Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th December 2020, 10:59   #751
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

We need dealer-less car buying services. Like the tesla model in US. Nissan, which has especially not invested in the dealer network, should consider this.
ComicCharcoal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 11:00   #752
Senior - BHPian

Do you think they will waive off the Rs 8000 Handling charges? For a guy who is looking at the XE, it sure is a big deal
Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I got a callback from the escalations desk at Nissan who have promised to look into the issues raised by me. Pleasantly surprised to actually get a callback even if it took a few days. Kudos to Nissan India.
Old 11th December 2020, 11:38   #753
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Do you think they will waive off the Rs 8000 Handling charges? For a guy who is looking at the XE, it sure is a big deal
I have got the handling charges waived off for my booking. I did the booking in Nov. They are NOT waiving off the handling charges now ( I tried to book another magnite with handling waived off but they refused )

Update : After yesterday's call from Nissan India, the dealership called me back in the morning today and offered to match the insurance quote I got from outside.

Thanks everybody for your support and suggestions
akg7091 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 12:53   #754
BHPian

In many big cities Nissan Showrooms are missing. But let’s take in this way, this is 2nd innings of Nissan. Company like KIA started selling car with hardly 60-75 showroom. Within a year KIA ramp up the number to 150+. Probably we can also see the similar trend. Today Nissan has 100+ showrooms across country. Hope they will be able to reach 150+ soon covering all I and II tier cities.

Many things like test drive, insurances, loans, service pick up are now virtual or doorstep service.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicCharcoal View Post
We need dealer-less car buying services. Like the tesla model in US. Nissan, which has especially not invested in the dealer network, should consider this.
This may not be a possible in Indian Market.

Last edited by arin_12 : 11th December 2020 at 12:55. Reason: Formatting issue
arin_12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 06:58   #755
BHPian

Nissan Magnite Mileage - Claimed vs Actual
https://www.cardekho.com/india-car-n...6463.htm?amp=1
Old 12th December 2020, 07:10   #756
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite is selling like hot cakes!

Quote:
Two separate dealer sources in south Delhi confirmed to HT Auto that there is a rush at showrooms with people walking in to enquire about the Magnite. They also highlighted that the waiting period now is at least two months, a testament to the rousing opening success of the vehicle.

Source

At the same time, a waiting period of more than 2 months is nothing to boast about! The Magnite is a part of the highly, highly competitive 4 metre compact SUV segment, and if customers face unnaturally long delays, they would just look at one of the so many other great options available to them.

Nissan & their suppliers must pull up their socks, ramp up production and make the Magnite available on demand as soon as possible.
RSR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 08:56   #757
BANNED

Are the naturally aspirated 1.0 and the turbo 1.0 the same engine essentially ?
Has anyone driven the 1.0 NA engine or seen a review ? Curious to know how the 72 bhp engine performs.
Old 12th December 2020, 12:16   #758
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiestarry View Post
Are the naturally aspirated 1.0 and the turbo 1.0 the same engine essentially ?
Has anyone driven the 1.0 NA engine or seen a review ? Curious to know how the 72 bhp engine performs.
They both displace the same 999cc, but differ slightly in terms of the bore & stroke. I believe this has been done to optimise the power & torque delivery with the addition of a turbocharger.

Here is a good stationary review of the base XE variant with the 72 PS 1.0 naturally aspirated engine:

Unlike many cars, the base XE is not a barebones variant, but gets roof rails, body coloured door handles, all 4 power windows, front & rear height adjustable neck restraints, rear wash & wipe, rear defogger, day/night manual IRVM, passenger sun visor vanity mirror etc., apart from dual airbags, ABS (with EBD) and four rear parking sensors. Kudos to Nissan for providing all these even on the base variant!

As for performance of the 72 PS non-turbo engine, just read/watch reviews of the Renault Triber. It has the same engine and also weighs approximately the same. So, performance of the non-turbo version of the Magnite is likely to be very similar to that of the Triber.

Last edited by RSR : 12th December 2020 at 12:25.
RSR is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th December 2020, 23:35   #759
BHPian

Today had a chance to test drive the Nissan Magnite. Thanks to Mr. Vivek and team who lead the Nissan owners’ group called “Lord of the roads”. A small group of Nissan Kicks owners made a visit to the factory, had an opportunity to look at how cars are manufactured at the Renault Nissan Factory in Tamilnadu near Chennai.

It was a good visit. I will talk about about it later in my Kicks ownership thread.

First things first, This car is a ravishing beauty. I first laid my eyes on the Flare garnet red, OMG, this shade has to be seen in person to appreciate. I later heard from the factory that this is a special paint process and is expensive to make compared to other shades.

Hats off to designers, I actually dislike some of the latest designs by Nissan such as the Z prototype and the Aria. However Magnite is Magnetic. The sleek headlamps, wide grill, muscular curves on the shoulder line, perfect rear and proportions make it look stellar. We had a chance to look at almost all shades of the car in the factory. I personally felt Red, White, Black are the best.

We also saw the Kiger It did look good but IMO Magnite wins in the looks department. Kiger is almost felt like a bigger Kwid. IMO people might shy away from Kiger as it can be easily mistaken for Kwid when viewed from a distance.

Now on to the test drive. It was a short one in the Nissan factory test drive track. I took the NA manual first. It didn’t excite me much. The test track was near perfect so there is nothing to comment on ride quality. The brakes were okay, the shifts were notchy. The car did feel heftier than a hatchback in the way it moved.

Next was the Turbo Manual, the engine was powerful, smoother for a 3 cylinder albeit not creamy. Again the gearbox is not for the ones who have sporty intentions. This is clearly a family car. Braking was sufficient, the body roll was acceptable, nothing surprising. Sadly I didn’t get an opportunity to drive the CVT due to our schedule and all the visitors had to shuffle among 3 cars to test drive.

Please note that these impressions are from a very limited drive time and place and I am told that these are not even the final version of the cars. So I would update again after a longer test drive when I get my hands on one.

After these sessions I felt Magnite is a winner. It looks fantastic and the space it offers inside is unbelievable. About the interior quality I feel it is equal to Maruthi or slightly better in some areas.

After the test drive we were given a presentation on Magnite and was given opportunity to ask questions. When asked about crash testing they told us that Magnite complies with global crash standards for frontal, side and rear collision. However I really wish for a test result just to be sure.

To summarise, if you prefer premium feeling interiors but is ok with less space inside and willing to pay more then go for Koreans. If you want 5 star safety rating then go for Nexon. If you want the maximum space, VFM and features and but not worried about sporty driving and is more comfort oriented then go for Nissan Magnite.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-91b5f2f1683644b9abc69b83aca4dd3e.jpeg  

Nissan Magnite Review-7315324d9fd04b9c8185291a478b2754.jpeg  

Last edited by Godzilla : 12th December 2020 at 23:48.
Godzilla is offline   (30) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 08:06   #760
BHPian

Ah, that's a good one Jegan, to add my two cents, I was another teambhpian and got a chance to do a CVT rest. Just from a passenger perspective my sons told "Appa it's pretty smooth and there is no feel of gear change" and yes it was good enough and kind of no lack in power.

Last edited by trtraj : 13th December 2020 at 08:07. Reason: Added points
trtraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 08:19   #761

My cousin works in a company which holds the dealership of KIA,Maruti,Nissan in Rajahmundry (AndhraPradesh). One of my friend wanted to book the top variant CVT of Nissan Magnite and asked me to contact my cousin. I called my cousin and he informed that the waiting period for base model is 6 months and has no clear idea about top variant. Only display vehicle has arrived at the showroom and testdrive vehicle has not yet arrived. Sent me the price listing of all the variants and technical specs. Magnite seems to be a good family car at that price range.
Balu9999 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 14:17   #762
Senior - BHPian

My city didn't have a Nissan dealership but a new one sprang up in a matter of days. The new Nissan dealership seems to be the dealer for Hyundai and Kia, too, which is a smart move by Nissan. So, Nissan is in safe hands as far as my city is concerned.

Went to check out the car y'day. The car in real looks even better than in pics. Side profile looks Compass-like, towards the rear. The dark brown chocolate shade looked really good. The car is pretty loaded and undercuts even hatchbacks on price front. No wonder it has generated so much buzz. The front is all-white LED affair but the tail-lamps have incandescent bulbs. The car needs LED taillamps. Hope Karol Bagh would source after-market LED tail-lights from Taiwan/SE Asia.
pgsagar is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 14:19   #763
BHPian

Visited the Autorelli nissan kolkata dealership to check out the Magnite - in flare garnet Red its a serious looker No test drives available till 15th Dec, so my observations are limited to visual appeal.

Yes , the plastics are a little rough around the edges , but this can be easily sorted nowadays if you've been tracking the phenomenal work being done aftermarket on interior plastics with leather wraps et al.

What really works in Magnite's favor is space (both kneeroom and cabin width) - we easily accommodated 2 burly 5'11 adults in the rear seat and there was enough space left for a 10 year old child - thats almost Seltos like space ! And thats the single biggest advantage it has compared to sonet and venue, both of which are quite 'compact' to put it gently.
JishD is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 20:28   #764
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Ever since the Magnite's prices were leaked, anyone worth his/her salt knew it was going to be a smash hit!

Nissan have ensured that the 100 PS 1.0 turbo-petrol offers peppy performance and that the CVT is mated brilliantly to the engine. The 72 PS 1.0 litre NA engine from the Triber is also present to attract B-segment hatchback & micro-SUV buyers, apart from giving it an unbelievable entry price.

Now, the only thing holding back the Magnite would be production capacity. Nissan must ensure that they ramp up production rapidly to cater to the massive demand. The 4 metre compact SUV segment is extremely competitive and customers will not keep waiting for months when there are so many great alternatives available.

Nissan's sales & support network (half of whom are from the earlier demoralised lot & half of whom are new), will also have to step up to the task and deal with the huge number of bookings that have suddenly poured in.

If Nissan and their dealers get their act together, the Magnite can even enter the top 10 list on the monthly sales chart.

Last edited by RSR : 13th December 2020 at 20:30.
RSR is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 13th December 2020, 20:44   #765
BHPian

Hi folks, I have 2 questions.
-Any idea if the price increase will be about Rs. 50,000?
-Will the price be increased only for the base variant or throughout the range?
John316_WRC is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks