Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2022, 18:34   #1381
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quick update :

1 ) Factory painted panels are NOT available despite what I was told yesterday
2 ) Dealership is getting panels painted in "base" color from Nissan - they will then get a qualified painter from "Nippon" to come and oversee the paint process and have asked me to come and watch the same. I have no clue how painting new panels is any different than stripping paint off the panels on my car and painting them again but didn't question the approach. They are trying to help and it's not fair for me to question their motive even if I don't understand it.

Edit : Never ever thought painting a panel could be such a herculean task. I didn't even ask for paint to be matched with the rest of the car which I know is a bit difficult. I just asked the paint on each panel to be uniform across the panel. Right now my bonnet color is dark red at the bottom to dark pink at the top which looks whitish when viewed under glare / strong light.

Last edited by akg7091 : 1st October 2022 at 18:37.
akg7091 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2022, 17:09   #1382
BHPian

And the suspension noise is back

Last edited by vb-saan : 9th October 2022 at 07:27. Reason: Annnnnnnnnnndddddddd -> And
akg7091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 10:13   #1383
BHPian

Nissan Magnite car being cheap, very cheap materials are used in it, so it is common to have some problems in this car.
amrit_bareta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 12:15   #1384
BHPian

akg7091, your ordeal and that too in Noida, New Delhi has made realise how glad I am I didn't get a Nissan Magnite. Please do get me wrong but I had booked the XE variant in December 2020.

After a short ordeal with the only Nissan Showroom here in Odisha, I switched the Booking to a Renault Kiger and then finally ended up getting an Ignis. Simple reasons being the great customet support network MASS has.

I have nothing against Nissan and Renault in general but when you're a working middle class individual, you want to play safe and bet on a car that has a foreseeable future, especially if you're considering to own it for 10-15 years.

Just my 2 cents on the topic. All this issue, Magnite.is a really fantastic car. It's the dealer and service network that worries me.
Bismaya is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 12:19   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrit_bareta View Post
Nissan Magnite car being cheap, very cheap materials are used in it, so it is common to have some problems in this car.
What does this even mean? Do you have some sort of data to back up your claims?
Doonite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 13:19   #1386
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doonite View Post
What does this even mean? Do you have some sort of data to back up your claims?
Yes!! my relative had this car and he is also facing many defects in the car, I have driven that car many times, the plastic, buttons, leather and electronics in the car seem to be very basic and of poor quality, and this is common thing that in 6 lakh rupees car out of which if taxes are reduced then the price of the car will be very low. How can any company use good material in the car at such low price
I only said that what I found right or wrong in Magnite. It is my own opinion based on my own experience
amrit_bareta is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 16:37   #1387
BHPian

I agree with Amrit Bareta. The quality of parts on the Magnite is awful. It's built to a cost. The Kicks, even the Redigo, are much better built than the Magnite. Worst part is the complete lack of OE support. Nissan India DOES NOT call back. Their employees will NOT answer your call or reply to emails or WhatsApp. They will not send engineers to diagnose an issue that the dealership is unable to fix (6 months and counting for the suspension noise - multiple requests that someone from Nissan come and check it but no response)

Nissan India is a dead organization. They make the likes of BSNL and govt pension offices appear more customer friendly.

I hope nobody has to go through the hell that I have gone through by buying this piece of shit.

@Admins - I am sure you guys have connects with the senior leadership teams at all OEMs. Can someone PLEASE get someone senior from Nissan involved ? At this point of time I don't even care if they don't fix the suspension noise, but atleast investigate and if it's a QC issue with the parts / suppliers then improve the quality so other customers don't suffer. I have written off the money spent on the Magnite as a dead investment and will try to move on. I now understand the value of someone like Zac Hollis leading a company - Rakesh Srivastava is all for show. He doesn't even bother replying to requests on Twitter or fixing the crap processes he's set in place and is responsible for. Nissan won't survive in India for long with such leadership.

My suggestion to everyone is - DO NOT BUY NISSAN VEHICLES IF YOU VALUE PEACE OF MIND

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th October 2022 at 10:50. Reason: Missing capitalizations
akg7091 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 16:37   #1388
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Quick update :

1 ) Factory painted panels are NOT available despite what I was told yesterday
2 ) Dealership is getting panels painted in "base" color from Nissan - they will then get a qualified painter from "Nippon" to come and oversee the paint process and have asked me to come and watch the same. I have no clue how painting new panels is any different than stripping paint off the panels on my car and painting them again but didn't question the approach. They are trying to help and it's not fair for me to question their motive even if I don't understand it.

Edit : Never ever thought painting a panel could be such a herculean task. I didn't even ask for paint to be matched with the rest of the car which I know is a bit difficult. I just asked the paint on each panel to be uniform across the panel. Right now my bonnet color is dark red at the bottom to dark pink at the top which looks whitish when viewed under glare / strong light.
Hi there! I have had my Nissan Magnite Turbo MT since Mar 2022 and have clocked ~4500km so far.
It took me 3-4 weeks to actually start liking the car, but I have started to appreciate the good things about it today.

I agree with you on the paint quality, it is truly awful. I don't use a pressure washer and the silver paint on the bonnet has still started to chip slightly. I'm not too worked up about it, as you can't notice it unless you look for it.

However, I haven't faced any issues with the suspension or the handles or the HU (touchwood!) so far. May I know around what odo-reading you started to notice these things?

I do hope your issues are solved at the earliest! Thank you!
rishil.ghurki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 16:56   #1389
BHPian

@Rishil ji - the DRLs failed ~14000km. Suspension noise came ~11000 km. HU started giving issues ~9000km. Not sure of when the paint started chipping off but I noticed it at when I had gone for the suspension noise ( there was some white spotting on the bonnet and the factory next door to the dealership was being painted so I thought it was paint. I asked the cleaning guy to remove it and he pointed out that there was no paint ! What I was looking at was the steel spots shining through the red color )
akg7091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 20:21   #1390
BHPian

Quote:
I agree with Amrit Bareta. The quality of parts on the magnite is awful. It's built to a cost. The kicks, even the redigo, are much better built than the magnite. Worst part is the complete lack of OE support. Nissan India DOES NOT call back. Their employees will NOT answer your call or reply to emails or whatsapp. They will not send engineers to diagnose an issue that the dealership is unable to fix ( 6 months and counting for the suspension noise - multiple requests that someone from Nissan come and check it but no response )
Thank you for agreeing with me, sir. Nissan has not done well with you. You trusted such a company and purchased their car, which is struggling for sales in the Indian market. Nissan India should have taken this seriously this and solved your problem.

Employees at Nissan should be ashamed that they are bringing back their company rather than moving it forward.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 10th October 2022 at 10:47. Reason: Cleaning up post
amrit_bareta is offline   (2) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 9th October 2022, 21:17   #1391
BHPian

Humble request, please like and rt my experience so Nissan India is forced to acknowledge the issues. They don't deserve to do business in India but are selling sub standard vehicles with impunity because they know our laws are weak and justice takes decades.

DO NOT BUY NISSAN CARS. THEY HAVE NO CUSTOMER CARE

https://twitter.com/akg7091/status/1579135372856274944
akg7091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 22:54   #1392
BHPian

Quote:
@Rishil ji - the DRLs failed ~14000km. Suspension noise came ~11000 km. HU started giving issues ~9000km. Not sure of when the paint started chipping off but I noticed it at when I had gone for the suspension noise ( there was some white spotting on the bonnet and the factory next door to the dealership was being painted so I thought it was paint. I asked the cleaning guy to remove it and he pointed out that there was no paint ! What I was looking at was the steel spots shining through the red color )
Thank you for your reply. I was planning on investing in some aftermarket upgrades like speakers, mats etc. on the car, but I might reconsider now.

As for your car, do you have plans to sell it? I'm aware that the used car market is inflated right now, not sure how long it will last.

I do empathize your situation. Owning a car is something special and when such incidents occur, it makes one question so many things!
Old 10th October 2022, 15:05   #1393
BHPian

I have decided to give the service center one last try and if the issues persist will book my loss and sell the car. No point spending 5 days a month at the service center.

FYI - I got quotes for this car from the dealership. A brand new magnite XV pre turbo CVT DT is ~12.2lacs onroad. Add the pricing for the 5 yr gold service package and extended warranty and it must be ~12.5lacs I guess. I spent an additional 28k for the ceramic coating.

Dealer offered me only 8.5lacs for this car driven only 14k. Nissan vehicles don't command a good price in the used car market.
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2022, 16:34   #1394
BHPian

Dropped the car off at the workshop

1 ) Suspension noise will be inspected again - test drove a manual magnite and there was no noise in the other car. Test drove a demo automatic that was making too much noise in every part possible ( and I told the dealership I am not comfortable comparing suspension noise with this car as it is making noise even while standing still ) and the suspension noise was present in this one. The test drive was inconclusive and needs to be checked again on delivery whether the noise is normal / excess
2 ) Wheel alignment will be done ( car was pulling right )
3 ) Bonnet being painted by a Nippon employee - he inspected the existing paint job and made the same comments that I had made without being aware of my exact complaints. He pointed out the same white patches I had noticed and reprimanded the workshop for the paint damage on the fenders / surrounding panels ( in his view this has happened due to using rubbing tools without using masking tape on the fenders ). The bonnet underside was slightly damaged and rusted as pointed out by me - he thinks this happened while the bonnet was removed and painted the last time.
4 ) The door paint will be fixed as well - not being repainted
5 ) Fenders / other panels damaged will be touched up to cover the bare metal and avoid rusting

The bonnet / door are NOT being replaced with new panels. Existing panels are being repainted.
akg7091 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 12th October 2022, 11:06   #1395

I read this post and countless other posts of reliability issues in new cars. Even the reliable ones like Hyundai/Toyota have so many complains in this forum and other social media platforms. That makes me wonder- is it the electronics and gadgetry to blame? It can't be possible that likes of Nissan have forgot how to make cars? Probably the race to stuff in the car with as much computer possible getting us to this position. Engines in themsleves are reliable but the whole computer control mechanism is probably messing around the working on Machine overall. Paint & Plastic quality are going down because of balance between Cost & Gadgetry. By the time designer start selecting upholstery, paint, plastic they are probably not left with any budget at all..?

I am not Luddite and am in favour of Tech in cars but they are supposed to make our lives easier and not tough. Tech in car has become the trend similar to removing headphone jack from smartphone....i.e. Tech making our lives tough and costly rather simple..
BanerjeePupul is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks