Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2021, 09:15   #1546
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

WHHATTT

New variants to be launched today.

So whats it gonna be? More option packs? option packs on AX3 and AX5? AWD with L? or the Gold Javelin Edition?

Name:  Screenshot 20211005 at 9.13.54 AM.png
Views: 1353
Size:  224.2 KB

Last edited by UltraViolence : 5th October 2021 at 09:19. Reason: Added more Info.
UltraViolence is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 09:18   #1547
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochup View Post
Saw this Youtube video and these could be apt scenarios for the XUV700 AWD
In those deep slush, even a 4X4 will struggle if the driver is not experienced and this will definitely be challenging for the XUV700 AWD. I admire the courage of these guys who have taken the FWD Harrier there

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraViolence View Post
WHHATTT

So whats it gonna be? More option packs? option packs on AX3 and AX5? AWD with L? or the Gold Javelin Edition?
Notice it says 'variants', so it could be more than 1
I must say I love Mahindra for their customer centric attitude!

Last edited by Guna : 5th October 2021 at 09:23.
Guna is online now   (12) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 09:23   #1548
BHPian

I have heard that AX5 variant which is close to Rs 20L on road comes with two 10 inch screens, a skyroof and for that they have skipped basic things like auto climate control, cruise control, auto fold ORVM. Very disappointed tbh. It looked like the perfect variant for me but they have omitted basic things to give fancy features. Can't go for this variant because of lack of cruise control alone. Hope I find something good in the special variants revealing today.
Old 5th October 2021, 09:24   #1549
BHPian

Quote:

Maybe the "C" & "T" variants in AX5 and lower trims to give them the basic missing features all have been demanding from Mahindra. An AWD petrol with an "L" in Diesel as well would be very good addition.

Though the picture on Twitter if zoomed in gives away the golden grill. So it might be the javelin special version.

Last edited by sixthsense : 5th October 2021 at 09:31. Reason: Added observation.
sixthsense is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 09:32   #1550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Notice it says 'variants', so it could be more than 1
I must say I love Mahindra for their customer centric attitude!
Always a good thing when an OEM promptly listens to customer demands. Instills that much more confidence in customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthsense View Post
Maybe the "C" & "T" variants in AX5 and lower trims to give them the basic missing features all have been demanding from Mahindra. An AWD petrol with an "L" in Diesel as well would be very good addition.
Yup. all good and logical possibilities. lets see what surprise M&M have for us.
UltraViolence is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 09:59   #1551
BHPian

Quote:
Always a good thing when an OEM promptly listens to customer demands. Instills that much more confidence in customers.
Agreed, and it is good in this case as bookings have not started yet, but this new trend of adding a lot of features/improvements in the early lifecycle of the product can be a deterrent for new customers, who would have to go through the feeling of being left out, just after purchasing a new car. I have 2 friends who purchased Harriers in the first year, and now regret their decisions a lot. Manufacturers need to be doing a better job of offering basic features in such expensive cars - ACC and Folding ORVMS for example in the case of AX5.
nasir88 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 10:05   #1552
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
All the feedback is being collated and sent to Mahindra, there may be some addition to the AX5 variant. Please take this with a pinch of salt as I'm not sure how much we can trust the person who was just collecting feedback. Nevertheless, I sincerely hope Mahindra launches a AX5 without skyroof and ADAS but with 6 airbags, cruise control, ESP and 360° camera. I can live without a Sony 12 speaker system or ADAS.
Quote:
WHHATTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
More XUV700 variants Incoming, something special will be revealed today.

Looks like I wasn't wrong. Let's see which all variants get what all feature additions. Good to see that they're planning to get something more. Even better that they're doing it before official booking. Otherwise it would have been chaos.
BoneCollector is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 10:21   #1553
Distinguished - BHPian

Mahindra's XUV700 opens its account in the Sales figures of September, though it is likely to be mere display/demo. units to its dealers.

Mahindra Dispatches 1,370 Units Of XUV700 In September 2021

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 10:41   #1554
BHPian

Diesel AX7 L AWD announced on the site @ 22.89 L - Have to hand it to Mahindra, listening to prospective customers is one thing acting on it with agility is pretty refreshing - all the tweets to Anand Mahindra from scores of us seems to have helped, it shows Mahindra means Business with XUV700

Last edited by Jyotil : 5th October 2021 at 10:52.
Jyotil is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 10:44   #1555
BHPian

Good review. I saw one of the TD cars in Chennai a couple of days ago. The driver seemed to be distinctly uneasy on the road, the way he was moving gingerly in the traffic : ).
The vehicle looks impressive on the road but the grill still leaves you with the feeling that it looks unfinished.

Waiting to see more on the roads and the actual user feedback.
Old 5th October 2021, 10:45   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Agreed, and it is good in this case as bookings have not started yet, but this new trend of adding a lot of features/improvements in the early lifecycle of the product can be a deterrent for new customers, who would have to go through the feeling of being left out, just after purchasing a new car. I have 2 friends who purchased Harriers in the first year, and now regret their decisions a lot. Manufacturers need to be doing a better job of offering basic features in such expensive cars - ACC and Folding ORVMS for example in the case of AX5.
What I have observed living in different localities with varied demographics is that when it comes to car buying, there are broadly 2 groups of customers. (a) People living in small towns, rural, semi-urban localities tend to prefer the lower variants or the options with minimum features. Their main focus is good engine+GB combo and obviously the size (Road presence). They would much rather go for after market fitments than have those factory fitted. Their logic: Getting those fitments aftermarket costs less and they can choose only those features which they actually want. (Things like Auto IRVM, Auto Climate Control, Auto fold ORVM, Cruise control don't matter to them) (b) People in metro cities and urban localities are much more comfortable going for Mid to top variants so long those are loaded with creatures comforts and features. They don't mind paying a bit extra for those features being factory fitted.

So as I have mentioned in one of my previous post, If you are someone who values features same as its mechanical bits then it is always advisable to not compromise on feature list just because of introductory prices.

[The above findings are my own opinion and are based on observations of my neighbourhoods during past several years . My intention is not to generalize any customer. Peace ]
UltraViolence is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 10:50   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jampot View Post
However, I am not sure if I should go for Diesel since my annual run has not exceeded 6k in last 5 years. Even if it goes up in future it probably won't go beyond 8k in next few years at least (I primarily work from home). So my question to experienced members here
I am not an experienced member, but for what it is worth, I have the exact same usage (6000 Km, 75% in the city) and had the exact same dilemma.

I have the same concern with DPF/Adblue, but I did run the numbers on petrol vs diesel fuel costs using the Mahindra Thar as a benchmark (Using the FE numbers given here:https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...plained-420757)

My finding is that the diesel will cost about 30K rupees less per year than the petrol given current prices of both in Bangalore. So, the cost difference between the petrol and diesel variant will be recovered in two years.
Old 5th October 2021, 10:53   #1558
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emvi View Post
XUV 7OO Neeraj Chopra edition spied!
Who inspired who? Did Tata inspire Mahindra or did Mahindra inspire Tata? I mean, that grille with gold accents looks as gaudy as the Safari Gold edition grille.

Thankfully, we don't get a dining table dashboard for the XUV 7 double O.

Picture for reference:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-tatasafarigoldeditionblackgolddashboard.jpg  

Attached Images

Last edited by saikishor : 5th October 2021 at 10:55.
saikishor is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 10:59   #1559
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotil View Post
Diesel AX7 L AWD announced on the site @ 22.89 L - Have to hand it to Mahindra, listening to prospective customers is one thing acting on it with agility is pretty refreshing - all the tweets to Anand Mahindra from scores of us seems to have helped, it shows Mahindra means Business with XUV700
Gladly updated my choice in the cart! This is the customer responsiveness at it's best.
Guna is online now   (9) Thanks
Old 5th October 2021, 11:18   #1560
BHPian

M&M Launches AX7 Diesel L Pack with AWD for 22,89,000 Ex Showroom Price
bill1182 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks