Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 17:38   #4081
BHPian

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Has anyone installed aftermarket floor and boot mats in their 7 seater XUV? I feel that the ones from Mahindra are a tad expensive. A couple of shops I visited are clueless about its availability and ring up other shops.
The only ones I see online are so called '7D' mats with stock photos from the net. Are there any reputed websites for this?
Old 9th January 2022, 18:03   #4082
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinpower87 View Post
Now I want help from you guys on the PPF and seat cover part. Any leads of Garware dealers in Chennai ?
PPF: You can check with Detailing Mafia.
Seat cover: I have ordered with Kalyani Car Jewels, Virugambakkam. Leatherette. Will be getting it by coming weekend.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th January 2022 at 21:04. Reason: Quote trimmed. Grammar.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 19:42   #4083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajay_304 View Post
One silly doubt, my XUV700 AX7 L Pt AT doesn’t have an AdrenoX logo stuck on the bottom left corner of the infotainment display. Does anyone else have a similar issue? And does this mean anything or is it just a minor issue where the sticker was not placed by mistake ?
Your car doesn't have wood on the door panels right? Because I realised in the earlier reviews the cars didn't have the adrenox logo under the touch screen.
Old 9th January 2022, 20:11   #4084

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enthusiast81 View Post
Seat cover: I have ordered with Kalyani Car Jewels, Virugambakkam. Leatherette.
Thanks for the response ji. Let me know about the review on the seat cover. I too will try with them.

About the Detailing Mafia, I wanted Garware Brand PPF, I assume they don't have them yet.

Last edited by aah78 : 9th January 2022 at 21:05. Reason: Quote trimmed. Grammar. Spacing.
Old 9th January 2022, 20:22   #4085
BHPian

Quote:
Seat cover: I have ordered with Kalyani Car Jewels, Virugambakkam. Leatherette.
Quote:
Finally the wait for XUV700 is over for me. Got the Delivery of AX7 Petrol Automatic on December last week.
Congrats on the buy !!! I also got my AX7L Petrol delivered in the second week of December

Any idea or update on when Apple car play is expected to be available. I checked last week during the first service and they aren't sure

Last edited by aah78 : 9th January 2022 at 21:06. Reason: Quote trimmed. Please quote relevant sections only.
aravind84 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:26   #4086
BHPian

Quote:
Checked with the showroom when I took the delivery. They said it’s in progress and it will not take more than a month. My SA said it should be ready when I bring my car for the first service
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind84 View Post
Congrats on the buy !!! I also got my AX7L Petrol delivered in the second week of December

Any idea or update on when Apple car play is expected to be available. I checked last week during the first service and they aren't sure
Thanks bro. How’s your experience after one month of usage?

When I checked with my SA regarding the CarPlay and Android Auto update, he said I will mostly likely be getting it by the time I leave my vehicle with them for the first service. That is Feb first week.
Old 9th January 2022, 20:28   #4087
BHPian

Blue Bolt - Mahindra XUV700 AX7 MT P - Initial 1000kms Ownership Review

Pre Car Buying:

Our hunt for a new car had started when my 2010 Ford Figo Diesel Titanium started showing its niggles one after another.

The major issue was with the injector starting to give troubles with almost zero use during this lockdown life.

So, instead of making the diesel machine sit idle, sold it in Jun 2021 and thus our hunt for a new car began.

I was very keen on getting a Petrol car this time as my running is only around 6000 to 7000 odd kms per year that too mostly on highways.

And of course it had to be an 7-seater SUV since family got extended after my marriage and could not accommodate in hatchbacks/sedans.

So, the price range was initially kept between 15L to 20L. The requirements are

1) The car needs to be a 7-seater SUV
2) Punchy Petrol Engine
3) Manual / Automatic gearbox - prefer Manual since most of the running would be for highway/hill trips
4) Should have a 5-star rating with minimum 6 airbags with additional safety features
5) Should have decent number of features

The cars which we shortlisted were

1) Toyota Innova - Priced too much for the offering
2) Tata Safari - Not available in Petrol variant

Around Jun 2021, Mahindra started teasing the features of XUV700 one by one which seemed to be very attractive and was scheduled for launch on Aug 15, 2021.

We were in no hurry, as we already have Swift at home. So, me and my wifey decided to wait till the vehicle is launched but me being a motorhead used to check the XUV700 YouTube channel every week eagerly to see if any new teaser has come.

Finally, the vehicle got launched and there were lot of positive reviews trending online from AutoCar India, Team BHP, etc. and our eagerness towards it increased further.

I was invited for unveiling on Oct 1st by Zulaikha Motors since I had registered with them but could not make it and informed them that will be available for TD the next day.

Booking:

We were very impressed with our test drive, wifey was very much impressed than me so we decided that it will be XUV700 but did not book at that time with the dealer.

I myself booked AX7 MT P through the Mahindra website on Oct 8 but Mahindra was kind enough to offer me first day price protection since i had it in my cart before (gone with MT since most of the running would be on highways and since no L pack available in MT Petrol, settled with AX7).

Car Buying:

Now, the car is booked and Mahindra going with top tech firms for delivery algorithm, none was aware about the delivery dates. Fingers Crossed

On 27th October, received mail from M&M that Estimated Delivery on 28-NOV-2021. Everyone was happy to see this and my dealer too confirmed on the same.

Dealer called me on 15th of November stating that vehicle has been allotted and will be in their yard in next 7 days.

Pricing and Discounts:

Ex-Showroom - 17,59,000 (1st day price protection for AX7 P MT)
TCS - 17,590
Incidental Charges - 7080 (I insisted that this not applicable but did not stress upon as dealer gave 10L of Petrol free during delivery as well as more than 10+L of Petrol was present in tank while taking delivery and also arranged pooja, etc.)
Registration charges - 2,72,350 (Here's the catch, RTO charges in TN is 15% of Ex-showroom + 2500 green taxes but we would not be charged for 17,59,000 Ex-showroom but for 17,99,000 as this was the price registered with RTO )
Insurance - 61,257 - (Dealer quoted me around 1L+ initially and I showed the Insurance got by mudalaipatti for the same model which was around 72k (Thanks mate ) . At the same moment, dealer said they will arrange for discount and quoted me in the same range of 75k HDFC 1 OD + 3 TP including all RTI, Tires, Consumable, Engine protecting, etc. and another 50% NCB for OD that was carried from my previous vehicle Figo - which I'm not owning now)
Yes guys, if you had owned a vehicle which had NCB when you were selling, please get the NCB Claiming letter from Insurer which will be applicable for 3years from the date of issue. NOTE: NCB is given for the owner and not for the vehicle. Since, I had NCB of 50% for my previous vehicle, it saved me 14k.
2Yrs Extended Warranty - 24,189 (I never knew that we can do it ourself using the hamesha app, so I paid to the dealer who is yet to apply for it . Expecting it to be done next week. So, you can apply this yourself from the hamesha app).
Fasttag - 600
Accessories - Dealer insisted on 25k basic but I wasn't willing so dropped it.

Requested for PDI before handing over the cheque to the dealer. They arranged it promptly and could not find any defects with manufacture date being November went ahead with the payments.

Finally the D-Day, December 9th 2021, we were done with all the formalities and drove the Blue Bolt to our home happily after doing a small pooja.

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1a.jpeg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-1b.jpeg

Having driven our Blue Bolt for a month now and 1200+kms, here are the likes and dislikes

1) Excellent drivability Engine. Best in class
2) It is a looker
3) Spacious first and second row seats
4) Free 3 years maintenance
5) Welcome seats with Memory function, LED sequential turn indicators, Auto headlamps with booster, panoramic sunroof, sound staging and oh yes the big touch screen infotainment.

Dislikes:
1) Blue color gets soiled easily and adding to this the white interiors, very hard to maintain
2) Door handles - since this is AX7 and not L, we have only manual door handles, at times someone tries to open when the car is still locked gives me a heart attack
3) I'm not going in depth about the software niggles as there are many which itself needs a separate thread and hope M&M fixes them soon.
4) Mechanically, the car feels good but I did face an issue with 1st and 2nd gear shifting being hard which was mentioned in the 1k service. The service advisor did some adjustments but I haven't tested it yet. More updates on this soon.

Drivability:
FE - I wouldn't call myself a aggressive driver, not a sedate driver either and the FE is roughly around 11Km/L. I expect the FE to improve further, somewhere around 13 km/L or at least that's my wish.
Acceleration - The 2 Litre Turbo Charged Engine really makes you live the adrenaline rush.
Braking - Good but not as excellent as in Figo.
Suspension - On highways or other well paved roads, you feel like you are actually floating on a ship. The suspension is so smooth that our 85 year old grandma did not even feel tired after a continuous 6hr trip to Bengaluru.
Haven't taken the Bolt on potholed roads much, so could not comment.

Few clicks from our trip to Bengaluru
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra XUV700 Review-2.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-3.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-4.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-5.jpeg  

Mahindra XUV700 Review-6.jpeg  

kachamohan is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:43   #4088

Quote:

Same Here. I was told Android Auto and Apple car play will be available from first week of February and they are waiting on some kind of approval to install the application.

But what more could Android Auto/ Apple car play provide? I mean I can answer calls,
Listen to songs via Bluetooth, check all the vehicle information in Adrenox.

So didn't bother much about it .

Last edited by aah78 : 9th January 2022 at 21:06. Reason: Spacing fixed.
Vinpower87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:46   #4089
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
The only ones I see online are so called '7D' mats with stock photos from the net. Are there any reputed websites for this?
Yes, I have got it from a vendor thro' IndiaMart.
Mahindra XUV700 Review-img20211202wa0036.jpg

Mahindra XUV700 Review-img_20211225_073211.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
If the battery is totally drained, can the doors be opened since there is no provision to insert the key on the door handles?
There is a manual key which can be used only on the driver door. Just pull the door handle (requires push on the other side) and use the flip key on Key Fob. I had this issue when I left the car for PPF where the battery was drained.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fazalmirza View Post
IMHO, this is the most important piece of information in the latest updates. During my multiple drives, I felt this hollow sound was the only irritant. Otherwise, the suspension felt perfect. A 'la BMW 3GT'esque!'
I have this issue (front suspension hollow sound) from day one which typically happens only on slow speed in small humps. I mentioned this to Service Center during my first service, but as expected they said everything is fine . Hope there will be a fix which will be done for existing cars as-well.

Note from Support: Please use QUOTE+/MULTI-QUOTE when responding to multiple posts. Quote relevant sections of posts only. Share info on Forum only please. Thanks!

Last edited by aah78 : 9th January 2022 at 21:10. Reason: Posts merged. Pictures inserted in-line. See note.
mahesh.alse is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:52   #4090
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantobigboot View Post
Has anyone installed aftermarket floor and boot mats in their 7 seater XUV? I feel that the ones from Mahindra are a tad expensive. A couple of shops I visited are clueless about its availability and ring up other shops.
You can check for cozoo mats they have an online site.. I got them for my beast
anirbanm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 20:55   #4091
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks bro. How’s your experience after one month of usage?

When I checked with my SA regarding the CarPlay and Android Auto update, he said I will mostly likely be getting it by the time I leave my vehicle with them for the first service. That is Feb first week.
Its been good.. took it for 1100 kms drive to Nilgiris and felt much comfortable .. concerns are around the mileage which everyone has quoted..I got about 11 kmpl..

That would be good to have by feb... what accessories did you go in for? I am looking at mudflaps, Scuff plates and replacing the spare tyres with regular size
Old 9th January 2022, 21:01   #4092
BHPian

Booked the AX7L Diesel MT in Silver on 31st December and just got a delivery date of August-September 2023. The SA at Randhawa Motors while taking the test drive said if you book now, you will get the car in 6 months, the dates given by Mahindra are on the higher side just to keep expectations low and there have been many cancellations. He said except for Midnight Black(which is just a very dark hue of blue atleast to my eyes) and Everest White the waiting time for other colours is lower.

The Customer Care guy who called me from Mahindra while I was trying to book a test drive pretty much said the same thing, he said officially it is 72 weeks but he implied that actual delivery would be sooner(within the year,atleast thats what I understood)

I have no issues waiting till but may look at the Hector ( with ADAS) if it comes anytime soon, else will wait for the XUV.
Old 9th January 2022, 21:26   #4093
BHPian

Quote:
Same Here. I was told Android Auto and Apple car play will be available from first week of February and they are waiting on some kind of approval to install the application.

But what more could Android Auto/ Apple car play provide? I mean I can answer calls,
Listen to songs via Bluetooth, check all the vehicle information in Adrenox.

So didn't bother much about it .
one thing for sure I felt better with car play would be using google maps. I didn't really like the navigation app in the system and it is hard to even locate and narrow down the address. I struggled to even set Home address and haven't done it yet so the car play helps in my view
aravind84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:35   #4094
BHPian

Quote:

That would be good to have by feb... what accessories did you go in for? I am looking at mudflaps, Scuff plates and replacing the spare tyres with regular size
I got mud flaps,scuff plate protector (non illuminated),reverse cam,bumper corner protector,alloy wheel locks and pedal cover from the dealer.

7D mats,car cover and infotainment screen protector I ordered via Flipkart.

Seat covers,sun film,steering cover,side step,rear bumper guard and few other accessories I got it from a car accessories shop. Replaced the front door speakers with Infinity Reference series components for now. Probably after couple of months,I will change the rear speakers and install a subwoofer too

Last edited by Enthusiast81 : 9th January 2022 at 21:36.
Enthusiast81 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 21:46   #4095

Quote:
I got mud flaps,scuff plate protector (non illuminated),reverse cam,bumper corner protector,alloy wheel locks and pedal cover from the dealer.

7D mats,car cover and infotainment screen protector I ordered via Flipkart.

Seat covers,sun film,steering cover,side step,rear bumper guard and few other accessories I got it from a car accessories shop. Replaced the front door speakers with Infinity Reference series components for now. Probably after couple of months,I will change the rear speakers and install a subwoofer too
Cool! Were you able to install the 7D mats by yourself ? Or do we have to remove second row seats to install them properly? Also Sun film 30% right ? May I know which brand and how much did it cost ?
Thanks for your inputs

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks