Search this Thread
Old 15th September 2021, 21:07   #826
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
The below website has removed Diesel AX(onwards) data:

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700/#variant-pricing
Yes, Also, for AX7, for Transmission and the Seating Capacity they have now changed it to "To be Announced". Considering the latest leaks regarding the number of Variants to be 34 or so, Looks like, even they were confused about the Variants.
Old 15th September 2021, 21:28   #827
BHPian

What exactly is the logic behind naming the colour as Midnight Black? Evidently and clearly a dark blue. Cannot spot a shade of black anywhere! Expect some confusion that customers will face while booking.
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 23:26   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
What exactly is the logic behind naming the colour as Midnight Black? Evidently and clearly a dark blue. Cannot spot a shade of black anywhere! Expect some confusion that customers will face while booking.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
You are right, it is deep blue. Why did they have to call it 'black' is strange. While booking online, there would be people who would select this colour thinking it is actually black.
They should have called it 'mid night blue'.
Technically speaking, this shade of blue is called Midnight Black only (code #00040D). This is from the same color palette as the color called "Cool Black", which itself is a shade of blue.

But I agree, it might cause some confusions at the time of bookings where some customer mentions they need Midnight Black and the SA mistakenly books normal black variant (if it ever becomes a reality). They could have called it "Midnight Blue" which also belongs to same color palette as Midnight Black, just a slight difference in both.
Old 16th September 2021, 00:39   #829
BHPian

I was looking for full sized SUVs like Fortuner/Endeavor/Gloster for ~6 month timeline for purchase. After reading this review I wonder why should anyone spend ~2X more money in getting a top end 4x4 Gloster(the most loaded in that segment) while XUV 700 can be approximately bought at half the price. It has got almost all features what those segments offers plus more and space, engine performance wise it's comparable. Am I missing something?

Last edited by ssateesh : 16th September 2021 at 00:43.
ssateesh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 00:56   #830
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSEA View Post
The below website has removed Diesel AX(onwards) data:

https://auto.mahindra.com/suv/xuv700/#variant-pricing
This website will see frequent changes until the company announces everything to the public.
Old 16th September 2021, 07:30   #831
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
Technically speaking, this shade of blue is called Midnight Black only (code #00040D). This is from the same color palette as the color called "Cool Black", which itself is a shade of blue.

But I agree, it might cause some confusions at the time of bookings where some customer mentions they need Midnight Black and the SA mistakenly books normal black variant (if it ever becomes a reality). They could have called it "Midnight Blue" which also belongs to same color palette as Midnight Black, just a slight difference in both.
I am amazed at the nomenclature of these colours. I had galaxy red (?) Which was actually grey, Habanero red which was actually maroon on the Honda Cars. Makes it difficult for customers to select a colour without seeing the car. I'd rather the manufacturers stick to basic descriptions like silver, black, blue, red, maroon etc with fancy names only to distinguish between multiple shades in the same colour of the car. On a side note, I wonder what if an overzealous rto guy caught me for the galaxy red and said this is not red, pay up!
handsofsteel is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 09:17   #832
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssateesh View Post
It has got almost all features what those segments offers plus more and space, engine performance wise it's comparable. Am I missing something?
Gloster is a full size bigger and has more space (especially the last row). It comes with few more features like captain seats for second row or ventilated first row seats. XUV700 will be more nimble and easier to handle.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 11:34   #833
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Bear View Post
For all those who are wondering about whether the online system is preferential or the dealer one, I had the same question about a month ago on the other XUV7OO thread I believe.

While Mahindra executives didn't give me a satisfying answer, talking to a dealer friend and through one of the Teambhp member on the Thar Review thread has given much more clarity. The process is something like this:

When you book online, you choose a dealer who'll act as your point man for the rest of the period till you get the car delivered to you. I believe that booking is still provisional contingent to the scrutiny of your documents by the dealer that you chose. Once the documents are verified and processed, the dealer marks the same on his database and that confirms the booking. Whereas in the direct booking through a dealer, the booking is done on the same day.

I believe the online booking is meant for convenience only and not for hastening the process. So those who want to book it the first day, should go for the dealer route in my opinion.

Sharing Slipstream post on the Thar Review Thread for reference.
So this means, if one would like to book it online and be first, he/she must do the booking as soon as the booking opens and then rush to the dealer to get the further process done.

In my opinion, this must be a seamless process where the company must ask the buyer to upload copies of all necessary documents, which can be validated using an online real-time validation process. This would also bring transparency to the entire booking process.
Old 16th September 2021, 12:57   #834
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by handsofsteel View Post
Makes it difficult for customers to select a colour without seeing the car. I'd rather the manufacturers stick to basic descriptions like silver, black, blue, red, maroon etc with fancy names only to distinguish between multiple shades in the same colour of the car.!
Absolutely! I was a victim to this weird method of naming the colours a decade back. Tata Manza was getting a new colour named "Sienna gold" which looked stunning in the rendering shown in its website, and I booked it thinking it will be "gold" coloured. Upon delivery, the colour was more along the lines of a rotten mango or the colour of mud.("lakeside brown" as per Mahindra's nomenclature). I would have never chosen that colour of they had mentioned it as "brown".
Geta is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 17:12   #835
Team-BHP Support

Thanks to Vivek for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!

Quote:
I just got inside information that a day/night IRVM is present even in the base variant of the XUV700 i.e. MX. I saw this feature listed in the training module slides that Mahindra has given to its dealers.

I thought of sharing this information since there was a lot of talk generally and, in particular, on our forums regarding the glaring omission of this feature.
Aditya is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 17:51   #836
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Thanks to Vivek for sending this information in. Heartfelt gratitude for sharing it with other enthusiasts via this Team-BHP share page!
Any info. on presence of ventilated seats?
Manojah is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 17:52   #837
BHPian

I just got a call from a Mahindra, based on interest registered in the site. I couldn't ask too many questions since I was in the middle of something else, and hence I focused only on Diesel AT.

He mentioned that Diesel AT is limited to the following variants.
1. AX3 5 Seater
2. AX5 5 Seater
3. AX7 7 Seater

Answers regarding launch & booking dates were generic and a callback was offered after the official launch announcement. He was interested in a couple of details such as Pincode, which vehicle I'm using currently, would I be planning to exchange it, etc.

As suspected, I don't think all homologated 30+ variants would make it to production. I feel that Mahindra is still deciding how many of them should be included during the launch.
Old 16th September 2021, 18:09   #838
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aditya View Post
Every car comes with a day/night IRVM, which can be switched manually using the small latch under the mirror.

What is missing is the auto dimming day/night IRVM, which is expected on a 2 million car nowadays.
fusionbang is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 18:58   #839
BHPian

I think launch is very near and also the booking date of October 2 that many of us shared is spot on as today one dealer confirmed that training for their staff is starting next week by 24th September. The dealer I spoke to is expecting to get all details or at least more concrete information by that time.
Vivek Menon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2021, 19:20   #840
BHPian

The review mentions following con:

Quote:
Negligible boot space with the 3rd-row seat up. Either 5 onboard, or 7 with a roof-top carrier
But, is it possible to fix roof-top carrier given that large sun roof?

Most Viewed