10:48.
dudevarkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 12:06   #864
BHPian

Thanks for clarifying. The UK spelling completely went out of my mind. Now I can vaguely remember the presence of 'o' in the word, but can't recall when I last saw the British spelling! Nissan is correct indeed.
k_kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 13:19   #865
BHPian

Managed to get a test-drive of the Magnite Turbo XV Premium (Manual) yesterday by being the first at the showroom (Marikkar Nissan in Trivandrum).
My impressions:
1. Really easy ingress/egress
2. Clutch is not very forgiving - stalled a couple of times while I was trying to find the sweet spot for change-engage-move. But it's also easy to get the hang of, especially when you are on the move, and then shifting gears was very smooth.
3. No vibrations when stationary or moving at low speeds. Having been tempted to consider a change of wheels only because of the Magnite, I was a bit disappointed when people mentioned that vibrations are significant (read, uncomfortable). I paid special attention to this aspect, but nowhere did I feel that the vibrations were a problem. At idle and with clutch fully engaged, I wasn't even sure the engine was running.
Addendum: During one of the stalls, I wasn't aware that the vehicle had stopped. When I restarted the car, I wasn't sure if the engine had come back on - it was that smooth.
4. Suspension isn't one of the reasons to buy the car, though. That said, over-inflated tyres ("as it came from the factory," was the SA's response to my query) could be a cause. There was wobbling, but even on a really bad road, there was never a feeling of being thrown around.
5. Power steering is LIGHT. I'm used to the Ritz's strong, solid PS. Magnite's steering feels like the old i10's, but even lighter. For a significantly bigger vehicle, it might take some getting used to.
6. Audio quality on the stock setup is more than passable - it's as good as the setup I have on my Ritz (which was an after-market installation and tuned to my liking)

Special note to the staff for not blindly sticking to rules ("test-drives only for those who have booked the car") and giving me a spin. They were informed but not pushy. And clearly buoyed up by the demand they are seeing. I'm told there are 500+ bookings for the showroom since the launch and wait-times are now 24 weeks+ for the Manual XV Premium, and 32+ weeks for the base XE.

TLDR, good test drive. Almost tempted to book the XV Premium before the prices go up tomorrow.
ChevyTeddy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st December 2020, 20:08   #866
BHPian

In a search for a CSUV for my brother in law and we took Magnite too into consideration. AutoRelli Nissan dealer at Mount Road Chennai. Showroom was crowded and there were a bunch of deliveries that were happening. Nissan never in its dreams would have thought of this craze for them. We couldn't get a TD as there were lot of booking and waiting for the TD itself. So went through the display car and here are my observations

1. Imposing stance. Decent overall size. Looks bold and beautiful.
2. There seems to be lot of space between the grill and the radiator. Gives even more bigger appeal.
3. Fit and finish could have been better. A compromise for the price in my opinion
4. A, B, C Pedals were close and I didn't feel it comfortable reaching to them. Space was less in the foot area.
5. IRVM felt very cheap as if, its picked from a regular fancy store with rough edges.
6. We didn't like the AC vents design. Love/Hate.
7. we could see the car flex everywhere we pressed it. Comparable to Maruti Wagon R/Celerio.
8. Bonnet was not so strong/ had weight when compared with say XUV 300/ Sonet/ Ecosport.

Some how it didn't pull our strings to book for a TD and further enquiry. We are moving away from Magnite.

Last edited by saisree : 31st December 2020 at 20:11.
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 01:35   #867
BHPian

Nissan Magnite scores 4 Stars in ASEAN NCAP. Kudos.
Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot-20210101-1.30.19-am.jpg

Link:
https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=5220
SportsMedicine is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 01:42   #868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsMedicine View Post
Attachment 2100771

Link:
Wow what a great news to begin the new year with. That'll be a tight slap on the faces of Hyundai, Kia and Maruti if it's the India made Magnite for Indian markets.
Also wishing all the members a very Happy New year.
Storm2.0 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2021, 01:58   #869
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsMedicine View Post
Attachment 2100771

Link:
This is something to celebrate and as per the information, the exported magnite is also the same one as the Indian one.

So 2 MINR Seltos at average 3 Star huh! Interesting

Nissan India is planning big and I can't wait for their future lineups

Last edited by starke : 1st January 2021 at 02:23.
Old 1st January 2021, 03:35   #870
Senior - BHPian

Very happy for Nissan reading the crash test rating.
They needed this, and now the waiting period might just be justified.

TOP RANKED car manufacturers need to wake up and build safe cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks