Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th September 2022, 15:53   #1366
BHPian

Update :

Dropped the car off at the dealership today

1 ) Suspension noise was still present. Suspension has been opened 3/4 times in 3 months. This time I was told that they will replace the front right shocker under warranty because the noise isn't going away
2 ) Both DRLs being replaced under warranty. One is completely dead and the other has started failing as per the service advisor. Car has run ~15k kms so the DRLs shouldn't fail so quickly. NO MODS / Outside accessories installed except a dashcam powered by the cigarette lighter. I am glad I didn't get a woofer installed when I got the car otherwise Nissan being Nissan would have denied to replace the HU / DRLs etc
3 ) Rear tail lamp being replaced FOC as "goodwill" - there was a dead insect inside it and they opened the tail lamp to clean it up. No physical damage / impact so not sure how the insect got inside a sealed unit. I was told by the SA that it will be replaced but they had cleaned it and refit without my knowledge. I got to know only when I asked to see the old one on taking delivery of the car - they had to admit they didn't replace despite telling me it was replaced !
4 ) Bonnet will be repainted FOC - I have been told that the previous paint job was not as per SOP ( they missed the heat treatment ) and this time it will be painted properly.

I hope someone from Nissan India reads this thread. I want Nissan to succeed. I haven't faced any issues with the kicks / redigo we bought. It's only the magnite where the poor quality of parts used is showing up within a year of use. They need to audit the parts supplied by vendors to ensure their specs are being met. Wonderful car - great engine / gearbox / mileage. Poor QC.

Apart from a few misses, the dealership employees have been helpful. No complaints except "forgetting" about the work to be done for 3 weeks ( ETA 3 days ) "twice !" and cleaning the tail lamp when I was told it had been replaced. Hopefully this time they will actually replace the tail lamp !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thugz_doge View Post
But looking at the reviews, looks like the suspension is very stiff in 2022 model and lots of engine noise as well. As of now, I'm rethinking my choice and thinking of booking grand vitara base edition. Suggestions?
The engine / gearbox are very good for the price. Suspension is stiff but not really a major pain point. Engine noise / vibrations are there but at par with any other 3 cylinder turbo engine. Go for the magnite if you can risk dealing with visiting the workshop every other month. If you want to visit the workshop once a year go for the Grand Vitara

Last edited by libranof1987 : 12th September 2022 at 17:17. Reason: Merging back-to-back posts. Kindly use the Edit/Quote+ functionality to quote multiple posts.
akg7091 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th September 2022, 16:28   #1367
BHPian

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quick update :

My car was supposed to be returned on wednesday ( I had offered them to take a few more days and I will pick it up on friday / saturday lol ).

It's saturday and no clue when I will get the car back. Nobody knows anything. The first clue that it's not gonna be returned on time was ........... when someone called me on tuesday evening to ask me what is wrong with the car. It just stood there in the workshop for 2 days ! Got a call on thursday by a lady to bring my car in for repairs !

I hope this thread reaches Rakesh ji's inbox somehow. The ASS is a mess.
Old 17th September 2022, 18:22   #1368
BHPian

@admins - Can't edit the previous message thus the new post

1 ) No update on phone / wa for vehicle status so went to the workshop - glad I did !
2 ) Bonnet being repainted today - vehicle with them since monday !
3 ) They forgot to order the parts under warranty, AGAIN ! Third time this has happened IIRC. I can't even understand how you can forget to order the parts to be replaced. Vehicle has been with them for a week now. I literally went from desk to desk to get the parts ordered today
4 ) Vehicle will be returned on thursday, I guess.

DO NOT BUY NISSAN INDIA VEHICLES. THE COMPANY IS NOT SERIOUS ABOUT ANYTHING. There is no customer care which will help you when dealers don't do their work. Nissan is not even 1% of how customer centric Maruti is.
akg7091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 20:43   #1369
BHPian

Update - Conference call with the ASM service. It has been discussed that the dealership will properly diagnose the issues and share a deadline for resolution tomorrow. Waiting for my magnite to come back home soon with all niggles fixed.

In 20 odd years of car ownership and service this is the first time I felt "lost" - nobody knows anything and there's no formal matrix for escalating to OEM. Every email to the customer care is just forwarded to the dealership. Nissan India CC doesn't even bother to try and resolve issues. Maruti is truly the gold standard of customer service and now I understand why it sells in such numbers - peace of mind !
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2022, 21:02   #1370
BHPian

Tough luck, hope you get over this nightmare soon. After it is done, send appropriate feedback to Nissan India and Global via email.

Which mahaan service center in Noida is it?
Bhokal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2022, 16:20   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhokal View Post
Tough luck, hope you get over this nightmare soon. After it is done, send appropriate feedback to Nissan India and Global via email.

Which mahaan service center in Noida is it?
It's Neo Nissan Noida

Nissan India CC is copied on EVERY email. A few other Nissan employees ( guessed emails using linkedin ) such as head customer quality North India are copied. 4+ months. 2 dozen odd emails documenting status. NOBODY at Nissan India has bothered to call back ( normal CC calls me and tells me they are looking into it but nothing happens after that )

I got the number of the ASM service through a jugaad and he called back only when I texted / called him a few times. Nissan India is definitely the worst OEM in India. They make even MTNL look more customer service oriented

I can't believe Rakesh ji has setup such horrible processes after looking at how great he was at Hyundai. Seems that even he has given up and nobody's bothered about anything anymore

@Admins - can someone PLEASE share this thread with the senior leadership team at Nissan. Maybe they want to fix the processes before Nissan Next becomes Nissan Dead !

Last edited by akg7091 : 20th September 2022 at 16:21.
akg7091 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st September 2022, 16:21   #1372
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akg7091 View Post
Update - Conference call with the ASM service. It has been discussed that the dealership will properly diagnose the issues and share a deadline for resolution tomorrow.
Tomorrow never comes. I was supposed to get an update by noon 20th sep 2022 and the car maybe by EOD 22nd Sep 2022. No status update. Nissan India is a joke
Old 22nd September 2022, 02:36   #1373
BHPian

Quote:
Tomorrow never comes. I was supposed to get an update by noon 20th sep 2022 and the car maybe by EOD 22nd Sep 2022. No status update. Nissan India is a joke
Thank you for sharing updates. I have XV premium booked but my top most priority is hassle free experience. And looking at your ordeal, I'm better off avoiding magnite.

I have grand vitara booked (base edition). I'll get it switched to Baleno top variant as I'm leaning towards automatic with 360 degree camera. Magnite and baleno were the only choices but now only baleno is left.

When I booked grand vitara, I was added to a whatsapp group with regional manager heads for any escalations. Looks like Maruti takes customer satisfaction factor very seriously.
thugz_doge is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 03:20   #1374
BHPian

I feel both good and bad that you are not buying a nissan vehicle. I want people to buy Nissan cars so that they don't pack up and leave idiots like me stuck without service. But I don't want anyone else to suffer the sarkari attitude of the dealerships.

If you can risk it ( not all dealerships will be the same ) go for the magnite - the engine and gearbox combo is SUPER. We have a manual 2018 baleno and the magnite is a superior car by far. The gearbox is silky smooth. I don't think there's any other car at this price point offering so much value. I just hope Nissan improves. Also keep in mind the Baleno now uses AMT instead of CVT IIRC

I have driven the following vehicles priced less than 25 lacs in the past 10 years and can very confidently say the gearbox and engine combo is out of this world. Even my wife who is clueless about cvt / amt / tc etc says the magnite is much easier to drive than other cars in the house.

1 ) Civic hybrid - very smooth but laggy gearbox if the hybrid battery is not charged ( no torque from the electric motors ). This is superior to the magnite with the electric motors but the magnite is much better if only ICE is compared
2 ) Baleno manual - magnite wins hands down in all aspects except servicing
3 ) Verna a/t and manual - magnite is MUCH smoother than the verna a/t.
4 ) XUV 700 - the AISIN gearbox is very quick but you know when it's shifting unlike the CVT in the magnite which is seemless
5 ) City CVT - has more lag than the magnite ( even I find it hard to believe but it's true ! )

Quick update as well : received call at 9:30pm from the dealership team - vehicle has been repaired and will most likely be delivered tomorrow. As a goodwill gesture they repainted minor scratches I had on the rear left door without any charges or such a request being made by me ( no dents - just scratches from an auto that decided to rub AND cut against my car waiting at a red light )

Last edited by akg7091 : 22nd September 2022 at 03:22.
akg7091 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2022, 23:02   #1375
BHPian

Quick update :

Went to pickup the vehicle. Things seem to be moving now but I am pretty sure nobody senior from Nissan has read this thread. All of the work discussed was done but there was still some sound ( ~20% of the original noise ) coming from the suspension which I pointed out to them during a test drive. I have been assured they will diagnose and fix this as well. They have promised to deliver the vehicle tomorrow but as I am travelling I will pick it up on Monday. Hope it's fixed properly this time because the workshop in my city has shut down ( today was their last day ) and the new workshop won't open for the next 2-3 months atleast
Old 24th September 2022, 22:56   #1376
BHPian

I wanted to share my experience of buying a Nissan Magnite. I was one of the unfortunate people in Bangalore who lost their cars to the floods. I had a Honda Jazz and a Tata Hexa (that I absolutely loved) that got flooded. The Jazz is a total loss, while the Hexa is still being evaluated.

In any case, I needed a car either as a replacement for the Jazz or as the sole car (depending on what happens to the Hexa). I decided to go for a small automatic under 18L on road. I am 6'3". So, I needed the car to be spacious. I also wanted a driver's seat that moved back far enough to make me feel comfortable. I also wanted "value for money". The vehicles I considered are:

1. VW Taigun/Skoda Kushaq
2. VW Virtus/Skoda Slavia
3. Kia Sonet
4. Tata Punch
5. Nissan Magnite
6. Renault Kiger

I test drove the Taigun. It was a good experience. It had decent space for the driver and decent space overall. Drive was balanced. I had shortlisted the Highline 1.0 TSI AT variant (mid-level). I will get back to why I rejected it.

I didn't test drive the Virtus/Slavia twins. There wasn't enough headroom up front and it was much worse in the back.

I dropped the Kia Sonet for mediocre safety and a long waiting list. It also felt overpriced compared to my final choice, the Magnite.

The Tata Punch felt smaller. And it had a waiting list. For a guy who has no car and lives in a part of Bangalore that isn't well served by public transportation and Uber, waiting lists aren't acceptable.

That left the Magnite and the Kiger. Even though they are twins, the Magnite felt slightly roomier. And the Magnite had more features for the price. Although the Kiger had more boot space than the Magnite on paper, I couldn't tell the difference. The interior space in the Magnite wasn't too far away from the Taigun.

When I test drove the Magnite, I was pleasantly surprised. The 3-cyl buzz, although more than the buzz in the Taigun, didn't bother me as much. Since I used the drive the Jazz earlier, I was used to the CVT and the Nissan version actually felt better. The 1L turbo was peppy and generally refined. The ride and handling was balanced. While it wasn't as good as the Taigun, it wasn't too far off. At the end of the day, I was getting a top-end Magnite for 5 lakhs cheaper OTR than a mid-variant Taigun and that made the decision for me.

I booked the car on Sep 16 and drove it home today, Sep 24.
kovilkalai is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th September 2022, 23:31   #1377
BHPian

Finally got the car back late night on Monday. Suspension noise is resolved ( strut replaced )- the strut was VISIBLY BENT. It seems they had never actually inspected the suspension in the over 4 months and 5/6 times they supposedly "opened the suspension and found nothing wrong". Wheel alignment is out despite the service center claiming it was done - vehicle is veering right and steering needs to be turned slightly left to go straight - the workshop in my city has now shut down and the new workshop will open in 2 months so will get this done again once it reopens.

Bonnet repainted foc under warranty as well as the rear left door panel which had minor scratches - both had MULTIPLE LONG scratches when I got the car back

Atleast the car is back. Such a great vehicle let down by an OEM that doesn't care
akg7091 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 19:10   #1378
BHPian

Went to a detailer to get the bonnet ceramic coated. When the car was put under the studio lights my pain was visible on my face -

1 ) Multiple spots without any paint at all !
2 ) Bonnet was white / red / pink - multiple colors in multiple areas
3 ) Fenders near the bonnet on both side - paint stripped off completely on areas common with the bonnet and white lines / scratches / polish something marks on ALL panels next to the door / bonnet that they had repainted
4 ) VERTICAL SCRATCHES on the fender touching the door panel ! How can you even scratch vertically by accident ????????????
5 ) White paint spot marks on the entire engine bay / both ORVMS / inside the driver side door on the power window switch trims

The lack of faith in their ability to paint properly is why I had told the Neo Nissan team that I will get my door scratches fixed on a paid basis ( door painted again ) in feb - 6 months after the bonnet was repainted and no issues found. They repainted the door free of cost as a goodwill but destroyed the factory paint and damaged the fender paint as well !

Lost my composure for the first time in six months and raised my voice. I could no longer control my emotions on seeing the bonnet "white" in so many areas. I offered to sell them my car at 30000 as scrap and take the hit of INR 11lac simply because this is Nissan and nobody gaf. I have visited Neo Nissan 50-70 times this year. Car has been with them collectively for 4-5 months this year. I have not visited Honda more than 30-40 times in last 15 years for both cars combined !

The dealership has now offered to replace the bonnet and door with factory painted panels. Let's see when / if they actually do it. I have honestly given up on Nissan India. Nobody at Nissan India has bothered to call me and take feedback / look at my vehicle. The customer is not always right. I may be lying / exaggerating right ?? Nissan India should have sent someone to visually inspect the vehicle to confirm what I am posting on teambhp about them is the truth to save their reputation ? Where is the OEM when you need support ? I hope Nissan India survives but the way their operations are being run they are bound to shut down in the near future. Nobody can save this company

Last edited by akg7091 : 30th September 2022 at 19:24.
akg7091 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 19:29   #1379
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Went to a detailer to get the bonnet ceramic coated. When the car was put under the studio lights my pain was visible on my face -

1 ) Multiple spots without any paint at all !
2 ) Bonnet was white / red / pink - multiple colors in multiple areas
3 ) Fenders near the bonnet on both side - paint stripped off completely on areas common with the bonnet and white lines / scratches / polish something marks on ALL panels next to the door / bonnet that they had repainted
4 ) VERTICAL SCRATCHES on the fender touching the door panel ! How can you even scratch vertically by accident ????????????
5 ) White paint spot marks on the entire engine bay / both ORVMS / inside the driver side door on the power window switch trims
Please add pictures as well, will help prove the shoddy work done.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2022, 19:36   #1380
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEF_Beasts View Post
Please add pictures as well, will help prove the shoddy work done.
Paint mismatch is very difficult to capture in pics ( visible with the naked eye under proper lighting and everyone at the workshop agreed that they could see it was white at the edges - discussed on a recorded line as well with GM service ) . The rest of the issues such as fender paint damage / paint spots / scratches / missing spots etc are all on video / pics and shared with gm service on wa as proof.

If any BHPian in Noida wants to act as witness they are more than welcome to see my car and comment on the paint quality.

I want someone SENIOR from Nissan India to come to my house and see it with their own eyes and prove that I am lying

I want Nissan India to get involved and prove that 1% of what I have posted is an exaggeration / lies. But they are least bothered to investigate anything
akg7091 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks