Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2020, 23:51   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChevyTeddy View Post

I'm also wondering - moving from a 1.2L Ritz Petrol engine - if switching on the A/C will be a significant drag on the 1.0L NA / Turbo engines of the Magnite. If anyone has a test drive coming up, could you check this out as well?
Quite possible on the 1.0L NA. I faced similar issues in my 2010 Estilo(865kg car) which had 1L 3cyl petrol engine churning out 67bhp. AC led to significant drop in performance. Even for crossing Bangalore speed breakers In 2nd gear , I had to either switch off AC or shift to 1st gear. So it’s imperative you check this in a test drive.

Last edited by SoumenD : 18th December 2020 at 00:03.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 14:25   #797
BHPian

I would like to bring attention of all Magnite lovers to one important fact I came to know about. The sales guy informed me about that with XV Premium, only single smart key is delivered. I really did not like this idea. What happens in case the first key breaks up on a long drive. I do not know how the other members feel about this.
harpreetsubhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 14:34   #798
MCR
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpreetsubhi View Post
I would like to bring attention of all Magnite lovers to one important fact I came to know about. The sales guy informed me about that with XV Premium, only single smart key is delivered. I really did not like this idea. What happens in case the first key breaks up on a long drive. I do not know how the other members feel about this.
Simple. Buy a Key protect add-on with the insurance. This way you can get a free key replacement in case of loss or damage.
Road side assistance will cover the damage of key during trips.
MCR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:15   #799
BHPian

Quote:
The smart key can be configured only by the dealer! In case of damage or loss, it will cause huge inconvenience.

I tried to have a spare smart key done from the agency for my Altima. The price quoted by Nissan for the key was more than having a new remote unlocking system.

Best to have a spare key done during the initial purchase itself. On the flip side, my Outlander key was waterproof(survived 3 hours in the washing machine).
Mafia is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 15:19   #800
Senior - BHPian

Just saw the display cars being unloaded in Electronic City Bangalore, test drive should start soon then.
Old 18th December 2020, 17:43   #801
BANNED

Quote:
One key is a big problem for absent minded person like me. Many times, I have to use another key because I forget one someplace in house.
Old 18th December 2020, 18:10   #802
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Highly impossible.

How can one start the vehicle without a smart key (in case if that is missed or damaged) Cases like 1 key fob with integrated remote control and 2nd key being a normal one is understandable (though not acceptable)
Mr.Boss is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 18:47   #803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Didnt understand. Do you take 2 keys during long drives ? Understand about them giving only one smart key and having to buy another one though. Both should be smart keys.

Last edited by srishiva : 18th December 2020 at 18:48.
Old 19th December 2020, 11:07   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Boss View Post
Highly impossible.

How can one start the vehicle without a smart key (in case if that is missed or damaged) Cases like 1 key fob with integrated remote control and 2nd key being a normal one is understandable (though not acceptable)
A spare smart key is essential. I had my regularly used key fob stopped working during lockdown and there was no way to get it repaired/replaced and I had to take the car regularly as wife working in essential service sector. We would have ended up in trouble if there was no spare key fob. With normal spare key, one can open the car, but how would you disengage the anti theft system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Do you take 2 keys during long drives ?
Both should be smart keys.
Yeah, no one takes two keys with them normally; still two smart keys is not a luxury, it is an essential requirement.
Old 19th December 2020, 11:55   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
A spare smart key is essential. I had my regularly used key fob stopped working during lockdown and there was no way to get it repaired/replaced and I had to take the car regularly as wife working in essential service sector. We would have ended up in trouble if there was no spare key fob. With normal spare key, one can open the car, but how would you disengage the anti theft system.

Yeah, no one takes two keys with them normally; still two smart keys is not a luxury, it is an essential requirement.
Preach.

We had gone to Kodaikanal, and my dad's jacket pocket had a hole. The car's key slipped through (near the Cloud Street resto-cafe, for those familiar), on the day before we were to leave. We searched for a little while before he remembered putting the spare key in a suitcase. It was a simple job of walking back to the hotel, getting the key, and opening the car.

Incidentally, something like this happened to family friends of ours in some other place. They had two options, one to break open the lock in the car where it was parked, or come all the way home to get a key, then go back and get the car.... The mother, daughter and father came back to their place by train to get the keys while their son stayed back. The father then went back with the key, to drive both of them back.

Just something that struck me when reading this.
DeathPig is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 12:21   #806
BHPian

For the base variants at 4.99 the Magnite is quite a lot of car for under 5 lakhs.

How do you guys see the value of the top end XV CVT stack up against rivals?

9.35 ex showroom is still value , but not cheap.

As a second car in the house, and as the primary car for my wife, I'm trying to see the Magnite CVT against its direct and indirect rivals.

AUTOMATIC (any kind) being the priority requirement, I'm trying to figure out how this 10lac car stands against other Automatic options (Hatches and B-SUVs alike) . For instance the Ecosport AT or the Urbancruiser AT or not far away, once you're here.

Last edited by vigneshkumar31 : 19th December 2020 at 12:37.
vigneshkumar31 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 13:42   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Nissan Magnite bookings cross 15,000 mark and enquiries have crossed 1.5 lakh across India

Nissan Magnite Review-smartselect_20201219134143_chrome.jpg

Nissan is promising that Magnite will come with lowest cost of maintenance of just 29 paise per km.

Quote:
Magnite, Nissan India has launched a new plan for their customers. This is a prepaid plan, called Nissan Magnite Care. Nissan claims that this plan will allow their customers to further save 22%. This new plan is applicable for two to five years and is available at all Nissan service networks in the country, with options to choose between the ‘GOLD’ and ‘SILVER’ packages. Gold package covers comprehensive periodic maintenance service and silver package covers basic maintenance service. The maintenance plan is also transferable with ownership change, thus strengthening the residual value for the Magnite.
Source
Venkatesh is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 19th December 2020, 23:21   #808
BHPian

https://www.facebook.com/groups/lord...5144404606590/
Old 20th December 2020, 00:00   #809
BHPian

I saw the car today for the first time. Someone was parking it alongside other parked car in an open market parking. It looked quite narrow from.the front. To the point that it looked quirky alongside other hatchbacks parked beside it.
I didn't check the side profile, but definitely it looked quite narrow from front, specifically since it was parked besides a Baleno on one side and a rapid on the other side.
Old 20th December 2020, 09:40   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nav-i-gator View Post
I didn't check the side profile, but definitely it looked quite narrow from front, specifically since it was parked besides a Baleno on one side and a rapid on the other side.
Rapid is wider than Magnite, but Baleno is not. Magnite is slightly wider and taller than Baleno. Might be because of the shape, Baleno looks wider (oval-ish, like somebody pressed on the roof after designing it to make it short No offence meant, it is not a bad design, just mentioned it for the sake of comparison )

Last edited by dudevarkey : 20th December 2020 at 09:58.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks