Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 15:09   #796
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hey Guys! Posting a video on the XUV7OO. One of the vloggers was able to drive and test out one of the Cars on the Freedom Drive.

Link for reference:

Moto_Bear is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 15:31   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
That is the gross weight (not unladden) correct? 2 seats with occupants would be approximately 200 KG.
This sounds to be correct. At the time of homologation, the manufacturers are required to disclose the maximum SAFE weight a car can carry on the roads. This is basically the sum of curb weight (empty vehicle weight) plus the weight of passengers plus fuel plus cargo.

On a lighter note; In case of XUV700, difference between petrol 5 and 7 seater variants is 195 KG and in Diesel 5 and 7 seater variants, it is 204 KG. A difference of 9 KG, which is exactly the weight difference between 60 litres of petrol and diesel. Assuming everything else constant and petrol density of 0.7 and diesel density of 0.85.
UltraViolence is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 16:19   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anandhsub View Post
Also looking at the difference in GVW of the 5 seater and 7 seater options I am surprised the 2 extra seats weigh more than 200 Kgs. Or is the calculation not correct?
Seems high, safari just weighs 115kgs more than Harrier despite being 63mm longer and 80 mm taller. In case XUV700, the dimensions of 5 and 7 seaters are also the same. Wondering what to account for 200 kilos.
Old 14th September 2021, 16:24   #799
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more details of the XUV as explained by Velusamy along with Motor Vikatan.

He talks about the airbags , their deployment , sensors, crash structure , suspension, engine etc.

There is also story about the way they studied the suspension set up in detail with about 60 sensors to perfect it.

mStallion idles at 39db measured at driver`s seat. mHawk idles at 44.5 db, 2.5db less than previous mHawk.

Kosfactor is online now   (10) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 16:56   #800
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
In all, 34 trims have been homologated.
The documents show that city mode for Diesel engine will provide 114 KW (152 bhp) and the other two modes will provide 136 KW (182 bhp).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
Hey Guys! Posting a video on the XUV7OO. One of the vloggers was able to drive and test out one of the Cars on the Freedom Drive.
Some quick observations from this video:

1. Puddle lamps have been included as pointed out by the vlogger in the video. This was pointed out as having been missed in some of the earlier review videos. It seems they just aren't placed in the usually seen slot (under ORVM). But, i think Mahindra's solution is better. ORVM is one of the most prone to damage by accidents. So, by placing the puddle lamp beneath the door, it serves two purposes - less prone to collateral damage in case ORVM get knocked off by some accident and the light spread appears better and more practical. Open door red colour warning light also seems to be incorporated into the doors itself which is again a useful feature to have from safety point of view when we open doors in night.

2. All buttons seem to have been backlit from the video (including all power window switches - even the ones in rear seats). I can see lit buttons for window buttons for the middle row, rear most AC blower switch seems to be lit, memory seat buttons also are lit, all USB ports are brightly lit both in the front and the middle row. This again, for me, is a small feature which i just don't understand why manufacturers tend to skip.

Last edited by BharathXUV700 : 14th September 2021 at 17:25. Reason: Quotes trimmed. Please DO NOT include images & videos in quotes. Typos fixed.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 17:00   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
It looks like it does have puddle lamps present. Although they are not as bright and don't project the company logo, instead a starry kind of projection.

During the media drives lot of reviewers said that it does have a space for puddle lamps under the ORVMs but they are missing. Not their fault actually as the media drives were during the day time and they might have missed it.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20210914-4.58.13-pm.png

Last edited by aah78 : 14th September 2021 at 17:16. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please do not quote videos. Thanks!
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 17:02   #802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
That red colour on Mr. Velusamy's T Shirt, dear Mahindra, that is the red you should offer on XUV700. Current Red being offered looks too bright/garish to my eyes, especially on a large vehicle.
Guna is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 17:05   #803
BANNED

Quote:
The other key points to note are:
  1. Curtain airbag holding air inside (not leaking out unlike front airbags) for longer time (air leak rate is less) to provide cushion affect in the event of side roll.
  2. Air in frontal airbags deplete faster than curtain airbags to allow driver/co-driver breathe easily.
  3. Positioning of impact sensors.
  4. Aluminium Head & Crank case are made in Chennai.
  5. Front airbag opens up in 55 millisec from the impact.

Last edited by aah78 : 14th September 2021 at 17:17. Reason: Video removed from quote. LIST added.
Wheels is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:24   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
Representing the variants in a table.
[IMG]https://www.team-
Ah, so no AWD for the petrol

That is a miss i think. Mahindra treated the Thar petrols and diesels versions fairly, but why not be fair with the XUV700 too?
achyutaghosh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 20:33   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meph1st0 View Post
Seems high, safari just weighs 115kgs more than Harrier despite being 63mm longer and 80 mm taller. In case XUV700, the dimensions of 5 and 7 seaters are also the same. Wondering what to account for 200 kilos.
2 average to stout adults @ 85 kgs each. 25 kgs seat weight. 5 kgs margin for post lunch weight gain??
sridhar-v is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 21:30   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sridhar-v View Post
2 average to stout adults @ 85 kgs each. 25 kgs seat weight. 5 kgs margin for post lunch weight gain??
I missed it was the gross weight and not the kerb weight. Kerb weight should be similar between the variants.
Old 15th September 2021, 00:05   #807
BHPian

XUV700 would be offered in 34 variants, wow never heard any other car with so many variants. But its good for consumers so I am not complaining!!

Carwale also says that "An AWD system will be available exclusively in the top-end AX7 diesel automatic guise. The leaked documents also reveal additional variants in the AX7 trim, including C, T, and L."
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-mahindraxuv700frontview1.jpeg  

Last edited by ScorpWarp : 15th September 2021 at 00:07.
Old 15th September 2021, 00:11   #808
BHPian

Quote:
Some points detailed in this Video demo. In Tamil Of course , some points noted.

Another interesting take away from this video is that the vehicle has 12 Sony speakers, but it is also capable of simulating 4 virtual speakers that aims to allow the user to perceive the position of a sound source from a different position. Meaning that for the people listening to the music, it will be as if the car actually has 16 speakers instead of 12.
Old 15th September 2021, 12:07   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
It looks like it does have puddle lamps present. Although they are not as bright and don't project the company logo, instead a starry kind of projection.
The puddle lamps might be a present inside the the auto sensing pop-up door handles just like the Tesla Model S. These door handles are part of one of the optional packages. As of now, the non-optional variants don't get the puddle lights and ambient lighting. The latter could also be part of the these optional packages although I'm not entirely sure about it. These two features along with adjustable rear-middle headrest, individual controller for AC vents and dual exhaust pipes (not fakes ones) are present in the outgoing XUV 500. Don't know why some manufactures have resorted to do such cost cutting now.
romil.shroff is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:00   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
XUV700 would be offered in 34 variants, wow never heard any other car with so many variants. But its good for consumers so I am not complaining!!

Carwale also says that "An AWD system will be available exclusively in the top-end AX7 diesel automatic guise. The leaked documents also reveal additional variants in the AX7 trim, including C, T, and L."
As I've said before, hope the optional features are not limited to AX7, and that customers can have the option of choosing their required features atleast for AX5 as well.

Pardon me if I sound silly, but seeing whatever little out there of the AX3 interiors with the conventional parking brakes, is that lever a bit too close to the gear knob or is it just an illusion ?
Usually I've seen the parking brake lever behind the gear knob (correct me if I'm wrong). But here the 700 seems to have it right aside between the gear knob and the driver seat. Is this any sort of a potential issue in terms of obstructing our left hand movement ? However it does seem a bit too high and almost as if it's out of place. A few screenshots taken from Gaadiwaadi's Youtube video of the AX3 variant.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210915124826_youtube.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot_20210915124808_youtube.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks