Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2020, 00:29   #376

re: Nissan Magnite Review

Its a really impressive car. I like it much better than Brezza which sells the most. Nissan always had good cars in their kitty but failed to capture the market. I am very positive of this car. I am very close to Nissan cars as worked in one of the dealerships 5 years ago. Driven Teana, Xtrails, Sunny and Micra. All very competent cars.. Wishing all the sucess to Nissan.
RachMath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 01:11   #377
BHPian

It is one of the best looking sub 4M SUV/Crossover IMO (if not the best).

To add to that, Engine+Gearbox+Space/Practicality seems to be good, as well.
What is unknown is safety! I hope that it scores good in GNCAP (if Brezza can get 4 star, Nissan can gun for at least that )

Last edited by Jas21 : 21st November 2020 at 01:14.
Jas21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 05:25   #378
BHPian

It seems the Magnite has everything going for it
Looks good;
Engine + CVT Drives good;
Interior is also okay though a bit funky to my taste
Space is also okay;
Pricing also seems to be very attractive if the rumours are to be believed;
Only thing left is a least 4* NCAP crash test rating and and checking the dwindling number of Nissan Dealerships.

Wish: If only XUV300 or Nexon had this sweet CVT mated to their turbo Petrols 🙂
buntee90 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 06:36   #379
Senior - BHPian

Great review- in fact its fully covered all that needs to be looked at.Nissan now needs to put in incredible efforts to make this car and their future a success in India.
fhdowntheline is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 08:50   #380
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Most of the YouTube reviewers seem overly critical of this car. Not sure which car they were comparing this to. But every one of them had a different negative which contradicted each other.

Thank you for the detailed review.
Bluengel180 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 09:27   #381
Senior - BHPian

Nissan India MD is an ex employee of Maruti, Hyundai, so I do not have much expectation from Magnite when it comes to crash worthiness. If they did not compromise, give it to GNCAP, get minimum 4*, and it can do a consistent 5k sales per month.
Old 21st November 2020, 09:29   #382
KPR
BANNED

Except low pricing I don't think it has the richness what competitors offer in their cars. I'm expecting that it is going to end up as another Datsun Go. There is a saying in tamil - "Kaasukku-etha Dosai" means for the price paid one gets quality of Dosa. It suits here in sub 4m SUV. Not without a reason XUV300 or Ecosport sells at high price.

Last edited by KPR : 21st November 2020 at 09:30.
Old 21st November 2020, 10:05   #383
Senior - BHPian

A couple of better unbiased reviews.

BHPian bunnypuniya from 91wheels has done a great job here. Except for the L mode comment.
Kartikeya from zigwheels.

Last edited by SoumenD : 21st November 2020 at 10:17.
SoumenD is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 10:23   #384
Distinguished - BHPian

For what meets the eye - there really is little to complain about this car. Fairly good looks, basic SUV credentials (like GC etc) are ticked, has some really cool features for the price. Can't complain as of now. I won't complain about build quality at all for now. Unless tested - it can go either way so I'll wait. Gut feeling - it might not score too high. But I have hope that I'll be proven wrong.

Real highlights for me at the expected price point -
  1. Rear wash+wipe standard across all variants. TAKE THAT ALL OTHER CAR MAKERS! SHAME ON YOU.
  2. Fresh design. Looks nice. Good alloy design too. (Didn't exactly like the finish on them though.)
  3. High value stuff like all-LED up front - which reviewers are saying do a good job of illumination too!
  4. Really good cabin packaging & design. Materials might be compromised as per the reviews but the design is really imaginative & seems to not have been held back. Loved them AC vents!
  5. Adjustable head-restraints at the back.
  6. Good storage.
  7. Wireless charger & TPMS!
  8. Excellent head unit screen layout & overall functioning. (Audio quality - well one brand still keeps the throne there.)
  9. Rather good MFD in the driver console.
  10. Good CVT.

I'd definitely consider this one (turbo) if I was shopping for a petrol car in this budget. But would wait for the crash test results to be out.

The bad part - the story of our market continues. The perfect combination of kit/features + safety + good engine still kind of continues to elude. The Magnite ticks a lot of boxes, but under the hood it packs a hatchback grade engine. A compromise certainly would be needed. (Agreed this engine will satisfy most needs of most people for our regular car needs.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Kartikeya from zigwheels.
True. In fact ZigWheels and EVO tend to have the most balanced reviews off late. These are the 2 that I view first always. Then the rest of them as savory.
Reinhard is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 11:21   #385
S2K
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
Thanks for the short unbiased review Aditya. Covers most of the aspects someone looking for a car in this segment would want to know. Nissan has thrown everything at it & it deserves to succeed

Having said that, just watched a couple of Youtube reviews and it feels as if quite a few reviewers are not happy about the Magnite being so feature loaded & don't miss a chance to throw in terms like low-cost-engineering , competitor to smaller hatchbacks, below the sub4m CSUV segment etc. Somehow it sounds as if Hyundai/Kia sales folks are doing the reviews. No wonder these Auto-experts were supremely tight-lipped about the recent GNCAP results
Yup, seems like that. I frustratingly called one out on social media when he was promoting the Venue/Sonet duo just a day after the latest GNCAP releases. His reply was on the lines of "no tests done for Venue/Sonet, but the build quality is good and bonnet/doors seem heavy, so the cars must be safe. So no need to worry about it. Show me their results and then I will speak about it".
And I was frustrated because this guy seems to be better at his job than most others. What's more, while he gives the benefit of the doubt to the Korean companies, its a completely opposite attitude with others. He calls out Tata for bad A.S.S., Maruti for bad build and safety, Ford for old design and no updates, and even the VAG cars for higher maintenance.
It feels like these people are on the Korean companies' payrolls.

Decided to not take any of these reviews seriously henceforth. Best is to rely on one's own judgement and research before and after a test drive.
S2K is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 12:17   #386
BHPian

Saw it in person but while it did look good the car somehow screamed DATSUN. I saw the brown color being test driven by some media people.

The car's front has similarities to the REDI-GO and while this is not great it did have a low noise and could not be heard over the Setos diesel I was driving.
Old 21st November 2020, 13:31   #387
BHPian

Skip to 14:51 in this video and notice the air intake is positioned quite high for this vehicle. Should be a boon to wade through water logged areas.
ATRONIX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 15:39   #388
BHPian

Nice and crisp review as always.

The car looks great for sure. We really need a challanger for the Korean siblings and Magnite might just have come at the right time for Nissan and the Indian car market.

On a different note, we are now flooded with these 3 cylinder and 1 litre turbo petrols which are reported to be exciting to drive but are untested for reliability.
TheVegabond is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 17:26   #389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRONIX View Post
https://Youtu.be/lgcyLTkD7LA

Skip to 14:51 in this video and notice the air intake is positioned quite high for this vehicle. Should be a boon to wade through water logged areas.
Looks impressive for the price. The front angle is the best and the backseat space is a surprise.
C300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2020, 18:08   #390
BHPian

Thanks Aditya for a detailed review.

Nissan Magnite looks amazing! I saw couple of videos on internet. Many reviewers say 'low cost engineering' and 'acceptable' in the same breath! Its like almost painful for them to give a good review

All the best Nissan! Please improve your dealer and ASC network!
ArunRam is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks