Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2021, 21:25   #1681
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

We went for a quick test drive in the XUV700. It was the top end petrol AT model.
Actually we had just ambled into the Sahyadri Motors showroom to have a static look at the car. Their system was so well organised that they took down the basic contact details and let us have a look at the car. No fuss and no crowds. Then they guided us to a separate area for test drives. Every thing was computerised with live display of status of the waiting lists.
They estimated a 20 minutes wait for the petrol AT. So we decided to wait. Turned out to be a good choice. We had landed up at the showroom at the end of a 120 kms bad road drive in the Grand Vitara.

The drive was a short one of about 5-7 mins. But it was enough to get a fair idea of the car.My observations:-
1. M&M have really upped the game in terms of fit, finish and overall quality.
2. Their petrol engine is an eye-opener. I am used to free revving japanese petrol engines and a range of Tata turbo-diesels. I expected this petrol to be a bit of a mix with some turbo boost kick. But the engine behaved virtually like a large displacement NA engine. I could amble about with virtually no throttle, move at medium pace with light throttle inputs.
Pressing the throttle really got the car moving - more with an unending wave pf torque.
3. The AT box was behaving perfectly all through. The drive was not long enough to see how it behaves in kickdown situations or during very hard acceleration. But I do not anticipate any issues.
4. I immediately felt at home ergonomically. And could easily judge the corners and how to place the vehicle in tight spots.
5. The previous Mahindra vehicles have suffered from swaying and rocking movements event on smooth roads. The XUV700 was absolutely neutral and was very comfortable.
My better half was extremly comfortable in the rear seat all through.
sridhar-v is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 22:57   #1682
BHPian

On the website, it shows Apollo Tyres. While my showroom visit, I found all the vehicles with MRF tyres. If anyone can explain here?

Attached screenshot. ANy idea of deliveries?
I have booked AX7 L AT D as I am impressed with the After-sales services by Mahindra, one of the rare experiences posted regarding Thar by fellow BHpian.
Got my booking amount back from Tata Dealer after 2 months, I don't have the guts to handle TATA if something goes wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-screen-shot-20211006-10.54.15-pm.png  

Last edited by rpmmachine : 6th October 2021 at 23:05. Reason: added few more lines
rpmmachine is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 23:04   #1683
BHPian

Hi,
Can anyone confirm terms & conditions for booking online tomorrow?
I mean, till when can we cancel the booking and will we get 100% refund?
Asking because I'm sitting on the fence and likely to finalize the car later, but do not want the delivery delays for booking later.
dh.harshal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 23:09   #1684
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaanSingh View Post
Anybody knows if ESP in AX5 Diesel Automatic includes Traction Control and Hill Hold Control
The Latest Gen ESP suite is standard for both AX5, AX7 & AX7L variants and includes traction control, vehicle dynamics control, hill descent control, roll over mitigation, hill hold control, secondary collision mitigation, brake disc wiping, torque vectoring by braking and electronic brake prefill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
On the website, it shows Apollo Tyres. While my showroom visit, I found all the vehicles with MRF tyres.
The 7OO comes with Apollo Apterra HP tyres as well, in addition to MRF Wanderer Ecotreads. Our official review car was shod with the former.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmmachine View Post
Can you please shed some light, which one is better between the two and why?
Maybe we can ask the dealer to change these if possible with the better ones.
Both are average performers in terms of comfort and longevity. I am surprised Mahindra didn't go with Bridgestones this time (a popular OEM choice for the 5OO from W5 onwards). If a better option is in the market for that tyre profile, better get it swapped after delivery at a good tyre shop.

If it has to be between the two above, I have always hated Apollos. So MRFs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
It makes sense to offer MRF Wanderer on the AWD and Apollo Apterra HP on other models. If they fit them randomly, I want to know if they can be swapped at the dealership at the time of delivery.
I don't think the dealership would agree to swap tyres at the time of delivery because the car allotted or registered has factory-feeded tyre details in the car's officially issued Forms. Still, you can try and ask for it.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 6th October 2021 at 23:33. Reason: added replies to rpmmachine & Guna.
RavenAvi is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 23:10   #1685
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harshal View Post
Hi,
Can anyone confirm terms & conditions for booking online tomorrow?
I mean, till when can we cancel the booking and will we get 100% refund?
Asking because I'm sitting on the fence and likely to finalize the car later, but do not want the delivery delays for booking later.
I was told that if I go ahead and then cancel I would lose ₹ 2100.

I have not got any other info. I’ve added to cart and kept but no T&C available. It says that I’ll get a communication tomorrow from M&M when bookings open.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-a9e91faa59a14757ba407153b8ea3d32.png  

Last edited by KapilD : 6th October 2021 at 23:16.
KapilD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 23:12   #1686
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
The 7OO comes with Apollo Apterra HP tyres as well, in addition to MRF Wanderer Ecotreads. Our official review car was shod with the former.
Can you please shed some light, which one is better between the two and why?
Maybe we can ask the dealer to change these if possible with the better ones.

Last edited by rpmmachine : 6th October 2021 at 23:14. Reason: correction
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 23:16   #1687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

It makes sense to offer MRF Wanderer on the AWD and Apollo Apterra HP on other models. If they fit them randomly, I want to know if they can be swapped at the dealership at the time of delivery.
Old 6th October 2021, 23:31   #1688
Senior - BHPian

Visited India Garage, Whitefield today and took a test drive of Diesel AX7 AT. It was surprising that there was no other vehicle on display except an XUV7OO. It was a pleasant experience and nothing to complain about the drive. Midnight black colour looks stunning.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211006_163417.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211006_165129.jpg

Did anyone feel that gap between panels on A pillars is little too much? I could see dust accumulation inside.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211006_180000.jpg
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211006_180013.jpg

Last edited by airbus : 6th October 2021 at 23:36. Reason: Grammer.
airbus is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 23:38   #1689
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Did anyone feel that gap between panels on A pillars is little too much? I could see dust accumulation inside.
Yeah, expect to see minor issues like this on an otherwise superbly engineered car.

Hope M&M sort out such initial quality control issues, and hope there’s no serious issues present under the XUV700’s surface, like was with the case of its younger sibling, the XUV500.
TheHelix0202 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2021, 23:38   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Not sure about the other features but 360 camera is readily available as an after market accessory these days. Moreover one of my friend who is in Mahindra Chennai plant pointed out that some of the L features like 12 speaker system and 360 camera could be made available as official accesory sometime later in FY22.
Could you please ask your friend if he/she has any idea of when Mahindra will provide ventilated seats. Also, if such an option will be provided as an accessory that can be retro fitted later.
Old 7th October 2021, 02:31   #1691
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajshenoy View Post
Not sure if this was asked before, but I am noticing a big jump in prices for the 5 vs 7 seaters. Does anyone have more idea as to what additional features will be offered along with those 3rd row seats ? 50k+ increase in OTR just for 2 extra child seats seems to steep to me.
The difference is 60K (ex-showroom) between the 5-seater version and the 7-seater version of the same variant.

As per the fine print in the official brochure, for the extra 60K+ bucks OTR you pay for the 7-seater versions, you get:-

1) 3rd row 50:50 split reclinable seats with headrests,
2) 3rd row three-point seatbelts,
3) 3rd row aircon vents with rotary speed controller,
4) 3rd row separate 12V socket,
5) 3rd row cupholders,
6) 2nd row seat with armrest and cupholders,
7) 2nd row 60:40 one-touch tumble function.

Complete VFM, if you ask me.
RavenAvi is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 07:08   #1692
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Both tires were seen on the vehicles being tested in their high speed track so one cannot go wrong with either of them. The pattern though nominally based on their Apterra and Wanderer range, these ones are made for steering response and braking performance, should cost about the same. Bridgestone as well sells a Dueler model that has sidewalls that you can tear with your finger nails

It is unlikely that they would allow you to swap the tires.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 07:31   #1693
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani21 View Post
I was looking for a spacious and reliable 5 seater SUV. Checked out the XUV 700 yesterday and ticked almost all the boxes . However there's only one issue. I'm confused between XUV 700 MX petrol variant and diesel variant. My annual running is not more than 8k-9k km. Which one should be a better option? with the petrol I'm a little hesitant with its low mileage, while in the diesel engine , there are chances of DPF issues cropping up because of my limited running.
Glad to see some folks looking at the MX variants. Most discussion here is about whether to opt for the Luxury pack or not

I think the MX variants offer unbelievable value for those looking for a basic car which is spacious, can be taken on long trips, and is powerful and safe. I am sure these are short lived variants, there is no way M&M can be making profits on these variants given the high GST structure for such large cars - the net realisation cannot be more than 7-8 lakhs on these variants. The plug will be pulled at the earliest opportunity after launch. To provide modern turbo petrol/diesel engines, independant suspension with FSD on both the front and rear, all four disk brakes, and BS6 compatible emission systems at this price point is a feat for sure. M&M are ready to eat the losses on a few 100 units just for the screamingly good headline value of the unbelievably low.price.points on these variants.

Coming to your specific question, I would vote for the Turbopetrol. You get the full Monty treatment of 200 hp and it is not de-tuned like the diesel. For 8000 km running in a year, even if you see a 2-3 kpl efficiency difference, you are talking a few 100 litres of extra petrol and that translates to say 20-25K in added fuel costs. It will take at least 3 years of running the diesel to recover the upfront price difference. But in the meantime with the petrol, you get to enjoy a smooth, powerful Turbopetrol that can probably beat even the luxury Germans at accelerating away from red lights!

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 7th October 2021 at 07:36.
84.monsoon is online now   (15) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:10   #1694
BHPian

Good morning fellow Bhpians! Got a call from my dealer for confirmation of my booking. I believe I have my booking in the system. The wait for an XUV700 AX7 L DSL AT AWD (that's a mouthful) officially begins!!

Interested to know the total number of AWD bookings from this forum. Do add 1 to the end of your response to increment the number..

+1 (AWD)
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 09:18   #1695
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Good morning fellow Bhpians! Got a call from my dealer for confirmation of my booking. I believe I have my booking in the system. The wait for an XUV700 AX7 L DSL AT AWD (that's a mouthful) officially begins!!

Interested to know the total number of AWD bookings from this forum. Do add 1 to the end of your response to increment the number..

+1 (AWD)
+1 (AWD)
Key is to get it in to Mahindra system. I am keeping my fingers crossed. Dealer keeps asking me to confirm the variant again and again and hope they don't mess it up. I had also created a cart but it seems even that would be routed to the dealer for further processing, so I am not going ahead with the check out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks