Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 13:32   #1801
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

New Pricing For Tomorrow at 10 AM. Prices have gone up by approx ₹50,000.

Name:  New_Pricing_XUV700.jpg
Views: 915
Size:  57.8 KB
HP-BHP is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 13:40   #1802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HP-BHP View Post

Attachment 2216127
Was expected.

I am now not booking even if I am offered to book at the initial prices too. This looks like totally preplanned fleecing.

I would book if I want to, at my own sweet time. Don't mind paying 1 lakh extra, if the product is niggle free and I have complete information on the product.

Mod Note : Abusive language – whether used directly or indirectly - is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP. A decent communication protocol must be adhered to. Foul language and the use of abusive words / photographs in posts / avatars / signatures / topics are STRICTLY prohibited.

We advise you to read the Forum Rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th October 2021 at 14:22. Reason: Mod note attached.
Manojah is offline   (10) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 7th October 2021, 13:53   #1803
BHPian

Quote:
If these prices are accurate the AX7L AT AWD has gone up just by 10K! The one that I am keen on is the AX7L AT FWD has gone up by 30K, so don’t feel that bad as I am not in desperate need to upgrade from my current W10AT FWD.
Old 7th October 2021, 13:54   #1804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Was expected.

I am now not booking even if I am offered to book at the initial prices too. This looks like totally preplanned fleecing.

I would book if I want to, at my own sweet time. Don't mind paying 1 lakh extra, if the product is niggle free and I have complete information on the product.
Also don't think this lot will get any sort of price protection, so eventually by the time it comes for them to buy the car which might be in second half of next year, the prices will be up by a lac or more anyway.

Last edited by Sheel : 7th October 2021 at 14:25. Reason: Quoted post edited.
AtheK is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 13:58   #1805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
Also don't think this lot will get any sort of price protection, so eventually by the time it comes for them to buy the car which might be in second half of next year, the prices will be up by a lac or more anyway.
I do agree with this. My friend got his THAR a few days before and from the booking till delivery prices were up by 1.5 lakhs approx ex-showroom. so on-road may be more.
rpmmachine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 13:58   #1806
BHPian

Quote:
The fact that the price increase is bigger for MX and just 10k for AWD L variant reconfirms M&M strategy of pushing the crowd towards top variants and burying lower variants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Was expected.

Even more of a reason for everyone to wait for some time before buying the 700. It'll be a win-win both ways. People will get a niggle free car with all the information (feature-wise) without confusion and multiple long term ownership reviews to strengthen/weaken the buying decision.

Invest the down payment smartly and it would help compensate any further price revisions till you are ready

Last edited by UltraViolence : 7th October 2021 at 14:26.
UltraViolence is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:02   #1807
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtheK View Post
The price would be protected as in any case whenever the delivery happens the prices would have changed 2-3 times, and so it doesn't make any sense at all to have 25K bookings at an introductory price

Last edited by Jyotil : 7th October 2021 at 14:13.
Jyotil is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:03   #1808
BHPian

Hi Team bhp family,

Just wanted to share my booking experience here. As mentioned in an earlier post I had paid the 21k booking amount and shared my pancard and aadhaar on 2nd oct itself, additionally I had added the car in the 'MyCart' section too as a backup.
On 5 Oct I got a call from the showroom to confirm my choice of model and color etc. Yesterday night at about 9pm the SA again messaged me on watsapp to confirm the model details.Today I reached the showroom at 9:40 and was trying to call my SA, and simultaneously tried logging into the portal. Guess what... both were non responsive . For a moment I had a flashback of the time I was waiting anxiously in the maternity hospital right before my wife's delivery .
Apparently there was no staff available in the front desk other than a couple of security personel who had doubled up as front desk staff too.( So much for going that extra mile before performance cycle am sure the duo would get good ratings) Exactly at 10 some random bloke ran an errand shouting the sites open for booking. Tried logging again on my mobile, well as elusive as a Thar petrol base variant, not available. Then suddenly someone from the floor above shouted the sites down and an counter voice came stating we have a different site dont panick, the dealers site is working. That is when I came to understand that dealers have a separate network and may be a different server compared to the public one that we have. Thanked my stars for making the wise decision to comedown to the showroom. After around 15, 20 mins another voice was heard " Done! all 220 files done". Then finally my SA showed his elusive face and said its done for you sir. Me being me I asked do you know my name he laughed and said yes and took my name. However the plot was not lost there, I asked my next question, where is the receipt and confirmation messag or mail,... He was gone with the wind again leaving me lurched all high and dry.

I mustered my strength and marched to the first floor into their office and found a guy who was wearng an XUV 700 t shirt and sitting infront of a laptop. I politely asked him about my case. He asked my number and he logged into some portal and entered the same. After a brief pause, voila there it was. I have shared an image of the same.
When I enquired about the receipt, he mentioned that by today evening they would dispatch the same. I asked him one last question, does that mean am in the 25k list. He mentioned yes else the system wouldn't take your entry and generate the booking details.
Hence with that I was slightly convinced but still have my doubts because until 10th is when the delivery dates would be communicated.
I have one question from the community members, while closely inspecting the attached image I saw my name was missing a W, will that be a concern while registring.
Second theres an exshowroom price and a total price which is exactly 18,190 dearer to the exshowroom price. What is this cost really
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-20211007_130213.jpg  

Monty1 is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:10   #1809
BHPian

Is XUV700 the fastest booked car in Indian Automobile History? 25000 bookings within two hours. Go Mahindra!
gargville is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:15   #1810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMK-MoJo View Post
Check the latest status from website.. bookings closed for today and reopens tomorrow. May be prices will change as 25k bookings crossed.
Mahindra have played the marketing game brilliantly with this launch. Taking the PR & Marketing strategy from last year's Thar launch to the next level.

The 25,000 bookings are obviously inclusive of all the pre-bookings that dealers have been accepting over the last week. They have all been logged into the system today to claim such insane bragging rights.

It would not be surprised if internally dealers were given certain quotas from the 25,000 early bird bookings to ensure there is a fair distribution of orders and deliveries for all their dealerships.

We won't even ever know if there actually were a total 25,000 bookings completed or if the number has been plucked out of thin air to create an even bigger hype.

What the above banner says to me is whoever books tomorrow will not get their thar until at least 6 months later. 25000 bookings completed, at approx 4000 deliveries a month one would expect. An easy 6 month wait for round 2.

I would also request anyone booking or knowing someone who books tomorrow, to keep us in the loop as to when they eventually get their delivery. That would be a good indicator to how many bookings really went into the first batch.
ask99 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:39   #1811
Distinguished - BHPian

M&M have crossed the first frontier on the journey from fair, transparent, equitable pricing to full elastic demand-based pricing. So the first step is varying prices over time. They have done this. As days go by, people pay more and more until the demand has been fully satisfied. Every customer paid based on :
  • (inverse of their promptness quotient) multiplied by (quotient of how badly they want the product - inelasticity of demand to price)

Now, the next frontier is go truly elastic pricing, where price rises until the highest point at which all units can be sold is realized and sell all units at this maximum possible price. Why should M&M care if a customer is prompt and organized, has good internet connection and therefore able to book within the 57 minute interval at a lower cost? As a commercial business, it would be better for them to sell the next 6 month's production at as high a price as possible!

The way to achieve this is by auction. Ask everyone to bid with the reserve price being the ones published and then allot from the highest bidder down. I would not put it past Mahindra to attempt something like this with the next launch - maybe the new Scorpio? After all they have many industry firsts to their credit

Last edited by 84.monsoon : 7th October 2021 at 14:44.
84.monsoon is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:41   #1812
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Hi Team bhp family,
Second theres an exshowroom price and a total price which is exactly 18,190 dearer to the exshowroom price. What is this cost really
That is 1% TCS to be collected on ex-showroom price.
Ex-show room price = 1819000.
1% TCS = 18190.
The Alchemist is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:47   #1813
Distinguished - BHPian

One more 7OO rear-ended. No details available yet. Pic received on Whatsapp.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-acc700.jpg

I wonder if these rear-end incidents are happening due to the ADAS & adaptive cruise control systems. A speeding 7OO suddenly slows down due to a sudden/inevitable block in it's cruising path, but the vehicle following behind it isn't able to brake/slow down that quickly or in time.

Makes me wonder if the slowing down process of the 7OO in such situation triggers the rear tail lights and the HMSL to light up, as a warning to the traffic following right behind it. Someone needs to check this function in the 7OO, as it could be a traffic safety issue.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th October 2021 at 14:58. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 14:53   #1814
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghunath Singh View Post
Can someone who pre-booked through the dealer confirm how they received booking confirmation? Was it SMS or email, is there a booking ref ID from Mahindra or delaer?
I got an email at around 2:20 PM today. It's just a brief confirmation that mentions the dealer's name and the model booked. No booking ID.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachhaMan10 View Post
I have done pre-book via dealership.
I got an email saying booking is done but doesn't have any reference number attached to it.
Dealer says booking is placed and it is under 25000 and will get message with reference ID in some time.
Not entirely confident till I see a reference number. Fingers crossed!
Yeah, i agree its not very confidence-inspiring but i think getting this email / text means the booking has indeed gone through

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Attachment 2216136
This happened in Faridabad yesterday. A friend told me about this. The driver was not used to driving an automatic and braked suddenly (probably used his left foot) and got rear-ended by a truck!
10nitin is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 15:04   #1815
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post

Attachment 2216136

I wonder if these rear-end incidents are happening due to the ADAS & adaptive cruise control systems. A speeding 7OO suddenly slows down due to a sudden/inevitable block in it's cruising path, but the vehicle following behind it isn't able to brake/slow down that quickly or in time.

Makes me wonder if the slowing down process of the 7OO in such situation triggers the rear tail lights and the HMSL to light up, as a warning to the traffic following right behind it. Someone needs to check this function in the 7OO, as it could be a traffic safety issue.
The rear end doesnt look brittle rather malleable. May be over guessing, a hot water treatmemt should bring back the shape. Please comment if my understanding is wrong here
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks