Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2021, 18:05   #1846
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by k_ajay View Post
I haven't yet got an email from Mahindra officially, yet (sales contact had my email address, verified right).
You would have got an email but it may have gone in to the spam folder.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 18:07   #1847
Senior - BHPian

Just got a call from the dealer that they can take my booking per introductory prices as I had shown interest for the car long back.
This shows it's a marketing ploy by Mahindra to garner eye balls and put the fear of FOMO into customers who are on the fence with the XUV700.

I am ready to book and buy one, but the 10% cancellation charge on booking amount is atrocious for a car on which I have not yet taken a proper test drive. All I could get was a KM long test drive on which I could not even test anything.

Not expected this from Mahindra. You really dropped the ball this time around.
speedmiester is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 18:09   #1848
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashanis View Post
If these prices are accurate the AX7L AT AWD has gone up just by 10K! The one that I am keen on is the AX7L AT FWD has gone up by 30K, so don’t feel that bad as I am not in desperate need to upgrade from my current W10AT FWD.
Waiting for a while is still better in my view.

1. Vehicles delivered after say June 2022 may have less niggles, more reliable. You might also get feedback from early birds, more clarity on road behavior, service costs, real life mileage and key concerns that may affect long term reliability if any. Vehicle will spend less time in garages to resolve issues with the initial vehicles (want to become volunteer / guinea pig?)

2. If on loan, interest saved is more than price hike. You might save over 60K on a ~15 lakh loan over 6+ months (I read somewhere that 25K vehicles mean 6 months of production of XUV700). If you were planning to use own funds, say ~20 lakhs, you might get similar amount as FD interest.

3. You might be able to hunt for better insurance. Buy 3 year mandatory third party from dealer, and buy OD Zero dep separately from your favorite insurer. This can also save you 30-40K.

4. New vehicles may come with better electronics (Moore's law) and possibly enhanced feature list listening to the feedback here (if they are serious for long term reputation). And possibly a choice of telco for the e-SIM activation.

5. Competition may offer updated products and possibly better discounts.

Negatives:

1. You might have a bit more depreciation on old vehicle if planning for exchange. But new vehicle will also have benefit as it depreciates lesser if you planned to sell in say 2027 in either cases.

2. Risk of increased road taxes to discourage diesel. Conversely, can benefit the user if the the industry is provided incentives as demanded.

3. First batches might get additional year's extended warranty at low/zero cost. Batches beyond 50K may have to pay, but will already get better and more reliable product.

4. Some risk of cartelization.

5. Risk of M&M dropping some minor features

Well, when I bought my XUV500 W5/2011, it spent several months of time in garage, cumulatively, in the first 3 years of ownership due to so many issues. During that period it received several repairs/bruises/scratches/stains/broken trims / plastic parts, at the dealer's workshop, whose untrained or poor quality technicians probably received training first time on such customer vehicles. M&M's dealer services improved significantly since then as they removed rogue ones and that many have more experienced staff, however, the quality is still far from satisfactory. More concerns as new electronic features, ADAS etc. are introduced which need different skillset to diagnose issues than old simpler mechanicals and electricals.

My brain says wait. Heart says go for it. Hope the brain wins this time and still satisfies the heart.
Pulse500 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 18:10   #1849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dh.harshal View Post
I just received a call from the dealer, saying Mahindra have given my number to them as I had the Cart ready but couldn't finish the booking.
He said, I can still go ahead with the booking with the dealer at the launch pricing as my cart was ready.
Got the same call just now from the Dealer. When asked that the 25000 bookings got over in 55 minutes and my booking is still in the cart the reply was the Yes sir ypu can still go ahead and book till 10 am tomorrow morning.

I doubt the genuinity of this cart booking being counted in the first 25000 bookings.

Is anyone aware of the refund policy on the 21K advance payment?
LivingCars is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 18:10   #1850
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
Did anybody notice the fine print? A hike again?
As expected.

Quote:
I doubt pricing increase will be such a high number %. If we take some variants, that's almost an increase of ₹ 1L or ₹ 2L, even.

Compared to AX7 Diesel AT AWD (without L) has increased from ₹ 21.09L to ₹ 21.49L, ex-showroom.
Let's crunch some ex-showroom numbers.

MX petrol is 12.49 now, MX diesel 12.99.
AX3 petrol 14.49, AX3 diesel 14.99.

Supposing even one more hike on (or before) 01st January 2022, plus (a given) future discontinuation of the MX variants, and the XUV7OO lineup will start from 14.99L for the AX3 petrol from AY2022.

Taking same increments into account, the top-end AX7L diesel AT AWD is now at 22.99. That would stretch to at least 23.49/23.99, if not more, come January 2022.

This is just for the one mandatory price hike on New Year's day. If there's more than one hike, I expect the top-most variant to touch 24.99.

This is even before a single paying customer gets his hands on a diesel 7OO. (petrol deliveries = end-November, diesel deliveries = end-December)

Anyone remember this poll?

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...-99-lakhs.html (Mahindra XUV700, now launched at 11.99 lakhs)

Looks like Mahindra will eventually make all 5 options-choosing TBHPians happy by finally settling the XUV7OO in the 15L-25L price bracket before we see them running on the roads. Rejoice!

Those who booked today are extremely lucky. Book tomorrow, and you will also be lucky.

Booking down the line? Well...you be the judge.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 7th October 2021 at 18:35. Reason: added.
RavenAvi is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 18:18   #1851
BHPian

I had first booked AX7-L diesel AT.

With the launch of new variants, I changed it to AX7-L diesel AT AWD. Because, why not! That's the variant we all have been waiting for, right?

But then I realised that for two features, I am paying a big premium. One is the AWD, which will be seldom used. Second is AT. This being a big car, will be mostly used on highways. AT doesn't add much value there. But I will suffer about 10% more fuel costs. And Mahindra is charging steep for the AT - 1.6 lakh on ex showroom, which becomes 1.9 lakh on road. Not worth for my use case. So finally booked the AX7 L diesel MT. About 24 lakh on road, good value I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedmiester View Post
... I have not yet taken a proper test drive. All I could get was a KM long test drive on which I could not even test anything.
A km long! Here in Pune, all we got was one round around the Mahindra showroom

Last edited by pseudo_coder : 7th October 2021 at 18:25.
pseudo_coder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 18:19   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Price hike was oncoming, that is what we all knew.
BUT it will be hiked so soon is what none of us might have expected.
On top of it, next price hike is around the corner already as current hiked prices are ONLY limited to next 25,000 bookings.
No wonder if it increases again tomorrow as next 25k booking may finish up by then.

Now, I am very well convinced that, an year down the line, prices will go up by approx. 2 lakhs.
So the people who are waiting for initial niggles to be sorted will have to pay the price.

Also it won't be the cheapest car in the segment by then.
Not to forget that plastic quality inside cabin is not at all premium by any standards.
Maximum, It's on par with plastic quality of entry level cars from other brands.
I dont think the AX7 models have much of a space to increase prices by 2L. In case of Thar they could use the niche card and no competition but here, they have Harrier-Safari-Hector-Hector plus to deal with. Also I am sure in another 6 months - 12 months, we might either see discounts on Harrier-Safari-Hector to make them attractive proposition or they will have at par features. XUV would lose then the game of VFM tag.

The price hike and bookings is just a stunt I feel to create that FOMO effect for a newly launched car. The time we get competition to match features, we would see many bookings cancel.
neoonwheels is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 19:12   #1853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by car_guy1998 View Post
Yesterday, I had a look at the XUV7OO at the nearby showroom and since we are planning to replace our 10 year old Innova, we are considering the XUV7OO as well
Would love to know what you think of the ride quality once you test drive it as compared to Innova. Thanks!
silverknight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 19:15   #1854
Senior - BHPian

Hello bhpians.

Here is latest round of info on the XUV700.

1. As of now the diesel variant of the XUV700 is 5 star GNCAP ready but the petrol variant is a borderline case. So it's likely that Mahindra will send the diesel variant to GNCAP but they are working on making the petrol variant get a comfortable 5 star score so we will have to wait and see which variant they send finally.

2. We have just had a price rise for the XUV700 and according to my sources a 2nd price correction or rise can be expected in Q1 2022. This time too there is likely to be a price increase in the range of 50k to 70k rupees.

3. According to my sources red colour is the one which you will be able to get at the earliest while midnight black will have you wait the most. The 2nd easiest colour to get delivery of will be silver. The variant which you will be able to get in the least amount of time is Petrol Automatic in Red Rage colour in both AX3 and AX5 trims.

4. Customer deliveries are expected to start anytime between 31st October and 6th November so there is a slim chance that customers won't be able to get their XUV700s delivered on the auspicious Diwali days.

5. Mahindra's target is to deliver 10k XUVs before the end of this year and 25k units before end of February 2022.

6. According to my sources, the stockyard at Mahindra's Chakan plant is choc a bloc with XUV700s but they are waiting for the final certification for Android Auto and Apple Carplay before sending the cars to dealerships. This certification is expected to be done in this week itself.

7. Mahindra is likely to offer a 360° camera conversion kit to customers at the dealer level which will involve changing the front logo and both the ORVMs with camera equipped ones and also 2 wiring harnesses would need to be changed for enabling this feature.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
ram87pune is offline   (68) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 19:15   #1855
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
I have shared an image of the same. When I enquired about the receipt, he mentioned that by today evening they would dispatch the same. I asked him one last question, does that mean am in the 25k list. He mentioned yes else the system wouldn't take your entry and generate the booking details.
...I saw my name was missing a W, will that be a concern while registring.
As per the receipt, the Committed Date of Delivery mentions September 9, 2099!

Regarding your name being misspelt, please get this corrected from the dealer right away. Later, it will definitely prove to be a hassle.

Quote:
The sms from 'Team Mahindra' did not have a Booking ID. The link to Mahindra Auto website also isn't reflecting the vehicle & variant in the 'My Bookings' section. I will give it sometime, before I ask the sales contact. I haven't yet got an email from Mahindra officially, yet
Many members seem to have received an SMS and an E-mail too. In my case, I've received only an SMS, that too in the afternoon (Attaching below). No updates from the dealer yet about further process. Also, the booking was reflecting under the "My Bookings" tab on the website till afternoon, seems to have disappeared now. Have taken a screenshot nonetheless. Weird stuff happening!
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211007wa0001.jpg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211007wa0002.jpg  

IamNikhil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 19:16   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Looks like everyone was doing fastest finger first
The dealer where I booked in Bangalore was able to secure 700 bookings within 1st 15 mins. They claim that they have the highest booking in South India.
Even I booked through the same dealer. I just got a confirmation on WhatsApp. Didn't get the booking ID or reference number. Also got an email with the sales advisor details. No information on booking. Have been following up from morning, no response yet. Might have to visit the dealership tomorrow to check if my booking went through the first 25k

Update: just got an update from dealer. Some OTF number. Any idea what OTF stands for?

Last edited by febin8055 : 7th October 2021 at 19:22. Reason: Updating booking status
febin8055 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 19:34   #1857
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoonwheels View Post
I dont think the AX7 models have much of a space to increase prices by 2L. In case of Thar they could use the niche card and no competition but here, they have Harrier-Safari-Hector-Hector plus to deal with. Also I am sure in another 6 months - 12 months, we might either see discounts on Harrier-Safari-Hector to make them attractive proposition or they will have at par features. XUV would lose then the game of VFM tag.
VFM - depends highly on what customers value.

Look at Creta, it has 3 times the demand than what Hyundai can supply. Thar - well that is another story.

XUV followed Aria into the market and by the time Hexa arrived fully loaded XUV was no longer VFM but still continued to sell more even at a higher price than Hexa.

As news of Indica`s launch hit the news, Maruti reduced the price of M800 and Zen just hours before Tata`s price reveal.

Tata was amused but that was MS defending its territory. Indica was a very VFM product but...it was not a Maruti.
Old 7th October 2021, 19:39   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
As per the receipt, the Committed Date of Delivery mentions September 9, 2099!

Also, the booking was reflecting under the "My Bookings" tab on the website till afternoon, seems to have disappeared now. Have taken a screenshot nonetheless. Weird stuff happening!
Same here, my booking was also reflecting under "My Bookings" tab, but now has disappeared since evening
pamishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 19:45   #1859
BHPian

Re: XUV700 cross 25000 bookings under an hour

They have done an excellent job of marketing it. Today I was at VVC Kondapur and it was literally a fish market there with the XUV 700.

Did they have a ticker or something which showed 25k bookings.

If not they should at the least honour the bookings made today at the introductory price.
Old 7th October 2021, 19:50   #1860
BHPian

Re: XUV700 cross 25000 bookings under an hour

That's an astounding achievement for Mahindra. First the 75,000 bookings for the Thar in a year and now this. One should just hope they follow up with timely deliveries on the XUV700 without too many delays.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks