Everest White:
Mahindra XUV700 Review-white.jpg
msksalman is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:15   #812
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romil.shroff View Post
The puddle lamps might be a present inside the the auto sensing pop-up door handles just like the Tesla Model S.
I don't think the puddle lamps are placed inside the door handles because as seen in the picture below there is a hard shadow just at the edge of the door and the illumination is on the bottom inside of the door. Lamps inside the door handle won't be able to throw light that far inside.

I think they are either present under the ORVM or under the door itself. As we can see some sort of reflection on the bottom corner of the door. And also the projection is sharp in the middle and fades out near the edges.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-screenshot-20210914-4.58.13-pm.png
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:24   #813
BHPian

It's official! Mahindra has announced the colours of XUV700 - Red Rage, Midnight Black, Everest White, Electric Blue & Dazzling Silver

https://twitter.com/MahindraXUV700/s...45116917161987
The Alchemist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 14:33   #814
BHPian

Colour options of the XUV7OO, officially unveiled :

Mahindra XUV700 Review-picsart_091502.32.34.jpg
Babruvahanaaaaa is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 15:53   #815
BHPian

Some info. had filtered in during the launch of XUV 7oo of a Dashcam kind of setup being present in XUV 7oo. Hard nothing more on this.

If anybody has any information on it, please share.

Last edited by Manojah : 15th September 2021 at 15:55.
Old 15th September 2021, 16:25   #816
Senior - BHPian

So midnight Black is actually blue or do I need to take a eye test?
giri1.8 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 16:45   #817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
It is dark blue and the blue shade is visibly/clearly seen during night time or under lights. If you are seeing blue in midnight black, then you don’t need an eye test
MukundanMK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 16:46   #818
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
You are right, it is deep blue. Why did they have to call it 'black' is strange. While booking online, there would be people who would select this colour thinking it is actually black.
They should have called it 'mid night blue'.
Old 15th September 2021, 17:06   #819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Some info. had filtered in during the launch of XUV 7oo of a Dashcam kind of setup being present in XUV 7oo. Hard nothing more on this.

If anybody has any information on it, please share.
You are right. The XUV 700 has the ability to record from the dashcam. There are 4 cameras present in the vehicle (Front, Rear and the two ORVM mounted cameras). According to Mr Velusamy (senior VP of Mahindra), all we need to do is to insert a memory card (which he claims we can do by asking the dealer. So not sure if there is a slot which we ourselves can insert. Maybe the slot is accessible only by the dealer with special tools. We will know better when the car launches).

Anyhow, the point being memory card can be installed. The system is set up to continuously record 11 hrs of video from the cameras (Again not clear which camera footage is recorded. I am assuming in all probability that it will be all 4 camera footages simultaneously). The system is set to adopt a FIFO (first in first out) method of recording. Meaning that once 11 hrs is recorded, the older recording is erased in order to create space for the new recordings.

There's another point as well. Mr Velusamy, in the video, also points out that there is a button on the console which when pressed will immediately save the past 3 minutes footage separately onto the memory card. This footage cannot be erased by the system. He says it was designed so that in case of an accident/incident, we can immediately press the button and the past 3 min footage will be saved separately.

This will make is easier for us to share the incident footage with anyone. Also, I feel that it saves us from the inconvenience of otherwise having to remove the memory card, watching the full 11 hr video, cutting relevant bits and saving it. Not to mention in a scenario where you are on a holiday trip, have a minor incident which means you continue on with your trip. But if the trip is longer than 11 hrs, your recording gets erased automatically to make space for new recordings.
BharathXUV700 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 17:31   #820
BHPian

I am seriously planning to book XUV700 on day one. Will booking it online from M&M web booking option put me ahead of all the dealer bookings if the booking is done on day one as soon as the booking slot opens?

I have some queries with regards to the online booking process for cars. They do not seem to be as straightforward as other products. From Hyundai's website I could understand that, even though the booking is done via the company website, actual booking is done with the dealer.

M&M Booking system also asks users to select the dealership during the booking process. Does it mean that even after booking it via Portal, the actual booking will be done by the Dealership? This will defy the purpose of booking first as the dealership may put you back in the queue.

Does anyone have any idea about the process?
bill1182 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 17:34   #821
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1182 View Post
I am seriously planning to book XUV700 on day one. Will booking it online from M&M web booking option put me ahead of all the dealer bookings if the booking is done on day one as soon as the booking slot opens?

I have some queries with regards to the online booking process for cars. They do not seem to be as straightforward as other products. From Hyundai's website I could understand that, even though the booking is done via the company website, actual booking is done with the dealer.

M&M Booking system also asks users to select the dealership during the booking process. Does it mean that even after booking it via Portal, the actual booking will be done by the Dealership? This will defy the purpose of booking first as the dealership may put you back in the queue.

Does anyone have any idea about the process?
The dealership will just reach out to get your address & identity proof documents along with PAN. Post which they will send you the CIF booklet capturing all the details already mentioned in the official booking. It's a pretty seamless process (experienced it while booking the Thar)
sid_deb is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 18:02   #822
BHPian

So does this mean, Booking online Still takes first Preference than booking through the Dealership (offline)?
msksalman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 19:42   #823
BHPian

For all those who are wondering about whether the online system is preferential or the dealer one, I had the same question about a month ago on the other XUV7OO thread I believe.

While Mahindra executives didn't give me a satisfying answer, talking to a dealer friend and through one of the Teambhp member on the Thar Review thread has given much more clarity. The process is something like this:

When you book online, you choose a dealer who'll act as your point man for the rest of the period till you get the car delivered to you. I believe that booking is still provisional contingent to the scrutiny of your documents by the dealer that you chose. Once the documents are verified and processed, the dealer marks the same on his database and that confirms the booking. Whereas in the direct booking through a dealer, the booking is done on the same day.

I believe the online booking is meant for convenience only and not for hastening the process. So those who want to book it the first day, should go for the dealer route in my opinion.

Sharing Slipstream post on the Thar Review Thread for reference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slipstream11 View Post
Yes, you need to select a particular dealer when booking online. This will be the dealer who will engage with you for all future dealings with regards to your booking and delivery formalities. Do remember to follow-up with your selected dealer on the booking - apparently a booking made online is punched in the M&M system by the dealer - only then does the booking reflect in the M&M Order Book.
Moto_Bear is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 19:56   #824
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
For all those who are wondering about whether the online system is preferential or the dealer one, I had the same question about a month ago on the other XUV7OO thread I believe.

While Mahindra executives didn't give me a satisfying answer, talking to a dealer friend and through one of the Teambhp member on the Thar Review thread has given much more clarity. The process is something like this:

When you book online, you choose a dealer who'll act as your point man for the rest of the period till you get the car delivered to you. I believe that booking is still provisional contingent to the scrutiny of your documents by the dealer that you chose. Once the documents are verified and processed, the dealer marks the same on his database and that confirms the booking. Whereas in the direct booking through a dealer, the booking is done on the same day.

I believe the online booking is meant for convenience only and not for hastening the process. So those who want to book it the first day, should go for the dealer route in my opinion.

Sharing Slipstream post on the Thar Review Thread for reference.
Planning to book the XUV 700 as soon as the bookings open. Even I'm confused about booking it offline or online. Had a very good experience with Kia when I booked the Seltos online. Mine was one of the first HTX+ AT Diesel to get delivered in Delhi. I genuinely feel that I had an advantage over people who booked their car via the dealer and everything was seamless, right from the booking number to delivery. Would love to get some insights into how things work with Mahindra so that I can plan my booking accordingly.
10nitin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 20:20   #825
BHPian

The below website has removed Diesel AX(onwards) data:

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700/#variant-pricing
TSEA is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks