Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2022, 11:39   #4066

Re: Mahindra XUV700 Review

Hello All,

Finally the wait for XUV700 is over for me. Got the Delivery of AX7 Petrol Automatic on December last week.

The vehicle seems real smooth and Powerful. The most powerful I felt driving an SUV.

Now I want help from you guys on the PPF and seat cover part. Any leads of Garware dealers in Chennai ?

I tried searching the posts .But couldn't get anything in Chennai for XUV700.

TIA
Vinpower87 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 12:08   #4067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram87pune View Post
Hello bhpians.

Here's latest round of info on the XUV700.

1. According to my sources, the XUV700 has an inbuilt autolearn feature for the TPMS. So if you rotate the tyres, all you need to do is drive your XUV700 at speeds of around 40 kmph for approximately 10 minutes and you will get the corrected values in the app.
Thanks for all this information

Adding on to this, a feature I found very handy and not spoken much about is it comes with live tire fill assist as shown in this video. Not sure how many of the modern cars come with this feature but I find this extremely helpful.

Sandegov is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 12:19   #4068
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
I had seen this video too, towards the end the road side assistance person said it was because the battery drained. So maybe the owner left something running.
So this is from a friend who got his XUV Petrol delivered recently:

Here is one issue I faced last week. We planned to go out for a drive at 7 am on a Saturday morning.Car has not been used for a week before that. When we were about to enter the car, it didn't open. Then observed that car battery is drained out completely. Remember car odo was just 350 or so.Had to call RSA who sent a generic mechanic for jump start. He is seeing xuv700 for first time.He jump started the car and asked me to drive for at least 45 min for recharging. I see in FB group that this is not a lone problem. Others are also reporting this.Some have got the battery changed in the 1st service . But I believe it is not battery problem, but some electronics issue which is consuming battery even while switched off.
Avinash_R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 12:31   #4069
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinpower87 View Post
Hello All,

Finally the wait for XUV700 is over for me. Got the Delivery of AX7 Petrol Automatic on December last week.

The vehicle seems real smooth and Powerful. The most powerful I felt driving an SUV.

Now I want help from you guys on the PPF and seat cover part. Any leads of Garware dealers in Chennai ?

TIA
You can call Randhir on 98739 49491 he is from the company from PPF division he may be helpful in giving you the name of applicators in your area.
sudhirjaipur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 12:35   #4070
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
. Then observed that car battery is drained out completely. Remember car odo was just 350 or so.Had to call RSA who sent a generic mechanic for jump start. He is seeing xuv700 for first time.He jump started the car and asked me to drive for at least 45 min for recharging..
It is good that he was able to open the bonnet to jump start the vehicle. I had come across an XUV500 (test drive car) where the bonnet could not be opened due to some issues.
If the battery is totally drained, can the doors be opened since there is no provision to insert the key on the door handles?
I am also curious to know if all the cars which are equipped to be operated remotely (starting the car, opening sunroof...) have tendency to be drained faster?
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 12:43   #4071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avinash_R View Post
So this is from a friend who got his XUV Petrol delivered recently:

Here is one issue I faced last week. We planned to go out for a drive at 7 am on a Saturday morning.Car has not been used for a week before that. When we were about to enter the car, it didn't open. Then observed that car battery is drained out completely. Remember car odo was just 350 or so.Had to call RSA who sent a generic mechanic for jump start. He is seeing xuv700 for first time.He jump started the car and asked me to drive for at least 45 min for recharging. I see in FB group that this is not a lone problem. Others are also reporting this.Some have got the battery changed in the 1st service . But I believe it is not battery problem, but some electronics issue which is consuming battery even while switched off.
Oh so most probably the car's electronics aren't being switched off even when we think is. Hopefully mahindra sorts this issue out soon.
Old 9th January 2022, 12:47   #4072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriku23 View Post
Guys, Got a call from the Anant cars,( Mysore road) Bangalore. today. I had booked my car on 7th OCT( Technically, paid money beforehand). I had got a delivery timeline from 15th June- 15th July 2022, Seems all the bookings have been preponed by 3.5 months. Mine is a AX5 AT D 7 Str. Keeping my fingers crossed that it is true. Can anyone else from Bangalore confirm the same?.
I too booked AX5 D AT 7s, from Anant cars Marathahalli. I have paid booking amount in Sept end and booking was punched in on 7-Oct. My delivery date is Aug - Sept 2022. Online status stays same as original for me!! Are you saying you got an update delivery date from Ananth cars?
Old 9th January 2022, 13:18   #4073
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Hello bhpians.

7. According to my sources, all the TD and media XUV700s have better fit and finish of interior panels as compared to what the customers are getting. This is one of the tradeoffs of the huge waiting lists and mass production.
This "excuse" that they are giving themselves in the QA within the factory, is plain WRONG. There is no excuse in the world, for a shoddy product reaching the customer, when the shoddiness is known and purposely ignored. Anand Mahindra, are you reading this ?
venkyhere is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 13:30   #4074
BHPian

Quote:

Here's latest round of info on the XUV700.

3. The hollow kind of noise emanating from the front suspension as reported by a few owners and media personnel is ironed out and cars produced from next month won't have this issue.

That's all for now. Stay tuned for more info.
Sirji,
IMHO, this is the most important piece of information in the latest updates. During my multiple drives, I felt this hollow sound was the only irritant. Otherwise, the suspension felt perfect. A 'la BMW 3GT'esque!'

Oh so I wish they had provided a sliding middle row to improve upon the 3rd row space when required.

And then I wish for the electric tail gate for that ultimate convenience.

Ah, those ventilated seats for front and rear seats. Bragging rights.

Did I miss Auto dimming IRVM?

Err.... Bonnet struts!

Adios muchachos

Last edited by Aditya : 9th January 2022 at 14:59. Reason: Extra smiley deleted
fazalmirza is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 14:00   #4075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinpower87 View Post
Hello All,

TIA
Hello,
I had asked the SA on seat covers and he said in the AX7 and AX7L variant, it will interfere with the seat airbag.
yuvmudapa is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 14:28   #4076

One silly doubt, my XUV700 AX7 L Pt AT doesn’t have an AdrenoX logo stuck on the bottom left corner of the infotainment display. Does anyone else have a similar issue? And does this mean anything or is it just a minor issue where the sticker was not placed by mistake ?
Old 9th January 2022, 14:30   #4077

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuvmudapa View Post
Hello,
I had asked the SA on seat covers and he said in the AX7 and AX7L variant, it will interfere with the seat airbag.
Yes, That's why I wanted to know if anybody else is taking any seat covers that are being installed professionally so that it doesn't affect the air Bags.

Since we are having white interiors it's very difficult to maintain the premium look on a longer run.

I'm sure the After market has already found a way to mitigate this issue.
Old 9th January 2022, 15:33   #4078
BHPian

My friend paid a premium(black/bribe) of Rs 2.3 Lakh to buy the XUV700 AX7 L Diesel AT, crazy hype and demand this car has made in the market. While i booked on 8th October I am given a tentative date of December'22 but if you have extra moolah to throw at the dealer you can skip the queue.

Quite disappointed with the highly acclaimed tall promises of Mahindra to have hired a consultancy firm that developed a comprehensive algorithm to ensure deliveries of XUV 700.

On the bright side i will get a fair review of the car by the end of this year as I have also booked in same model (That is only how i can console myself)
M.Dua is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th January 2022, 16:29   #4079
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.Dua View Post
My friend paid a premium(black/bribe) of Rs 2.3 Lakh to buy the XUV700 AX7 L Diesel AT, crazy hype and demand this car has made in the market. While i booked on 8th October I am given a tentative date of December'22 but if you have extra moolah to throw at the dealer you can skip the queue.

Quite disappointed with the highly acclaimed tall promises of Mahindra to have hired a consultancy firm that developed a comprehensive algorithm to ensure deliveries of XUV 700.

On the bright side i will get a fair review of the car by the end of this year as I have also booked in same model (That is only how i can console myself)
Which dealer in NCR has it available for a premium ?
Old 9th January 2022, 17:05   #4080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

7. According to my sources, all the TD and media XUV700s have better fit and finish of interior panels as compared to what the customers are getting. This is one of the tradeoffs of the huge waiting lists and mass production.
This point seems to have flown under the radar but this is egregious!

They are basically saying please test drive this car and buy it but know that your vehicle won't be built like this TD vehicle.

A TD vehicle makes the first impression, creates an experience on which you base your decision. Here they are tampering with that experience.
amol4184 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed