Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th December 2020, 12:36   #646
Senior - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

We are looking for a budget car mainly for city runs and budget is < 6L and Magnite base petrol is a good option. Missing essentials like music system, central locking, and seat cover can be added from outside and can still keep the cost < 6L. Main issue is there is no dealer in my hometown. Their dealership was closed few months back. Next nearest dealer is ~ 85 km away!
Old 4th December 2020, 12:40   #647
BANNED

I do not like Nissan color options. Red and pearl white not available in single tone. For dual tone they are charging 14k more. just for black roof.
Old 4th December 2020, 13:01   #648
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilkm View Post
This is what is reported in a website
"Magnite is built on the cost effective CMF-A+ platform"

Which platform is this? Is this same as Renault Triber platform?
Yup Triber and Magnite are on same platform i.e. CMF-A+. The Kiger is same as well.

What's interesting is that when the Triber gets the 1.0L turbo petrol and CVT option.

That will be one smart practical package.
Vid6639 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:27   #649
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Sorry to ask a very rudimentary question in the midst of the expected brand bashing debate. Does the base variant also come with 16 inch Tyres? That could be a pocket pincher when the time comes to replace them.
As per the brochure and video of the base model shared earlier, YES the base model also comes with 195/60 R16 steel wheels.
Old 4th December 2020, 13:37   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
I do not like Nissan color options. Red and pearl white not available in single tone. For dual tone they are charging 14k more. just for black roof.
It is reasonable, considering Altroz's black roof costing at 21k.
saikarthik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 13:44   #651
BHPian

Just when you thought that Nissan has set the cat amongst the pigeons with that disruptive pricing, Nissan has slyly increased the price of its entry level Magnite XE trim:

NOTE: By all means, looks like a typo/media blunder.

Nissan Magnite Review-wrong-price.jpg
five46 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 14:04   #652
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by saikarthik View Post
It is reasonable, considering Altroz's black roof costing at 21k.
I do not have problem with them charging for black roof. I want them to provide more colors in single tone options. like red and pearl white.
Old 4th December 2020, 14:06   #653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Yup Triber and Magnite are on same platform i.e. CMF-A+. The Kiger is same as well.

What's interesting is that when the Triber gets the 1.0L turbo petrol and CVT option.

That will be one smart practical package.
Kwid sits on CMF-A platform vs. Triber, Magnite, Kiger sits on CMF-A+ platform. Not sure what improvements will "+" bring on board other than dimensions.

Wikipedia says: "The CMF-A+ platform is a larger derivative of the CMF-A platform."
Old 4th December 2020, 15:22   #654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiousblock View Post
I think only in XV Premium variant red colour (with onyx black dual tone) option is there. Those who want dual tone 14K extra is ok, 3M wrap would cost almost same.
Old 4th December 2020, 16:00   #655
BHPian

I tried calling Pune dealers for a teat drive, and found that there is no dealer at all! Nissan official website shows the nearest dealer in Navi Mumbai.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 16:08   #656
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudo_coder View Post
I tried calling Pune dealers for a teat drive, and found that there is no dealer at all! Nissan official website shows the nearest dealer in Navi Mumbai.
Same with Rajkot (which is the biggest city in Saurastra region, almost half of Gujarat)
Old 4th December 2020, 18:56   #657
BHPian

Kerala Detailed Price List
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Magnite Price Workout December 2020 (1).pdf (236.1 KB, 707 views)
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 19:06   #658
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
We are looking for a budget car mainly for city runs and budget is < 6L and Magnite base petrol is a good option. Missing essentials like music system, central locking, and seat cover can be added from outside and can still keep the cost < 6L. Main issue is there is no dealer in my hometown. Their dealership was closed few months back. Next nearest dealer is ~ 85 km away!
Still I would say go for it . 85 KM you need to travel, once in a year only. If you calculate that way too, this is really value for money.
anumod is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 19:35   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anumod View Post
Still I would say go for it . 85 KM you need to travel, once in a year only. If you calculate that way too, this is really value for money.
When we bought Alto in 2003, the nearest Maruti dealership was 70 Kms away. They provided test drive at doorstep, but had to travel 70 Kms to see the car (sort of PDA, not a thorough one though), again after 2 days to take delivery and then for periodic services. It took 10 years to get a dealership service centre 15 kms away (rather near :P) from our place.

Now we have a Maruti authorized service centre at a distance of 5 Kms.

Last edited by dudevarkey : 4th December 2020 at 19:45.
dudevarkey is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2020, 22:02   #660
Senior - BHPian

I saw a lot of comments on no Nissan dealerships where some potential Magnite owners stay, but I guess if Magnite succeeds, the big cities like Rajkot, Pune will see a dealership pop up over night. Still I believe it will a chore to get the car in to the nearest city just for a service and maintenance. I know some Navi Mumbai folks who preferred to get their Abarths serviced in Pune than take their cars in for service in Mumbai city, but then those car owners relished a trip via the expressway to Pune and were a different breed of enthusiasts than what the future Magnite owners will be.

Last edited by SPARKled : 4th December 2020 at 22:03.
SPARKled is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks