Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2021, 22:04   #646
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Pune
Posts: 600
Thanked: 5,084 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello bhpians.

My sources are telling me that they are expecting the price of the top end AX7 variant of the XUV700 to be below 21 lakh ex showroom. Don't know if this is for the petrol or the diesel but they are indicating a price of 20.87 or 20.99 lakh for the topmost variant. If Mahindra does manage to price the diesel top variant of the XUV700 below 21 lakh then it will undercut the Safari top end diesel by around 1 lakh atleast here in Pune.

Also launch and price reveal of remaining variants will take place on the 2nd of October.

Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is online now   (36) Thanks
Old 7th September 2021, 22:50   #647
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Chennai
Posts: 103
Thanked: 257 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

My sources are telling me that they are expecting the price of the top end AX7 variant of the XUV700 to be below 21 lakh ex showroom. Don't know if this is for the petrol or the diesel but they are indicating a price of 20.87 or 20.99 lakh for the topmost variant.
I hope that is diesel. Since they have already revealed price of petrol AX5 manual variant which stands at 14.99L. 6 lakhs for the next variant is a huge difference even if we include additional features over AX5, 3rd row seats, Automatic transmission and optional packs.

P.S: My assumption is based on the fact that AWD is not available in petrol variants.

Last edited by bwildrd#1 : 7th September 2021 at 22:53.
bwildrd#1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 07:39   #648
Distinguished - BHPian
 
84.monsoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,570
Thanked: 5,220 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IREV View Post

Also the XUV700 is a freshly baked Mahindra and it has too many features (including ADAS) meaning too many electronics and complex parts. So it might have niggles in the initial period just like other Mahindras and Tatas. Majority of the people in India still refrain buying a freshly baked Mahindra and will buy them only after 6 months or a year.
I got my Thar within about 2 months of launch. I must say I was surprised by the lack of niggles. The only issue was the latches holding the bonnet not being strong enough at high speed if the main interior lock is left open. They solved this within weeks, by replacing with newer latches. The issue has not been heard of since then. Some hard top units had a sealent that was not correctly affixed resulting in leaks - mine never had this issue. This was also corrected quickly. There were some minor issues with the read-outs of tire pressure which seems to have corrected itself. Mahindra is getting very good in initial quality and responsiveness in fixing issues found on the field.

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 8th September 2021 at 07:40.
84.monsoon is online now   (23) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 09:09   #649
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 138
Thanked: 551 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Managed to get some updates after a long time (even one week seems to be a long time and running out of patience) from my source:

1. We will hear some updates from M&M very soon (may be by this weekend also). Not sure as to what updates will come, but it looks like they will be unveiling few other model details including Diesel variants.
2. Booking is almost confirmed to start on Oct 2nd, which is Mahindra Founders' Day. They will have some cars ready for delivery during Dussehra time and after that the long waiting period will kick in. Not sure as to what is going to be the criteria for allotting cars in the first lot.
3. M&M are expecting at least 25-30K bookings within the first week of booking opening and are planning production accordingly.
4. M&M are pretty stubborn on keeping the launch price aggressive and top petrol variant (AX7 AT Optional 7 seater) is expected to be priced at 19.99L and top diesel variant (AX7 AT Optional 7 seater) is expected to be priced at 20.49L. AWD variant (only in Diesel) will be priced higher by ~1-1.5L and this variant may not be available at the time of launch, but expected to be announced before 2021 end.
5. AX7 will not have 5 seater configuration and will only come in 7 seater variant.
6. Optional packages will be available from AX5 series (petrol and diesel) onwards.
7. There will be 5 colors - blue, white, red, silver and midnight black (which is looks like dark blue)
8. Semiconductor shortage issue is still there and this has handicapped production big time, which will lead to longer waiting period for sure. Waiting period will be close to 1 year, once they receive above 50K bookings.
9. AX5 will have the same interior design/theme as AX3 (video already released for AX3). Mostly cruise control is expected to be not available in AX5 manual and would be present in AX5 AT variant. Not sure if this would be regular cruise control or adaptive cruise control.
10. M&M are pretty close to sending the XUV 700 for crash test and won’t be surprise if that happens before car delivery starts. They are expecting 5 star rating on front collision and 4 star rating on side collision, based on their internal testing/assessment.

I will post some additional concrete updates over the weekend. Till then stay safe friends!
MukundanMK is offline   (104) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 11:06   #650
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 71
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.
Also launch and price reveal of remaining variants will take place on the 2nd of October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Managed to get some updates after a long time (even one week seems to be a long time and running out of patience) from my source:

2. Booking is almost confirmed to start on Oct 2nd, which is Mahindra Founders' Day. They will have some cars ready for delivery during Dussehra time and after that the long waiting period will kick in. Not sure as to what is going to be the criteria for allotting cars in the first lot.
3. M&M are expecting at least 25-30K bookings within the first week of booking opening and are planning production accordingly.
4. M&M are pretty stubborn on keeping the launch price aggressive and top petrol variant (AX7 AT Optional 7 seater) is expected to be priced at 19.99L and top diesel variant (AX7 AT Optional 7 seater) is expected to be priced at 20.49L. AWD variant (only in Diesel) will be priced higher by ~1-1.5L and this variant may not be available at the time of launch, but expected to be announced before 2021 end.
Thanks both...!!! Very aggressive pricing if this is true. Booking date of 2/Oct is still some time and hope they reveal the variant specs much before that date. I haven't seen any pics or videos of AX5 or even a 5 seater.
Can you check if M&M is planning for 25k-30k cars for the 1st lot during this Festive season (Dasara and Diwali together) ?
Thanks
Carz77 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 11:44   #651
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 70
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
I haven't seen any pics or videos of AX5 or even a 5 seater.
There are a couple of videos that have done a good job on focusing on the AX3 variant. But yes, none I have come across on the AX5. But I am assuming that the interiors are going to be quite similar as far as the seats and dashboard are concerned. The differences will be in the addition of the sunroof, diamond cut alloys, curtain airbags, headlamps etc.

And yes, I too am keen to see how the 5 seater looks in terms of the large boot area.



RPM1706 is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 13:14   #652
Newbie
 
Pedalmasher_20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Thane
Posts: 16
Thanked: 47 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Managed to get some updates after a long time (even one week seems to be a long time and running out of patience) from my source:
...

4. M&M are pretty stubborn on keeping the launch price aggressive and top petrol variant (AX7 AT Optional 7 seater) is expected to be priced at 19.99L and top diesel variant (AX7 AT Optional 7 seater) is expected to be priced at 20.49L. AWD variant (only in Diesel) will be priced higher by ~1-1.5L and this variant may not be available at the time of launch, but expected to be announced before 2021 end.
I find this info, a bit wrong. As you can see, the price difference between the petrol and diesel avatar in the MX series is of Rs.50k while the same is expected to be of Rs.100k in the AX series, then how can Mahindra price the top end diesel (O) AT just Rs.50k above the same variant of the petrol..!!

Idk, I might be wrong and would love to be proved wrong on this aspect by Mahindra, but what I feel is the M&M will price the AX-7 AT (O) 7S Diesel at Rs.20.99L, which is still a great pricing IMHO. Please correct me if I am wrong.




Happy Motoring
Pedalmasher_20 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 13:46   #653
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 279
Thanked: 757 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Also launch and price reveal of remaining variants will take place on the 2nd of October.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
1. We will hear some updates from M&M very soon (may be by this weekend also). Not sure as to what updates will come, but it looks like they will be unveiling few other model details including Diesel variants.
2. Booking is almost confirmed to start on Oct 2nd, which is Mahindra Founders' Day. They will have some cars ready for delivery during Dussehra time and after that the long waiting period will kick in. Not sure as to what is going to be the criteria for allotting cars in the first lot.
3. M&M are expecting at least 25-30K bookings within the first week of booking opening and are planning production accordingly.
Hope Mahindra release detailed info on the variants and the pricing well in advance of the bookings opening; so we have time to properly zero-in on the best one to suit our requirements. Expecting a mad rush at dealers once bookings open. Also hope that all information trickles down well in time to all dealers as well, as Sales Execs are bound to be hounded by prospective customers about everything possible! It will be a nightmare if there's confusion in bookings, especially with the optional packs, etc.

Really hoping Mahindra has changed the IRVM atleast after the media tests!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 14:12   #654
BHPian
 
CapKoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 79
Thanked: 262 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Really hoping Mahindra has changed the IRVM atleast after the media tests!
A manual IRVM is still not that much of an inconvenience. If there's one thing that M&M needs to do is add a sliding middle row. Looks like a ridiculous omission in a 7 seater, that too for the second time after the 5OO.
CapKoura is online now   (19) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 14:23   #655
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 138
Thanked: 551 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Thanks both...!!! Very aggressive pricing if this is true. Booking date of 2/Oct is still some time and hope they reveal the variant specs much before that date. I haven't seen any pics or videos of AX5 or even a 5 seater.
Can you check if M&M is planning for 25k-30k cars for the 1st lot during this Festive season (Dasara and Diwali together) ?
Thanks
Interiors for AX5 is expected to be similar to that of AX3 with a few additions like skyroof, alloy wheels, curtain airbags and headlamp area. The dashboard and seat color/fabric is expected to be the same as AX3 variant. M&M did not have any AX5 variant during the media drive and you are right that till now there is not even a single pic of AX5 variant. Regarding the bookings, M&M are expecting 25-30K bookings within a week of booking opening. I dont think they will have more than 10-12K of cars to be available for delivery during the Dussehra/Diwali festival time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedalmasher_20 View Post
I find this info, a bit wrong. As you can see, the price difference between the petrol and diesel avatar in the MX series is of Rs.50k while the same is expected to be of Rs.100k in the AX series, then how can Mahindra price the top end diesel (O) AT just Rs.50k above the same variant of the petrol..!!

Idk, I might be wrong and would love to be proved wrong on this aspect by Mahindra, but what I feel is the M&M will price the AX-7 AT (O) 7S Diesel at Rs.20.99L, which is still a great pricing IMHO. Please correct me if I am wrong.
My sources say that the pricing is going to be very aggressive and that M&M dont want to just price the lower variants competitively. They also want to have the top variants priced very aggressively. You are right in saying that Diesel variants should/could be priced at 1L premium over Petrol, but my source is pretty confident that they are targeting only 50K or max 75K price difference between petrol and diesel variants. Also he told me that the prices are still under discussion and not finalized yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
Really hoping Mahindra has changed the IRVM atleast after the media tests!
Auto IRVM and Ventilated seats are surely not going to be available in the final production spec as well . Something which I personally feel is not a great/huge miss in this otherwise feature loaded car.
MukundanMK is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 16:41   #656
BHPian
 
wadewilson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: India
Posts: 173
Thanked: 344 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Managed to get some updates . . . from my source:

4. . . .AWD variant (only in Diesel) will be priced higher by ~1-1.5L and this variant may not be available at the time of launch, but expected to be announced before 2021 end.
Now this is a huge bummer as me and my family were planning to purchase the AX 7 with AT+AWD. However, the silver lining is that it is expected to be announced before 2021 end, and we are planning to purchase in Q1 or Q2 2022 (I said Q2 earlier but if early reports are positive with less niggles, then we will hop on to the Mahindra train in Q1 of 2022 itself). Hope test drive cars reach dealerships soon (perhaps before October 2?), since I have been itching to drive the car ever since its unveil.

On a side note, I wonder what could be the constraints behind not providing AWD at the start of official sales - perhaps due to the added cost and low volume. I wish Mahindra would have just added the AWD as a feature and not an option in the AX 7, but then again that would have significantly added to the costs. I did contact my dealer again, but he doesn't have any information on when test drive cars might reach Assam - hopefully, we'll all get it at the same time, around October 2.
wadewilson is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 17:52   #657
BHPian
 
r0ckstar.1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 241
Thanked: 319 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
Managed to get some updates after a long time
4. AWD variant (only in Diesel) will be priced higher by ~1-1.5L and this variant may not be available at the time of launch, but expected to be announced before 2021 end.
This, I hope is incorrect. I personally will not buy any variant other than AWD. Hope Mahindra doesn't disappoint it's true SUV fans and ships some AWD variant in the initial batches this year

BTW, got info from my source that the Freedom drive XUV700s are expected in Bangalore soon.

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 8th September 2021 at 18:01. Reason: Adding info about Freedom drive
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 18:04   #658
BHPian
 
Moto_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2021
Location: JK/Delhi
Posts: 86
Thanked: 447 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Firstly, a big thanks to both @ram87pune and @MukundanMK for sharing much awaited sneak-peeks into the XUV. You guys keep the thread going with new enthusiasm and excitement. And indeed, this week has seemed longer than others.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MukundanMK View Post
M&M are expecting 25-30K bookings within a week of booking opening. I dont think they will have more than 10-12K of cars to be available for delivery during the Dussehra/Diwali festival time.
With a serious deficit of semiconductor chips in the market, and given that automobile sector is the least priority sector when it comes to these chips, I don't see the condition improving for a while at least(read 1-2 years). In my opinion, we'll be seeing really long waiting periods after the initial launch. And if you ask me, 10-12k will be peanuts to the numbers it will sell. Hopefully, I get myself one of the 10-12k cars, given I've asked my dealer friend specifically to book my vehicle the moment bookings open.

Quote:
You are right in saying that Diesel variants should/could be priced at 1L premium over Petrol, but my source is pretty confident that they are targeting only 50K or max 75K price difference between petrol and diesel variants. Also he told me that the prices are still under discussion and not finalized yet.
To be honest, I don't know where this dogma of diesels being dearer than petrol comes from in the contemporary market with Turbo Petrols so prevalent. Yes, it does hold true when it is NA petrol vs a Diesel mill with turbo, but when both petrol and diesel engines are turbo powered, the price is not that different. For eg:

1. Creta DCT 1.4 sells for 20.23 Lakhs On road here where the Diesel with TC is 20.12 Lakhs.

2. Kia which is in a way premium to Hyundai has a difference of only 40k on road between the Turbo Petrol and Diesel.

Note: Stating only those turbo petrol engines for which a diesel in the same car exists for comparison.

So considering the current market trends as well as the aspect of aggressive pricing being pursued by Mahindra, I agree with @MukundanMK that we would see a 50k or at max 70-75k difference between the Petrol and Diesel. However, the difference between AX5 and AX7 would be significant in my opinion, with the addition of 2 extra seats and a bunch more features including ADAS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadewilson View Post
Now this is a huge bummer as me and my family were planning to purchase the AX 7 with AT+AWD.

On a side note, I wonder what could be the constraints behind not providing AWD at the start of official sales - perhaps due to the added cost and low volume. I did contact my dealer again, but he doesn't have any information on when test drive cars might reach Assam.
A sad turn of events for me as well. Was looking to buy the Diesel AT AWD. Now have to give the whole process another look with the delivery of Toyota 4x4 just around the corner, in a week or so.

I had a talk with my dealer friend as well and although he was being tight lipped about it, he said that 2nd October would be the launch date and the test drives would commence soon after the launch. However, no intimation of TD vehicles has yet been made by Mahindra as per him.

Also, the latest video by Mahindra on the recent Freedom Drives. This one is in Chennai.





Edit: Anyways, said goodbye to my old age buddy today, the OG XUV 500. To have driven it for so long, the nostalgia is hitting hard. You guys know what I mean right?

Last edited by Moto_Bear : 8th September 2021 at 18:17. Reason: Add few lines
Moto_Bear is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 18:15   #659
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2021
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 36
Thanked: 100 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
This, I hope is incorrect. I personally will not buy any variant other than AWD. Hope Mahindra doesn't disappoint it's true SUV fans and ships some AWD variant in the initial batches this year

BTW, got info from my source that the Freedom drive XUV700s are expected in Bangalore soon.
As per the latest instagram post from Mahindra, Freedom drive will come to Bangalore on 11th of this month.
Not sure to which all dealerships it just says coming to Bangalore.
RachhaMan10 is online now  
Old 8th September 2021, 18:24   #660
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,546
Thanked: 3,022 Times
Default Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
A sad turn of events for me as well. Was looking to buy the Diesel AT AWD. Now have to give the whole process another look with the delivery of Toyota 4x4 just around the corner, in a week or so.
Since Mahindra wants to project itself as a maker of genuine SUVs, hope they won't disappoint and the AWD would be available right at the start. Numbers could be low but few SUVs going around with the AWD badge can do good for the SUV brand.
Guna is online now   (2) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2021, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks