Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2021, 13:03   #1141
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Nissan has added a third shift at the Oragadam plant to meet demand for the Magnite; plant now running at full capacity.
Nissan seems to be on a PR campaign over how they've scaled up production. I can't remember the last time any manufacturer took the pains to keep driving it into our awareness that their production has increased.

Read somewhere that the plant has a capacity for churning out 4.8L vehicles in a year. Even assuming that Nissan, with its limited portfolio and on a cost-control spree this year, has only one third of this capacity available to it, that should still mean a production run of 160k vehicles if they are indeed running at full capacity.

And yet, my SA keeps telling me it will still take another 4 months to deliver a car booked in Feb.
Old 2nd April 2021, 02:23   #1142
BHPian

Very very interesting video about testing magnite's capability for offroading

silverbyte is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 08:28   #1143
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite records 10,000 Units Production milestone in less than 100 days.

Nissan Magnite Review-20210402_082642.jpg

Quote:
Commenting on this occasion, Mr. Biju Balendran, MD & CEO, RNAIPL said, “We are glad to roll-out 10,000th Nissan Magnite in less than 100 days.

Thanks to excellent support from all the supplier partners that the plant has been able to stabilize 3-shift production to meet the overwhelming market demand. We are now working round-the-clock to deliver high-quality cars at the earliest to our discerning customers.”
Source

Last edited by Venkatesh : 2nd April 2021 at 08:30.
Venkatesh is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 2nd April 2021, 08:49   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post
Nissan seems to be on a PR campaign over how they've scaled up production. I can't remember the last time any manufacturer took the pains to keep driving it into our awareness that their production has increased.

Read somewhere that the plant has a capacity for churning out 4.8L vehicles in a year. Even assuming that Nissan, with its limited portfolio and on a cost-control spree this year, has only one third of this capacity available to it, that should still mean a production run of 160k vehicles if they are indeed running at full capacity.

And yet, my SA keeps telling me it will still take another 4 months to deliver a car booked in Feb.
If it's an auto,I believe there might be delay as the cvt box is imported for sure and there maybe some supply chain constraints. As for ramp up, since demand is more than expectation companies and the suppliers need time to ramp up production,procurement of components ,train manpower for the new shift etc. Even if nissan or any company for that matter was doubling production capacity tomorrow,it will take at least 3 months for the effect of increased volume to hit showrooms.
Nanolover is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 14:50   #1145
BHPian

No comments on the build quality but thought I would share this here. Can any of our fellow forum members who is also in the Nissan Facebook owners group share more details?

JithinR is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2021, 19:11   #1146

From what I saw in the FB group for Nissan Magnite Owners India, the guy - Indrakumar didnt give much details other than telling a AP state Transport bus swerved into his lane and hit his Magnite head-on.

The members in the car survived. The guy - Indra himself had a few minor fractures only as per his comments.

Details like speed of the vehicles, etc are not specified. However Indra himself commented he was lucky to escape with a few minor fractures only.

Its quite rare surviving a headon collision with a State transport bus and living to tell the tale. Those things are like fortified tanks.
ashka83 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 6th April 2021, 09:57   #1147
BHPian

From what I read on this forum, I thought the car was around 7.5 on the road for the CVT version. But some online sites are showing the pricing upwards of 10 lakhs OTR in chennai for the CVT version. That brings it close to the Polo TSI range (which also is overpriced though a fantastic car). In fact I bought my honda city top end model in 2017 for 12 lakhs OTR. Am I missing something here?
Old 6th April 2021, 10:23   #1148
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by contentedbloke View Post
From what I read on this forum, I thought the car was around 7.5 on the road for the CVT version. But some online sites are showing the pricing upwards of 10 lakhs OTR in chennai for the CVT version. That brings it close to the Polo TSI range (which also is overpriced though a fantastic car). In fact I bought my honda city top end model in 2017 for 12 lakhs OTR. Am I missing something here?
Magnite starts at 5.59L ex showroom in Chennai for the manual 1.0L NA version.

Now for the Turbo you can add about 1L more. CVT transmission options generally cost anywhere from 80k to 1L (or more).

At this point you are already looking at something close to 7.5L ex showroom for a variant that does not exist XE Turbo CVT. Base variant for this transmission combo is XL Turbo CVT.

You can already see that 7.5 OTR would be impossible.
Old 8th April 2021, 15:19   #1149
BHPian

Magnite price hiked again by upto 33000. Hope Nissan doesn't get greedy with the initial success and kill the car.
Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-new-price.jpg
Debajyoti is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th April 2021, 18:39   #1150
BHPian

Hello guys
I've made a walkaround video of the Magnite Xv Variant. I'm sharing the link here. I don't know if it's Against the rules to share links of your own YouTube video. Mods can remove the same if it it violates Team-Bhp guidelines
Also give your valuable feedback in PM
Thank you

911CarerraS is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th April 2021, 18:29   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Ramps up production capacity to meet increased demand for the Magnite.

Quote:
Currently, the carmaker is capable of manufacturing just over 2700 units a month and it commands a waiting period of over 4 months, depending on the variant
Quote:
The company aims to increase production capacity to around 3,500 units a month by July to bring down the waiting period.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 10:08   #1152
BHPian

Good Lord. They always hyped that Chennai plant but 2700 units or even that 3500 units per month is way too low. Yes, they gotta manufacture other models as well but if 3500 is what they can allocate to something like an Magnite...feel the plant just isn't worth that hype.
balmeter is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 11:59   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Nissan Magnite bookings cross 50,000 milestone.

Nissan states 60% of the variants booked are top variant, 15% of the total bookings are for CVTs.

Quote:
Nissan informs that it has received 2,78,000 enquiries for Magnite since the car was launched on December 2 and that 10% of the 50,000 bookings made so far have been done online.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th April 2021, 12:55   #1154
BHPian

I had stepped out of my home briefly last week for some urgent work and got to see the Nissan Magnite in the flesh for the very first time. It was a top of the line automatic blue Magnite.
I was pleasantly surprised - the car had great presence. The color, the finish and the overall look was impressive. Interior space seemed decent too.

Nissan seems to have put in everything for this and it shows. Seems to be a great option for people shopping in this segment.
Shreyas_H is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd April 2021, 20:40   #1155
BHPian

Has anyone used the tracking page of Nissan: https://book.nissan.in/BookingDetails
I got an SMS saying delivery will be 'soon', but the tracking page says date 'to be confirmed'.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks