Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th December 2020, 13:33   #841
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by vellatechie View Post
Were you feeling the vibrations on the clutch and doors as well?

I really do hope Renault positions Kiger, at a slight premium and fixes the clutch and vibration issue in its car.
No discernable vibration on clutch , but yes, there was resonance on the doors at idle..

The seat vibrations were the real bummer though - reminded me of old kaali peeli taxis. Hoping it was a one off on the TD car, else the Koreans will end up taking my money.
Old 26th December 2020, 16:53   #842
BHPian

Black colour have a very different road presence than all other bright colours. Dual tone interior also looks better than the all black by giving it a premium tone.

Hope they release some Nismo version with chrome deletion and reddish accents

starke is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 21:08   #843
Senior - BHPian

Test Drove the CVT turbo Magnite today. Few observations :

1. Hood isn't heavy, there was panel movement when I had put weight on hood via my hand. Almost like my 2015 Swift.

2. Doors are light, so is the tailgate. On the whole, dont expect solid build. Those having Terrano in their garage and looking forward to Magnite as secondary car will be disappointed.

3. Dashboard is high. One the move after adjusting the seat to a higher position one can see the hood, but the high dash somehow creates a claustrophobic ambience for who are not tall.

4. Ride quality is surprisingly mature in urban surroundings. Helps to increase comfort quotient.

5. CVT is well tuned for light inputs. In typical urban domain if one is not looking foward to lunge in to those small gaps, Magnite is happy. However, demand more and it disappoints. There was some sort of incremented lag at around 2200 rpm. Gearbox wont let the car accelerate, had to flex right foot to get gearbox out of what I feel is transmission flat spot. Worst part of CVt is gathering speed quickly after speed breakers. Due to suspension killing design of speed breakers, I was tackling them at 10 kmph. But gathering pace after speed breaker was not effortless and demanded quite heavy throttle inputs to quickly gather pace.

6. Engine has vibration at idle as expected from a three cylinder. As rpm needle climbs, so does the engine noise inside cabin.

7. OVRM Electric motors retract or open ORVM quickly ! Definitely faster than what I had in my Swift. Power windows roll up and down quite fast, faster than my 2014 City.

Overall : Good for around Rs. 8 lakh, but not more than that. For a small footprint, they have created quite a well proportioned silhouette. Excellent effort but somehow, I didnt feel its as well rounded as it could have been specially when top trims touch a million bucks.
aaggoswami is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 23:41   #844
Senior - BHPian

I was looking for an automatic car with small foot print and higher ground clearance due to the pathetic condition of roads around me. When I saw Magnite I liked sharp design and couple with a good CVT and a value for money price tag. I went to a Nissan Showroom on Christmas day, the dealership was buzzing with potential customers. I was lucky to get a test drive of the XV Premium CVT variant within 15 minutes.

On starting the engine, I felt a very mild vibration while at idle, which is typical of a 3 cylinder engine. Putting the vehicle on reverse I experienced the around view monitor, felt it was pretty useful feature to have while parking. Although the quality of display could have been better.
The test drive was short may be around 1.5 -2 km. The service road on the outer ring road was all dug-up and shabbily covered with rocks and dirt, good way to test the off-roading capability of the Magnite. Well it handled it quite well there was no noise or thuds. Maybe I was driving it sanely The CVT was very smooth and responsive overall I liked the way it handled the bad roads. While driving there is no noise or vibrations in the cabin, overall I will rate it as 'good' considering the price point. The interiors space was decent and the rear space was far better than Sonet.

The sales man who accompanied me was not that experienced and was struggling with his English. Anyways looking into the price list, on the point of insurance they said that I am free to take it from outside they don’t have objection, but if I go through the dealer endorsed insurance claims can be processed cashless. Looking at the price list they have not mentioned the handling charges fee upfront but smartly they are asking a Rs.8000 fee for RTO registration expenses (as highlighted in the pricelist). If one does not want this then customer can opt out and get it registered themselves is what they are telling.

Since there were too many people around and I was running short on time, I did not bargain much and just paid the booking amount of 11k and came out. In the forum I read somewhere that handling fee is not being charged now, is there a Nissan contact point where I can escalate such malpractices by dealers, can anyone enlighten me !

I booked the dual tone red shade which is having one of the highest waiting period (approx. 4 month) anyways I am in no hurry to get the vehicle right now.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-pricelist.jpg  

tj123 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 14:28   #845
BHPian

I peeped into this very showroom yesterday ( Surya Nissan) and saw something never seen before!. Jampacked and a long queue for the test drive!.

If they had priced the Kicks sensibly, they could have had at least half of this crowd a year ago. Whether they sell the Magnite to all of them or not, if they manage to sell the Kicks to some, justice is done. The Kicks is a fantastic car wasted .
Nalin1 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 17:41   #846
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
In the forum I read somewhere that handling fee is not being charged now, is there a Nissan contact point where I can escalate such malpractices by dealers, can anyone enlighten me !
You can try and take this up with Nissan but to be honest I wonder if it will make any sense due to the following
1. The dealer has not mentioned handling charges anywhere.
2. The dealer is already giving you an option to you to complete the registration process yourself which means they are not forcing you to pay 8000.
praveen_n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 19:34   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen_n View Post
2. The dealer is already giving you an option to you to complete the registration process yourself which means they are not forcing you to pay 8000.
Is it not the duty of the dealer to get the registration done for a new car as a service to the customer ? Any ways he is getting his dealer commission on sales . Asking the customer to go the RTO sounds ridiculous, who will go even there to save 8K and lose peace of mind. Is this the case with other dealers also ?
tj123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 20:21   #848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tj123 View Post
Is it not the duty of the dealer to get the registration done for a new car as a service to the customer ? Any ways he is getting his dealer commission on sales . Asking the customer to go the RTO sounds ridiculous, who will go even there to save 8K and lose peace of mind. Is this the case with other dealers also ?
You can get it registered on your own if you employ any agent found at the RTO for ~2K but it's not worth the headache.

Neo Nissan Noida employed similar tactics when I asked for a breakup of the RTO charges mentioned in the pricing sheet. I was told that I am free to get the registration done on my own and if I don't agree with their pricing then the booking will be cancelled and my amount refunded completely ( Already paid INR 5.5 lacs ). I finally negotiated the "service charges" to INR 3,000

Nissan dealers have never seen the type of demand that Magnite has generated. It's gone to their heads. Nissan India is trying but has limited control over the dealerships.

I hope Nissan improves. If people have issues with the after sales, no matter how good the car, word of mouth will ensure Nissan does a Fiat
akg7091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th December 2020, 20:24   #849
BHPian

Offtopic :

Another ludicrous YouTuber (Is this a new category now? ) test driving the car on a public road. I understand he is doing the so-called "Tough test", but endangering civilians is a threat.

On a sidenote, the car seems to be pulling well with that tiny 1-litre turbo

Old 27th December 2020, 20:32   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I finally negotiated the "service charges" to INR 3,000
Yes I was also thinking on similar lines, will negotiate when they will ask me for further payments.
Old 27th December 2020, 20:59   #851
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by starke View Post
Offtopic :

Another ludicrous YouTuber (Is this a new category now? ) test driving the car on a public road. I understand he is doing the so-called "Tough test", but endangering civilians is a threat.
This video was posted earlier on this thread!.

Car got the praise and the reviewer lambasted for his test drive. He tested the car, himself, road, passengers, pedestrians and fate!.

Now he is getting the stick on the bad drivers thread .
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 11:56   #852
Senior - BHPian

Nissan already combining Kicks with Magnite ads on one single page. Hope Magnite helps Nissan as a whole
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-20201228_115036.jpg  

srishiva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 09:58   #853
BHPian

Did test drive of CVT on Sunday evening. It drives better than what I expected after watching all those reviews in YouTube.

Had taken it on bad roads, highway and on steep incline and it was ok on all roads. I have read somewhere that the hill hold works on inclines of 20 degrees or less, but it was not the case. The stock speakers (not JBL) was better than what I had in my S-Cross. The around view monitor display was very bad when I checked it in the display car inside the showroom, but it was far better in daylight; still its low resolution. I am ok with the car and so planning to go ahead with the purchase.

A few observations (not sure if these were specific to the TD car as the car had some technical glitches when it arrived at the dealership).
Power windows work only when the engine is running.
The fuel gauge turns red when fuel tank is about to drain, not blinking like some other cars. The car stalled during the drive and the fuel gauge was still showing one bar and the distance to empty (think so, not sure though as there was only a symbol, nothing written) on the MID showed 21.7 Km.
You will not be able to listen to music or use the blower when the car is turned off; these work for sometime, then they turn off.
dudevarkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 10:44   #854
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Magnite waiting period update

Nissan Magnite Review-fb_img_16092186691316643.jpg

Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th December 2020, 10:51   #855
BHPian

Magnite Bookings are almost close to 20k mark.

base XE variant waiting period is now more than 8 months.

Source - https://www.rushlane.com/nissan-magn...-12387169.html
Deadpool is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks