Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2023, 16:43   #1516
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Did anyone here have aftermarket floor mats for their magnite?

I am currently using the hard-ish plastic 3D mats from the dealership (not the flexible ones that comes under basic accessories) and would like longer ones for the driver. The current ones are a bit short under the pedals and let the dirt from the footwear fall into the floor (fabric carpet).

So I'm looking at suggestions for better ones...
Old 4th July 2023, 11:46   #1517
BHPian

Hi BHPians, this is my first post in the forum, and I am glad to be part of the TeamBHP community.

I am planning for my first car, and as my wife insists on a SUVish kind of vehicle, so Hatchbacks and Sedans are out of the shortlist. I wanted an Automatic transmission vehicle for our convenience as we would use it mostly for city rides. However, as I have to work from home and my wife has a very small commute on the not to busy Greater Noida roads, It won't be running much. So, petrol trims are fine for us. Further, my budget limit is in the range of 10-12 L on the road and I would ideally like it to be below 10 L ex-showroom (12 L is the highest limit).

Given these conditions, there are only two vehicles in sight for me. I have zeroed down on Magnite XV CVT and Nexon XM AMT. I have huge confusion. While TD wasn't quite comfortable with Nexon AMT due to the lag, however, it ticked all the other department, the built, interiors, sturdiness and ride quality of Nexon is amazing. Magnite XV CTV on the other hand offers an amazingly smooth CVT transmission and a nice peppy 1.0 turbo engine, along with all the other added features making it a complete package and good value-for-money proposition. But, the ASS and dealership issues of Nissan (especially in Delhi NCR) are a serious put-off. Adding to this is the Game of Thrones-style corporate politics going on at the global level in Nissan (Recently COO resigned and there are also allegations that CEO was spying on COO- Is it a car company or the KGB)

I am hugely confused and would like the fellow BHPians to guide me through this and also suggest any other alternatives (I am not considering Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai or KIA for the safety issues with their vehicles)

Also, if I had to compromise on the automatic transmission and drop it from my list of must-have, then I am also contemplating Nexon MT lower trims below 10 L ex-showroom in the upcoming facelift. Is it worth the wait?

Last edited by suhaas307 : 4th July 2023 at 12:25. Reason: Minor spacing
prince707 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 12:08   #1518
BHPian

Has anyone got their Nissan Magnite CVT ATF replaced after 30k or 40k KM?

1. If so, did the dealership follow the guidelines of the factory service manual (Workshop manual)?

2. Can we get these manuals from Nissan if we request them? (I had read somewhere that Maruti provides these on request and we have to pay a nominal fee)

3. Are manufacturers in India obligated to publish their factory service manuals (workshop manuals) to customers? Can it be requested from Nissan if it is legally required?

I've seen these factory service manuals published for all Nissan models sold in North America. But Nissan Magnite is not sold there, so I couldn't find the service manual.
Old 4th July 2023, 12:18   #1519
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Transmission View Post
Can any Magnite CVT Turbo owners confirm the following behaviour of the car?

1. The car has a slight jerk - only sometimes - when moving forwards for the first time after a gear was changed into D(rive). The feeling is like a clutch was just engaged.
Hi, could you please confirm if the jerk issue was resolved? I am facing the exact same issue and it happens only during cold starts, when switching from P to D. Car jumps forward and there is a noticeable jerk
Old 4th July 2023, 14:15   #1520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
Hi, could you please confirm if the jerk issue was resolved? I am facing the exact same issue and it happens only during cold starts, when switching from P to D. Car jumps forward and there is a noticeable jerk
No, it wasn't fixed.

I have noticed that if I release the brake quickly it doesn't occur. I used to release the brake slowly - and that's when its most frequent (but again, it doesn't happen all the time).
Transmission is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2023, 23:51   #1521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince707 View Post
Hi BHPians, this is my first post in the forum, and I am glad to be part of the TeamBHP community.

I am planning for my first car, and as my wife insists on a SUVish kind of vehicle, so Hatchbacks and Sedans are out of the shortlist.
Also, if I had to compromise on the automatic transmission and drop it from my list of must-have, then I am also contemplating Nexon MT lower trims below 10 L ex-showroom in the upcoming facelift. Is it worth the wait?
Hey! Welcome to the forum!

I was in the same boat as you about a month ago. I really love sedans and manuals but my city conditions forced me to drop low ground clearance sedans and manual transmission options. And an automatic is just easier to drive even for novice drivers.

If you are going to wait, you'd probably have to wait til December because that's usually around the time Tata releases new models or facelifts. But it's doubtful if they'll release the new Nexon with the DCA gearbox that is in altroz. And even if they do, the prices aren't going to be palatable. Just look at the market trend for sub compact SUVs. The pricing is insane. Some of these exceed better built sedans like Honda City! Pricing probably isn't going to be good even if Nexon comes with DCA in the facelift. And AMT is a compromised experience. It does get the job done but it's not pretty. You're constantly aware of what the car is trying to do and it's inconsistent and will get on your nerves.

If you're going to compromise and get manual transmission, you'd better go with brezza (it has 4 star safety same as magnite) or Nexon.

If, however, automatic is preferred, there's no better option than magnite or kiger for you for the price. I've been driving the xv premium CVT for the past 750km and I can vouch for it's smoothness and relaxed driving in city conditions. You barely need to put any thought into driving it. The only niggles are with interior fitment (rattles) and some QC issues here and there. I bought magnite knowing these because I really liked the engine and gearbox combo. It's just that good!

Be mindful that the quality of interiors is indeed kwid or Alto K10 level (may be a tad better), but Nissan spent it's money on the engine and transmission and safety rather than the interior fitment. So it's a choice between practical drivetrain (magnite) vs aesthetic interiors (Nexon).

As for service center availability, I live about 10 minutes from a large dealership in my city and so I could confidently buy magnite. Your situation might be different. If you have service centers farther away or not at all in some of the places you visit, you'd have to rethink Nissan. Perhaps try Renault kiger as well (it has the same fantastic drive train plus additional service touch points).

Choose wisely!
vamsi.vadrevu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 00:01   #1522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SutilSapien View Post
I'm still facing the jerk issue and I haven't been to the service center yet. I've only done 750km so far. Here's what I think is happening.

The sound we hear from brakes is probably the brake pads sticking to the brake rotor. And because it happens at parking speeds when starting and stopping, the rotors and pads are rubbing and probably vibrating (misaligned pads maybe?). The same issue is probably also causing the jerk the first time you release the brakes. The brakes are only "unsticking" after a certain amount of torque is applied on wheels and that's when they are suddenly getting released causing the jerk. I'm not sure if what I've said makes any sense but that's what it feels like to me.

I need to take it to the service center and get the brake pads and rotors cleaned up and check if the pads are returning back freely after applying brakes.

As for the jerk, when you're about to release the brakes, just pump them quickly once or twice before the vehicle moves, and the brake pads will unstick and you won't feel the jerk. This is how I'm preventing the jerk every morning.
Old 5th July 2023, 00:05   #1523
BHPian

Quote:

I am currently using the hard-ish plastic 3D mats from the dealership (not the flexible ones that comes under basic accessories) and would like longer ones for the driver.

So I'm looking at suggestions for better ones...
I'm also using the same hard plastic 3d floor mats from Nissan. But I've got full PVC floor matting done from outside as well and so I don't need to worry about dust falling below the plastic mats. It's just a matter of vacuuming or cleaning with damp cloth. You could consider the same solution.
Old 5th July 2023, 07:34   #1524
Senior - BHPian

I have been searching for an auto transmission car for my wife; so far, I have driven the Glanza, Baleno i20, Grand i10 NIOS, Punch, Ignis, Nexon EV, and Magnite in one week. The Nissan Magnite with turbo CVT stands out as the best in terms of driving comfort and safety features.

It is surprising that so many popular cars with AMT do not have Hill Assist, except the Grand i10, Glanza, and Magnite. The interiors of Magnite are not at par with those of its competitors, but they are spacious, and overall visibility is good. The turbocharged CVT petrol vehicle is very smooth to drive, and with a GC of 205 mm, it can be driven on rough roads
Old 5th July 2023, 22:20   #1525
Distinguished - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Did anyone here have aftermarket floor mats for their magnite? So I'm looking at suggestions for better ones...
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered the above one. It is a good fit and good quality.
4x4addict is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 23:01   #1526
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
The brakes are only "unsticking" after a certain amount of torque is applied on wheels and that's when they are suddenly getting released causing the jerk. I'm not sure if what I've said makes any sense but that's what it feels like to me.

I have a similar thought - that its probably the response of the engine/gearbox-ECU combo to what it senses as an obstruction (from the braking) that is causing it...

(That - or thats the first gear inside the CVT engaging via a clutch pack - If I read some obscure pdfs correctly then the Magnite's CVT actually has a proper (mechanical-teeth) 1'st gear. Who knows...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4x4addict View Post
https://www.amazon.in/gp/product/B09...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I ordered the above one. It is a good fit and good quality.
Thank you for the suggestion! Can I also request a couple of pics of the driver's footwell area (especially the area near the pedals) to check for the coverage there? I cant seem to find any magnite-specific pics from the amazon reviews.
Transmission is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2023, 23:24   #1527
BHPian

Quote:
I am hugely confused and would like the fellow BHPians to guide me through this and also suggest any other alternatives (I am not considering Maruti Suzuki, Hyundai or KIA for the safety issues with their vehicles)
If your issue is only Nissan Service, you can look for Renault Kiger. Prices are similar model wise. Engine, transmission and platform are same for both. After the BS6.2 update this April, Kiger got safety update + Kiger has 4 airbags and slightly larger bootspace. Do enquire if your city has better Renault Service.
Old 6th July 2023, 16:14   #1528
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vamsi.vadrevu View Post
Hey! Welcome to the forum!

I was in the same boat as you about a month ago. I really love sedans and manuals but my city conditions forced me to drop low ground clearance sedans and manual transmission options. And an automatic is just easier to drive even for novice drivers.

If you are going to wait, you'd probably have to wait til December because that's usually around the time Tata releases new models or facelifts. But it's doubtful if they'll release the new Nexon with the DCA gearbox that is in altroz. And even if they do, the prices aren't going to be palatable. Just look at the market trend for sub compact SUVs. The pricing is insane. Some of these exceed better built sedans like Honda City! Pricing probably isn't going to be good even if Nexon comes with DCA in the facelift. And AMT is a compromised experience. It does get the job done but it's not pretty. You're constantly aware of what the car is trying to do and it's inconsistent and will get on your nerves.

If you're going to compromise and get manual transmission, you'd better go with brezza (it has 4 star safety same as magnite) or Nexon.

If, however, automatic is preferred, there's no better option than magnite or kiger for you for the price. I've been driving the xv premium CVT for the past 750km and I can vouch for it's smoothness and relaxed driving in city conditions. You barely need to put any thought into driving it. The only niggles are with interior fitment (rattles) and some QC issues here and there. I bought magnite knowing these because I really liked the engine and gearbox combo. It's just that good!

Be mindful that the quality of interiors is indeed kwid or Alto K10 level (may be a tad better), but Nissan spent it's money on the engine and transmission and safety rather than the interior fitment. So it's a choice between practical drivetrain (magnite) vs aesthetic interiors (Nexon).

As for service center availability, I live about 10 minutes from a large dealership in my city and so I could confidently buy magnite. Your situation might be different. If you have service centers farther away or not at all in some of the places you visit, you'd have to rethink Nissan. Perhaps try Renault kiger as well (it has the same fantastic drive train plus additional service touch points).

Choose wisely!
Thanks for this detailed reply.

How has your experience been with the ride quality (over bumps, undulating roads) and the interior build quality (rattling noise and other such issues)? I am pretty scared reading some of the posts here about the quality issues.

During the TD (I drove the MT one as the CVT TD vehicle was unavailable), I felt the driver bucket seat to be narrow (I have a slightly broad build, and I am used to driving Tiago and Verna, which have pretty broad and comfortable seats that hug you properly). I also found the back seats don't have enough thigh support as compared to the Tata cars. Are there any aftermarket upgrades that can add to the seat comfort?
Have planned for a CVT TD this weekend. Will share my experience here.
Old 6th July 2023, 22:37   #1529
BHPian

Quote:
How has your experience been with the ride quality (over bumps, undulating roads) and the interior build quality (rattling noise and other such issues)? I am pretty scared reading some of the posts here about the quality issues.
The ride is definitely not as smooth as Kiger or Brezza. But it is confidence inspiring at high speeds. Also, you'll hear a lot of suspension noise. I've had my front doors start to rattle at 100km when going over slight bumps too! I think, the windows when rolled up completely, are probably not seated well enough and are rattling in their positions. They don't rattle if they're even slightly below their fully closed positions. Brakes are still making a noise first thing in the morning when I start driving. But all these still don't take away from the smoothness of the engine and gearbox. I tend to forget these when I'm driving in peak traffic and appreciate the effortless ease with which I can overtake or just cruise along! I play my favorite tunes and the rattles and suspension noise no longer bother me at all! Stock speakers are quite serviceable unless you're an audiophile. And I've found the windshield wipers are causing a BRRRRR sound when wiping against it! It guess they need some adjustment. Other than these small niggles, I'm quite happy with the car. (Please do note that I'm coming from an Alto K10 2013 model, so my bar for satisfaction is as low as it can be! Any upgrade is an upgrade for me!)

Quote:

During the TD (I drove the MT one as the CVT TD vehicle was unavailable), I felt the driver bucket seat to be narrow (I have a slightly broad build, and I am used to driving Tiago and Verna, which have pretty broad and comfortable seats that hug you properly). I also found the back seats don't have enough thigh support as compared to the Tata cars. Are there any aftermarket upgrades that can add to the seat comfort?
Have planned for a CVT TD this weekend. Will share my experience here.
I've found the seats to be relatively comfortable. I'll be honest and admit that I was not able to find a major difference in "perceived comfort" between Magnite seats and Nexon. This could be because I didn't have enough time behind the wheel on these vehicles. I'm 5'8'' and I found a comfortable driving position for me.

I don't think there's any way to increase the under-thigh support. Maybe aftermarket seat fabricators can do something about it, I do not know. But I found the rear seats comfortable enough to fall asleep with proper arm rests and a decent recline angle and adjustable headrests.

If Magnite is your first car, you'd probably not find too much wrong with it. But if you're already coming from another brand, I think you'd find some quality issues with Magnite. (I'm practically a new car owner because Alto K10 barely qualified as a car. It was a skateboard with 4 wheels and a roof!)
Old 7th July 2023, 13:33   #1530
BHPian

Good news for the people in Delhi NCR who are contemplating on buying Nissan Magnite.

I had written a mail to Nissan customer care and top management (including the MD and Director-Sales, about the limited number of dealers and service centres in Delhi NCR, especially the Noida-Gr. Noida region. I received a call from Nissan, and the person who called confirmed that they are opening a new dealership and service centre in Noida by the end of July. The official announcement will be made in a few days.

Hope they stay true to their word. Fingers Crossed!
prince707 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks