Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 14:04   #2596
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
Hello tbhpians,
Off late, I have seen very poor response from the sales consultant.

I know lot of our members have booked via Anant cars. Has anyone from Bangalore facing this issue ? Pls let me know
Not XUV700, but I had a bad experience with XUV300 booking,(Mysore road dealer) and ended up cancelling whereas I shoulda taken delivery a few days later(To their credit, the Branch Manager was apologetic and tried his best to retain me, but the damage was already done).

Is yours the same dealer?
SoupRaw is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 14:09   #2597
BHPian

Re: XUV700 (or some other?) testing at Khardungla Oct 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
Also, I don't know if it is possible to drive in the manner you described when one is up in the remote mountains on narrow or non-existent roads with no flat stretches for hundreds of km in any directions. So, having the manual regen option is non-negotiable.
Switching to manual will help in such scenarios and attaining higher rpms shouldn't be a problem. But yes, agree a flick of the button will be more convenient. Hope all of us have a hassle-free experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Actually the TBhp news item mentioned that these were two petrol AT cars. I would have also expected Diesel AWDs but Petrol ??
I believe the quoted post is about the camouflaged vehicles spotted recently, so it is possible that they are testing the diesel. The drive to Uming La was in Red and Blue XUVs and yes, they were petrol variants. I remember reading it on Mahindra's website and wondering if they didn't have the confidence to take a BS6 diesel there.

Last edited by a_chelat : 27th October 2021 at 14:10. Reason: Typos
a_chelat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 14:22   #2598
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carz77 View Post
I know lot of our members have booked via Anant cars. Has anyone from Bangalore facing this issue ? Pls let me know
Not with Anant cars but with India Garage Mahadevapura. I am following up for a test drive for a few days and none scheduled yet.
impala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 14:41   #2599
BHPian

Here's how Mahindra XUV700 Conquered Umling La; The Highest Motorable Pass In The World - https://www.carandbike.com/news/mahi...-world-2588672
kachamohan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 14:48   #2600
Distinguished - BHPian

The ‘AdrenoX’ badge on the front fender is going to be moved to the rear fender.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-c357290aa2c1405a9f3331e81e686c18.jpeg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVhUa8pl...dium=copy_link
CEF_Beasts is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 15:02   #2601
Senior - BHPian

Saw a blue one on road and wasn't test drive car. Has good road presence and appeared quite wide . Looked more like a evolution of XUV500 which isn't a bad thing. Personally find the design a bit busy and the color too flashy. Overall on road and on paper looks like good product. VFM pricing, tonne's of feature, good road presence and wide spectrum of models which enables Mahindra to compete from Creta to Tuscon! Happy to see a market disruptor from Mahindra.
PrideRed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 15:43   #2602
BHPian

Any news from anyone regarding the delivery dates communication from dealers?
Monty1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 16:03   #2603
BHPian

Haven't received any updates even though today is the 27th. Was expecting a delivery commencement post, etc on the official Mahindra handles, but nothing yet. No communication from the dealer either. I'm starting to believe that the hoopla around deliveries commencing from today was just another gimmick and maybe only select few deliveries might happen to people with some influence. In absence of any concrete information regarding the much-touted "algorithm", god knows what these guys are upto!
IamNikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 16:08   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monty1 View Post
Any news from anyone regarding the delivery dates communication from dealers?
My dealer states they don't have any updates on the deliveries.
piyush1.a is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 16:13   #2605
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV700 (or some other?) testing at Khardungla Oct 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Actually the TBhp news item mentioned that these were two petrol AT cars. I would have also expected Diesel AWDs but Petrol ??

Attachment 2224621
But those two cars were not camouflaged.

Last edited by Samba : 27th October 2021 at 16:22.
Old 27th October 2021, 16:40   #2606

This will be my first post, and I plan on it being as informative as possible.

I managed to book our XUV 700 on 7 October at around 10:45 am online

Although we were approached by a dealer near our house and he had taken a post dated cheque and booking details on 3rd October itself with a promise of early booking but I had my doubts so I went on with an online one as well.

Turns out the dealer wasn’t able to book, the salesperson said server had crashed and they could only manage 5-7 bookings.

Later we cancelled then dealer booking and went ahead with the online one. Though the online one shows confirmed there is no contact from the dealer end yet.

I took three test drives of the same model AX7 L diesel AT and came out with new points after each test drive:

FIRST DRIVE:
Having waited for the car since 14th August, the first drive was nothing but delight, the big infotainment screen, comfortable seats, impressive performance and the general road presence was better than I ever expected.

The Diesel engine was impressively silent and had a strong pull which lacked in the safari, I had driven safari too on that date and it doesn’t accelerate with happiness.

Though there was one observation, the electronic parking brake system was a hit or a miss, I have driven a few cars with an EPB to say that yes I know how the system works, and it’s a good to have feature but in the XUV it seemed like a headache, more of a nuisance. The button wouldn’t work, sometimes the car would shudder up till 10Kmph of speed as if the brake is deciding whether to remain on or off, and all in all it felt a bit cumbersome. I could be wrong or maybe it was just an one off niggle in an one off model.

SECOND DRIVE:

This was the time I started noticing some drawbacks.
Started off as a passenger, the ride quality was pretty good, but road and wind noise was evident. The plastic which is on the pillars and especially the one which which marks the side curtain airbag was very flimsy, I could press it and shake it and it would move all reflecting sub par quality.

It is evident that low grade plastic is used all across the cabin and the soft touch fake leather covers is conveniently at all the places one would generally look.
Now don’t get me wrong, this is not necessarily a bad thing, since the low quality wasn’t in the face, it genuinely seemed like an intelligent decision to keep costs in check for the sake of its competitive pricing. We can’t expect VAG level qualities can’t we, then we should also be open to spending north of 50lakhs on a Mahindra. We are already getting engines and features which are at par, at a solid build quality.

While driving my observations were same as before, on it being an amazing engine but I feel all the information on the infotainment display and the settings can be a bit distracting.

THIRD DRIVE:

This drive was all about testing the ADAS capabilities of the car and it was a rather short drive.

Some of my notable observations from the drive are:

Since it’s India one cannot stay in their lane strictly when people with two wheelers are trying to get ahead of you from all the sides.
I was on a flyover the car had identified my lane and was keeping me in the lane, a biker tried to cut me off from right and in retaliation i swerved a bit to the left but the car actively resisted and that was an issue for me, because it interfered in mu judgement.

Later during the drive also car was acting weird because on some sections of the road the lane markings were disappearing or faded, and it was intervening quite a lot to make me go in a straight line. Maybe some people are okay with this tech and obtrusion but such active obtrusion of the car in my driving annoyed me and I instantly turned the lane keep assist system off. I feel it’ll definitely be better suited for highways and might cause accidents in the city.

My conclusion is:
The car is an extremely well packaged one. It has more than adequate tech gimmicks for it to feel fresh down the line. Cost cutting is there but it has been implemented intelligently where most of the times it will not be a glaring omission. Performance for both diesel and petrol is class leading although the automatic for petrol is a little less calibrated. I just wish they are able to do the deliveries efficiently otherwise now the competitors know where to hit and it’ll be no surprise if they try to poach the bookings.

Have received no update about delivery date, the dealership says there’s no word from Mahindra.

So that was my first post, I hope you all liked it.

Apologies to the moderators if something went wrong.
avi01gupta is offline   (37) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 16:44   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNikhil View Post
I'm starting to believe that the hoopla around deliveries commencing from today was just another gimmick and maybe only select few deliveries might happen to people with some influence.
Exactly, if petrol deliveries were to commence from 31st, the pre-delivery process should've started by now. Lack of clarity so close to the advertised launch date is disappointing.
Tanmay007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 16:53   #2608
Distinguished - BHPian

A rather funny ADAS review of XUV. Those who know Kannada will enjoy this light hearted drive.

ADAS appears to be very effective and rather impressive.

Last edited by Kosfactor : 27th October 2021 at 16:54.
Kosfactor is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 16:55   #2609
BHPian

I talked to my dealership and they say that a final intimation is awaited from Mahindra's Sales head office, which is expected by 29th only post that they can reveal the delivery dates. Not sure if this is just some diversion tactics or if there is any truth in this statement
Monty1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 17:07   #2610
Distinguished - BHPian

Priyam Asthana shares this:-

Quote:
AX7L petrol silver - paid the booking amount on 7th Oct. Dealer informed me day before yesterday that the car has been trucked to the dealership.
My car is now in the dealership workshop getting accessories and all. Although the mahindra tracking still says order confirmed only.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-f86115d27fe44a53979589396822f68a.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (25) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks