Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd January 2024, 14:06   #1621
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasadS View Post
Onroad is 13.64 and they are offering a discount of 95k bringing it down to 12.69. Is this a good offer?

Biggest red flag for me right now is; Car is may 23 *billed* as per the SA. Why will a May billed car still be available till Jan? Is it normal for Nissan?
During discussion they stated warranty starts from May23 as the car is already billed to them(so we loose almost 8 months of warranty) and they are offering+3 extended warranty but that will also be till May.
I queried as per my knowledge, the warranty should start when i purchase it and not when it was billed to you. His answered that the discount we're offered is being given in the first place since it's already a billed car.
Do refer this link - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...new-car-2.html (When does warranty officially start for a new car?)
raptor_diwan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:01   #1622

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimystic01 View Post
Hello Everyone!

For #1, I would request other Magnite CVT owners if they have had to replace their brake pads within 7K which still seems very early
I have a Magnite CVT which is close to 86000 km now. I had to replace brake pads twice so far. Once when it was at 40000 km and other one was at 80000 km.
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:18   #1623

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
I think it would just be easier to replace the pads with aftermarket ones from Bosch or TVS Apache. I've read somewhere that they are better quality. They also reduce the noise from the brakes during cold starts. I too have a CVT and yes the brakes on automatic cars do wear out faster because the brakes are always in use at low speed traffic. We're essentially slowing the car down through brakes and not through reducing input power like we do in manual cars. Plus little to no engine braking as compared to manual cars.

It's a known fact that the OEM pads are not of good quality. So we'd just be better off with after market brake pads.
Thank you for your inputs! Changing brake pads every 6K was giving me the jitters. But I now understand that its a known issue. Will evaluate the after- market pads.
Old 22nd January 2024, 16:22   #1624

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmax_rak View Post
I have a Magnite CVT which is close to 86000 km now. I had to replace brake pads twice so far. Once when it was at 40000 km and other one was at 80000 km.
Thank you for responding. 40,000 is considerable and legit.
Old 22nd January 2024, 17:34   #1625
BHPian

Quote:
I've XV Premium CVT and LED headlights, I didn't face this issue.

Also, did I read this right? He quoted Rs. 21,000 (21 Thousand) For headlight replacement?

That's grossly expensive! What are they making the headlight out of? Gold?
LED headlights are quite expensive. But thankfully, they are not self levelling HID's with swivel motors. My Jetta headlights costed me 62,000 each. BMW's cost upwards of 2,00,000 each.
blogslogger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2024, 00:05   #1626
BHPian

Thank you for the informative link.
The warranty issue is not a concern any longer as it'll be from the date of purchase for us.

What I'm more worried about is; what is a May23 manufacture car still doing in the stockyard at the end of Jan24?
Does magnite do very less numbers and inventory doesn't move that fast?
Old 23rd January 2024, 08:56   #1627
BHPian

Quote:
Did you get the CVT fluid replaced by any chance in this 86k duration? Did the service advisor ever recommend it?
Old 23rd January 2024, 10:41   #1628

Quote:
Did you get the CVT fluid replaced by any chance in this 86k duration? Did the service advisor ever recommend it?
No. I have specifically told the service advisor to check the CVT fluid during last PMS. But he did not do anything .What I understood is they do not have any idea about CVT fluid change intervals.
Old 23rd January 2024, 12:35   #1629

Quote:
I've XV Premium CVT and LED headlights, I didn't face this issue.

Also, did I read this right? He quoted Rs. 21,000 (21 Thousand) For headlight replacement?

That's grossly expensive! What are they making the headlight out of? Gold?
It's actually true. For a new Magnite LED headlight, one unit costs 21000. The DRL is 7000 rupees.

when you open the engine bay I can see there is a tool we can twist just behind the headlamp which is actually moving the bulb of headlight back and forth. This actually helped me reset the bulb to go inside the holder well. But the bulb has to stick to the holder to not fall again outside of it when I go on rough speedbumps. But the catch here is that when the bulb is tightly attached to the holder, it is aligned exactly to the center of the road not to slightly left as it's the left headlight. So I had to twist the right headlight as well to center instead of slightly right. So my headlights are shining towards completely center. Which is ok considering the high cost. Not getting any issue during night drive now.

Having said this. Can you help me here a bit?

Can you switch on your cars headlights and click a photo of headlight bulb at an angle 90 degrees to the actual beam. I mean to click a photo perpendicular to the outgoing beam. Just to see how your bulb is setup on your car.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2024 at 12:46. Reason: formatting and spacing
Old 23rd January 2024, 14:13   #1630

Quote:
Hello Everyone!

I purchased a Nissan Magnite CVT (Auto) towards the end of May 2023. As of today(19 Jan '24) it has clocked 6700 kms on the odo.

I went to the nearest official Nissan service centre for wheel alignment and balancing on the advice of a friend who suggested that its good have this done every 5000 kms since the roads in Bangalore roads are in bad condition. Turns out it was not necessary.

During the visual inspection, I was informed by the service agent today that the brake pads are worn out and need replacement. He also mentioned that if the pads are not replaced immediately, the discs will also wear out and will need replacement.

I was shocked that the brake pads of Magnite need to be replaced so early. When I expressed my dissatisfaction to the advisor, he mentioned two things:
1. The brake pads of the CVT do wear out faster than the manual.
2. Perhaps I was braking a lot.

For #1, I would request other Magnite CVT owners if they have had to replace their brake pads within 7K which still seems very early

For#2, my counter will be this: I have owned a Maruti Alto, Maruti Baleno and Ford Fiesta earlier. I have never had to replace the pads so early. The minimum I have clocked for a replacement has been 20,000 kms.

I escalated this matter to the Nissan customer care. I wanted to check if they can replace the pads free of charge since its a reflection of the poor quality - at least in my view. I was told that the brake pads are not covered under extended warranty and I will need to pay from my pocket. I'm OK to pay as long as it is justified. Hypothetically, If I use this car for approximately 1,00,000 kms, I will be spending close to 60,000 INR just for replacing brake pads. Then the additional threat of replacing the discs. Not to mention the time and effort I will be spending.

Would my fellow BhPians have any suggestions / advice for me? I'm thinking of approaching the consumer court.
Update: (23-Jan-'24). I went to the Nissan service centre to get the brake pads changed. However, my regular service advisor was on leave. Hence, another advisor assessed the brake pads and told me that the pads can go on for another 20,000 kms at the least. He even measured and showed me the depth of the pads which was around 13+mm. Therefore, there is no need to change the pads now.

My regular advisor just did a visual inspection the other day and told me that the pads have worn out. I'm not technically well versed so I believed his words. The Manager proactively told me that they are seeking explanation as to why the advisor suggested me to replace the pads when it was not needed.

Anyway, I'm glad that I don't need to replace the pads every 6000 kms.
optimystic01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 14:46   #1631
Distinguished - BHPian

Our neighbour, also a close friend, is bothered by the unreliability of his non-turbo Magnite. Registered in February 2023, the car lit up its dashboard lights like a Christmas tree, the first time in August 2023, and again in early January. The first time around, the Nissan service centre (Youwe Nissan at Okhla, New Delhi) returned the car after resetting the error, and no other action. In January, they cleaned the injectors, reset the error and returned the car, without pinpointing why the problem happened.

The friend travel outstation as well as drives long distances for work, and he is now terrified that the car will give up on him without notice. Both times that this error happened, the car went into limp mode first, and later refused to start, leaving him stranded - and he had to call in a flatbed truck to transport the car to the service centre.

The following is the body of his email to customercare.nissan@email.nissan.in dated 9th January 2024:
Quote:
The Customer Service Team,

Greetings,

I am writing this mail with great dissatisfaction and shock due to extreme issues I have been facing with the car.
I bought a Nissan Magnite with great expectation and excitement considering the big brand name.

I bought the car last year in February 2023 and hoped for a hassle-free and stress-free driving experience,

But to my shock I started facing problems within the span of 6 to 7 months of buying the car.

On 30th August 2023 all of a sudden the car stopped working by showing all caution and warning lights, due to which my family faced great issues, especially my father as I bought the car for him. The car had to be sent for maintenance and thinking it to be a one-time issue I let it pass by and got my hopes high again when the car was returned back after the maintenance. But it seems like either there is some problem or manufacturing issue with the car or the maintenance done on the car was not conducted properly because to my disbelief the same issue of all the caution and warning light appearing happened again last week (05th January 2024). My father, who is a senior citizen, was coming back from his work and the car started giving problems midway home. It has made our life very difficult as we are unable to use the car and my father is unable to attend his work. It has also put a fear of constantly worrying about the car which can stop working anywhere. Such kind of issues are not expected from a newly bought car from such a big brand name. Facing the same issues again and again in a short span of time has put a lot of stress on me and my family. I’m writing this complaint on a serious note as when a customer purchases a car he/she expects it to drive hassle free and hope for the company to give good service for many years.

It is totally unacceptable that a car from such a big brand name keeps giving issues rendering the car unusable. Taking the car to maintenance after everytime we face this issue is not a solution nor I am looking forward to facing these issues again as it keeps the safety of my family in doubt. I request you to kindly look into the matter and give a solution as I am done with it.

Looking forward to timely and correct actions.

Thank you
What is happening here? Anyone has any idea how this problem can be permanently resolved? Whom should he write to at Nissan, to take care of this?

Pictures from August 2023:

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-1.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-3.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-4.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-12.jpeg

Pictures from January 2024:

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-6.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-7.jpeg

Nissan Magnite Review-magnite-5.jpeg

I can see madmax_rak suffered a similar issue below...
Quote:
2. "Check Anti-Pollution System" Error :
Attachment 2478415

This was the one that had caused me a lot of problems to me...
... "Check Anti-Pollution System" error started showing in the meter console.
...They did not find any issues. The service advisor was saying it could be due to some loose connection, and this error usually indicates some water content in the exhaust . But they could not find any issue in the exhaust either. However, since the error was cleared...
...the same error started displaying again. I had called the service advisor again and he was clueless. He was saying that since it is not related to the engine, this won't be a problem for driving the car. But I was not convinced to go ahead as I will be travelling with my family and never want to get stranded in an unknown place.
...the error was displayed on the screen.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th January 2024, 23:59   #1632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Our neighbour, also a close friend, is bothered by the unreliability of his non-turbo Magnite. ...
I dont have any specific insight into this problem, but the variety of errors on display here remind me of the symptoms exhibited by the Jeep compass when its battery is dying. Has the battery on this car been checked?

Quote:
I think it would just be easier to replace the pads with aftermarket ones from Bosch or TVS Apache...
IIRC, different cars have different pad sizes+shapes. Do you know if TVS or Bosch (or anyone else) make brake pads for the Magnite? I had looked it up a few months ago on boodmo and it seemed like there was only the OEM(Nissan) pads available for the Magnite...
Transmission is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 00:03   #1633

Hey Guys! Back on this platform after a long time. Forgot the old username. Anyway, I just finished 10000kms with my Magnite XV premium Turbo CVT.

I am here today primarily to find out a few things from you all. Didn’t want my first post about the car to be about its negatives, but these are some concerns that’s bothering me.

1. There’s a constant rattling sound from around the AC vents on the dashboard. I started experiencing it from almost a week after I got it. I sent it to Surya Nissan Bangalore and then to EVM, Kottayam and all they seem to do is stick a load of insulation tapes inside and send it back. But this is a temperature fix. The rattling starts again in a few days. I’m sure there are others who have experienced it. Does anyone know solution to this? Is there any dashboard damping kinda thing that can be done?

2. The power windows don’t work unless the engine is on. This is annoying sometimes. Is there any fix to this? Am i doing something wrong?

3. I drive between Bangalore and Kochi at least once every month and that makes up most of my driving. Is there any good neck-rest that you recommend specifically for the car?

Apart from a few little things like this, I love everything else about the car. It’s very comfortable for my two 550km journeys in a month.

Took it to one of Kerala’s most difficult roads in Mamalakandam a month ago and that drive left me very impressed with how well it can cope up with bad roads(can’t really call it a road).
Just wondering if anyone could help me out with those little issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Nissan Magnite Review-img_0926.jpeg  

Hridy911 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th February 2024, 19:35   #1634
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Traveller View Post
Our neighbour, also a close friend, is bothered by the unreliability of his non-turbo Magnite.
Update: On account of the earlier post, and thanks to the efforts of BHPian swiftvxi06, my friend was contacted by Nissan's dealer as well as the company, and the car was taken in for a thorough inspection at the dealer's workshop. However, nothing abnormal was detected by the dealer's technicians as well as an engineer from Nissan, other than the service light which had come on at the time of inspection, and was reset. The car was returned to the owner, who continues to use it over the last 10 days without issues.

He's keeping his fingers crossed that there would be no further pain for him with the car. Now that the tantrums of the car have been noted by Nissan, we hope that the next time it happens (if it does), his issue would be addressed more proactively.
SS-Traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th February 2024, 15:29   #1635

Quote:
Hello Everyone!

I purchased a Nissan Magnite CVT (Auto) towards the end of May 2023. As of today(19 Jan '24) it has clocked 6700 kms on the odo.

I went to the nearest official Nissan service centre for wheel alignment and balancing on the advice of a friend who suggested that its good have this done every 5000 kms since the roads in Bangalore roads are in bad condition. Turns out it was not necessary.

During the visual inspection, I was informed by the service agent today that the brake pads are worn out and need replacement. He also mentioned that if the pads are not replaced immediately, the discs will also wear out and will need replacement.

I was shocked that the brake pads of Magnite need to be replaced so early. When I expressed my dissatisfaction to the advisor, he mentioned two things:
1. The brake pads of the CVT do wear out faster than the manual.
2. Perhaps I was braking a lot.

For#2, my counter will be this: I have owned a Maruti Alto, Maruti Baleno and Ford Fiesta earlier. I have never had to replace the pads so early. The minimum I have clocked for a replacement has been 20,000 kms.

I escalated this matter to the Nissan customer care. I wanted to check if they can replace the pads free of charge since its a reflection of the poor quality - at least in my view. I was told that the brake pads are not covered under extended warranty and I will need to pay from my pocket. I'm OK to pay as long as it is justified. Hypothetically, If I use this car for approximately 1,00,000 kms, I will be spending close to 60,000 INR just for replacing brake pads. Then the additional threat of replacing the discs. Not to mention the time and effort I will be spending.

Would my fellow BhPians have any suggestions / advice for me? I'm thinking of approaching the consumer court.
Hi, 7000 kms seems to be too early for brake pads to wear out in normal conditions. I recently changed brake pads on my Fortuner for the first time at 74000 kms. Definitely something is not right either with the pads or at the dealership. If i remember correctly brake pads lasted 72000 kms on my Skoda Octavia as well. Coming to CVTs first brake pad change was done on my wife's Baleno CVT at 35000 kms.
Maverick07 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks