Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2022, 15:21   #541
adv
BHPian

Re: 2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
Not an expert, but I have some personal experience with CKD Hyundais. Hope it’s helpful.

We have a 2014 Elantra (also a CKD) in our family and till date we’ve not had any delays for parts involved in regular servicing. Last year the fuel line needed replacement. Even though it was a 7 year old discontinued previous generation model, we were able to get a replacement part within a day. We had to contact 3 different service centres, but we DID get it.

I have the recently discontinued Gen3 Tucson (that’s also a CKD), but I’ve had it for less than a year so it hasn’t needed any parts replacement.
Hi Lordrayden and other Gen 3 Tucson owners:
This 2020 Tucson I recently checked out had the headlamps and fog lamps (all 4) fog up a bit in the rain. Is this a sign of moisture seepage inside the light or some other issue? Have you observed this in you cars and is it a cause for worry? Photos below.

Incidentally I observed this on an Octavia I was checking out a few days ago as well but was given to understand that it’s normal.
Wanted to get Tucson specific feedback from your guys, hence the post.
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-6b808b9e6aa244dd931e885e6ca84835.jpeg  

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-148781154eb64275b84ffdaf136022e1.jpeg  

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-15f0e054df204c28b9b0ef0ca246fae0.jpeg  

Old 16th August 2022, 11:04   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adv View Post
This 2020 Tucson I recently checked out had the headlamps and fog lamps (all 4) fog up a bit in the rain. Is this a sign of moisture seepage inside the light or some other issue? Have you observed this in you cars and is it a cause for worry? Photos below.
I saw this happening quite frequently with my headlights when I got the car new and still do see it once in a while during the rain. I never explicitly observed the fog-lamps for moisture build up. The moisture inside the headlamps would always go away on its own after a while.

From what I had checked in the Tucson owner's manual, this was expected (for the headlamps at least) and there was nothing to worry about. There are desiccant systems present to remove that moisture slowly.

Name:  Tuscon_Manual_Headlights_1.png
Views: 834
Size:  168.6 KB

Name:  Tuscon_Manual_Headlights_2.png
Views: 800
Size:  72.2 KB
lordrayden is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 17:50   #543
adv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordrayden View Post
I saw this happening quite frequently with my headlights when I got the car new and still do see it once in a while during the rain. I never explicitly observed the fog-lamps for moisture build up. The moisture inside the headlamps would always go away on its own after a while.

From what I had checked in the Tucson owner's manual, this was expected (for the headlamps at least) and there was nothing to worry about. There are desiccant systems present to remove that moisture slowly
Thank you for the feedback!

On another note, could you and any other Tucson owners please share what the real world fuel efficiency figures are seen on the Petrol Tucson?
Old 16th August 2022, 18:45   #544
BHPian

Quote:

On another note, could you and any other Tucson owners please share what the real world fuel efficiency figures are seen on the Petrol Tucson?
You shouldn't really be checking mileage if you have a petrol Tucson - because it pinches hard

I get around 6-7 in Bangalore traffic. Goes up to 10-12 on the highways.
Bhargav7 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 20:21   #545
BHPian

Quote:

Just for comparison against the petrol, here's what I get in my diesel Tucson. Note that these are not MID indicated figures but full-tank to full-tank calculations:
City: 9.5 kmpl
Highway: 17.5 kmpl

Also, i've noticed that the MID overestimates fuel economy by 6-7%. So the real world mileage will be a little less than what the MID shows.
lordrayden is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 20:33   #546
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Lordrayden and other Gen 3 Tucson owners:
My Tucson has the same issue, but it quickly goes away when i drive. If i may ask, where did you find this car, i suspect this is mine.
Old 27th August 2022, 20:42   #547
BHPian

Quote:

Have a petrol Tucson in the family. Its a 2017 model and the fuel efficiency is not great. In mumbai traffic we get between 5 -7 kmpl, on highways it inches up to 10-11 kmpl. I must say the car is super reliable, zero issues in 5 years.
AP_1812 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th August 2022, 23:57   #548
adv
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP_1812 View Post
My Tucson has the same issue, but it quickly goes away when i drive. If i may ask, where did you find this car, i suspect this is mine.
It was at a prominent dealer in Andheri East!

Wow 5-6 kmpl in the city? That’s thirsty! I might have to relook at my shortlist then and perhaps look at diesel rather than petrol!
Old 28th August 2022, 08:19   #549

AP_1812,lordrayden .

I too have the same symptoms.

MID highway figures are around 17kmpl, but get around 750-800 Kms on a full tank !
Attached Thumbnails
2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-img_20220106_195733.jpg  

2020 Hyundai Tucson Facelift Review : 2.0L Diesel with 8-speed AT-img_20220106_195745.jpg  

Surfer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th September 2022, 07:34   #550
BHPian

I bought a pre-owned Tucson GLS Diesel in Starry Night shade this week. The car was purchased through H Promise, Hyundai's pre-owned car program.

The car came with basic fabric footmats only. On enquiring at the dealer, I was told that there are no official rubber mats for Tucson. I'm able to see a couple of vendors on Amazon listing mats, but these are selling unknown brands.

Could anyone suggest a good set of mats (preferably the 3D type) and where I could pick them up from? I'm based in Bangalore.

Also any suggestions for a boot liner (to protect against pet fur) would be very helpful.

Last edited by qaqa : 12th September 2022 at 07:43.
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 18:24   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post
I bought a pre-owned Tucson GLS Diesel in Starry Night shade this week. The car was purchased through H Promise, Hyundai's pre-owned car program.
Hi, congrats on your purchase.

I am also looking for an used Tucson and did have a few questions if you can help:
- How was your purchase process? Did you look at a few options before arriving at this?
- If I could ask, what was the price, mileage of the car you bought?
- Did Hyundai run checks, provide warranty on the car?
- How does the car run, fuel consumption?

We can take it in DM in case you dont want to put certain information on public forum.
Old 14th September 2022, 23:18   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaleen View Post
Hi, congrats on your purchase.

- How was your purchase process? Did you look at a few options before arriving at this?
- If I could ask, what was the price, mileage of the car you bought?
- Did Hyundai run checks, provide warranty on the car?
- How does the car run, fuel consumption?
While I will put down a more detailed post, my purchase process was a bit convoluted to say the least. While I was dead-set on picking up an EV, I was not entirely convinced with both Nexon Max and the MG ZS. Decided to wait it out a bit, till more interesting EVs launch. I have always been a fan of the Tucson ever since it launched - its classy understated looks are just the kind of thing I like. To make my wait for EVs more bearable, I decided to pick up a pre-owned Tucson as the "one last" ICE car I would own.

Most examples on OLX were overpriced (Bangalore, duh), had high mileage, or had red flags I couldn't ignore. I did find a couple of cars which were very interesting (<10K run 2021 models) but those were sold off even before I could go and see them. I also got a couple of contacts through Team-BHP, but couldn't digest the prices being quoted. Tried Cars24 also. While they have a very buyer-friendly and professional process, the cars I test drove didn't impress.

I was also looking out on H-Promise, Hyundai's used car business. I looked at a couple of cars which were on sale in Bangalore (Trident Hyundai), but didnt like any. Finally came across a Tucson on sale by Advaith Hyundai Mangalore. The car was a 2021 model, run about 7K. I was told that it was initially used as a demo / test drive car but thereafter was used by the dealership executives. Haggled a bit and agreed upon a price which I felt was fair (roughly 20-25% depn over the Bangalore OTR in April 2021). I paid a token advance to have the car brought down to Bangalore for inspection. Advaith agreed to refund the advance with a small charge if I didnt like the car eventually.

The car was clean with no dings or scratches. Interior seemed fresh with no wear marks or scratches. My half-hour test drive didn't raise any red flags. For good measure, I took the car to Trident Hyundai for a pre-purchase inspection. The report didn't throw up any major issues. Since the car was just about a year old, it still had 2 years of original warranty (extendable till 2026). H-Promise was also offering 1 year warranty from their side along with 2 free services. Also since the car was bought through H-Promise, it had been subject to an inspection and service.

Thought it was safe enough to proceed, and gave Advaith the go-ahead. The car still had to get a few minor issues fixed, which I was told could take more than a week since parts were awaited from Korea. I was however keen to pick up the car at the earliest and hence decided to take delivery of the car with a written assurance from Advaith that they would complete the pending repair works in a week's time. Advaith was nice enough to organize a small key handover ceremony complete with ribbons and all. Felt good.

My experience at Advaith has been fairly good. They are a large professional organization which went a long way in giving me the confidence in picking up a pre-owned, test drive used, little known, out-of-production luxury car

Haven't used the car much yet since the RC transfer is still on and I am yet to get the insurance transferred to my name. I gave in to temptation a bit and went on a long drive from south Bangalore to Nandi hills on Saturday (100KM total). Car gave me a MID-indicated mileage of 17KMPL. Car felt smooth; power was always just a tap on throttle away. Wonderful drive.

Of course, I will get a better idea once I start using this car properly. The car is intended to do my regular Bangalore-Mysore runs and will also be used for my regular office commute. Will get a bit more experience with the car and put out a separate post.

Last edited by qaqa : 14th September 2022 at 23:26.
qaqa is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th September 2022, 18:02   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by qaqa View Post

The car came with basic fabric footmats only. On enquiring at the dealer, I was told that there are no official rubber mats for Tucson. I'm able to see a couple of vendors on Amazon listing mats, but these are selling unknown brands.

Could anyone suggest a good set of mats (preferably the 3D type) and where I could pick them up from? I'm based in Bangalore.

Also any suggestions for a boot liner (to protect against pet fur) would be very helpful.

Congrats on your new car, wish you many years of fun driving.

On the mats am using Kagu 3D Maxpider mats and they fit / work perfectly.

https://3dmatsindia.com/product/hyun...-mats-3d-mats/

You should get a few thousands discounts on this price.
monish_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2022, 16:01   #554
BHPian

I'm facing some rritating issues with the ICE.

Each time I finish a call, the last played song suddenly starts playing. This is the case even if no music was playing prior to receiving the call. The music that it is playing is through Spotify on my phone.

Whenever I start the car, again the last played song from the last played source starts playing.

Is there any way to control / stop this behaviour?
Old 17th October 2022, 09:47   #555
BHPian

I have completed over 1600km in my pre-owned Tucson over the last one month. Much of the driving was on highways - Bangalore-Mysore and one trip from Bangalore to Hampi. The car has been excellent on highways and each of my trips has been a reaffirmation of my choice of Tucson for highway drives. It has also been my daily driver to office, and does these duties with no complaints.

I wanted to check with team-bhp on the following -

a. The 2019 US spec-model of Tucson had a 360-deg camera system. Has anyone tried to retrofit this to the India spec Tucson?

b. The reverse camera is quite poor in quality and resolution. Has anyone tried to upgrade the camera either with an OEM camera (say New Tucson / Kia Seltos / Creta) or a generic camera from Amazon? Would the guidelines work even after swapping the camera ?

c. The rear of the car collects a lot of dust and muck. Has anyone managed to fix this with maybe different mudflaps or a tweaked spoiler ?
qaqa is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks