Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st March 2021, 09:05   #1081
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
does anyone know what kind of no-dep insurance policy do Nissan dealers force you to take ?

I'm planning a XV Premium Turbo Manual and i got some idea that the no-dep policy is a 3 years for 42K.

The quotes for policybazaar are like 28k for the same one. Any ideas here ?
Go for a policy from outside. I was gonna do the same but Neo Nissan price matched ( almost ) and I took it from them. 23K for zero dep + engine protector + consumables + key replacement + RSA
akg7091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2021, 16:56   #1082
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India sales –February 2021 stood at 4244 units which is 5.5% growth MoM and 313% YoY.

Source

Last edited by tj123 : 1st March 2021 at 17:01. Reason: typo
tj123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2021, 16:35   #1083
BHPian

Magnite continues it's success story for Nissan with 2,991 dispatches for the month of February and single-handedly dragging the company out of the rut. The only other car in Nissan's lineup Kicks sold a mere 263 units, which meant that Magnite contributed ~92% of the total sales for Nissan in the month of February 2021.

Source: AutoPunditz
jpcoolguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 11:51   #1084
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Go for a policy from outside. I was gonna do the same but Neo Nissan price matched ( almost ) and I took it from them. 23K for zero dep + engine protector + consumables + key replacement + RSA
thanks for this! could you explain what is the quote you received from neo nissan ?

especially the "engine protector + consumables + key replacement + RSA" part. Isnt this covered under the Nissan Gold Care plan anyway ?

I'll try to get this matched at Youwe Nissan
Old 3rd March 2021, 15:48   #1085
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverbyte View Post
thanks for this! could you explain what is the quote you received from neo nissan ?

especially the "engine protector + consumables + key replacement + RSA" part. Isnt this covered under the Nissan Gold Care plan anyway ?

I'll try to get this matched at Youwe Nissan
Neo Nissan didn't share details of any Nissan Gold care plan with me. I paid INR 23201 ( incl of GST ) for 3 year TP+1 year OD ( IDV 9.1L )

Add ons included : Zero Dep ( max 2 claims a year ) , Engine Protector, Consumables, Key / Lock replacement if keys lost + road side assistance
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 17:41   #1086
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite prices hiked by up to Rs. 30,000

Nissan has increased the prices of the variants of the Magnite by up to Rs. 30,000. This is the second price hike in just 3 months. The new prices will be applicable from March 2, 2021. However, Nissan is offering price protection to customers who have already booked the car.

Nissan Magnite Review-download-26.jpg

Prices of the XV Turbo and XV Turbo CVT variants have been hiked by Rs. 16,000, while the XV Turbo Premium (O) and XV Premium CVT (O) cost Rs. 26,000 more. Prices of the XL Turbo and XL Turbo CVT variants have been hiked by Rs. 30,000.

The Magnite is available with two engine options. These include a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol engine that puts out 71 BHP and 96 Nm and a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder turbo petrol unit that makes 99 BHP and 160 Nm. Both engines are offered with a 5-speed manual transmission.

The crossover is also be offered with a continuously variable transmission (CVT) mated to the 1.0-litre turbo petrol engine. In the CVT version, peak torque has been limited to 152 Nm.

Source: MyCarHelpline
TusharK is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 18:32   #1087
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite prices hiked by up to Rs. 30,000

The taste of success is the only thing that comes to my mind. Nonetheless, the product is still value for money and if Nissan uses this additional profit in improving customer experience, it will help the company re-establish itself.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 20:24   #1088
BHPian

I hope they don't start milking the single successful product and spend the R&D for developing a wider portfolio. Indians love their Japanese cars and with Honda seemingly packing up their bags, our only option in many segments is only Suzuki. Nissan should build on the success of Magnite. A premium hatchback should be their next target.
RoadMonkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 21:19   #1089
Senior - BHPian

Even if they raise by 50 thousand, it would still be of immense value, given how the other cars are priced. It would still be cheaper than some premium hatchbacks. Also interesting is how those who have already booked are protected from price-hike. I haven't seen this on any other car. Prevailing price on the date of delivery is collected from customer. Well done Nissan.
pgsagar is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 21:53   #1090
BHPian

Even with the hike, it is still good value for money. Glad to see Nissan taste enough confidence to hike the price.

Excellent move on their part to shield the customers who have already laid their money on the table. Such gestures go a long way in building trust.
RedTerrano is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:23   #1091
BHPian

Make hay while the sun shines.

Somewhere I feel sad that when I imaginarily buy this car, I will pay higher.

Nissan moved smartly by increasing the pricing only for the Turbo variants(as per the post above) where the buyers would be more performance oriented and still be "OK" to pay a bit higher for all that extra bhp over the naturally aspirated petrol models. The base variant buyers can still buy this car for around the cost of a Swift.

Last edited by Arjun Bharadwaj : 3rd March 2021 at 23:25.
Old 3rd March 2021, 23:51   #1092
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgsagar View Post
Also interesting is how those who have already booked are protected from price-hike. I haven't seen this on any other car. Prevailing price on the date of delivery is collected from customer. Well done Nissan.
Tata also did this for their recent price hike across the range. Bookings made before the price hike would not suffer the hike. Good practice across the board, should definitely be adopted as a standard.
RoadMonkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 06:45   #1093
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps they could have waited for at least 6 months while people actually see more of these cars on the roads? Nissan is not a top-tier manufacturer in India and in-fact is struggling to stay afloat. They should let the momentum of this success continue until they are back in the reckoning. With a lower pricing, they are able to attract any customer who would have potentially gone only to a Maruti showroom. This is no time to attract only a discerning buyer . They need many cars on the road as soon as possible.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2021, 06:45   #1094
BHPian

Unable to send you a DM[/quote]

I was able to get the delivery of my vehicle in February, but my uncle who booked on the same day with the same dealership (ETCO NISSAN - Mumbai) and also the same variant and colour has still not received his car even one month after delivery of my car.

There is no response at all from the ETCO NISSAN guys. Can you kindly send me the numbers or e mail addresses of any of the senior Nissan management so we can write to them?

Thanks!
Old 4th March 2021, 10:42   #1095
BHPian

Nissan Magnite Turbo manual 600km drive experience.

ATRONIX is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks