Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2021, 18:39   #1006
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Just popped into the Nissan showroom near Marathahalli in Bengaluru to book a TD of a CVT model when I saw a blue-white Magnite with a Regd sticker and a huge dent above the front right wheel. The panel is caved in to the extent that I could see the inner edge of the door. The showroom should take care of such issues that happen, shouldn't they?
Old 9th February 2021, 18:43   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
I had been following up with the dealership on a daily basis about the dispatch status for my vehicle as well as requesting them to share my VIN but received NO RESPONSE from the dealership. Decided to visit the showroom and surprise - my vehicle was used as a DISPLAY vehicle - with random people sitting in the car and checking out all the features
Wow. These guys make Skoda guys look as saints. They seriously have no idea on how to treat their customers. I remember years back reading about GTOs bad experience with Nissan. Your post was a deja-vu but on a bigger scale.

I hope this is as low as it can go and the entire experience for you just gets better from here.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th February 2021 at 20:17. Reason: Quoted post edited.
warrioraks is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 19:20   #1008

Quote:
Decided to visit the showroom and surprise - my vehicle was used as a DISPLAY vehicle - with random people sitting in the car and checking out all the features

NEO NISSAN NOIDA IS A FRAUDULENT DEALER WITH NO ETHICS. THE SALESTEAM COMPRISES OF MORONS WHO WILL JUSTIFY THEFT AND MURDER.
This happened with my Magnite as well at Neo Nissan. Fortunately, I was able to catch them early and get my car down as soon as possible. These guys are absolute morons. My friend visited Neo Nissan Noida over the last weekend to have a look at Kicks, and again a sold Kicks was being used as a display car. Check the white sheet of paper in the image with SOLD written. The sales person was inviting him to have a look inside and test the features.

I recommended my friend to get away from Neo Nissan as soon as possible and he ended up booking Kia Seltos.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-img20210207wa0030.jpg  

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 9th February 2021 at 20:17. Reason: Quoted post edited.
united is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th February 2021, 22:14   #1009
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post
Wow. These guys make Skoda guys look as saints. They seriously have no idea on how to treat their customers. I remember years back reading about GTOs bad experience with Nissan. Your post was a deja-vu but on a bigger scale.

I hope this is as low as it can go and the entire experience for you just gets better from here.
Nothing else left for these guys to do anyways ! Taking delivery of car with temp plates on thursday ( they will bank my PDC tom ). Previous discussion with Neo was that they will deliver the car with HSRP but no longer trust them. Will take delivery and then go back after a week or so for HSRP and tech pack etc.

STAY AWAY FROM THESE FRAUDS.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th February 2021 at 17:48. Reason: While we understand your frustration and agony, please refrain from using expletives even indirectly. Thank you.
akg7091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 16:59   #1010
BHPian

Getting my vehicle with temp plates tomorrow. Had a heart to heart with the GM ops and the airing of grievances on both sides has led to an impasse and a fresh start. I have been assured that the teething issues I faced in pre sales are not an indicator of the aftersales I can expect and I have assured them that the hard lined approach I took of documentation and escalations will be stopped if things go smoothly now.

Hopefully this time will be different from the last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warrioraks View Post

My experience with Skoda sales ( ended up not buying as Covid just hit when I was in discussion for a superb ) was a lot better than Neo Nissan. It's obvious to me they were ill prepared for the success of the Magnite. Hoping for a better service experience than the sales.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 10th February 2021 at 17:48. Reason: Back to back posts merged.
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 19:29   #1011
BHPian

And Just when Neo Nissan is getting a lot of footage in this thread, guess what I got an SMS from them. Take a look at the image attached.

Nissan Magnite Review-whatsapp-image-20210210-19.27.08.jpeg

As far as I know, I haven't done any booking.
Highh5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 19:37   #1012

Quote:
Getting my vehicle with temp plates tomorrow. Had a heart to heart with the GM ops and the airing of grievances on both sides has led to an impasse and a fresh start. I have been assured that the teething issues I faced in pre sales are not an indicator of the aftersales I can expect and I have assured them that the hard lined approach I took of documentation and escalations will be stopped if things go smoothly now.

Almost 1 month since the delivery, I'm still facing issues with Neo Nissan. My permanent registration process was started on Feb 1, but it still shows up as pending on the parivahan website. The dealership has installed HSRP, fuel sticker and fastag, but the registration is still not complete on vahan portal.

Can someone guide me what should be the next steps here? And should it take this long to verify? My previous experiences have been much smoother.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-vahan.jpg  

united is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 19:48   #1013
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post

Attachment 2120387

OFF TOPIC .

You haven't booked. That's a good enough query to MASSAGE - CRM Kirti. Good luck with that.
JJay is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 10th February 2021, 20:13   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highh5 View Post
And Just when Neo Nissan is getting a lot of footage in this thread, guess what I got an SMS from them. Take a look at the image attached.

Attachment 2120387

And I didn't receive any such message in the last 4 months !
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2021, 19:00   #1015
BHPian

Test drove Magnite CVT yesterday. Here are my initial impressions :

+ Excellent tuning of gearbox with engine. It's one of the finest implementation of CVT gearboxes. Between 0 to 90kmph, there is enough power on tap.
+ Pricing. How is Nissan able to price it the way they have is surely an enigma to me. Compare it with Sonet and you are left scratching your head to find out why is Sonet so costly.
+Overall exterior looks. Well rounded, I must say.
+ Great turning radius. Should be a breeze in city driving.

- Budget interiors.
- The car is good till 90kmph. Unlike the other newer cars which mask the speeds, this car tells you that you are driving fast.
- Just the overall feel of the car is slightly underwhelming. Somehow I felt that it may start rattling like the erstwhile Marutis once the odometer runs say 40k.
- Narrow front seats. Folks with bigger frames may not fit in the front seats.
- Nissan brand in India is on a sticky wicket. After sales services remains a doubtful point at least for folks like me who are coming from the likes of Marutis and Hyundais.

Last edited by headbanger : 11th February 2021 at 19:01.
headbanger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th February 2021, 12:28   #1016
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by united View Post
Can someone guide me what should be the next steps here? And should it take this long to verify? My previous experiences have been much smoother.
I have read somewhere that new vehicle owners can obtain the registration book only if a photo of the HSRP fixed on the vehicle is uploaded on the Parivahan website. Please check if this is done.
Old 12th February 2021, 15:39   #1017
BHPian

Quote:

My experience with Skoda sales ( ended up not buying as Covid just hit when I was in discussion for a superb ) was a lot better than Neo Nissan. It's obvious to me they were ill prepared for the success of the Magnite. Hoping for a better service experience than the sales.
Got the car late yesterday evening. It looks AWESOME in real life compared to the videos on youtube. Definitely worth the wait IMO.

Hoping the ASS will be a lot better
akg7091 is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 08:51   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India introduces Valentines program for Magnite customers starting on 14 February, wherein the company will host a lucky draw for customers who have booked the Magnite compact SUV and are yet to receive the delivery as on 12 February, 2021.

The lucky draw will be held every 30 days for the next three months.

Every month 100 customers stand a chance to gain the following benefits –

- One customer: 100 per cent cashback of ex-showroom price

- Eight customers: Upgrade by one variant (conditions apply)

- 25 customers: one-year extended warranty

- 66 customers: two-years/20,000km maintenance package

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20210213084617_chrome.jpg

Quote:
The all-new Nissan Magnite has had an overwhelming customer response; customers love the all-new Nissan Magnite and in gratitude of their wait, we have introduced this Valentines program,” said Rakesh Srivastava, Managing Director, Nissan Motor India.
Nissan India has also introduced ‘Nissan Express Service’ to deliver a quick and comprehensive service experience in just 90-minutes. Nissan customers may also book services and even check costs online through the Nissan Service Cost Calculator via Nissan Service Hub (website) or Nissan Connect, bringing utmost transparency to the process supported by Nissan’s 24/7 Roadside Assistance available in over 1500 cities. Nissan has also extended the service reach to its customers by conducting “Nissan Service Clinics” in 100+ upcountry locations.

Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 13th February 2021 at 08:55.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2021, 20:46   #1019
BHPian

Quote:
Got the car late yesterday evening. It looks AWESOME in real life compared to the videos on Youtube. Definitely worth the wait IMO.

Hoping the ASS will be a lot better
Congratulations! Wishing you many many happy miles with your new car!
Ankit998 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2021, 18:47   #1020

Newbie here. Have been following Team bhp for a few months now, this site and the members here have been invaluable in my hunt for my 1st 4 wheeler. Have decided to go for a compact SUV. Considering my Budget and requirement had booked Magnite. Went to visit the Renault showroom today to check out the Kiger. Kiger appears to be a well rounded package too. Confused about the pros and cons compared to magnite. The two are obviously very much alike but key differences that are making me rethink are:

Kiger:
All LED lights
Drive modes (Not sure if will really use it get the feel of a premium feature)
Slightly better interiors
4 airbags

Magnite:
VDC (Dont see reference to this in Kiger only ABS+EBD)
HSA (Dont see reference to this in Kiger only ABS+EBD)
TCS (Dont see reference to this in Kiger only ABS+EBD)
360 camera (not sure if will even use it as much)
Wait period (dont mind waiting for the right one though)
ASS
Better external appeal (I know this shouldnt me primary driver anyway)

Would love to hear your opinions/point of view on which you believe is better package among the two.
KrishnaKoka is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks