Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th April 2022, 18:08   #1321

Re: Nissan Magnite Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Hmm..like AMT.. this is why I avoided nexon and kiger.. Can't do this when someone is just inches behind you in incline
Nexon does have hill hold assist from the base models.!!
Just to quote , Nissan also has an"active engine braking" technology coupled to its CVT engines from way back in time. Guess it will help in hill descent and turns to some extent in both magnite and kiger as well.
Am Still to experience this though!
Awaiting delivery soon @Nissan!!
Old 1st May 2022, 07:57   #1322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saugdas View Post

I have asked for Kiger TD. Probably today evening or tomorrow it will come. Understand the magnite engine is originally Renault. So guess the magnite smooth cvt exp will remain in kiger if not better. Let me also check the features and feel aspects of Kiger.
Have you test driven the Kiger CVT. If yes, please share your experience. If CVT/engine performance is same as Magnite & if the ride quality is better than Magnite ( I feel it should- but I could not test that since I drove the Kiger on smooth tarmac), then Kiger is worth considering.
Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 21:00   #1323
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahesh Rao View Post
Nexon does have hill hold assist from the base models.!!
Just to quote , Nissan also has an"active engine braking" technology coupled to its CVT engines from way back in time. Guess it will help in hill descent and turns to some extent in both magnite and kiger as well.
Am Still to experience this though!
Awaiting delivery soon @Nissan!!
Yes, nexon has hill hold. But it's as jittery as it's AMT. Lack of hill hold in Kiger drove me towards magnite, though have doubts about Nissan's survival.
swageo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th May 2022, 10:41   #1324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Have you test driven the Kiger CVT. If yes, please share your experience. If CVT/engine performance is same as Magnite & if the ride quality is better than Magnite ( I feel it should- but I could not test that since I drove the Kiger on smooth tarmac), then Kiger is worth considering.
Thanks
Kiger CVT was not available for TD here at Kolkata. They got me an MT for a look around. The interiors are much better in Magnite and I didnt like the exterior looks of Kiger (though subjective).

What put me off more was the push for immediate booking being close to april end. The driver did not even get down once for me to sit in the drivers seat and have a feel. The car was dirty and smelly. Overall the customer orientation with Nissan was much better and hence I dropped the plan for Kiger.

In the meantime recieved a call yesterday from Autorelli Kolkata nissan dealer that there is a blue white DT CVT XV prem available booked by someone else who does not want it now. So I grabbed the opportunity and my car will be delivered on friday

Note: as per dealer, XV and XV prem deliveries are getting affected due to chips shortages again. These 2 variants needs more chips.

Though the brown colour booked earlier was my favourite nonetheless the blue white DT was my 2nd choice which the dealer was not aware.

The dealer made it sweeter with some dealer discount and also the car is from the earlier lot before price increase. So overall I am happy and now getting ready to welcome home our next sweetheart

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th May 2022 at 11:01. Reason: Cleaning up typos and language edits.
saugdas is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th May 2022, 09:16   #1325
BANNED

Quote:
In the meantime recieved a call yesterday from Autorelli Kolkata nissan dealer that there is a blue white DT CVT XV prem available booked by someone else who does not want it now. So I grabbed the opportunity and my car will be delivered on friday
Are they ready to give it at the old price?

Last edited by Axe77 : 13th May 2022 at 11:01. Reason: Trimming quoted text and editing for grammar.
swageo is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th May 2022, 12:46   #1326
BHPian

Quote:

The dealer made it sweeter with some dealer discount and also the car is from the earlier lot before price increase. So overall I am happy and now getting ready to welcome home our next sweetheart
Please reconfirm on the price applicability (new vs old) with the dealer. The pricing is generally applicable on the day of invoice.
Old 17th May 2022, 21:46   #1327
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
Are they ready to give it at the old price?
If the car was billed to the dealer in the earlier model then it will be in the old price only. The easy way to detect this is to check the rear antenna. For the increased price version i am told it is shark fin antenna.

I got the earlier model (which also happens to be April make ) hence old price.
Old 18th May 2022, 13:41   #1328
BHPian

Got the delivery of the car on Friday and within 48 hours faced an issue with the steering control switches. They sometime work and sometime doesnt.
Today visited the ASS and they confirmed there is some problem and offered to change the entire steering wheel.

A bit sad with this unfortunate incident.

Can my learned friends here guide me what should be done in such situation? I have come back home with the car as of now

Last edited by saugdas : 18th May 2022 at 13:42.
saugdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 13:52   #1329
BHPian

Quote:

Can my learned friends here guide me what should be done in such situation? I have come back home with the car as of now
Congratulations! Buying a new car is a big milestone in one's life. Sorry, to hear about your troubles. IMO you should get the steering column replaced at the dealer workshop but at the same time inform Nissan India in writing about this manufacturing defect.

Happy driving!
kushagra452 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th May 2022, 19:46   #1330

Did anyone (Magnite owners) buy 3D mats for the car ?
Old 19th May 2022, 21:15   #1331
BHPian

Do we need to switch off A/C whenever we need some power in Nissan 1L turbo AT ? just like we do it in other 1 L engine cars ? Someone pls let me know. I am planning to book this.
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:01   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilsoft View Post
Do we need to switch off A/C whenever we need some power in Nissan 1L turbo AT ? just like we do it in other 1 L engine cars ? Someone pls let me know. I am planning to book this.
My 1 week experience says its not required. I keep AC at 27degC in auto mode. A little power needed to manouver traffic in city is taken care by the extent of accelerator depression.
Old 22nd May 2022, 10:06   #1333
BHPian

Need some help from Magnite owners in the forum.
I am a bit confused with the driving modes in my turbo cvt.
1. Total how many modes? ( like normal/ eco/ sport ...)
2. How to switch ON or OFF or change between modes?

3. The display shows an eco mode. Is the eco mode activated only when the display is tapped to eco and the screen remains there?

Thanks in advance to my friends here...
Old 22nd May 2022, 11:56   #1334

Quote:
Need some help from Magnite owners in the forum.
I am a bit confused with the driving modes in my turbo cvt.
1. Total how many modes? ( like normal/ eco/ sport ...)
2. How to switch ON or OFF or change between modes?

3. The display shows an eco mode. Is the eco mode activated only when the display is tapped to eco and the screen remains there?

Thanks in advance to my friends here...
It doesn't come with official modes like its cousin (Kiger).
I does have a sports button near the gear level (locks RPM to 2000).

Eco I believe is just normal mode (gamified) giving you details like driving efficiency etc.
devregister is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 10:56   #1335
BHPian

Quote:

There is no Drive modes in Magnite except the Sport mode in XV & XV PRE CVT variants. When you start the car, it shows a message "ECO Mode Turned Off" in the infotainment system - but there is no option to turn it on or off by ourselves. Guess it is for Kiger as both the cars use the same infotainment system and they did not bother to customize the software for Magnite.
dudevarkey is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks