Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2024, 17:05   #2776
BHPian

Re: 2021 Tata Safari Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodie09 View Post
That's interesting to know. Thanks @FLYBOYSID
What are these driver attention bars you wrote about? Your post sounds as if there is something on the cluster all the time. Never noticed. I will surely read the manual. There were some bars under the tea cup icon but it disappeared very quickly. As I said, if the system really wants to alert a sleepy driver, the beep ought to be louder and disturbing kind.
It’s not on the cluster all the time. Driver attention assist feature pops up when the bars change from green to orange or red. You can scroll through the menu to have it on the cluster just like your Fuel Efficiency page etc. Found it interesting. How it works, is a homework I am yet to do.

Last edited by FLYBOYSID : 19th March 2024 at 17:06.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2024, 20:34   #2777
BHPian

Hi,

A question to the long term owners of the automatic transmission variant of the Safari on the forum.
Has anyone ever considered getting a torque converter fluid change?
Has anyone done it already?
If yes, then was it via ASC or FNG ?

I understand that the transmission fluid change is not part of maintenance booklet from Tata, but I also think that the learned members of this forum already believe that nothing is really "sealed for life".

Thanks in advance !

Last edited by r24x7 : 23rd March 2024 at 20:35.
Old 25th March 2024, 14:51   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,
Has anyone (preface lift or facelift Safari owners) come across this alert on the cluster advising to take a break?.
Yes, this is an alert that pops up after 2 1/2 hours of continuous driving.
I own a 2021 Safari and have had many long drives ( Including 2 BLR-Nagpur and back drives covering > 1100kms in a day ) and I've seen this alert plenty times. I do not hear a chime though, it's just an alert after 2 1/2 hours of continuous driving and pops up every half hour thereafter if you continue to drive.

There is a legacy behind that alert too. Till the first service of my Safari, the vehicle in the pop up animation would say Gravitas ( Indicating that the vehicle was to be named Gravitas and it was changed to Safari last minute )
After the first service, the firmware was updated and it started showing up the name Safari
ashbhat2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 15:52   #2779
BHPian

I really doubt that 2.5 hrs theory. I too have driven quite a few times for more than 2.5 hrs, latest being past week to and fro Pune to Srivardhan. I didn't get it even once. There is something more to it based on the inputs from the driver perhaps. As I mentioned earlier, my XZA+ has Driver doze off alert listed in features. I believe the feature has evolved from its 2021 version to what I see in my 2023 version.
Interesting point there on the Gravitas name that Tata denies all the time.
Rodie09 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 16:48   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashbhat2 View Post
Yes, this is an alert that pops up after 2 1/2 hours of continuous driving.
I that the vehicle was to be named Gravitas and it was changed to Safari last minute )
After the first service, the firmware was updated and it started showing up the name Safari
Quote:
I really doubt that 2.5 hrs theory. I too have driven quite a few times for more than 2.5 hrs, latest being past week to and fro Pune to Srivardhan. I up
Even I have done non stop for more than 3-4 hours at a stretch. This warning doesn’t pop up based on time alone, there is definitely more to it. On my drive from Vadodara to Delhi, I experienced the pop up max number of times while on the vast, newly opened, sparsely populated stretches of DME.
Probably frequency of steering, accelerator/ Brake inputs, variations in speed are factors which manage these warnings. In some aircraft they resort to iris tracking to evaluate crew alertness. Maybe these things are at play here too.
FLYBOYSID is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 13:06   #2781
BHPian

Guys, been wanting to cross check with you on my observation on the Safari's airtightness in the re-circ. mode. My observation on more than one occasions is that it isn't great at keeping the outside air at bay and same was evident when I crossed some patches with bad odour, smoke from garbage fires, farm fire smoke etc. It is clearly not as tight as I have seen on my other cars. Very quickly the smoke smell would penetrate the cabin.

Anyone has similar observation? Or should I get this checked - may be the flap is not sealing properly. Thoughts?
Old 3rd April 2024, 16:40   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
Anyone has similar observation? Or should I get this checked - may be the flap is not sealing properly. Thoughts?
Hi there, well in my case it appears that the Safari is doing a better job than your car. Yes it is not air tight but smoke/ odour incursion is not instantaneous either. It takes prolonged exposure. Maybe the recirculation flap is not sealing well. You should look for more feedback from fellow owners or alternatively have it checked. I would not like the ASC guys to unnecessarily open up factory fitted dashboard panels, therefore I said wait for more feedback.
Old 3rd April 2024, 16:54   #2783
BHPian

In my recent drive from Delhi to Kanpur, I refuelled at the fuel bunk close to Jewar Toll on Yamuna expressway. Drove at a speed of 110 kmph steady with cruise control switching between Sports mode while accelerating to City mode during cruise. Just out of curiosity to check fuel efficiency, I refuelled again as I exited the Agra Lucknow expressway near Etawa. This is what I got.

The fuel efficiency of 16.78 km/l is something which appears unreal to me. Fuelling was tank to tank right upto the brim. I have maintained records of all my vehicles till date right from the first time I filled them up and have reason to believe that I do it correctly.
Anyone else with such figures or insight into this. TIA
Attached Thumbnails
2021 Tata Safari Review-img_6907.png  

Old 3rd April 2024, 23:38   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYBOYSID View Post

The fuel efficiency of 16.78 km/l is something which appears unreal to me. Fuelling was tank to tank right upto the brim. I have maintained records of all my vehicles till date right from the first time I filled them up and have reason to believe that I do it correctly.
Anyone else with such figures or insight into this. TIA
Quite possible. Tata often overdelivers on FE. My Storme often gave 16 on highways (tank fill method). My colleague's Nexon gives 22.
chinkara is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th April 2024, 19:40   #2785
BHPian

I have seen some good FE figures on the cluster of my Safari, 21 Kmpl being the highest when I did a Pune Mumbai run - and mind it this was for my home in Pune until the food plaza before Khalapur toll. So, this includes the ghaat section as well.
Now of course, I take that with a lot of salt but even with that I think it must have been above 16 for sure. All in city mode with some short spurts in Sports mode.

I can clearly sense that Safari is quite fuel efficient on the highways but in city I don't think it touches the double digits at all.

I came from a fuel guzzling Petrol Verna (fluidic), so I have stopped bothering about FE and intentionally not keeping a log of refills and tank to tank etc. At this price point of car, not making sense to keep a tab on FE, just for those couple of km here and there. I would not be very alarmed until it drops drastically to be evident by frequent tank fills.

By the way SA told me that FE goes up after 1st major service at 1 year. Anyone experienced so?
Old 14th April 2024, 22:11   #2786
BHPian

Hello Friends,

I had (rather still having) a very weird experience today with iRA app. Firstly, let me tell you that I normally do not use any of the connected features, even though I am on my first year free subscription. I am not really much into it and never explored either.

So, today after returning from a small evening outing of 3-4 hours I parked my car and went up to my apartment. While casually checking the phone I see a series of alerts of the car moving out of geofence limits. The alerts were coming every 10 minutes and are still coming as I write, from 6:10 PM till now. I rushed down to check the car and the car is very much there where I parked.

Also, I had been driving it most of the 3 hours the alerts have been coming. Did not notice and it showed nothing on Android Auto - not sure if my phone was on DND or silent. Clearly the alerts were wrong and still going on. How do I stop these?

Some related info when I connect the dots:

I got my car serviced in first week of February at Garve motors near Narhe. There was an insurance claim and car was going to stay there for 7 days and that is when I thought I should define a geofence and set an alert so I get to know if the car is moved for no n legitimate reasons. The dates were set around max 2nd week of Feb.

I now realize there was nothing on iRA even when I took the car back from there and been driving for 2.5 months. But I can now make a faint connection to why things triggered today.

This was the first time I passed near the same workshop again since I picked up vehicle 2.5 months back. It's got something to do with that. I was very much in vicinity of the workshop at 6:10 pm and there onwards every 10 mins there is an alert and still coming. 20 alerts so far and continuing. Nothing audible though, why?

This is definitely related, though it may sound weird. Really need to understand iRA now. It almost gave me a heart attack.

Any pointers on Geofence? I have become skeptical of its working when there is a real need.
Old 15th April 2024, 23:48   #2787
BHPian

Guys, I am looking for some help here. I dropped the car for 30th month minor service. While taking delivery the Malfunction Indication Lamp (MIL) and Check Engine Lamp were on. I went back immediately and the technician connected to the computer and said the O2 sensor had some error but the current was good (I assume the current shows the sensor is working) and cleared it.

While restarting the lights came up again, but this time he said the soot level is high and needs a DPF regeneration. I took the car as it was late evening on Saturday and he said it could only be delivered on Monday if I left it there. He said for Safari driving for 30 mins in high rev will not work. I did took the car for 50 km ride with >2k rpm and don't see the lights going away.

Also, I noticed the eco/sports mode buttons don't work now. Is this related to DPF or is there something else going on here?

I need the car for the next two days and planning to drop it off on Thursday.
Old 18th April 2024, 16:51   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLurkerForLong View Post
Guys, I am looking for some help here. I dropped the car for 30th month minor service. While taking delivery the Malfunction Indication Lamp (MIL) and Check Engine Lamp were on. I went back immediately and the technician connected to the computer and said the O2 sensor had some error but the current was good (I assume the current shows the sensor is working) and cleared it.
Is this sorted? Sometimes the DPF error may not go away just after driving as you did. Weird it may sound, but at times it just disappears the next day as if nothing happened. Please do share update on how it was resolved.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks