Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:12   #586
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by isldhn View Post
When you have so low sales and no mass moving car in your portfolio, you get third rank dealers and further third ranked sales folks who do not know a damn about what they are selling.

Just see the attached image to see the proficiency of the sales guy who wants to sell me their hot new item

Attachment 2088536
Please correct me if I am wrong, but are you suggesting that the sales person is not proficient because he used incorrect English?

I see nothing in the screenshot that suggests him being a 'third ranked sales person' - he replied to your query promptly and invited you to the launch (albeit in broken English). A person can be a good salesman without being good at English

Or am I possibly missing your point?
Shreyas_H is offline   (46) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:35   #587
BHPian

Here's a walkaround of the NA engine base XE trim

ATRONIX is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:43   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

How many of you went through the brilliant brochure of the Magnite?

I was impressed on how they showcased visually each trim with features specified.

Also the comparison with rivals, highlighting the lack of features in them and the price difference

It was a neat brochure!
PrasannaDhana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 10:52   #589
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
Here's a walkaround of the NA engine base XE trim
Thanks for sharing. Looks like the best option for a car below 5.5 lakhs ex showroom. Tiago, Triber, Magnite and Altroz base would have been the ideal choices for a budget conscious buyer in the ideal world. I am still amazed that Nissan managed to put in so much for 5 lakhs. I don't think a normal customer would care about the turbo engine or the lack of it. If it gives good mileage, feels spacious and has good AC, it should sell. After Tata, Nissan and renault seem to be the only ones innovating for the Indian market with value engineered products.

Think about it- an Alto with safety features and piwer windows and a much poorer build quality costs as much as this car.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:04   #590
BHPian

To me, the base variant is the most VFM variant. It has all four power windows, adjustable headrest front and rear, 16 inch wheels and even rear wiper-defogger. For 4.99 L ex-showroom nothing beats or even comes close to it. Now, the icing on the cake will be a good NCAP score. If I hadn't bought my Tiago, I would have definitely bought this base model.
Akash.D is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:09   #591
BHPian

Fantastic pricing for what appears to be a decent product. I want a test drive but there is no dealer or service centre in Mumbai. This just killed my enthusiasm for the Magnite.

Nissan Magnite Review-screenshot-20201203-11.01.13-am.png

Folks from Mumbai: Apart from travelling to Nerul, is there any other way to get a test drive or take the car for service?
mpthy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:11   #592
BHPian

I visited the showroom 3 days back and the SA took me to their backyard where the Vehicle was parked, as it was not released officially.

The car in flesh looked good.

I especially like the front-grill which was bentley-esque but many felt it had similariites with Datsun.

The rearbench was sufficient and there was still 1-2 inch space for me (5'11)in legroom with the driver seat positioned for my friend ( 5'8)- not bad I reckon.

The boot space seemed to be sufficient though not big and I think it is definitely not a dealbreaker.

I felt the engine-bay looked larger comparatively and checked inside to see the space was used generously unlike cramming up. My friend was unsatisfied with the build quality .

The SA took our contact to invite us to the test drive today. I hope we get a call and the sales team would be driven by the similar zeal of the company, to get a foothold in the Indian market.
poised2drive is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:21   #593
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas_H View Post
Please correct me if I am wrong, but are you suggesting that the sales person is not proficient because he used incorrect English?

I see nothing in the screenshot that suggests him being a 'third ranked sales person' - he replied to your query promptly and invited you to the launch (albeit in broken English). A person can be a good salesman without being good at English

Or am I possibly missing your point?
I know senior colleagues and peers in global MNCs who have worse spoken English. I have personally never faced an issue with Nissan showroom or service staff while I owned the Micra. The problem is more with Nissan India which somehow doesnt feel as committed, for whatever reason.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 3rd December 2020 at 11:23.
fhdowntheline is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:31   #594
BHPian

Nissan Magnite Advertisement

Highh5 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 11:44   #595
BHPian

Only the base variant price will be increased in Jan? Or all variants price goes up?
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:04   #596
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhdowntheline View Post
I know senior colleagues and peers in global MNCs who have worse spoken English. I have personally never faced an issue with Nissan showroom or service staff while I owned the Micra. The problem is more with Nissan India which somehow doesnt feel as committed, for whatever reason.
I don't think the company would make a made for India specific product if they weren't serious. Only the GM makes like Opel and Chevrolet have deserted India. No other company left their car making base here. Value engineering is a big possibility in India and it can be exported to othercou tries too.
Cessna182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:29   #597
BHPian

The good part here is that not only does Nissan literally laugh in face of the compact suv segment, it also throws jabs at the premium as well as standard hatchback segment. Now prospective buyers of the Wagon R and even top end Spresso and Kwid can certainly consider the Magnite in its base trim, which IMO is not just barebones, its a genuine proposition.

Call it big time buyers remorse, I bought the top end Spresso and barring the ICE and 40K, which could easily be adjusted, I would have booked the XE variant eyes closed.

Now all that's pending is a 4 star NCAP rating.
armaan_singh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:30   #598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpthy View Post
Fantastic pricing for what appears to be a decent product. I want a test drive but there is no dealer or service centre in Mumbai. This just killed my enthusiasm for the Magnite.

Folks from Mumbai: Apart from travelling to Nerul, is there any other way to get a test drive or take the car for service?
It shouldn't be the case that there are no Nissan dealers in Mumbai. I see Laksha Nissan in Sion and Andheri-Kurla and Ritu Nissan in Andheri, Mira Road and Thane. Though they could be closed down. Better call them up and check. Any of them will be more than willing to drive down their test vehicle to your home for test drive.
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:47   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Forget Brezza, I wonder why should anyone buy the Baleno CVT.
Because it's a Maruti, that's the answer for your question. Maruti has earned their own brand value over last 30 years in Indian customers mind.
aniketi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2020, 12:51   #600
BANNED

Wow!!
That is some competitive pricing. This car looks exceptional in flesh and I for one just love this car. The Magnite is by far the most value for money vehicle in the sub 4m category. Nissan has nailed it with this one and there are no two ways whether this car would sell or not. I would gladly buy one if I was in a market for a C-SUV. 360 camera in a car at this price is very good move by Nissan. It is clearly evident that Nissan wants this car to sell in good numbers and to do that, Nissan has loaded this car with features even twice the price does not offer.
Good going Nissan!
Tachyonites is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks