Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 27th October 2021, 07:43   #2581
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: XUV700 (or some other?) testing at Khardungla Oct 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
FYI, the car featured in the middle picture is the upcoming Scorpio. Rest has been answered by BHPian Benoit in post #2.
It looks like the XUV700. If it is the Scorpio - then will these two look the same ? Or am I missing something ?

Like @smoes says, manufacturers leave the camouflage on these cars and continue to run them. Have seen a few on Kanakapura road here in Bangalore. So quite likely it is continued testing of the same model.
Old 27th October 2021, 07:49   #2582
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
It looks like the XUV700. If it is the Scorpio - then will these two look the same ? Or am I missing something ?
Second photo is that of the new Scorpio. The tailgate has a handle to open, if you observe closely.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 08:51   #2583
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Second photo is that of the new Scorpio. The tailgate has a handle to open, if you observe closely.
Thanks. So it looks one pic of a scorpio with 2 pics of the XUV700.
Old 27th October 2021, 08:53   #2584
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post

Note the above is from an actual Mahindra company owned & operated showroom and not a dealership as such, although the prices would be the exact same as they would at a dealership.
Would be interested to know, what is this concept of essential accessories, and why do they cost 25k! When I had purchased my last car the "essential" kit by the dealer was essentially just mudflaps, carpet and bodycover and cost around 5k. Is there anything more to this, or just another way to fleece buyers?
nasir88 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 10:13   #2585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasir88 View Post
Would be interested to know, what is this concept of essential accessories, and why do they cost 25k! When I had purchased my last car the "essential" kit by the dealer was essentially just mudflaps, carpet and bodycover and cost around 5k. Is there anything more to this, or just another way to fleece buyers?
I was told the accessories listed in my attached price-list picture are optional not mandatory, as the word essential may imply. Perhaps because it's a wholly Mahindra owned showroom. I would also like to mention the management was incredibly helpful and kind given I mentioned in advance I was just there to checkout the vehicle and not there for a purchase.

However, I'm very familiar with the concept of mandatory accessory buying by some dealerships : )
Old 27th October 2021, 11:15   #2586
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoumenD View Post
But why the camouflage? Can’t they simply continue testing without that as well since the car is already revealed? Or am I missing something?
I have seen couple of xuv 700 in camouflage near yercaud. Spotted them couple of time just driving up and down in the ghat section.
Old 27th October 2021, 11:35   #2587
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Heard from my friend who was in Ladakh at the same time & spotted the same cars was told, they were testing the DPF related issues which are commonly reported in BS6 diesels.
Thats reassuring and disturbing at the same time one would have thought they have already tested and sorted out all DPF issues. Great if they are continuing the testing just to be doubly sure.

Has anyone received an update on the delivery date? Today is the day, right?
a_chelat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 12:18   #2588
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a_chelat View Post

Has anyone received an update on the delivery date? Today is the day, right?
No updates yet. but, I got a call from my dealer to verify my email id to send updates on delivery. Wonder why they would send a separate mail when we can see it right on the portal (when it get's updated)? I guess the "Track my booking" status for all is now "Booking confirmed" and nothing else.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-xuv_700_tracking.jpg

Last edited by r0ckstar.1 : 27th October 2021 at 12:27.
r0ckstar.1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 12:28   #2589
BHPian

Quote:
Thats reassuring and disturbing at the same time one would have thought they have already tested and sorted out all DPF issues. Great if they are continuing the testing just to be doubly sure
My understanding was that this is not an issue that can be sorted out as such. Even 1 crore+ rupee cars like the Audi Q7 are not exempt from DPF issues.

Hoping that as long as one keeps an eye on the relevant alerts, and starts the manual regen well in time, one will be able to enjoy atleast several hundred km of hassle free driving. Will be a major blow for a huge number of people including me if that is not the case (and not just the ones who take it to Ladakh)
Old 27th October 2021, 12:49   #2590
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogishkamath View Post
My understanding was that this is not an issue that can be sorted out as such. Even 1 crore+ rupee cars like the Audi Q7 are not exempt from DPF issues.

Hoping that as long as one keeps an eye on the relevant alerts, and starts the manual regen well in time, one will be able to enjoy atleast several hundred km of hassle free driving. Will be a major blow for a huge number of people including me if that is not the case (and not just the ones who take it to Ladakh)
I am closely following the discussion on the Thar thread. There seems to be a couple of different theories on getting around this - one is to avoid start-stop-start kind of short trips so that that the engine and exhaust gets heated up and the other is to drive around in higher rpms now and then to help the regen.

If Mahindra can figure out the root cause with continuous testing, we will at least know how to live with these issues even if they don't go away completely.
Old 27th October 2021, 13:21   #2591
BHPian

Quote:
There seems to be a couple of different theories on getting around this - one is to avoid start-stop-start kind of short trips so that that the engine and exhaust gets heated up and the other is to drive around in higher rpms now and then to help the regen
I ideally don't want to invest any mental energy in figuring this out or spend the time to implement it. I am hoping to just spot the alert and press a button. This should work the same way whether I am in Ladakh or Kanyakumari.

If it does not quite work like that, then it is a hassle.

Also, I don't know if it is possible to drive in the manner you described when one is up in the remote mountains on narrow or non-existent roads with no flat stretches for hundreds of km in any directions. So, having the manual regen option is non-negotiable.
yogishkamath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 13:23   #2592
BHPian

Quote:
I am closely following the discussion on the Thar thread. There seems to be a couple of different theories on getting around this - one is to avoid start-stop-start kind of short trips so that that the engine and exhaust gets heated up and the other is to drive around in higher rpms now and then to help the regen.

If Mahindra can figure out the root cause with continuous testing, we will at least know how to live with these issues even if they don't go away completely.
Yes. Lot of view points in Thar thread. DPF issues are real for all BS6 engines. I changed my THAR booking to Petrol as I was primarily going to use it in city and ghats as well for extended period of time without hitting the highway. My XUV700 booking is for diesel as I will be using that primarily for long drives with family. Having said that, it will be good if Mahindra comes up with detailed guidance on potential DPF issues as there will be lot of first time owners of diesel vehicles with XUV700. If I am not wrong, I read somewhere that close to 60 percent booking is for Petrol in XUV 700.
alokk0912 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 13:28   #2593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samba View Post
Heard from my friend who was in Ladakh at the same time & spotted the same cars was told, they were testing the DPF related issues which are commonly reported in BS6 diesels.
Actually the TBhp news item mentioned that these were two petrol AT cars. I would have also expected Diesel AWDs but Petrol ??

Mahindra XUV700 Review-tindivanam.png
swarnava.ch is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 13:33   #2594
BHPian

Hello tbhpians,
I have booked my XUV700 on 7th from Anant Cars, Bangalore and waiting for delivery updates. Off late, I have seen very poor response from the sales consultant. I have been trying to get a long test drive, but he has some or the other reason to postpone or re-direct somewhere. Has arrogance set in with M&M dealers because of the 65,000 order book ? If this is the response even before we take delivery, I cannot imagine what will be the situation once there are initial niggles. I may be wrong, as I am very new to Mahindra world.

Not only the sales consultant, even there is no response from their official phone numbers. I know lot of our members have booked via Anant cars. Has anyone from Bangalore facing this issue ? Pls let me know
Carz77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 13:34   #2595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarnava.ch View Post
Actually the TBhp news item mentioned that these were two petrol AT cars. I would have also expected Diesel AWDs but Petrol ??

Attachment 2224621
I dint know the petrol versions did this. It make sense to use the petrol versions considering the DPF issues. Also the road to umling la is too good, even a small hatchback can do this guess.
febin8055 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed