Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2021, 20:07   #946
BANNED

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I have booked at the Magnite XV Pre CVT(O) in Faridabad. But still my main concern is that how the CVT will inform on hills as the car misses the manual mode all together. Has anybody tested the car on hills and is that really a concern?
I have Nisan micra CVT, I didn't face any problem on hills. So it is safe to guess magnite will also be good on hills considering more powerful engine.
Anxiousblock is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2021, 12:42   #947
Senior - BHPian

Nissan dealer in Bangalore – Surya Nissan, had organized deliveries of 100 units of the Magnite in one day. These bookings were received by various outlets of Surya Nissan in the city.

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210116123856_chrome.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210116123916_chrome.jpg

Venkatesh is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 09:41   #948
BHPian

Looks like there are force-dissipating crash bars in front (as already pointed out) and sides. And vibrations seem to be lower on manual than on the automatic.

ChevyTeddy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2021, 15:05   #949
BANNED

Quote:
I have booked at the Magnite XV Pre CVT(O) in Faridabad. Has anybody tested the car on hills and is that really a concern?
I drove up a 30 degree slope from standstill; I didn't even have to use the low ratio L.
There is ample torque for such manoeuvres; the L gear should be rarely necessary but if used may climb anything effortlessly.
fiestarry is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:28   #950
BHPian

Crash Test Video is out.

https://aseancap.org/v2/?p=5228
Godzilla is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 16:54   #951
BHPian

This test was carried out for Indonesian Magnite. I believe made for India Magnite also would have scored similar. Notice the kerb weight has been mentioned as 1029 kgs. India spec Magnite weighs 939 kgs for non-turbo MT, 1014 kgs for tubo MT and 1039 kgs for tubo CVT.

Details of the crash test -

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite1.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-2.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-3.jpg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-4.jpg
Deadpool is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th January 2021, 17:00   #952
BHPian

Basically the test result is not relevant to Indian consumers.
Old 19th January 2021, 17:35   #953
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
This test was carried out for Indonesian Magnite. I believe made for India Magnite also would have scored similar. Notice the kerb weight has been mentioned as 1029 kgs. India spec Magnite weighs 939 kgs for non-turbo MT, 1014 kgs for tubo MT and 1039 kgs for tubo CVT.
The additional weight might be of the testing equipment or the dummies used inside the car. Tata cars for NCAP also weigh more than their standard weights.
ATRONIX is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st January 2021, 12:33   #954
BHPian

Few clarifications and few questions:
I had posted in this thread that Magnite comes with single remote key. I'm sorry about that information. It does come with two remotes.

I do have a question:
What is the service schedule for Magnite? Is it 6 months of 12 months?
harpreetsubhi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 20:43   #955
BHPian

Quote:
Few clarifications and few questions:
I had posted in this thread that Magnite comes with single remote key. I'm sorry about that information. It does come with two remotes.

I do have a question:
As far as I know, the service schedule is of 12 months/10k kilometres. Would be great if anyone else can also confirm the same.
Old 22nd January 2021, 21:51   #956
BHPian

Quote:
I do have a question:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit998 View Post
As far as I know, the service schedule is of 12 months/10k kilometres. Would be great if anyone else can also confirm the same.
It is 12 months/10K Kms as confirmed from the AMC plan for Nissan Magnite.

Nissan Magnite Review-img_20210122_214431.jpg

Attaching AMC brochure for reference:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PMP - New.pdf (1.70 MB, 1125 views)

Last edited by Tojo_GotBhp : 22nd January 2021 at 21:54.
Tojo_GotBhp is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2021, 23:35   #957

Finally got word from Nissan dealership and it was really awful. For the car booked on 8th of December they have given me a waiting period of MINIMUM 33 or more weeks. This when the sales guy (from Vertex Nissan, Sohna Road, Gurgaon) had said I should get it by late January or February at the time of booking. This is really bad response from Nissan. Had they said this at the time of booking, (when I specifically mentioned multiple times that getting the vehicle timely is important for my work), I'd have continued with my hunt for a used vehicle and would have bought one by now. Instead I suffered the winters without a car waiting for Magnite and now it's a huge disappointment.
manu0504 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2021, 00:20   #958
BHPian

Got this update from Nissan dealer for a booking of a Magnite XE done on 29 Dec 2020.

Nissan Magnite Review-capture_202101230014512.png

The base variant has a long waiting time and looks like Nissan is first clearing the bookings of all fatter margin variants (an obvious strategy).
five46 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 09:41   #959
BHPian

Nissan Magnite raked up 35K bookings since launch. With the ASEAN NCAP crash testing result, it would be a running success for Nissan.
ASP007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2021, 22:50   #960
BHPian

The super awesome and extremely customer centric Nissan dealership in Noida ( Neo Nissan ) had booked the wrong variant ( MT ) instead of the CVT I had chosen and paid for on the 10th of Nov 2020, documented on 30+ emails and was asking for updates about every 2 weeks from the dealer and Nissan India( WHO DON'T REPLY TO EMAILS )

Now, the dealer is saying my car cannot be delivered before April because they have to change the variant and forcing me to change the color if I want a quicker delivery.

Good going Nissan for ignoring a customer who paid you INR 5.5Lacs before the car was launched

Does anybody know anybody in Nissan Management. I don't even want them to offer me a solution as I am seriously thinking of canceling my booking and going for the Sonet. I just want somebody senior to look into this fiasco and resolve the MULTIPLE issues I had faced :

1 ) Booking made and amount of INR 25k paid by cheque on 10th Nov 2020 ( XV PRE CVT (O) Turbo DT Red - opted for all optional packs as well as 5 yr warranty / service package )
2 ) Dealer looked at 15 year old Alto and offered 30K ( documented on email
3 ) Dealer confirmed I can take insurance from outside ( on email )
4 ) Dealer confirmed no handling charges ( on email )
5 ) Payment of INR 5 Lacs made on 4th Dec 2020 - Dealer promised delivery by end Dec / 1st week jan ( on email )
6 ) Once payment was made dealer said car can't be delivered till feb / mar - I reluctantly accepted
7 ) When I went to the dealership to give back the alto they refused to take it - cars24 had offered 35k for the alto ( I got another car evaluated and sold in same week so got the Alto evaluated as well ) which I had shown the dealer but I had refused to sell to cars 24 because I had committed to sell it to the dealer for 30k a month ago - we need to value our words. The dealer refused to take the alto due to "rusting" - which was ALREADY THERE. It's a 15 year old car and didn't suddenly rust in the last 2-3 weeks . They finally lowballed me and said - we will offer you 25k and I just told them to take it and let me live in peace
8 ) Dealer refused to remove handling charges / forced me to take insurance claiming "Nissan" has instructed them to not sell the car if insurance is not from "nissan".
9 ) Dealer threatened to cancel the booking ( Now they claim they never told me they will cancel the booking - they only offered a "refund" of my 5.5 lacs paid )
10 ) Dealer is still charging a RTO fee which I accepted instead of wasting more time

Can anybody forward this post to Nissan Management. I have WRITTEN PROOF of every claim I have made here. The Noida dealership is run by unethical and fraudulent people and should be audited by Nissan India.

At this juncture I honestly don't expect any help from Nissan India. I like the car but I don't think it's going to be easy living with Neo Nissan especially with the lackadaisical and couldn't care less attitude shown by Nissan India.

MMTIA. May God bless each and every one of us planning to buy a Magnite
akg7091 is offline   (60) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks