Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:20   #526
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite launched at Rs. 4.99 lakh

Wow, it’s aggressively priced by Nissan, hopefully they will get back on track now in India. Attaching the launch brochure for Nissan Magnite.

[ATTACH=Nissan Magnite Launch Brochure_22x22cm-min.pdf]2088199[/ATTACH]
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Nissan Magnite Launch Brochure_22x22cm-min.pdf (5.71 MB, 1389 views)
sahil624 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:22   #527
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Managed to grab the brochure from their site.
Anyone else planning to book in Kerala?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 9637_1606136372_20112578NissanMagniteLaunch.pdf (8.57 MB, 1197 views)
kung_foo_fanta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:28   #528
Senior - BHPian

Perfect case for reasonable sales.
Nissan should focus heavily on marketing, improving overall ownership experience; looking at the lower number of dealership outlets, they should have a person from Nissan deployed at each of the dealerships for adding strength to sales and post sales experience.
CVT premium could have been kept lower, it seems Nissan is cross-subsidising lower trims through higher trims.
Good pricing, nonetheless.
i74js is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:30   #529
BHPian

Fantastic pricing but the Dealers shouldn't play a spoilsport.

I called up the Youwe Nissan South Delhi dealers, 1 didn't pick the call. 2nd one said test drive will only start by 11 Dec. I asked are you sure. She was confused, comeon a ready customer and then their tantrums.

Magnite can change fortune for Nissan in India they have placed the price card very well. Now they need to ensure their dealers do their part well.

We are looking to buy either of these 3
Top model Magnite XV Premium Manual
Top model Magnite XV Premium CVT
Sonet HTX iMT Turbo Petrol
Puneet0051 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 12:38   #530
BHPian

Hats-off to Nissan for making the Magnite great VFM.In fact,the base model is 20k less than the Maruti swift LXI which is one segment below
I really wish this product will sell in good numbers and Nissan gets more presence in the Indian market.
__.gxr.__ is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:07   #531
BHPian

A fully loaded car for under a million rupees is rare, and this is a fresh breath of air! It seems like Nissan will have a happy 2020. However with the latest awareness of safety ratings, one could only hope they don't score a nought.
lemedico is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:14   #532
BHPian

This is indeed killer pricing by Nissan. I hope their product don't have the nitty gritty issues that we saw in Kicks which ended didn't kick off the sales of Kicks as expected.

On the other hand, what I have observed is that if the quality of product is good, then people don't mind spending more money on it. That's the reason Sonnet, Venue, Seltos and Creta are selling like hot cakes.

All the best to Nissan and hope they revive their fortunes in India.
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:23   #533
BHPian

Safety assessment by Global NCAP will go a long way in reinforcing the road worthiness of this new vehicle from Nissan. Nonetheless, Magnite is expected to bring in volumes for Nissan considering the very competitive pricing. My best wishes to Nissan India and the prospective buyers. Sincerely want the Nissan dealers to live upto the expectations of the customers as well as expectations of the parent upon them. How well they handle the initial expected rush will make or break this product and ultimately the brand.
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:30   #534

Unbelievable pricing, this makes me believe they have a winner in hand. I am afraid if this doesn't sell, nothing else will.

I have a feeling that, this may eat into the sales of S presso and Ignis, considering the sheer value this car offers.

Meanwhile, existing Nissan Dealerships will wake up from hibernation to actually see potential customers other than their crew after a very long time.
Goku_YNWA is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:31   #535
Distinguished - BHPian

I guess this has to be the second blockbuster pricing this year with the Skoda Rapid rider 1.0 turbo being the first.

What concerns me is the complaints about poor fit and finish and parts inside the cabin falling off their places.
Somehow reminds me of the phrase "you get what you pay for".
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:34   #536
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
[*]The real USP of this car will be the 1.0 Turbo & the CVT. The difference in pricing with a Brezza varies in the range of around 35K INR to as much as 1 Lakh INR in some variants at max. Will people be swayed by this difference to pick a totally unknown Magnite with minimal service network? Or they'll take a larger EMI and go for the far more established Sonet-Brezza-Nexon?
Especially since the reviewers are also saying that the cabin fit-finish-feel isn't exactly very premium and robust but more utilitarian with an economy feel.[/list]
But doesn't the Brezza also have spartan interiors? I've seen many videos of the Magnite, and i think it has better interiors than the Brezza. It also has a turbo engine, and I think the Brezza has a NA 1.5 engine.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:35   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet0051 View Post
Fantastic pricing but the Dealers shouldn't play a spoilsport.

I called up the Youwe Nissan South Delhi dealers, 1 didn't pick the call. 2nd one said test drive will only start by 11 Dec. I asked are you sure. She was confused, comeon a ready customer and then their tantrums.

Magnite can change fortune for Nissan in India they have placed the price card very well. Now they need to ensure their dealers do their part well.
Isnt it a bit too early to complain? I am sure they may not have clear directions about the test drive from Nissan. The way they executed the introduction of the Kicks turbo CVT, I cant blame the dealers.
fhdowntheline is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:39   #538
RSR
Senior - BHPian

Fabulous pricing by Nissan!

Even after the introductory prices lapse, the Magnite will still be very good value for money. With the top CVT variant priced well within the 1 million rupee mark (ex-showroon), it does leave some room above for an XV Premium (Option) variant with side airbags & a couple of additional features.

Come on Nissan, if the Triber can get side airbags, them why can't Magnite get the same?

The 72 PS 1.0 NA variants may have uninspiring engine performance, but do remember the prices which they're sold at. Uninspiring this 1.0 NA engine may be, but one gets a vehicle in the Sonet/Venue/Vitara Brezza 4 metre class for the price of a micro-SUV like the Ignis/KUV100/Freestyle! And frankly speaking, I don't expect much of a difference in performance between a Magnite 1.0 NA and a KUV100.

Last edited by RSR : 2nd December 2020 at 13:49.
RSR is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:48   #539
Senior - BHPian

Commendable pricing strategy by Nissan!

5 to (almost) 10 lakhs is a wide price band for what is essentially the same car in the eyes of a layman. I would love to see how this goes down with the buyers.

To be honest, prices of the higher automatic variants aren't a huge draw as compared to the well-established competition. Early adopters will still be guinea pigs till the time Nissan regains consistent sales numbers.

Entry level variants are well-priced as well as well-equipped. There is no serious overlap with rivals either. I'm sure these variants will have a lot of takers. Eagerly waiting for GNCAP results and 1.0 NA engine driving impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
Managed to grab the brochure from their site.
It's funny that "Engine Start with Key" is termed as a convenience feature. How else does Nissan expect us to start the engine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudevarkey View Post
Even the top variant manuals also have more than 1 lakh difference in price.
I haven't compared the top variants but entry level variants (Brezza Lxi and Magnite XL Turbo) are almost neck and neck equipment-wise with a price difference of 34k. But what's the point? Brezza customers won't touch Nissan with a barge pole.

On a lighter note, Tata Nexon makes for a better contender because the customer is at least mentally prepared for iffy after sales!

Last edited by self_driven : 2nd December 2020 at 14:12.
self_driven is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2020, 13:52   #540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
[*]The real USP of this car will be the 1.0 Turbo & the CVT. The difference in pricing with a Brezza varies in the range of around 35K INR to as much as 1 Lakh INR in some variants at max.[/list]
There is a huge price difference between top variant Magnite CVT and top variant Brezza (4 speed)AT. Even the top variant manuals also have more than 1 lakh difference in price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_foo_fanta View Post
Anyone else planning to book in Kerala?
I made a booking on 13th Nov for CVT. I will take a final decision only after doing test drive.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 2nd December 2020 at 14:02. Reason: back to back posts merged
dudevarkey is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks